Need some German translations !

A forum for discussing linguistics or just languages in general.
Antiphlogistine
rupestrian
rupestrian

Need some German translations !

Post by Antiphlogistine »

Hello there !

I'm writing a novel and there is some German in it, but I don't want to take the chance to Google Translate it. And unfortunately, I don't know German enough to translate myself ... Maybe someone can help me with that ...

It is not very complicated phrases :

"Oops ! I'm sorry !"
"Ariane, it is your turn !" (... to pass your oral)
"Louis, can you wake up Ariane, please ?"
"When you are ready !" (... you can start your oral)
"Last summer, I went to Guatemala. I was there with a group to help build a school."

As the character is learning German, maybe you can make a version with common mistakes made by German learners ... It would be more realistic !

If you help me, I will give you a free sample of my novel (wow, what a gift ! :lol: )

Thanks a lot, lot, lot for your help !
On dirait de la musique de monstres !
kadani
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Need some German translations !

Post by kadani »

It's 7 am after a night of attempting to do uni assignments, so I am not too confident in my ability to speak my L1...

"Oops ! I'm sorry !": "Oh, entschuldige! Das tut mir leid!"
"Ariane, it is your turn !" (... to pass your oral): "Ariane, du bist dran!"
"Louis, can you wake up Ariane, please ?": "Louis, kannst Du Ariane bitte wecken?"
"When you are ready !" (... you can start your oral): "Sobald Du bereit bist!"
"Last summer, I went to Guatemala. I was there with a group to help build a school.": "Letzen Sommer bin ich nach Guatemala geflogen. Ich war da mit einer Gruppe um dabei zu helfen eine Schule zu bauen."

This is good German though. When I try to speak it incorrectly a voice in my head says not to make fun of the people I help with German. :oops:
Q: Il'isa sike'han suntes?
A: Xe'isa sike'han Sike'tes... kali.

In contrast to popular perception, I do have a life. I just choose to spend it conlanging.

Fluent: :deu: :eng:, intermediate: :epo:, learning: :rus:, interested in :tur: :con: Volapük
Antiphlogistine
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Antiphlogistine »

Great, thanks ! :mrgreen:

If someone can find me some errors the character can make in the last sentence, that would be nice. Like ... You used the verb "fliegen", witch is "to fly", I think ? If she use the verb "gehen" (to go?), is it an error ?

Thanks !

PS : Hey, I like German. Lol. But I should learn English and Spanish properly before learning it ... Anyways ! :roll:
On dirait de la musique de monstres !
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

Antiphlogistine wrote:Great, thanks ! :mrgreen:

If someone can find me some errors the character can make in the last sentence, that would be nice. Like ... You used the verb "fliegen", witch is "to fly", I think ? If she use the verb "gehen" (to go?), is it an error ?

Thanks !

PS : Hey, I like German. Lol. But I should learn English and Spanish properly before learning it ... Anyways ! :roll:
Switch the endings on eine and einer. Those kill me everytime.
Testyal
roman
roman

Post by Testyal »

Antiphlogistine wrote:Great, thanks ! :mrgreen:

Thanks !

Well, if she was travelling, then I'd use 'fahren'.
:deu: :fra: :zho: :epo: