The CBB Conlang Census

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by k1234567890y »

Lonmai Luna/Liunan:

Analytic, SVO, prepositional, right-branching, spoken by both human beings and long-longs.

Lonmai Luna has more than 2000 words now, including compound words, derived words and loanwords, however, the wordlist I have uploaded does not contain compound words, derived words and loanwords, and there are currently less than 500 words uploaded to CWS(originally, about 1200 words were uploaded to CWS, however, as there are errors in the Wordlink, I deleted the original CWS dictionary and reuploaded one).

Introduction page(in Chinese): http://zh.8thworld.wikia.com/wiki/呂南語

Introduction page in CWS: http://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=LML

I have written a shorter introduction of the grammar of Lonmai Luna(in Chinese): http://zh.8thworld.wikia.com/wiki/呂南語語法

Maybe I should have a more complete reference grammar written in English
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Alamantus
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Alamantus »

Since I'm here, I'll throw mine into the mix!

My conlang is Zirka (http://zirka.ga), a right-to-left rune/glyph-based language. While it is largely a language (mainly English) cast (i.e., you use a source language to directly render the language through translation), it has its own simple grammar to help differentiate it from English enough to pass as a proper conlang, in my opinion.

I'm hoping to eventually add a proper dictionary to make it a true conlang that stands on its own without a source language, but for now, I like how it works and how easy it is to use. [:D]
Image Zirka – My Cypherlang Image Gobahai – My Conlang Image Lexiconga – My Dictionary Builder
Image Alamantus GameDev – My Game Development
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Kankonian now has 50,000 words.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Also, you broke up the words "geopetical orientation" and "from the planet of a spacefaring people" with the lexicon size.
Kankonian: Artlang (1996); a priori, agglutinative; geopoetical orientation; 47500 words: from the planet of a spacefaring people.
should read:
Kankonian: Artlang (1996); a priori, agglutinative; 50000 words; geopoetical orientation: from the planet of a spacefaring people.
♂♥♂♀

HoskhMatriarch
roman
roman

Post by HoskhMatriarch »

Hoskh is probably developed enough to be in the census now. I don't know what to say about it though. It's double-marking, may or may not be polysynthetic (but don't put "agglutinative", agglutinative languages don't have so much non-concatenative morphology and this language has massive amounts of it), has active alignment on verbs only and is otherwise nominative-accusative, has lots of vowels and consonants, has umlaut and opening lenition everywhere, has limited Suffixaufnahme (or, as it's known in German, double case), doesn't have a dominant word order, is extremely "nonconfigurational" (hey, let's sprinkle this noun phrase across the sentence), has tons of compounding, and is from a fantasy conworld where it is spoken by the Hoskh people in the mountains and also a bunch of other people. Is there anything that'd be more relevant than what I said, or anything I said that isn't relevant?
No darkness can harm you if you are guided by your own inner light
jute
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by jute »

Jutean
(CBB / CWS)
VSO, Austronesian Alignment, mostly analytical with some inflections, "pseudo" split-s-ergativity, three noun classes and five moods, no tense or voice distinction.
1282 dictionary entries, 113 translation samples.
Jutean: Hawaiian phonology meets Tagalog, with English ergativity and Mandarin tenselessness added.
Also on CWS.
Information on Juteans and their homeland
RobElks
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by RobElks »

Bargazian: http://relkton.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/b ... -onla.html is probably the most complete conlang I have created. It is spoken in central Russia and is in its own branch of the Indo-European languages, with 29-30 phonemes, plus glottalisation and aspiration of consonants. It has four noun cases - each noun takes three cases, with the third varying between genitive and dative depending on the class - and four noun classes. There are four verb tenses and only one set of endings. It is mildly agglutinative. At the moment, it has few words in its vocabulary, but its grammar is the most detailed of any language I have done yet.

Ranian: http://relkton.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/r ... guage.html is my next-most complete entry, with the most words in its vocabulary and detailed grammar notes. It is a nominative-accusative language - in the text, I use the term "ergative" to refer to the object of intransitive verbs, since at the time of its creation, I was not aware that the ergative refers to the subject - and non-Indo-European, with two noun classes and seven cases. It uses Cyrillic and is highly agglutinative, where the structure allows for entire subordinate clauses to fit into their relevant noun. For example, the word "Гилхианасаиньорагативоʀофеʀисегеч" means "the man who was previously an entertainer but had stopped in order to enjoy his life further and was curious about the fact", or "Entertain-PAST-stop-enjoy-PAST-REASON-life-SUPERLATIVE-be.interest-PAST-fact-man"

Charinese: http://relkton.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/c ... guage.html - a language isolate spoken on an island in the Caspian Sea. Uses the Latin alphabet, has 4-5 cases - absolutive, benefactive, essive, transient and the possessed case, which is sometimes not considered a case - and three classes and two endings for verbs. Somewhat agglutinative.

Shesti: http://relkton.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/the-shesti.html - an Indo-European language spoken on another planet. Has eight cases and a complex system of verbs - three independent classes, four tenses and three forms. Not agglutinative.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Up to date.
GrandPiano
mayan
mayan

Post by GrandPiano »

RobElks wrote:in the text, I use the term "ergative" to refer to the object of intransitive verbs, since at the time of its creation, I was not aware that the ergative refers to the subject
Don't intransitive verbs by definition have no object?
RobElks
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by RobElks »

GrandPiano wrote:
RobElks wrote:in the text, I use the term "ergative" to refer to the object of intransitive verbs, since at the time of its creation, I was not aware that the ergative refers to the subject
Well, technically they do, since the "object" takes a preposition. In Ranian, this "object" is the ergative
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

RobElks wrote:
GrandPiano wrote:
Well, technically they do, since the "object" takes a preposition. In Ranian, this "object" is the ergative
Do you mean agentive "object"?
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, Yorkish, misc.
she/her
RobElks
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by RobElks »

Yeah, I guess I do.
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

My first Conlang: Inyi
I honestly don't know what category it falls into (possibly artlang, could even be towards auxlang, engelang?).
It is not spoken by a fictional people.
It's very agglutinative and slightly polysynthetic.
It was started about 3 months ago : March 2016
Its purpose was an exploration of language creation to gain knowledge and understanding in the art.
Below is the link to the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5495

(This was also in a PM)
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

OTheB wrote:My first Conlang: Inyi
I honestly don't know what category it falls into (possibly artlang, could even be towards auxlang, engelang?).
It is not spoken by a fictional people.
It's very agglutinative and slightly polysynthetic.
It was started about 3 months ago : March 2016
Its purpose was an exploration of language creation to gain knowledge and understanding in the art.
Sounds like a personal language. Personal languages are examples of artlangs.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

As of 9/29/2016, I count 99 conlangs!

BTW, the link to the Gigxpoyan language family is broken. It says ttp instead of http.
♂♥♂♀

kiwikami
roman
roman
Location: Oh, I don't know, I'm probably around here somewhere.

Post by kiwikami »

I've worked on quite a few languages previously, but only one at the moment, and so:

Alál: a priori; highly synthetic; heavy compounding, infixation, and reduplication; marks tense and direction of motion along spatio-temporal axes. Spoken by a spacefaring culture in contact with an alternate Earth.

There will be a thread about it soon eventually...
Edit: Substituted a string instrument for a French interjection.

:eng: :mrgreen: | :fra: [:)] | ASL [:S] | :deu: [:|] | :tan: [:(] | :nav: [:'(]
Sglod
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Sglod »

My language is Kâzaron, an artlang. It's somewhere between fusional and agglutinative and is SOV. The grammar is influenced by Japanese. It has 50 - 150 words so far and 30 phonemes. It was started last winter (2015). Here's an outdated, incomplete overview : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5336
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Updated to here!
Dezinaa
greek
greek

Post by Dezinaa »

Yiingim: Artlang (2014); agglutinative, erg-abs alignment, minimal phoneme inventory, tonal, syllabic-alphabetic script. Edit: Fixed the year.

Yay 777th post
Last edited by Dezinaa on 31 Jul 2016 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

elemtilas wrote:Updated to here!
You still haven't fixed Loglorn's Gigxkpoyan.
♂♥♂♀