How to type (and post here) text with a conscript?

If you're new to these arts, this is the place to ask "stupid" questions and get directions!
Evni Öpiu-sä
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

How to type (and post here) text with a conscript?

Post by Evni Öpiu-sä »

How could someone (preferably easily) type (and post this forum) text written with a conscript? The conscript I created today has 38 symbols so it wouldn't be very hard to type it with a normal keyboard.
:fin: - C2
:eng: - ranges from A2 to B2
:swe: - ranges from A1 to A2
lsd
greek
greek

Re: How to type (and post here) text with a conscript?

Post by lsd »

post here the url of an image previously hosted on the web...
to type on a keyboard in a word processor you can create a font...
Sequor
sinic
sinic

Post by Sequor »

Images are the way to go, no matter how you may make them.
hīc sunt linguificēs. hēr bēoþ tungemakeras.
Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

To clarify:

You can set up your computer so that when you type on your keyboard in Word or the like, it produces words in your conscript. I think you can set your browser up to show this too, although I've never done it.

However, everybody else doesn't know about your conscript, and nor do our browsers. So our browsers will not show your writing in your conscript to us, even if you set it up to show it that way to you.

I assume that, theoretically, it could be set up so that we saw your conscript when you typed in it. But I think that this would require that:
- you created a font in your conscript
- you got all of us to install your new font
- the board admin set up the forum so that your font displayed as the default.

This would mean that everything was in your conscript, though. To get all the non-you bits back in the Latin alphabet, I guess either you could set up the font a certain way (say, keep latin script for most letters but use your conscript to replace, say, arabic), or maybe the admin could set up the board so that your font only appeared as the default for the seriffed font that gets used in tables.

[wait, can we not do tables here anymore?]

Anyway, this would all be a massive rigmarole for you and us. It's vastly easier just to post a picture.