My Conpeople

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

My Conpeople

Post by Ainuke »

C-c-c-closed.
Last edited by Ainuke on 16 Nov 2010 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Vasak Kseni du Lamisa Sensen sen.
Native: :eng:
Learning: :deu: :con: Daljetz
Interest: :esp:
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Re: My Conpeople

Post by Ossicone »

Umm... why don't you just copy and paste the text into a post?
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

I thought it would be much too long. I answered THE WHOLE THING, and I'd prefer to use one post. If it's too much of a problem, I will ;3
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

A difficult question: Do they know about bullying and if so, how do they deal with it?
My neurochemistry has fucked my impulse control, now I'm diagnosed OOD = oppositional opinion disorder, one of the most deadly diseases in totalitarian states, but can be cured in the free world.
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

You choose to be insulted...

So nothing would really be done about it at all. This is considering someone actually decided to bully someone, going straight against one of the core principles of their Religion.
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

Ainuke wrote:You choose to be insulted...
???
Ainuke wrote:So nothing would really be done about it at all. This is considering someone actually decided to bully someone, going straight against one of the core principles of their Religion.
In religious beliefs, there's quite often some behaviour considered sin. So what if somebody commits a sin?
Last edited by Tanni on 16 Nov 2010 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
My neurochemistry has fucked my impulse control, now I'm diagnosed OOD = oppositional opinion disorder, one of the most deadly diseases in totalitarian states, but can be cured in the free world.
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

You don't seem to have read the txt. file. xD

It is believed that the dimension they live in has Laws. If you break these Laws, you will slowly fall into the endless oblivion of anger, sadness, depression etc. What you may call a "Sin" would be simply avoided by the person for the good of the person!
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

I started to read it, but
(b) Describe the climate your society deals with. How severe are their seasons?
~ 50% Sun, 50% Rain, exactly, every year.
What the fuck?
My pronouns are <xe> [ziː] / <xym> [zɪm] / <xys> [zɪz]

My shitty twitter
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

Couldn't think of anything better tbh. xP
I suppose it's just a reason to believe in the balance of all things.

Edit: I expect to see nearly every person on this board having a problem with this Conculture...please don't rant or say how it is totally impossible. Will be totally nonconstructive.
Last edited by Ainuke on 16 Nov 2010 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

Ainuke wrote:You don't seem to have read the txt. file. xD

It is believed that the dimension they live in has Laws. If you break these Laws, you will slowly fall into the endless oblivion of anger, sadness, depression etc. What you may call a "Sin" would be simply avoided by the person for the good of the person!
Excuse me, I didn't recognize that that website was anything more than just silly advertisement, so yes, I didn't read the text. But it would be a good practice to opitmize your conworld if you were exposed to random questions about it. That was the way I understood your request.

BTW, sinner or criminals are never scared off by whatever kind of punishment or whatever, not even if it were for the good of that person.
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

Ah. Difference is, when there is a Police, there is still some kind of possibility, or belief of possibility, that you can get away with it and escape. They believe that whatever is deliberately taken, must be given, no matter what. This doesn't have to be in the equivilant form. It may be in happiness, wealth, your house, your soulmate, anything at all.
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

Micamo wrote:I started to read it, but
(b) Describe the climate your society deals with. How severe are their seasons?
~ 50% Sun, 50% Rain, exactly, every year.
What the fuck?
You need wind for pollinate the plants. But you're not the only one who made that mistake. There's a religious story about that intended to show that god is a bit ahead. Surely, that only works for children.
Last edited by Tanni on 16 Nov 2010 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

Ah, sorry. I have a slight problem of communication where I forget to TYPE what I'm thinking. I assume people can kind of read my mind...

I meant Rain as in bad weather, and Sun as in good Weather. You usually get Wind with Rain :3
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Tanni wrote:BTW, sinner or criminals are never scared off by whatever kind of punishment or whatever, not even if it were for the good of that person.
I oppose prisons but even I know this is wrong. Let's remove all the penalties for tax evasion, and very publicly announce this. I wonder how many people would still give the IRS (or their state's equivalent) a dime.

As your the conpeople, I looked through it a few questions more and I run into sparkling gems every time.
(e) What are the most commonly-eaten meats?
~ Meat is not eaten. Though Fish is a very common food.

(f) What foods are considered exotic or expensive?
~ The ???? Fruit.

(l) How do people travel from one place to another?
~ A type of Blue Tiger.
...What?
(m) Are the borders secure? In what way?
~ Certain magicians watch the Sea's horizon with increased vision in order to spot any invaders, and friendly trade ships.
That's not what "secure borders" means. If, say, the humans came back to their island to invade them, would your conpeople be able to defend their homeland? Or are their neighbors a serious threat?
(q) What are the most common domesticated animals here? And what are they domesticated for?
~ Cats, Tigers, Hamsters, Rabbits and Dragons.

(s) Which animals are likely to be pets? Which ones won't be?
~ Cats are considered a brilliant pet. Rabbits also. Any kind of Dog is not let anywhere near a city/town/village, let alone a household. They are considered vicious uncontrolable animals.
I don't like dogs either but your conpeople keeps friggin Tigers to ride around on. You can't really use the "dangerous" argument.
(e) How is adultery defined? What (if any) is the punishment? Who decides?
~ Adultery does not occur. [blah Inyauk blah Fight To The Death blah]
What?

My shitty twitter
Ainuke
sinic
sinic

Post by Ainuke »

"What?"

The questions are rolling in!1

Yeah. This Conculture is NOT supposed to be 'Logical' or 'Possible'. It's myssssstical, possibly elvish. The Tigers are totally bred for riding. Not very often they have to be tamed. Dogs are considered vicious and untameable. Oh and lastly, "????" indicates I havn't thought of a name for it yet.

Edit: Not Inyauk! They do not kill eachother, nor do they wish to hurt eachother! It's just a peace of harmless, but painful fun.
Don't say how that is illogical/childish.
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Ainuke wrote:"What?"

The questions are rolling in!1

Yeah. This Conculture is NOT supposed to be 'Logical' or 'Possible'. It's myssssstical, possibly elvish. The Tigers are totally bred for riding. Not very often they have to be tamed. Dogs are considered vicious and untameable. Oh and lastly, "????" indicates I havn't thought of a name for it yet.
I like illogical stuff too but it's only good when it's funny. Why have it rain water? Have it rain opera-singing monkeys instead!

As well, your conculture (seems) non-human. This is fine, but Zahar is designed for human cultures so it lacks a biological section. What can you tell us about their (non-human) physiology? By "possibly Elvish" I'm guessing you don't know either.

My shitty twitter
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

Micamo wrote:
Tanni wrote:BTW, sinner or criminals are never scared off by whatever kind of punishment or whatever, not even if it were for the good of that person.
I oppose prisons but even I know this is wrong. Let's remove all the penalties for tax evasion, and very publicly announce this. I wonder how many people would still give the IRS (or their state's equivalent) a dime.
As far as we know, we had (in part very harsh) punishment for at least some thousand years, both, on secular and on religious level (they often were the same), but we still have crime and sinners. Tax evasion is now considered sin, too!

I oppose prisons, too. What is IRS?
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Tanni wrote:
Micamo wrote:
As far as we know, we had (in part very harsh) punishment for at least some thousand years, both, on secular and on religious level (they often were the same), but we still have crime and sinners. Tax evasion is now considered sin, too!

I oppose prisons, too. What is IRS?
The IRS is the Internal Revenue Service. In the US, this is the agency responsible for administering tax collection. If you don't pay your taxes you go to prison. Take that little detail away and I wonder how many people would still give the IRS money.

My shitty twitter
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

Micamo wrote:The IRS is the Internal Revenue Service. In the US, this is the agency responsible for administering tax collection. If you don't pay your taxes you go to prison. Take that little detail away and I wonder how many people would still give the IRS money.
So IRS is more commonly known as ''ministry of finance'', ''The Exchequer'', ''treasury'' or ''treasury department''?
Micamo
MVP
MVP

Post by Micamo »

Tanni wrote:
Micamo wrote:The IRS is the Internal Revenue Service. In the US, this is the agency responsible for administering tax collection. If you don't pay your taxes you go to prison. Take that little detail away and I wonder how many people would still give the IRS money.
So IRS is more commonly known as ''ministry of finance'', ''The Exchequer'', ''treasury'' or ''treasury department''?
In the US, the IRS is generally known as just "The IRS." But I guess the Ministry of Finance must be the british equivalent.

My shitty twitter