Goat-Herders of the Steppe

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
GoshDiggityDangit
sinic
sinic

Goat-Herders of the Steppe

Post by GoshDiggityDangit »

Hello all! I have recently created a sketch of a culture, and I am very proud of it! I want to present my little culture to all of you!

I have been interested in making an early culture for a long time. A while ago I started a stone-age language project with some of you on the CBB. That project is now defunct, and even if it starts again I'm permanently locked out of my profile I used for it [O.O]. Anyways, I've been making a bunch of sketches, and I recently stumbled on a Burial Site Generator (https://replit.com/@nakarispeardane/Grave-Generator). I generated a few descriptions until I got one that really got my creative juices flowing. I began to think about why they would bury their dead like that, what other kind of beliefs they had around death, and how they might live.
I eventually came to place the people into a steppe climate. This was mostly due to various types of animals that I knew I wanted these people to interact with. When I think of the steppe, I always think specifically of Mongolia. I knew I wanted these people to live in the late stone-age, so I looked into the stone-age in Mongolia. Apparently, H. Erectus had lived in Mongolia and used stone tools as long ago as 800,000 years ago (Almost as old as my Dad!), and with that, I got into one of my other fascinations. Now, I have a late stone-age, non-human culture, and that's something I've been wanting to make for a loooooong time.
In this thread, I will present what I've made already, and then sketch out new stuff. I'm excited to develop this culture further, and I like to tell people about the stupid things I make up. So, thanks for reading, and consider checking in every once in a while!
"Coffee is an azimuthal polar map that you to map back to a sphere and then you can map it to any projection you desire."
http://catran.cailab.net/wordpress/