Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Re: Other Creativity

Post by clawgrip »

Vampireshark, my only fear is that one day you will run out of documents to design.
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

clawgrip wrote:Vampireshark, my only fear is that one day you will run out of documents to design.
Nah, I'm sure Telèmor has at least a couple of bureaucracies. ;)
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Lodhas wrote:
clawgrip wrote:Vampireshark, my only fear is that one day you will run out of documents to design.
Nah, I'm sure Telèmor has at least a couple of bureaucracies. ;)
Yep. There are at least nine or so ministries (on the federal level), not counting regional offices and the opportunities for stuff from Ilia or the Pearl Islands or other countries that I could probably whip up. Like these:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna,
I'll be wearing a river's disguise;
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thigh...

Looking for subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.
zee
greek
greek

Post by zee »

Map of the contient of Sjlavet.

Last edited by zee on 30 May 2013 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
reírítí lixa kisti o lixati reí kisti · the river god controls the fish and the fish control the river – otísil (pdf)
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I like Daqinam's map. And vampireshark's stamps. And visa. And basically every bit of "other creativity" posted since the last time I said I liked anything.
zee
greek
greek

Post by zee »

And now a map of Bajnarol!

And also a bigger version for those of you who like to journey on the dangerous side of life.
Spoiler:
And also a very very very big version for those of you who just want to watch the world burn.
Seriously! It's really big. Like... the 4000-pixels-wide kinda big. Are you sure you wanna do this?
Spoiler:
Last edited by zee on 30 May 2013 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
reírítí lixa kisti o lixati reí kisti · the river god controls the fish and the fish control the river – otísil (pdf)
Chagen
runic
runic

Post by Chagen »

I was tired of debating internet misogynists, so instead of dealing with them and wanting to end humanity again, I decided to write a satircal article mocking their insane ideas.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Essay:The_ ... ic_Tactics
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

The mix is ok though not great, and I've yet to add symphonic arrangements, the bass part (sorry, Xonen) or the vocals... but I 'm pretty sure it's awesome. :D

And yes, this is the song I composed the lyrics appearing earlier in this thread for.
Edit: I updated the song, so I updated the link.
Last edited by Ànradh on 31 May 2013 12:48, edited 2 times in total.
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
Stammalor
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Stammalor »

I had this idea that I really liked, even though it might be unrealistic. I am half-working on a conworld and in it there are a big desert on one of the continent, somewhat smaller than Sahara. Near the middle of the desert I have imaginated there being a small mountain and hills. I thought about what if there are underground rivers and the same forces that pushed up the ground to make the small mountain and hills also pushed upp the rivers and that area, causing small ponds to appear in the nearby area, creating oasises and makingrivers of clean water easly to reach if you mine the ground. That would make the Place able to substain a small population, maybe 2000, and also making it a reliable and rich source of water, something very precious in the desert. That would make the Town there an excellent place for trade betwen the nomads of the desert and the agricultureists from outside the desert. And the nomads could move through the one end of the desert to the next, making their route both shorter and being able to cut away several middle men of trade, making very money worthy for the agricultureists. The Town would therefore almost Always have travellers besides its stable population and almost all would have something of Worth, making taxation possible and with that, Resources to build a real rich city of stone, in the middle of a major desert.

I really like that idea [:D]
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

So, I've designed the cover for the single before I even finished the recordings or chose a name. Yep.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Last page of the stamp page project I was working on, on and off.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna,
I'll be wearing a river's disguise;
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thigh...

Looking for subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.
Torco
sinic
sinic

Post by Torco »

I'm drawing! Its fucking fun! Sure, i had drawn before on pencils and paper, and its pretty cool, don't get me wrong, but software is just awesome! I bought this tablet for 20 bucks and i have one phrase to describe the experience of using drawing tablets: layers! are! awesome!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/193 ... dasd/1.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/193 ... dasd/2.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/193 ... dasd/3.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/193 ... dasd/4.PNG

so i went from drawing noob to computer-assisted drawing noob
zee
greek
greek

Post by zee »

The logo for Budeks Firri (a university in my conworld) in 4 different colours!

Note: Budeks Firri is a modern university. You can tell because it uses Firri in its name as opposed to the full word which is firrivissettá. An example of an older university is Firrivissettá Ovecalir (The Official University) which is the oldest and most high-praised university. It was given the title "Official University" because after it was created, it immediately became a very large part of the country and therefore became the "official" university. Although, older universities are beginning to lose their popularity in favour of the newer ones such as Budeks Firri.

Oops... I accidentally went into a bit more detail than I thought I would... Oh well ;D
Last edited by zee on 22 Jun 2013 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Ambrisio
greek
greek

Post by Ambrisio »

Last edited by Ambrisio on 16 Nov 2014 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

Daqinam wrote:The logo for Budeks Firri (a university in my conworld) in 4 different colours!

Note: Budeks Firri is a modern university. You can tell because it uses Firri in its name as opposed to the full word which is firrivissettá. An example of an older university is Firrivissettá Ovecalir (The Official University) which is the oldest and most high-praised university. It was given the title "Official University" because after it was created, it immediately became a very large part of the country and therefore became the "official" university. Although, older universities are beginning to lose their popularity in favour of the newer ones such as Budeks Firri.

Oops... I accidentally went into a bit more detail than I thought I would... Oh well ;D
I can't see any of the images. :S
decem
greek
greek

Post by decem »

I know have a terrain map of Gaskarel!

[tick] : :gbr: | [:D] : :deu: :fra: | [:S] : :esp: :ita: :bra: | conlang sxarihe
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

I'd expect the east coast to be much wetter.
decem
greek
greek

Post by decem »

Click wrote:I'd expect the east coast to be much wetter.
Why?

The island (Greenland-size) is in the southern hemisphere and receives mostly southwesterly winds.
[tick] : :gbr: | [:D] : :deu: :fra: | [:S] : :esp: :ita: :bra: | conlang sxarihe
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Why, indeed?

Perhaps the weather creates a climate not unlike the coast of Southern California and/or most of Western South America, which is coastal desert, or Northeastern Africa, for that matter.

The conditions might be flip-flopped from Earth to Gaskarel.
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

decemarietis wrote:
Why?

The island (Greenland-size) is in the southern hemisphere and receives mostly southwesterly winds.
The east coasts are usually quite wet, or at least not arid or semiarid, if they are closer to equator than 45 degrees north or south

Of course, it goes the other way round if the planet rotates in the opposite direction.