Conworlding ideas you weren't able to make work but want to

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
hadad
sinic
sinic

Conworlding ideas you weren't able to make work but want to

Post by hadad »

Though I'd rather choose Africa as a starting point (there's in ancient times supposed to have been more linguistic diversity, being the original homeland to our species), but couldn't make the idea work because I needed to create "evidence" that the language went through Africa to be in or near Asia, or that it was in Africa still. Unfortunately, despite many attempts to learn african languages, modern and ancient, I've been hit with this curse of difficulty finding resources.

I want to make the idea work. Instead, I've had to settle for Central Asia, which is fine, I like central Asia, but I always pick it. I want something new. I like my conworlds to sound sort of real, and have a believeable story line. If they don't, it ends up being way too easy.

Though creating an african homeland for my conpeople tends to be easy when creating native vocabulary. I don't get why we in America learn so much more about African wildlife than our own, but we do. Even nature documentaries seemed to only like to show Africa. Though they're getting better. Or it could just be that as a kid, I wanted to be a zoologist, and was obsessed unconsciously with Africa and its ecosystems, which might also be correct.

I've gained inroads. I've learned a bunch of stuff on ancient egyptian. Now I have some wolof phrases. No matter how much its spoken in North Africa, I'll never count Arabic as African (its name even screams that its in Asia). I found something on proto-omotic, but it seems to be based on nostratic theory, and like reconstructing PNWC from ProtoSinitic (I've seen it done), you need to prove the connection before you start reconstructing the language. I can, and have to mock the process, reproduced the ancestor to Sumerian and English, and called it Sumeringlish, and it looked believeable, though it never existed.
Know phrases in more languages than can fit in this signature.
Speaks English and Spanish.
Reads Sumerian.
There is more.