Odd MKLC issue. / Can anyone build this layout for me?

If you're new to these arts, this is the place to ask "stupid" questions and get directions!
SLiV
sinic
sinic

Odd MKLC issue. / Can anyone build this layout for me?

Post by SLiV »

Hey guys,

Since my laptop got stolen some months ago, I have been reinstalling a lot of my stuff. On my old laptop, I had created some neat keyboard layouts with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (1.4), such as an IPA layout and a layout for my conlang. I also used a slightly modified version of United States International for everyday use. I reinstalled that in the first week of using my new laptop (Windows 7). Works fine.

I've been getting back to conlanging, and I thought I might retry installing my IPA layout. But then I got an error message. So I fiddled around, reinstalled MKLC, tried again. To no avail. In fact, all my homemade layouts, even the one I already installed, gave the same nondescript error message. Rebuilding it from scratch does nothing either. Regardless which layout I pick, when I hit "Build DLL and Setup Package" I get this:

[cross] Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4: "There was a problem building the keyboard file. Would you like to see the warning / error information?" [Yes / No]
*Yes*
[info] Standard output information: "There are no warnings or errors." [OK]
*OK*
(Repeated four or five times, for good measure.)

Just to be clear, I don't think there is an actual error. I've installed similar layouts both on previous pc's and on my current laptop. It's not something in the log either; all these warnings are familiar and worked before.
Spoiler:
WARNING: The character ɑ (U+0251) exists in the entry for VK_A, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɐ (U+0250) exists in the entry for VK_A, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʙ (U+0299) exists in the entry for VK_B, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʝ (U+029d) exists in the entry for VK_C, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɖ (U+0256) exists in the entry for VK_D, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɟ (U+025f) exists in the entry for VK_D, ShiftState 'Shift+Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɛ (U+025b) exists in the entry for VK_E, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɸ (U+0278) exists in the entry for VK_F, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʔ (U+0294) exists in the entry for VK_G, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʰ (U+02b0) exists in the entry for VK_H, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɪ (U+026a) exists in the entry for VK_I, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʲ (U+02b2) exists in the entry for VK_J, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ‿ (U+203f) exists in the entry for VK_J, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ͡ (U+0361) exists in the entry for VK_K, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ͜ (U+035c) exists in the entry for VK_K, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʎ (U+028e) exists in the entry for VK_L, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ‖ (U+2016) exists in the entry for VK_L, ShiftState 'Shift+Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɱ (U+0271) exists in the entry for VK_M, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ŋ (U+014b) exists in the entry for VK_N, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɲ (U+0272) exists in the entry for VK_N, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɳ (U+0273) exists in the entry for VK_N, ShiftState 'Shift+Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɔ (U+0254) exists in the entry for VK_O, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ̆ (U+0306) exists in the entry for VK_O, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ˈ (U+02c8) exists in the entry for VK_P, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ˌ (U+02cc) exists in the entry for VK_P, ShiftState 'Shift+Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ə (U+0259) exists in the entry for VK_Q, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɾ (U+027e) exists in the entry for VK_R, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɹ (U+0279) exists in the entry for VK_R, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʀ (U+0280) exists in the entry for VK_R, ShiftState 'Shift+Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʃ (U+0283) exists in the entry for VK_S, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʂ (U+0282) exists in the entry for VK_S, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character θ (U+03b8) exists in the entry for VK_T, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʈ (U+0288) exists in the entry for VK_T, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʊ (U+028a) exists in the entry for VK_U, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character β (U+03b2) exists in the entry for VK_V, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʋ (U+028b) exists in the entry for VK_W, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʷ (U+02b7) exists in the entry for VK_W, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character χ (U+03c7) exists in the entry for VK_X, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ɣ (U+0263) exists in the entry for VK_X, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʁ (U+0281) exists in the entry for VK_X, ShiftState 'Shift+Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʏ (U+028f) exists in the entry for VK_Y, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʒ (U+0292) exists in the entry for VK_Z, ShiftState 'Shift' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ʐ (U+0290) exists in the entry for VK_Z, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ː (U+02d0) exists in the entry for VK_OEM_1, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: The character ˑ (U+02d1) exists in the entry for VK_OEM_1, ShiftState 'Shift+Ctl+Alt' of the layout table and is not in the default system code page (1252) of the Italian (Italy) language you specified. This may cause compatibility problems in non-Unicode applications.
WARNING: \ (U+005c) is already defined more than once on the keyboard (on VK_OEM_7, ShiftState 'Base' and VK_OEM_5, ShiftState 'Base').
WARNING: | (U+007c) is already defined more than once on the keyboard (on VK_OEM_7, ShiftState 'Shift' and VK_L, ShiftState 'Ctl+Alt').
WARNING: (U+001c) is already defined more than once on the keyboard (on VK_OEM_7, ShiftState 'Ctrl' and VK_OEM_5, ShiftState 'Ctrl').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'a' and 'ɑ' (VK_A, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'b' and 'ʙ' (VK_B, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'ç' and 'ʝ' (VK_C, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'd' and 'ð' (VK_D, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'e' and 'ɛ' (VK_E, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'f' and 'ɸ' (VK_F, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'g' and 'ʔ' (VK_G, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'h' and 'ʰ' (VK_H, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'i' and 'ɪ' (VK_I, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'j' and 'ʲ' (VK_J, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'k' and '͡' (VK_K, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'l' and 'ʎ' (VK_L, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'm' and 'ɱ' (VK_M, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'n' and 'ŋ' (VK_N, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'o' and 'ɔ' (VK_O, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'p' and 'ø' (VK_P, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'q' and 'ə' (VK_Q, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'r' and 'ɾ' (VK_R, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 's' and 'ʃ' (VK_S, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 't' and 'θ' (VK_T, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'u' and 'ʊ' (VK_U, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'v' and 'β' (VK_V, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'w' and 'ʋ' (VK_W, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'x' and 'χ' (VK_X, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'y' and 'ʏ' (VK_Y, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
WARNING: Caps Lock is set between 'z' and 'ʒ' (VK_Z, ShiftStates 'Base' and 'Shift').
Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone know how to solve it?
Alternatively, does anyone of you happen to have MKLC and be so kind as to build the files for me?
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating