Generalized conlang dictionary program

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
faiuwle
rupestrian
rupestrian

Generalized conlang dictionary program

Post by faiuwle »

Hi all, I mostly post on the ZBB (or lurk, more recently). For the past few years I've been working on a program for keeping track of conlang dictionaries and phonologies (and eventually morphologies and grammars). I posted it over there originally, but I had to take a long break from updating it and there doesn't seem to be as much interest over there anymore, so I thought I'd come here to see if I could get some more people to try it out and let me know if it's useful. It's made in C++ with Qt4.8 and released under GPL, and the current version is 0.3 March 19 2014.

Download
Windows
Linux
Mac (This is an older version that I can't really support, as I don't have a mac. But if someone with a mac wants to download Qt4.8 and compile it for me, that'd be great.)
Source Code

Just unzip all the files into a directory.

If you're downloading 0.3 for the first time, you also need
Qt Libraries
for Windows - unzip into the directory where you put everything else
for Linux - If you have root privileges, unzip the files into /usr/lib and delete executablename.sh. If you don't, unzip them into the directory where the executable is, rename executablename.sh to ConlangDictionary.sh and run the shell script instead of the executable.

Changelog
Documentation in progress

Let me know how it works and if it's useful. Also, what kinds of features would you like to see on derivational/inflectional form generator?