Weird Dream Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Xing
MVP
MVP

Re: Weird Dream Thread

Post by Xing »

This night I dreamt that I met up at a 'Chinese restaurant' in Sweden with some old acquintances. At first, we only had beer. For some reason, I ended up with enormous glass of beer - maybe three times the size of a regular glass. Later we decided to eat. The other decided what they would like, but I asked the waiter if they had some traditional Chinese food. It was of course a rethorical question (very few 'Chinese restaurants' in Sweden serve traditional Chinese food). To my suprise, the had hairy crab on the menu. Though the waiter was not sure if they could actually prepare it. Since I don't eat shellfish, I decided to look through the menu once again. It was easier said than done, because the in was embedded in a huge catalogue, and it was extremely difficult to find the pages with the food. (And once I found them, they seemed to disappear and move around in the catalogue, so I had to look up new pages all the time.) For some reason, my company had no problems ordering, and as they got their food I was still caught trying to find the menu in the catalogue. Around that time, I woke up.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I dreamt that my ex-wife and I were struggling to cope with the death of our daughter, (rather than my daughter and I struggling to cope with the death of her mother as is real-life).
It struck me as very weird the first hour or so after I woke up, but I no longer remember why.
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

I’ve recently had two unusual dreams.

In the first one, I was sitting on a chair in a rather cold-coloured room next to a classmate of mine and there were some drops of water on the gray floor in front of me. I was bugged by them for some reason, so I decided to ‘clean’ them by telekinesis, and then I contorted my fingers and concentrated on the drops the best I could. It was both physically and mentally exhausting, but I didn’t give up as I saw them changing shape and slowly moving around the floor, and then they flew to the ceiling all of sudden, me waking up next.

The second one was similarly quite short, and it basically consisted of me playing a dice name with an entity I perceived as a god despite I can’t recall its appearance at all, and Einstein yelled ‘God doesn’t play dice!’ all of sudden so I woke up.

This probably has something to do with me looking up quantum physics articles on Wikipedia because my Physics teacher told my class we’re going to learn basic quantum physics in the fourth grade of my high school (Grade 12) and being utterly confused.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Click wrote:I’ve recently had two unusual dreams.

In the first one, I was sitting on a chair in a rather cold-coloured room next to a classmate of mine and there were some drops of water on the gray floor in front of me. I was bugged by them for some reason, so I decided to ‘clean’ them by telekinesis, and then I contorted my fingers and concentrated on the drops the best I could. It was both physically and mentally exhausting, but I didn’t give up as I saw them changing shape and slowly moving around the floor, and then they flew to the ceiling all of sudden, me waking up next.

The second one was similarly quite short, and it basically consisted of me playing a dice name with an entity I perceived as a god despite I can’t recall its appearance at all, and Einstein yelled ‘God doesn’t play dice!’ all of sudden so I woke up.

This probably has something to do with me looking up quantum physics articles on Wikipedia because my Physics teacher told my class we’re going to learn basic quantum physics in the fourth grade of my high school (Grade 12) and being utterly confused.
God AND Einstein in the same dream. Wow
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

eldin raigmore wrote:I dreamt that my ex-wife and I were struggling to cope with the death of our daughter, (rather than my daughter and I struggling to cope with the death of her mother as is real-life).
It struck me as very weird the first hour or so after I woke up, but I no longer remember why.
maybe because it's a reciprocal of reality?
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

So I keep having dreams that the shelf for self-learning language materials in the central library of my current county is in the children's section of the regional library that I went to as a kid (totally different state).
So I had that dream last night, except that they had a book to learn Ndozembu, which isn't a natlang, it's one of my conlangs.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

I dreamt some serious shit.
I was reading a book at my grandma's (deducing that from the orange light that tainted the purely white pages).
And this book featured quadrains of Nostradamus (I never read them).

I could read the Old French word cist clearly, a b/w picture of the Titanic and the year 1997.
The text changed into German.
And as I read the verses, I heared the same verses in Old French:
And the Titanic II will sink [again]
As did the first like in the movie from 1997.

Before I woke up I heared myself saying "so I won't ever be able to go on a cruise."
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Egerius wrote:I dreamt some serious shit.
I was reading a book at my grandma's (deducing that from the orange light that tainted the purely white pages).
And this book featured quadrains of Nostradamus (I never read them).

I could read the Old French word cist clearly, a b/w picture of the Titanic and the year 1997.
The text changed into German.
And as I read the verses, I heared the same verses in Old French:
And the Titanic II will sink [again]
As did the first like in the movie from 1997.

Before I woke up I heared myself saying "so I won't ever be able to go on a cruise."
Let's spread the word of the prophet Egerius
by the way, have you been watching Doctor Who Christmas specials?

Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

loglorn wrote: Let's spread the word of the prophet Egerius
by the way, have you been watching Doctor Who Christmas specials?
I'm no prophet. :mrgreen:

And I can't watch Any modern Doctor Who as I can't receive BBC 1 here in the Barbaian lands Germany
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Egerius wrote:And I can't watch Any modern Doctor Who as I can't receive BBC 1 here in the Barbaian lands Germany
Brazil doesn't get BBC either. That's (also) what the computer's for.

Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Egerius wrote:I'm no prophet. :mrgreen:
Yes, you are. And a special one at that! How many prophets prophecy their own prophethood?
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Dormouse559 wrote:
Egerius wrote:I'm no prophet. :mrgreen:
Yes, you are. And a special one at that! How many prophets prophecy their own prophethood?
Prophets having Prophecies about their own Prophethood? That is certainly Prophetic.

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

I dreamt the cough that has been the bane if my existence for the past five weeks was gone. Then I really woke up, and the cough was still there. [:'(]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Xing wrote:This night I dreamt that I met up at a 'Chinese restaurant' in Sweden with some old acquintances. At first, we only had beer. For some reason, I ended up with enormous glass of beer - maybe three times the size of a regular glass. Later we decided to eat. The other decided what they would like, but I asked the waiter if they had some traditional Chinese food. It was of course a rethorical question (very few 'Chinese restaurants' in Sweden serve traditional Chinese food). To my suprise, the had hairy crab on the menu. Though the waiter was not sure if they could actually prepare it. Since I don't eat shellfish, I decided to look through the menu once again. It was easier said than done, because the in was embedded in a huge catalogue, and it was extremely difficult to find the pages with the food. (And once I found them, they seemed to disappear and move around in the catalogue, so I had to look up new pages all the time.) For some reason, my company had no problems ordering, and as they got their food I was still caught trying to find the menu in the catalogue. Around that time, I woke up.
Hairy crabs?

Were you a "Grass-Mud-Horse" ( caonima) in your dream?
Xing
MVP
MVP

Post by Xing »

Lambuzhao wrote:Hairy crabs?
It's called ullhandskrabba in Swedish. Apparaently it can be referred to as hairy crab or mitten crab in English.
Felbah
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Felbah »

Probably the weirdest dream I ever had was set in Mozambique. Humorous thing was; I have never been to Mozambique, seen pictures of Mozambique or really taken an interest in. Mozambique...
I will explain: about this time, in real life, I wanted to teach Abkhaz language (reasons - don't get me started...) in Abkhazia, because most people speak Russian (I realise now that I am probably the most ill-equipped person to do this - I know little Abkhaz and no Russian...)
Anyway, back to the dream. I dreamed that I was in a place, very desertlike, but with Tattooine-like buildings all around me. I looked up, and there was a flag (I like flags says well as languages...) which looked like the Abkhaz flag, but instead of a hand, had a picture of a mosque, and instead of seven even stripes, the centre one was thicker, and included the Shahada on it. I looked at a map which was nearby, which was torn and tattered, and it had a picture of Mozambique! saying that we were in Mozambique, but the North had seceded, and that was where we were.
There were people around, not many, but a few, who were definitely speaking Abkhaz, and we walked through some desert for a while, before coming to another town, where there was a helicopter. We got into the helicopter and I woke up.
Hi. I am DoctorMisterPorfessorSomethingorother.
My fledgeling minicity...
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

I dreamt I called Micamo on the telephone to ask her something about languages. She spoke with a strong American accent and told me her real name was Christine.

I think I need a break from this forum now that I'm dreaming of other members...

And before anyone tells me I need to get a life, may I just say that I actually do have one. [:P]
Last edited by DesEsseintes on 28 May 2014 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

DesEsseintes wrote:I dreamt I called Micamo on the telephone to ask her something about languages. Her spoke with a strong American accent and told me her real name was Christine.

I think I need a break from this forum now that I'm dreaming of other members...

And before anyone tells me I need to get a life, may I just say that I actually do have one.
The only way for that to get weirder is if her name really is Christine.

DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

loglorn wrote:
DesEsseintes wrote:I dreamt I called Micamo on the telephone to ask her something about languages. Her spoke with a strong American accent and told me her real name was Christine.

And before anyone tells me I need to get a life, may I just say that I actually do have one.
The only way for that to get weirder is if her name really is Christine.
I know!! [xD]
cntrational
greek
greek

Post by cntrational »

Today I dreamed that I was part of some ninja-like feuding clans of magic users, who used magic to hide from and spy on each other. it involved elaborate gestures to maintain a field of hiding and secrecy, and there were things like being touched by a moth and becoming invisible, with only the presence of a moth -- which expert ninjas could detect, even so. It was nonsensical.