Help me

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
JANKO GORENC
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Help me

Post by JANKO GORENC »

HI,
Could you please for your help?
I have a problem with my Private messages (box').
I would like to remove some redundant sent messages. I tried by marking an empty square with an arrow on the left side of the message
then find the bottom square (button: Go)
searched for the caption: Remove. I received a notification:

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

why not?

Thank you!

Janko
Today, on 4.7.2016, I have successfully collected numbers from over 26,024 ways (languages both: natlangs and also conlangs).
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: Help me

Post by elemtilas »

JANKO GORENC wrote: 15 Sep 2020 00:08 HI,
Could you please for your help?
I have a problem with my Private messages (box').
I would like to remove some redundant sent messages. I tried by marking an empty square with an arrow on the left side of the message
then find the bottom square (button: Go)
searched for the caption: Remove. I received a notification:

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

why not?

Thank you!

Janko
Hi Janko!

I got the same error. Sounds like a job for owner/moderator intervention!
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I got the same error. Sounds like a job for owner/moderator intervention!
Me too.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

I am looking into this.
Creyeditor
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Creyeditor »

I just wanted to mention that I encountered a similar error. The only way I could delete messages is by enabling the option delete oldest messages (if folder is full) under the heading private messages > rules, folder & setting. This is auto-delete however.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Ossicone wrote: 15 Sep 2020 15:02 I am looking into this.
I move a vote of confidence in Ossicone!
JANKO GORENC
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by JANKO GORENC »

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to send my private message to several addresses because I was not at CBB for a while (at several different addresses) and a lot had changed on the CBB forum at that time, but the global moderator and administrator forbade me to send messages. They mentioned to me [username removed by admin] that he was upset (though, I didn’t want to offend him) they were sending me a Warning message. One message I got, I wanted to open and read, but it was stated that the sender deleted it. In several cases, I happened to ask someone 2 times to answer me. Many don’t even read the message. but it happens that they inadvertently delete it, as they usually inform me of it. So from now on I send a maximum of two messages for one person if it is the same language or topic.
During this time, I remembered not to send any more messages, but to state right in the message if this will be posted on the thread. So when I see the post, I don’t ask him with another Pm either. So I don’t care if they respond to my requests in PM or post in threads. Anyway, I look at what's new several times and I wouldn't disturb people unnecessarily. From now on, I'm afraid that the administrator wouldn't send me a Warning reply message for each private message
I'm thinking of leaving the CBB forum where to constantly argue with the moderator or administrator.
I know there are some rules, but I feel very bad if I don't understand them wrongly and unintentionally.
I apologize to everyone!
Today, on 4.7.2016, I have successfully collected numbers from over 26,024 ways (languages both: natlangs and also conlangs).
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

JANKO GORENC wrote: 19 Sep 2020 03:16 Thank you for your reply.

I tried to send my private message to several addresses because I was not at CBB for a while (at several different addresses) and a lot had changed on the CBB forum at that time, but the global moderator and administrator forbade me to send messages. They mentioned to me [username removed by admin] that he was upset (though, I didn’t want to offend him) they were sending me a Warning message. One message I got, I wanted to open and read, but it was stated that the sender deleted it. In several cases, I happened to ask someone 2 times to answer me. Many don’t even read the message. but it happens that they inadvertently delete it, as they usually inform me of it. So from now on I send a maximum of two messages for one person if it is the same language or topic.
During this time, I remembered not to send any more messages, but to state right in the message if this will be posted on the thread. So when I see the post, I don’t ask him with another Pm either. So I don’t care if they respond to my requests in PM or post in threads. Anyway, I look at what's new several times and I wouldn't disturb people unnecessarily. From now on, I'm afraid that the administrator wouldn't send me a Warning reply message for each private message
I'm thinking of leaving the CBB forum where to constantly argue with the moderator or administrator.
I know there are some rules, but I feel very bad if I don't understand them wrongly and unintentionally.
I apologize to everyone!
It's not so much that we mind you collected numbers from conlangs, but more that you message users without much context.

For example, you messaged me on a couple of occasions asking for numbers from one to ten in what wasn't a conlang, but a sort of "proof of concept" that I wanted feedback on. They were never intended to be conlangs. And some users don't really prefer being PMed when they present a conlang, and, again, prefer public feedback.

The best option I might suggest is to comment within threads asking for numbers, and if you don't receive a reply, don't go fishing any further. There's honestly no real need to go fishing for information that hasn't yet been posted (chances are that if it's not public, it either doesn't exist, or isn't in a state that the user wishes to show off).
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.