Ka'athatena: my new conlang

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
CarsonDaConlanger
sinic
sinic

Ka'athatena: my new conlang

Post by CarsonDaConlanger »

Ka'athatena (lit. Speak beautifully) is fantasy conlang for a conworld I am working on. Here is what I have so far.
Phonology
Plosive-/p,b,t,d,k,g,q,ʔ/
Nasal-/m,n/
Fricative-/f,v,s,z,ʃ,ʒ,χ,h/
Approximant-/l,j/
Trill-/r/
Affricate-/t͡ʃ,d͡ʒ/
vowels
/a,a:,ɛ,ɔ,u:,i:/
Diphthongs
/ɛɪ,aɪ,ɔɪ/
Phonotactics
CV(C), a syllable initial consonant is required unless the previous one ended in a diphthong.
Here is some of the basic grammar I have so far:

Basics:
Alignment: Nominative/accusative
Primary word order: VSO, but can be changed up as nouns decline to case.
Morphological typology: Fusional
Head directionality: head final in all cases except for adpositions.
Verbs
Verbs conjugate to tense(past, present, future, infinitive), aspect(perfect and imperfect), and evidentiality(witness/nonwitness).
Verbs come in three types: strong, weak, and irregular. In all cases, an auxiliary(did) is required to show perfect.

Strong verbs do not inflect at all, and require an auxiliary to show evidentiality, tense, and aspect.

Weak verbs conjugate to infinitive(dictionary form), future and nonfuture, and require an auxiliary(was) to show past. They also conjugate to witness/nonwitness.

Irregular verbs are mostly the common verbs, used as auxiliaries. They conjugate to all four tenses, but not evidentiality. They require another auxiliary verb to show that.

Nouns
Nouns decline to case(nom, acc, gen, loc, ins), number(sg, pl), and definite/indefinite. Proper nouns and compound nouns don't decline. Instead, they have a determiner in front of them that shows all of the same things.

Adjectives/adverbs
Adjectives and adverbs are not really distinguished from each other. IE-ka'at(beautiful) can be used as both an adjective and an adverb. This goes for all of them(that make sense, ones that only logically apply to a verb or noun won't make sense on the other).
They decline to case and to whether they are on a verb or not.
To make an adjective the object of a verb, you put the accusative case determiner in front of it.

Pronouns
Personal pronouns decline to 4 cases: vocative(used as both nom and acc), gen, loc, and ins, as well as sg and pl. There are no gendered 3rd person pronouns.
I haven't figured out what to do with the other types of pronouns yet, and I am open to ideas;)

That's the overview, I will post more in depth info later. If you feel like it, feel free to take a peek at my Conworkshop page:https://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=SGJ
He/they bisexual weeb