CONLANG RELAY XI

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Re: CONLANG RELAY XI

Post by Creyeditor »

Torch received and done translating it to English. I guess I will work on the torch tonight.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

I’m starting to look forward to seeing the results! [:D]
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Sorry guys, the torch is way longer and syntactically more complicated than I thought. I will need a few more days.
Edit: I am half way through with translating into Kobardon now. This torch is going to be spicy [:D]
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
total pleb
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by total pleb »

My torch has been completed and sent on
:con: Balak [ CWS ]
:con: Formanian [ CWS ]
:eng: :mrgreen: | :deu: [:)]

Balâçik yuşadamşar!
Balakia is forever!
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I sent my torch to opipik.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Gon rain some knives.

On a more serious note I'll start decyphering pleb's torch and compiling results for Ring 1.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Has opipik confirmed receiving the torch?
opipik
mayan
mayan

Post by opipik »

Could I please be skipped? Thanks.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

opipik wrote: 26 Jan 2020 17:51 Could I please be skipped? Thanks.
Did you or Crey forward the torch to Loglorn then?
I'm sorry but I'm burning for the results!
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Iyionaku wrote: 28 Jan 2020 08:21
opipik wrote: 26 Jan 2020 17:51 Could I please be skipped? Thanks.
Did you or Crey forward the torch to Loglorn then?
I’m pretty sure loglorn is working on the last translation as we speak and the results are expected to be up soon.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

DesEsseintes wrote: 28 Jan 2020 10:22
Iyionaku wrote: 28 Jan 2020 08:21 Did you or Crey forward the torch to Loglorn then?
I’m pretty sure loglorn is working on the last translation as we speak and the results are expected to be up soon.
Indeed i am, and i'm almost done; i just need Creyeditor to get back on a word they forgot to add to the glossary and i should have the final english ready.

loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

BEHOLD!
For the results have Arrived!! After a busy Delayuary, we have finally managed to conclude the CBB Conlang Relay XI. The rings were very different but i hope everyone had fun. Enjoy the results.

Initial Text:

And though I could improve my knowledge of the local vernacular during my dutiful accounting in the evening, it did not feel as cozy and familiar as my mother tongue. My friend, who also lived with me, shared my sorrows.
He also seized the chance and made his licentiate together with me, under the supervision of the Arcane Council, the local guild and the man himself.
A trace of our home persisted, we found, wherever we would go.
His girlfriend enjoyed her lengthy vacation more than we did.
“Though we look like locals, I do not feel like one. We must get home”, he said. And he was right: My nightmares went away after I exchanged the garments and had practiced the things that made me smile, but a yearning for my place persisted.

Edit: I had forgotten to attribute (oof) but the original text is an excerpt of a short story by @Egerius, thanks for providing us with such an interesting text.

Ring 1 Final Text:

It is like my friend would say, but the abnormal spirits would become afraid because he would discuss them. He said: "My friend was dancing somewhere far, but he was annoyed. For me and him, they were spirit experts. We saw an evil spirit! After that we saw the parents with shining eyes." Then we were thinking that it is the great long journey. We want to love again at some distant time, but now i tell the story he knew. I was very truly tired out. After that i was carrying my own liver at the time. My ancestor did me. Luckily, i didn't find this formerly happy dream. But i want to keep having the truth correct in itself.

Ring 2 Final Text:

I was able to speak the local languages fluently so that the evening can be organized, but i will be happy when i don't speak the language and it has been said. My current neighbor knows me already, but i still worried. We satisfied my happiness, we studied the university reports, we saw the man from the village council and the local guild. I already studied to deal with a destroyed house around all places. I have said: "I see a man here, but i don't think that he deals with the local place. You can receive if needed." He says it's true: "I already dealt with modern clothing. I have made you happy. My family misses me, but i made the nightmares disappear."

The individual torches are below:

Ring 1:

loglorn: Yashuhay → English
Spoiler:

Hengéha hatánawwookya uukyata esháa yahéya nganénuu u'entáta yapeyúumi eengyó, keshapáthuyahaapya keshamé'oopya shasháata. Sha'ata, yaha'é'ooniim ngáng ngeko, hengétammakayniim auumáwta.
Haháypangoopya yáa hengónge ngahúupya aameethómi ngáng ngeko, shahámoopya yapáyahaaha yahothúngka, yayúmashi yahéya, hengónge yahángek yangée.
Áwnamoopya apá yayhá yangí kangkang yangihéngopya, hahúniim.
Shayá hahépoopya u'ena yaatá ngawóoh hahépoopya.
Hapóopya: "Hengéha matókayooh shahathúheyap, akyámpepookayooh yáya yapá. hangkámooy shamaá". Kohákupya: Ha'áthumoopya akeshínge hengónge ngasháhoopya áwh yahangnáanaw hengónge shaauushónahata kohákethyokaypya, hengóota uhá'i kohéyata kwúnoopya.

And though I could improve my knowledge of the local vernacular during my dutiful accounting in the evening, it did not feel as cozy and familiar as my mother tongue. My friend, who also lived with me, shared my sorrows.
He also seized the chance and made his licentiate together with me, under the supervision of the Arcane Council, the local guild and the man himself.
“Though we look like locals, I do not feel like one. We must get home”, he said. And he was right: My nightmares went away after I exchanged the garments and had practiced the things that made me smile, but a yearning for my place persisted.
Reyzadren: Yashuhay → Griuskant
Spoiler:
zhoi aesk kan zota aeskae ijroiljethshiron vozh nilithentae aeskae fegskoenon, es shur siwifiat shurshilvia aeskae ziagonkigend. vaezh aeskae stens oezia aesk talz uvzaeia ounda vaezh aesk, aesk talz aendaiga aeskae pet.
aesk huria zhaeae stevaejuisk uns aesk uvzaei oezia haema noek uns aesk jiska naleshodplud un zhegziagi zaerk un zhasi zhae er.
raes jiska fush vuzh aeskae pludae kiroe uns aesk talz haema.
vaezh stevaejuisk, aesk huria daeki lejs un ilzis huria.
aesk kiga ; zhoi aeskes xaeita vaezh zhegziage, aesk haema iki mulksae raes. aesk kin cauva vaezh zhalp. raes gloda silshaei ; aesk ovyaufan vuzh diougxaeib. aesk glezan vaezh aesk reba un detxosh uzbain aesk, ut zhegziagi oth uayande brithan.

Although I can improve my knowledge of the native language during my accounting of the obligation of this evening, one was not being comfortable being not familiar with my vernacular. With my friend with me having inhabitated with me also, I have shared my sadness before.
I indulged the girlfriend, I felt the undergraduate degree together also, I watched the shaman council, the local guild, and particularly that man.
He spoke of chance wherever my group went, I have felt this before.
With the girlfriend, I enjoyed a big vacation, I over enjoyed.
I said: Although we exceeded with the locals, I felt like those of crumbs. I will reach with thirst.
It seemed correct: I was exchanged at the fancy clothes, I was practised with me making it happy, with regards to me with my nightmares going away though yearning of locally remaining.
spanick: Griuskant → Weddish
Spoiler:

Deych ik kan my móderspeak wêl, wenn my dey began, my uutsychten wears unbekviem ann unwunly mid my stouspeaker.
Wyl my vróenn blyv mid mie, ik úmver; ik am sorouvuu. Ik mêk gêm mid my meyden, ak eac studie wie baad psiechologie ann wie ga tó aan schamanegruup ann stougild ann det scheap. Hit só aan meulihóed by my gruup destinasien ann ik viel. Mid my meyden mêk ik gêm mid verrenn awidder. Ik speak; deych wie misse haam. Ik viel mie lyk brokken scheard. Ik wil mid durst reatsche. Mie dúnks rycht; ik wórt schik. Ik onginn mid gló wêsenn ann minimiere my nychtmyre, ak jet am ik haamsiek.

Although I can speak my native language well, when day began my prospects were comfortable or normal my local speaker. While my friend stays with me, I’m going about, I’m sad. I’m having fun with my girlfriend but we also both study psychology and we go to a shaman meeting and local guild and that creature. It sees a chance at my group destination and I feel. With my girlfriend, I’m having fun traveling everywhere. I talk; although we miss home, I feel like potsherds. I will reach with thirst. It seems correct; I become stylish. I try to be happy and minimize my nightmares, but I’m still homesick.
Iyionaku: Weddish → Yélian
Spoiler:

Cùs tyafaipalai reo palitínalán, der yipéredai æn’ilvat reo ʻilvion fecun reo palorstatas cemayzúnècegarbut. Fum reo ʻifran yaistet fecun rat, yilorenai at paniys pès maniys; re vutret, re merubai. Bai æ’tànsa fecun reo gima, cut renó, ta è re, vinuest æ’zagatoyo èpa curest pès yantad o’yamán, pès tuivedstatas è vat tsapis. Letarai pi yivalet piyrasé cu eze reo o’yantad. Fecun reo gima, yitànseyai nat yilorenest pès abolnúm. Re bicai natú durest renim pilat. Iapetai cet sanyicacan. Ivæzai fecun cefúi. Can rat, vat quadalévælet; yinasbocai. Yiværyelvénasbai èpa værpròstniypciyái reo parugaron, cut carat bai æ’ceniné.

Although I can speak my native language well, when my day started, my outlooks with my local speaker were uneasy and unusual. While my friend stayed with me, I went about; I am sad. I make fun with my girlfriend, but we both study psychology and we go to a shaman group, a local guild and that creature. It saw an opportunity at my group destination, I feel. With my girlfriend, I made fun with travelling everywhere. I speak; although we miss home. I feel like a broken shard. I want to reach with thirst. It looks correct to me; I become chic. I try, I have been with joy and minimize my nightmare, but now I am homesick.
DesEsseintes: Yélian → Sōkoan
Spoiler:

Jjagao bwiigi juruyĕndao kooġoo ffŭnŭyangirergwe, tarĭno tta wŭndŏnŭwe, weren juruffŭnŭsŏbegi giimatoni kaa yatossĭbĭrĭnu sŏmŏrŭnu ppiiwasĭn. Weren nyĕĕkawa yŏŏnze yĕĕbŭttoo kwii, kwerigga gikittariringayoo. Agwa kaa narswissin. Yŭġŭnbe ænzĭrĭnginaa, ararji kaa, wajie agwa ya yŭġŭn, bwiintattargio nottorungi ggyŏsŏsunani ooche ya jurudewe ya ĕĕn fĕyŭro’o jjiwe gewessiringin. Yŭġŭnwa weren oocheni taggio jjinooga chige ssewereo jjininnoo ndan kirittwarĭn. Yŭġŭnbe kaa, neemata gikittarittoo kwii, hĕĕjo ænzĭroo. Ararji bwiigi desshiwa nŭkissirergwe, biin niinio ssĭdarĭn. Hĕĕjo tachissiri suutarĭn. Tererjo kaa witiija teringin. Agwatewe biirŏgŏwa kattarigi hone jaan. Swissirija honeo teringayoo, ŏsŏ weren bŭŭchiwerao ttaġaccuruja hĕĕwoneo teringayoonaa, anu kaa terewa ggirussun.

Even though I speak my mother tongue well, when I start the day my prospects with my indigenous speaker are uncomfortable and abnormal. While my friend stayed with me, I travelled all the time; I am sad. I have fun with my girlfriend, but we, she and I, study psychology and go to see the group of shamans, the local guild, and that monster. I believe that she saw an opportunity in the goal of my group. With my girlfriend, I had a great time when we traveled everywhere. I say this even if we miss our home. I feel worn out. I crave getting there. For me, this seems right. I’m becoming fashionable. I tried to be happy and I tried my utmost to suppress my nightmares, but now I am homesick.
DzêtaRedfang: Sōkoan → Atruozan
Spoiler:

.pnevþe, wo imruspöx nhesŕäärlbëj kwärk nhesŕääl do, fäþui tä roifmötu ŕeondörgbödoiñögagõ wo oizõböj nhesŕäivpëx nhesŕäärlbëj yo fhokoböjbõ gøvloigac eu hirŕa. wo orcoipöx’ butõtö’ bo’ peƀaixirãirlñëbäbø̃. wä zëyüolmuä. wä öxü wo orcoiivpüx fëwääryẽ höfmeupowagyö ü të hõboukotö pyaisopotöpõ öxü tä oizõdöda ezërldëdädø̃ serẽdëdäbëjdø̃ öxü øþmatotö rëpnätøtëtø̃ ƀäñmøkë wä’ yã yutõtö aiyer ƀo akeñärlgëdägø̃, fãþui bä buabuao. wä iaþë ro yö pyaisokwöpöxpõ otsirsgyëbëjdø̃ yã of gruyërëlđgyëgø̃ übõëkeërlgyëbø̃ yã õñãi bö ƀö öyavikäirlñëgägyëbëjgø̃. ta otsirsdëdä’ đuko’ wä bøläs ƀaixir dä þüƀä bobobuabuaorkorldörg. ye’ plixärx do wo imrusböj, fäþui øþma jëcäärk øþmagyö jëcäälkärlgyëgø̃ do. wä dozuhokoim. wä bøplixä wo otsirsñëdägyëgø̃. wä iaþë ø̃fgyë ãŕofgyögõ yã tä wõëltkwëpø̃ ãŕofölđgyöböjgõ. i đibwäbli wo mãijekwëpø̃ yo föckuërlmøkë ya yüolmuäbli, wo i tøsŕäëvër, fäþui wä plixä wo imrusgyöbõ yølgñëgä.

My tribe’s language can be spoken well, but early in the morning, my village’s orator’s ability to speak is unusually bad. My friends were together when they were constantly travelling. I am unhappy. My girlfriend and I are studying psychology and are going together to see the shaman’s group, the village guild, and that (DIST) hateful soul, but she’s having fun. I believe that she considered my group’s goal an opportunity after having seen it. I travelled everywhere with her while having an extreme amount of fun. My home will be missed by us, but this says what had been said. I feel extremely tired. I really want to reach my destination. I believe this path is the right path. I was pretending to suppress my nightmares and to be happy, but now I miss my home.
Jackk: Atruozan → Boral
Spoiler:

Se poð fort parolar ny lengaç de mell’oc gent; portant, a mesur d'eç hour passant, l'oration dað par y locutour es cos stragn abject. Mell'amig fruin atorn, pu jo no so allagr. Mey e mell'amig studin dæmon, e nos trovaum un gast ojous noscon mostrað soulor ag ci thaumatorg eð ag concegl local, un cos broucabr. Jo crey l'eç autr con mey ern en pesant lontemp pos jo foy fis a l'examinar.

Nos voum magn gauïr ne l'eç escapat faint accougl. Nos mancareu ig cas nous, pu nos voum stoir racontar por memorar. Vray, j'ay magn me stordið ; jo desir ig mell'audaç revin. Lonc mey l'oc camin es y camin de my prealdr : me fal my sogn malvaç carr por hugt cavir. L'ig a bel star vray, afont mey es luy desirant remanir cas mey.

The language of my people can be spoken well, but as the sun crosses the sky, the speech that the orator is giving is strangely terrible. My friends are dancing around, but I am not happy. My friends and I study demons, and we found a hateful spirit that we showed to the wizards and to the village council, which was fun. I think the rest of my group were thinking about it long after I had finished looking at it.

We will have lots of fun going together on these adventures. We will miss our home, but we will tell stories about it, to remember. In truth I am very tired; I want my purpose back. I believe that this path is the path of my ancestors – I must search for my nightmare in order to be happy. This is true, and even so part of me wants to stay at home.
brblues: Boral → Proto-Bokisig
Spoiler:

Ki muhe sukomhɛ sasa pimasaʔe, dahɛkanɛʔe, lusomnɛʔe pisaki sama pisa neduhɛnɛ behe. Muhɛ nuzsig gabo sumɛ milmakanɛʔe, mu helbuhɛ. Mu muhe nuzsignɛ sɛhiztun tagosom. Sig xithɛ sɛhiz bosomkusmɛ, sehusigo ʔalsot ʔodasomhusigonɛ ɣiɣmamɛ; hihin ʔiʔaguhɛmɛ! Mu ʔe ɣiɣhekusmɛʔeʔe, mu puhe sakisignɛ ʔe dohɛ lumɛ henomasa, mu henosom. Sa kikihɛ lolo hihin ʔiʔaguhɛmɛ. Sigo tag bolumɛ inudhɛʔagubo, sakisig kalu tagohɛ satus pimasa, damɛhɛ. Sɛ saxɛmhe : mu hihin kenohɛ. Mu gamɛʔu nuhesa samu. Sa bɛl dokisighɛ bɛl kunsaʔe, mu henosom. Mu zizlishɛhɛ, muhɛ behe keno bosomsa samu. Musud hɛ dahɛkanɛʔe, ʔe mu mɛhɛnɛ, sumaku ʔe nolishɛ.

It is possible that he speaks my people’s language well; but as the hours pass, the speech given by the orator is awful and strange. My friends are dancing around but I’m not happy. Me and my friends study ghosts, and we had discovered a hateful spirit, which we then showed to the magicians and the local council – a very enjoyable affair. I think the others as well as me thought about it for a long time after I finished examining it.
We had a lot of fun in this adventure, which we had experienced together. We were going to miss something, but we would (be able to) tell a memorable story. Indeed, I have become very tired; I want my courage to return. I think that this way is the way of my forefathers: I need to search for my bad dream in order to become happy. No matter how true this is, it is inside me and wants to stay with me.
shimobaatar: Proto-Bokisig → Y²KS
Spoiler:

Din ḥun sayyas yijmajulun sīrwēn sīrwamin lib-dayyasulind, mān sīrfanin wē sīrdantaman ḥun sīrumin kējin tē firčiyassantin fiš-mardantind šēdind. Sayyas yubijwēnd fiš-waˤijidis yēkīs cīm-cīmujarrū, mān sē rāfisulaman ˤāḥiswēn yaruḥičmin. Sayyas yubijuland tē sē rulnikījyand dandukīryun. Šu-buludadantaman rulnikījaman miccanēwulun, ya ḥun šu-ḫāsējamyand tē nīlāman lūḥējmajulun wilyasušakīrmin; šuḫa lib-yānḫēr-yānḫērsulaman yēwuša! Šu-sayyas ḥunyas šiḥinnēwulun, sē din yitsadijamyand tē sē ḥun fiš-yintāman šēdaman dinidyuywašakīrmin diniddōḥičmin. Šuḫayyin jēlḫērīn ḥōyifanīn lib-yānḫēr-yānḫērsulaman yēwuša. Ya din fis-suwidantind šēdind kēšukīrmi, mān din ya kurkawīn wē yijamyand ḥun fiš-kādind šēdind sāḫujarrūmin kurkawwakīrmin lib-dayyasulind lōy-ya. Šuḫa sājarsulaman ˤāḥiswēn jinaywamin: sē dārum-dārumḫufsulīn yaruḥičmin. Din sē adī fiš-yitsadind šēdind bōtwaḥičmi lib-wuffusulind lōs-sē. Sē din šuḫayyin kiwajirīn lib-yēs rajijuland kiwajirulun yēywa diniddōḥičmin. Lōr-rāfisulaman yarnēwulun, din sē sayyas təbildaywēn dārumwilfanwēn miccaywaḥičmin lib-wuffusulind lōs-sē. Šuḫa lif-sājarsulind yēywa, mān ḥun fis-sē yēwu tē ḥun surinēyyin kāsumin.

It's possible that they speak my nation's language, but as time passes, the sermon that the orator is giving is becoming strange and frightening. My friends dance back and forth in place, but I'm unhappy. My friends and I study ghosts. After finding the hateful ghost, we showed the priests and the town council; it was very fun! I think that, after I examined it, other people and I thought about it for a long time. That group adventure was very fun. We will miss something in the future, but we will be able to tell the story that people will always remember. It's not untrue: I'm very tired. I need to be brave again. I think that that way is the way of our forefathers. In order to be happy, I need to find my nightmare. While this may be true, it is inside of me, and it wants to stay.
alynnidalar: Y²KS → Tirina
Spoiler:

Ros orn dalar analenahilin sipran ni luwodarn nue, iser sa'ar kirapa alenahidarn orn analenahi alenahida on usuren anko'ol ko ka'esol:

"Anaperas epaltali sewida nihu wol nodir pinelos, iser analisi orasnelha. Sewida nihu ko ahu asodhamir onid dini. Rae napenlodamir dini mıwanelir, rae nawuyındamir huima nuoda ni akoima, aldo likimuranol. Rae anemuinda sanlo, anohalın lid dalar tonpir ko ahu napawındamir sa'ar kirapamuran. Aldo prenlos istenes likiato'ol. Ilen nadekelemir, iser soa nawuyın ta muta orn towupa'kelenmir dalar on. Aldo sader: analisi wunokekimuranir. Kirapa rae soa, nadele ranto hurn ahu. Anohalın lid: aldo dil ni kesyed huina.

Arai, enpenlo isipenodarn sularnol nihu prokiol rola ahu. On sader, iser on tewa ahu, luan utifıd on orn enıradin."

It's possible this person is speaking my people's language, but as time goes, on the speech that the speaker is speaking is becoming strange and scary:

"My friend is dancing pointlessly, but I'm feeling unhappy. My friend and I are experts with spirits. After we found the angry spirit, after we showed the city council, this was very enjoyable. After I inspected it, I believe the other person and I pondered for a long time. This trip together is very enjoyable. In the future, we will miss it, but now we might tell the story that the people remember. It's true: I feel very fatigued. Next time, I'll carry a liver with me. I believe this was our ancestors' method.

Happily, it is necessary for me to find my unpleasant dream. It is the truth, but it is in me, and it wants to stay."
Trailsend: Tirina → Hiding Waters
Spoiler:

Lhïx liṇilhstẹ sėng whï leị̀sïwhlsirstẹ, ïk nà ṇgixọ́qȯssxossìx ṇgissxọkx lilsissxọstẹ. Tsȯ lilsiksxọstẹ:

"Ṭȧnuruxrokxtị eḷulhrụjuṇ u̇ng hï surulhsọ́t dị́lulhkxọ'ịlhotkwh, u̇k nà ịxuxrụng.

"Xu̇ jurulhjtụ'iziṇeị́kwh, sulhjụ nà sulhrụ. Uá izuxàrïnglhsxịṇeị́ hịnuksxịjtukwh, whí nulhdlịṇoì hịnujtuksxịgidlkwh, nà xu̇ sụ̀tlhṇgukkosụxṇà.

"Hà rusu̇whxjụkwh hė: tsȯ xinguxọ́qȯngạxsjtụhnowhkwh, nà xọ́qunu̇whtjtuxngạx xu̇ su'u̇ṇàjtux. U̇k dị́lulhjtụ'isotlhzẹ̀sụ́, u̇k ṭujurtlh ghȯ sulụ̀xujursxọstẹ hulhsxọnguṇstẹ hė.

"Rȯ xu̇ snuxjụwhọ̀ṇ. Nà sujuxdị́lokwhtlh hė, qụḷulhjọṇgịn hujuxjọjukoụ̀n.

"Rusu̇whxjụkwh hė: nu̇ susu̇whṇilh dị́lulhṇịṇoị̀. Gï whȯ qạngukxȯzẹ̀lhsxọjuwhìng u̇ng heụ̀junksxọs. Rȯ u̇k ṭulhsxọsx u̇k xulhsxọjul hà kuólhsxọxullẹ."

Maybe she spoke the same language as my people, but over a fair amount of time her speech was getting strange and frightening. She said:

"My friend is dancing without purpose in a far-away, isolated place, but she is irritated.

"We are very experienced with spirits, she and I. We found an angry spirit and brought it to the attention of the clan mothers, and afterward things were pleasant.

"This is what I believe: she and I thought about it for a long time, and this journey we are on together is very good. Although we will long for it in the future, for now I will tell a story my people already know.

"I am very tired. A long time from now, I will carry my liver with me.

"This is what I believe: our ancestors did things in this manner. How fortunate that I must find this unpleasant dream of mine. Indeed, although it is true, it is within me, and there it wishes to remain."
total pleb: Hiding Waters → Balak
Spoiler:

Şâmekşar bez zêze bezar şemâneğar, mon veşimê yîceyiş besdâkeyek zêşes zuşcak bez cemâ şemânar. Neyyimir: “Zêze yimê geyek etgey kaskasşamar, mon
sezçerşimir. Arnâ er zanâ şa yîcey bêşeşriş şâcak. Bâ yîcey şoşnâmas! Bescvaşom honê şîzviyî ğec pâşermâşem şonâmas.” Besnad kênoşâmas bez qazta çenê er bê kam şâşar. Yimê nanok seveş beşin dac yiyiğasmas, mon bevnad arnâ şim abhâdoreğê neyşeş neyet. Mejer qazta eşeşçeryimet. Bescvaşom nanok â jerînze vodoşşamet. Çişîze zayen dacoşnamar. Heb bev hebşimê şimumun isve dacânamet. Mon mejer â şa mejerkeşin şet bêş yinet.

Perhaps my friend spoke in such a way, but the strange spirits are getting afraid that she is talking to them. She said: “My friend was dancing somewhere in a far off place, but he was frustrated. He and I are experts on spirits. Surprisingly we saw an angry spirit! We saw the clan elders in awe after that.” I believe we thought back then, that it was a very good long journey. In the future we long to do that again, but now I’ll tell a story she probably knows about. Truly I was very tired. A while after that I was carrying my liver. I believed that my ancestor did it to me. Luckily I didn’t find this unpleasant dream. But really I want to continue to keep the truth to myself.
Ring 2:

loglorn: Yashuhay → English
Spoiler:

Hengéha hatánawwookya uukyata esháa yahéya nganénuu u'entáta yapeyúumi eengyó, keshapáthuyahaapya keshamé'oopya shasháata. Sha'ata, yaha'é'ooniim ngáng ngeko, hengétammakayniim auumáwta.
Haháypangoopya yáa hengónge ngahúupya aameethómi ngáng ngeko, shahámoopya yapáyahaaha yahothúngka, yayúmashi yahéya, hengónge yahángek yangée.
Áwnamoopya apá yayhá yangí kangkang yangihéngopya, hahúniim.
Shayá hahépoopya u'ena yaatá ngawóoh hahépoopya.
Hapóopya: "Hengéha matókayooh shahathúheyap, akyámpepookayooh yáya yapá. hangkámooy shamaá". Kohákupya: Ha'áthumoopya akeshínge hengónge ngasháhoopya áwh yahangnáanaw hengónge shaauushónahata kohákethyokaypya, hengóota uhá'i kohéyata kwúnoopya.

ixals: Yashuhay → Zhér·dûn
Spoiler:

Ó·dhó thá phî à mé à thán cà·lí tûn kùn sé pá·má in·jè à thán kìr·lí phà bú·bhír·nín·jî à mé, khá é sèr né bhír mī thán mū·tûn à mé phèr·en né kòn. Thá en jè mī mé bó khá bhēr à mé khá dér un·phìn·phè thán zèr·zhē à mé. Bhè khá sèr un thán shār mā·lí·zhē ó khá bhán thán ghō·zhúr·grá mī mé ó·sá thēr thán thán dhà à dhén shá·mán, thán kír á thán cà·phór ó thán gàr sèr ká·zhō. Phàr khír·án·cà khá bhè gán, thá khá jē dhó gròn á thán ghō, khá é phīn. Mī thán ín·bhēr à thán khá é mér nó en gró phà ghì àn thá khá thá nó. É khá zâ: "Ó·dhó bhè khá zhō thán cà·phór, khá é sèr né bhír sàn é ir en à dhén." É shúr nō thá ná. Thá phà dhê: É khá bhì dhén trè·shí phà câ·jhè ó khá í dhén mé chā má thín ó dhó már·drón à mé khá gán, án·dhó thá thán cà·phór·mán à mé ká·mī à mé khá jē.

Although my knowledge of the local language can be improved during my accounting duty in the evening, I didn’t feel comfortable nor familiar with my native language. My friend, with whom I once lived together, involuntarily shared my sadness. We indulged in this opportunity and received the licentiate degree with me as well by watching the shamans’ council, the locals’ guild and the man himself. He remained the crumbs of the house wherever we went, I felt. With his girlfriend I enjoyed a big vacation more than he enjoyed it. I said: "Although we were looking at the locals, I didn’t feel like one of them, I’ll have to achieve that." It was right: I exchanged the fancy clothes and practised the things making me happy and my nightmares have gone away, but my yearning to my local remained.
davush: Zhér·dûn → Uuxh
Spoiler:

Baalq ïmed ëshka mçoi-y-juugdsa shëx ħaajö mqäzħai sngo çy'ïsduudank shqaloomo qee, yxö·mraba qhang mçoi-y-mshob shëx sa ħiiqimedabs ütagerħmo. Peng ilħusqhai shëx rmö lħukës qhaxaa xnithmo jeshe, ħaajö lħukäb qhang üdhei shëx ħiiburguimo. Be·ħiuu qhang rsoipo jeshe be·qbas qhang os-y-ïdaxhkang shëb jeshesa xö·ndozħo qhang qdi Aklokang-y-Skobk'aaza tii Alħulxhö-y-Juugkyk’aaza. Neng·kang rmadsa be·gëd qha jeshe, je·le qhang ülokog ëshka soobdsa jeshe, xe·zħud qha. My'ilħusdiqgö, xaa jaathkaa ħaaxö·lħu'uul qha shëmrë-y-çoo. Xe·qid qharmaa: ‘Baalq bö·ndozħo qhang juugky qee, yxö·gana qharmaa xö·qha xhbaa jraa’ui. Xe·ai miirmaa je·qbas qhang. Je·xhge qharmaa: ‘Xe·lħusba qha arwa-y-mëj jeshe xe·aa qha shi rmö mä’ïlee ngoxaa jeshe, çy'ngabs-y-nuuçage gëd qha jeshe, baalq çy'ïmrab ëshka juugkydsa ħaanö leba qha qee.

Although my knowledge of the local language can be improved during my evening bookkeeping, I did not miss my comfortably unfamiliar mother tongue. A friend of mine who lived with me for a time shared my happiness unwillingly. We indulged ourselves of this chance and received our university degrees, with me also observing the man himself through the shamans’ council and the locals’ guild. Wherever we went, he kept the leftovers of the house, I discovered. With his partner, I enjoyed a long holiday more than he did. I said: “Although we watched the locals, I didn’t feel as if I was one of them.” I will need him to get it. He was right: I exchanged chic clothing and I practiced things which made me happy and my nightmares left, although my longing for my local remained.
Dormouse559: Uuxh → Silvish
Spoiler:

Bin que ma conyessànche d' la lìnje locâla pussa-t èttre addoubâva touddjour que jo fejoû mou ccònto lo vèppro, come lly etteus, mon lìnje natîva inconyessûva me mancoû pa. Ly u de mi ccompanwî qui vecqui avec moû touddjour d' in tin cour convezi a ccontracqueû mo mmaleû. Nou pprofityan de chett' opportuntâ i nno-z ottin-ìmmou nottrou ddiplômo universetêro ; e ddj' osservoû lu-z ômi par mouyê dî Consî di ttchamâ e dd' la Guìlda dî mòndo locâlo. J' apprî que dyou que no-z allyan, î jardoû lou rrêsto d' in-a mezoû. Avec su jalan, jo profitoû de vacànchi lònji plu cqu' lû. Jo dî : « Bin que no-z osservyan lo mòndo locâlo, j' avoû pa l' impressoû d' èttre di lleû. J' avrê bezwî qu' î l' ottînye. » Ly avoû rezoû : « J' ehhanjû d' abbi a lla môda e ddjo fî de hôza qui m' rindîrou ereu ; i mmo mmâjin sònjo partîrou, bin qu' lo mòndo locâlo me mànque touddjour. »

Although my knowledge of the local language could be improved as I did my bookkeeping in the evening, fittingly, I did not miss my unknown native language. One of my companions who lived with me for a short time unwillingly shared my woes. We made the most of this opportunity and obtained our university diplomas; and I was observing the men by means of the Shaman Council and the Local People's Guild. I found out that, wherever we went, he kept the remains of a house. With his significant other, I enjoyed a long vacation more than he did. I said: "Although we were observing the local people, I didn't feel like I was one of them. I will need him to obtain it." He was right: "I exchanged fashionable clothing and did things that made me happy; and my nightmares went away, although I continued to miss the local people."
jute: Silvish → Jutean
Spoiler:
Heijea hokonof ukeo eehi a tahiviohi a naviade a me ta ma hehe noke, li hokonohi a jufinohi a toonide, dololol ta tahiviti a jutede a me ta ma kie dote. Muldo todehentemo a nunohi ude me ta ma doti doonifide lomohe he ta, nesano sehukatiti a me ta ma udehu. Saihoko fanal hokoniti a ji u noitosanomo nuhe tesohovide a tonesanin, u hujooto ta sainiti na hetonide a sanuhotimo u niokkin a saini a navi. Fuumo ta vattohi a ikade a mihononede na me la ma efina. Saihoko ta donamihonatiti a haad haade ilehe me la ma doone todehento nodesaina he ta. Memo ta: “Heijea hujooto fa sainiti a navi, domo al ta ehe navia. Teot tekovo ta he na me ehi ma.” Memo la ji, no a tavani: “Hokehuto
ta desofenati a hohit lomohe u amo vati a noitohi a anindohi, u iledo netuuni a oone, heijea dololot saini a navi he ta.”

Although my knowledge of the local language could still be improved, that I could do my accounting the evening, fittingly, my unknown native language was not missed by me. Him, the one of my companions who still had lived with me a short time, I have shared unwillingly my woes (with). We enjoyed this opportunity and we got our university diplomas ; and I observed the man by means of council of shaman and the guild of the local people. I learned that wherever that we go, he kept the remains of a house. With his partner, I enjoyed long vacations more than him. I said: “Although we observed the local people, I did not have the impression of being one of them. I will need him to get it.” He was right: “I have exchanged fashionable clothes and I have done the things which caused me to be happy ; and my nightmares have gone away, although the local people still miss me.”
Click: Jutean → Modern Umbrian
Spoiler:

Asàngo jo zifo decín cubbrio nesto re fangue locàle, perpí ra sira se hagnàvi zit organiççàt, no herràifo decín este fangue puç hagnàvo deist.
Er mio vicàino attuàl mi cognoscífe ja cobbe, ma me sendàife nesto tremèist. Nufe pinafàne nostre sçanse & studiàfame per rou nostrou rappòrtou da’r universitàt, & anzeriàfo ro vairo da’r cogno & ra gilda locàl. Ho studiàt pomo r’afróndast tettou atteràtou echien.
Me pinàne re mér firie més’ da te pan ra mia spòxa si con mico.
Ho dait: “Asàngo visgíme ono vairo ambui, no sendio pi er si da vi. Deisnàvo pi tai ro congia.” Ha dait pi ro fua viro: “Ho ja scambiàt vestítou modèrnou & fét pi me agest allègro, & re mare sen dète, asàngo ra mia fammeja mi mangafàne.”

Even though I could still speak the local language better, so that the evening could be organized, I didn't want to speak that language like I should.
My current roommate already knew me well, but I felt worried still.
We liked our odds and studied for our college reports, and I observed people in the shaman council and the local guild.
I studied how they faced the houses being ruined everywhere.

I like big vacations more than you do when my spouse is together with me.

I said: “Even though we see a person nearby, I don't feel they are from here. I might need to have you get them.”
They said that it was true: “I already traded modern clothes and did what made me happy, and the nightmares went away, even though my family missed me.”
J Reggie: Modern Umbrian → Choroze

TBD

Creyeditor: Choroze → Kobardon
Spoiler:

Abrengo ut abaturdo fékur bardus iépat, ut keton debrengaba debibaba, ob ob adof bronat o abardo bardan sirat, ob dekébaba trúfat. Póian koteton debudakor trúfat, ob ob akós kurdat iépat. Biréso kodofon iépam. Bimímo komímus et brófon iépam. Bisidarbo rózon in gomon et kronon ob fékan tírnon iépam. Amímo trúfat ut defrego kémas zirnos et kénkas fékos. Akébo trúfat: "Asirbo róza fékat, ob ob avímpo sirat ut defrúdo fékan fékon. Rebrengo ut resedo o depibo." Dekébo ut demidai:"Afrego póias gegos trúfat. Apúuo ut redofor trúfat. Kosenson demepor, ob ob apúuo ut fávus sezon iépat."

I could speak better still the local languages, in order for the evening to be able to have been organized, but I did not want to speak the language like it has been said. My current neighbour already knew me well, but I still felt worried. We satisfied our chance. We studied our university reports. We observed the man from the village council and the local guild. I have studied how he deals with destroyed housed everywhere. I loved the big vacations most, when my wife was next to me. I have said:"I see a man here, but I don't think he is from here. You would get it, if I needed it. " He said that it was true. "I have dealt with modern clothing. I made you make me happy. My family missed me, but I made the nightmares dissappear. "
Last edited by loglorn on 29 Jan 2020 01:50, edited 1 time in total.

Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

Wooo! Hope everyone had fun [:D] I will react properly tomorrow when i have free time but things at least seem to be

interesting.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

loglorn wrote: 28 Jan 2020 21:20 BEHOLD!
For the results have Arrived!!
Edit: I had forgotten to attribute (oof) but the original text is an excerpt of a short story by Egerius, thanks for providing us with such an interesting text.
It's been an honour to supply a relay text.
This was just a short glimpse into the life of a student in my fantasy-conworld Úrageard, but I have much more to offer.
If you want, I will post a recording of the whole, original story.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
alynnidalar
greek
greek

Post by alynnidalar »

Ring 1 went wild. Props to my extremely literal translation of the metaphor for bravery!!

Really interesting how the girlfriend disappeared in both cases... becoming the girlfriend of the speaker in Ring 1, then turning into a mere friend, then disappearing entirely from the original position. And in Ring 2, turning into a spouse and then a family.

And I don't think anyone knew what to do with the clothes once they started slipping, lol.
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

alynnidalar wrote: 28 Jan 2020 22:30Really interesting how the girlfriend disappeared in both cases... […] And in Ring 2, turning into a spouse and then a family.
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage [:P]

Look how "local guild" came full circle in Ring 2. It had become "local people's guild" by my translation, but it reverts to "local guild" not long after.
J Reggie
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by J Reggie »

Well now I feel really dumb. I must have been rushing to get the torch sent and ended up uploading the one that was sent to me instead of my own. So all that translating was for nothing. Well at least it was a fun time. I can post the unused torch if anyone's interested in seeing it but I'm pretty bummed about that mistake.
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

Reading the translations, I realise that I completely forgot a whole sentence! I don’t know how but I simply didn’t translate “I’m becoming fashionable” into Sōkoan. So you can thank me for that. [:'(] [xD]
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

DesEsseintes wrote: 29 Jan 2020 05:48 Reading the translations, I realise that I completely forgot a whole sentence! I don’t know how but I simply didn’t translate “I’m becoming fashionable” into Sōkoan. So you can thank me for that. [:'(] [xD]
On the other hand, you were able to change the completely meaningless "I want to reach with thirst" that we had since the very start of the relay (I still don't understand how that happened) into something that actually made sense!

By the way, what kind of evil sorcery happened to "the man himself" in ring 1? The highest man, revered by everyone, changed into "that man", then he became a creature, a monster, a hateful soul, and in the end he was merely an angry spirit.
Last edited by Iyionaku on 29 Jan 2020 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

"Google Translate Relay" for Ring 1:

Loglorn - Yashuhay: Igbo
Reyzadren - Griuskant: Tamil
spanick - Weddish: Frisian (actually yields a quite meaningful text itself)
Iyionaku - Yélian: Corse
DesEsseintes - Sōkoan: Chichewa
DzêtaRedfang - Atruozan: Finnish
Jackk - Boral: Catalan
brblues - Proto-Bokisig: Hausa
shimobaatar - Y²KS: Hausa
alynnidalar - Tirina: Tamil
Trailsend - Hiding Waters: Vietnamese
total pleb - Balak: Kurmandschi

Final text after google translate relay:

Although I can speak the local language and classes at night, I am not happy with that language. My friend, my friend shared my pain.
After the snow game, Meyer spent the afternoon
We found a shelter
There is so much to read.
Although we are poor, we are not all. "We went home." The truth is: at night, alcohol is booming, people are doing what they can to bring me, but the feeling of being in bed never shames me.