Alamipasa

A forum for guides, lessons and sharing of useful information.
Shemtov
runic
runic

Alamipasa

Post by Shemtov »

Alamipasa lesson 1.

Salut wa Welkam!
This thread is an experiment. I am learning Esperanto, and I am frustrated by its claim to be a WORLD auxlang. It works well as an auxlang for western Europe but the world? Not in my humble opinion. If that angers some Esperantists, remember, that this is just my opinion, and I would love to hear your reasons why you disagree with me. But please PM me and don’t derail this thread.
But here’s the thing:
I realize that it is hard, very hard to create a language that is easy to learn for speakers of all the world’s major tongues. But I had to try. Thus I created Alamipasa- the true world language! I do not intend this too be actually spoken by anyone, the point is to, as an exercise, make a language that derives features from ALL the worlds major languages, while being as simple as possible. Words are derived from any living/zombie natlang , but most (75-80%) are from Western European Languages, Mandarin, Semitic, Slavic or Indo-Aryan roots.
But now I need labrats, people to see if I had fulfilled my intention by learning Alamipasa and seeing how easy it is. So I respectfully ask you to join me on this journey into lel alam de la pasa Alamipasa.

Phonology:
m n <m n>
p t k <p t k>
f s h <f s h>
ʧ<c>
l <l>
j w <y w>

a i u ə <a i u e>

The stops aspirated versions as free variants.
The fricatives have the voiced versions as free variants.
/l/ has many free allophones, basically all coronal lateral approximates and rhotics.
/ʧ/ has all unvoiced nonlateral coronal sibilant affricates and [ʤ] as free variants.
Lesson 1:
Pronouns and basic statements.
Pronouns:
Mi- I
Tu-You
Ta- He/she
Hi- it; non-human 3p pronoun.
To make the pronouns plural add the suffix –s
Thus:
Mis-we
Tas-Them

Subject-verb statements in present tense:
These consist of the subject followed by the verb:
Mi seplek-I speak; I am speaking
Tu it- you eat; you are eating
Ta fus- he walks; he is walking

The Object:
The object may be placed after the verb or between the subject and the verb but must always have the particle “le” before it.
Thus:
Mi it le pocan OR Mi le pocan it: I eat the food.
Ta seplek le Alamipasa OR Ta le Alamipasa seplek- He speaks Alamipasa.

I will give you a vocab list and then some English sentences. Using the list and the grammer in this lesson, translate the sentences to Alamipasa.

Pai-To slap
It- to eat
Cian-to see; to look (at)
Katal- to kill
Pocan-food
Ape-bee
Marku- (the name) Mark

I slap him
You eat food
He kills a bee
She looks at Mark.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Xing
MVP
MVP

Re: Alamipasa

Post by Xing »

Shemtov wrote:Alamipasa lesson 1.

But now I need labrats, people to see if I had fulfilled my intention by learning Alamipasa and seeing how easy it is. So I respectfully ask you to join me on this journey into lel alam de la pasa Alamipasa.
If you really wants to test your language, you would need a sufficiently large test population, from various linguistic backgrounds, who will study the language until they reach a fair amount of fluency. Not likely that you will find it here, but let's give it a try...
Phonology:
m n <m n>
p t k <p t k>
f s h <f s h>
ʧ<c>
l <l>
j w <y w>

a i u ə <a i u e>

The stops aspirated versions as free variants.
The fricatives have the voiced versions as free variants.
/l/ has many free allophones, basically all coronal lateral approximates and rhotics.
/ʧ/ has all unvoiced nonlateral coronal sibilant affricates and [ʤ] as free variants.
What's the phonotactics?

Lesson 1:
Pronouns and basic statements.
Pronouns:
Mi- I
Tu-You
Ta- He/she
Hi- it; non-human 3p pronoun.
To make the pronouns plural add the suffix –s
Thus:
Mis-we
Tas-Them

Subject-verb statements in present tense:
These consist of the subject followed by the verb:
Mi seplek-I speak; I am speaking
Tu it- you eat; you are eating
Ta fus- he walks; he is walking
How do you do when you want or need to distinguish, say, between habitual and progressive aspect? Will that be covered in a later lesson?

The Object:
The object may be placed after the verb or between the subject and the verb but must always have the particle “le” before it.
Thus:
Mi it le pocan OR Mi le pocan it: I eat the food.
Ta seplek le Alamipasa OR Ta le Alamipasa seplek- He speaks Alamipasa.
Is there any pragmatic difference between the two word-orders? Or is it a matter of personal taste?

Do only direct objects require the object article? Or also indirect objects, and various adjuncts and complements apart from direct objects? Is there a copula, and if so, would you need the object particle in conjunction with it?

(I suppose much if this may be covered in later lessons, but anyway...)

I will give you a vocab list and then some English sentences. Using the list and the grammer in this lesson, translate the sentences to Alamipasa.

Pai-To slap
It- to eat
Cian-to see; to look (at)
Katal- to kill
Pocan-food
Ape-bee
Marku- (the name) Mark

I slap him
You eat food
He kills a bee
She looks at Mark.
From what I get of the grammar: