What are you listening to/watching?

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
gach
MVP
MVP

Re: What are you listening to/watching?

Post by gach »

A snippet from what I've found to be good background music for paper writing while also trying to avoid your office mate's aggressive typing:

Saimaa – Myrskyluodon Maija (orig. Lasse Mårtenson)
Snarky Puppy, Metropole Orkest – The Curtain
Trio Töykeat – Dedication
ImageKištaLkal sikSeic
Herra Ratatoskr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Herra Ratatoskr »

Been watching the Vinland Saga anime, and the song used in the titles is pretty good, imho. I'm not usually a fan of songs with screamy parts, but this one works for me.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Cherokee Radio Programs
https://www.cherokee.org/radio-show-archives/

'The Navajo Nation' KTNN radio (livestream)
https://streamdb6web.securenetsystems.net/v5/KTNN
(about 99% English Country songs, but the DJing and some commercials are in Navajo)

[:D]
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Kill Switch :wat: [cross]
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood [<3] [tick]
Frozen II [:)] [tick]

You'll like "Frozen II" if you felt like the first movie didn't go far enough into the "why" of Elsa's powers. There's a lot more world-building going on. The creepily marriage-obsessed trolls are de-emphasized, which I applaud. And the animation keeps improving; just noticing details like the beading on a dress or the subtle shake of the camera was a treat.
gach
MVP
MVP

Post by gach »

Fitting with the ever so often surfacing discussion on alternate tuning systems, here's Adam Neely with some microtonal Christmas tunes. Not at all unenjoyable.
ImageKištaLkal sikSeic
Birdlang
greek
greek

Post by Birdlang »

This Batak Simalungun song. Pos Ni Uhur Mai. I believe it’s from around 1999 to 2001.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2yAQCO_XEw
Organ & keyboard heavy music is common in Batak pop music, especially by the late 80’s early 90’s when everyone switched from band format to accompaniment by a cheap programmable organ/keyboard plus occasionally guitar or sax and also usually flute and string instruments, because of cost efficiency.
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

I started watching "The Good Place" on Monday. Got through the first three seasons by Thursday, and watched the fourth on Saturday before watching the series finale last night. Oh, oh man, the feels. It's been a long while since I've gotten into a series that I thought, during the finale, ran for just the right amount of time, and had an ending that suited its story. There were issues here and there that I thought didn't work on smaller scales, but within the context of the series as a whole, they're less problematic than I felt at the time. Glad I filled my week off work with this particular series [:)]
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

back to the '70

perhaps 1570...
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

sangi39 wrote: 02 Feb 2020 14:05 I started watching "The Good Place" on Monday. Got through the first three seasons by Thursday, and watched the fourth on Saturday before watching the series finale last night. Oh, oh man, the feels. It's been a long while since I've gotten into a series that I thought, during the finale, ran for just the right amount of time, and had an ending that suited its story. There were issues here and there that I thought didn't work on smaller scales, but within the context of the series as a whole, they're less problematic than I felt at the time. Glad I filled my week off work with this particular series [:)]
I've been watching since it started, and I'm not normally one to rank my favorite media, but if I ever make a list, "The Good Place" will be way up there. Funny, thoughtful, kind — What more can you ask for? [:D]
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

Dormouse559 wrote: 02 Feb 2020 20:00
sangi39 wrote: 02 Feb 2020 14:05 I started watching "The Good Place" on Monday. Got through the first three seasons by Thursday, and watched the fourth on Saturday before watching the series finale last night. Oh, oh man, the feels. It's been a long while since I've gotten into a series that I thought, during the finale, ran for just the right amount of time, and had an ending that suited its story. There were issues here and there that I thought didn't work on smaller scales, but within the context of the series as a whole, they're less problematic than I felt at the time. Glad I filled my week off work with this particular series [:)]
I've been watching since it started, and I'm not normally one to rank my favorite media, but if I ever make a list, "The Good Place" will be way up there. Funny, thoughtful, kind — What more can you ask for? [:D]
I'm putting it up there with "Scrubs", but "The Good Place" was probably given its finale at a much better time. "Scrubs" had its better years earlier on, but I think suffered from the fatigue that so often affects longer running sitcoms, although it did have one of the best finales (for season 7) that I can remember.
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Evni Öpiu-sä
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Evni Öpiu-sä »

I both listen to and watch Hatsune Miku: Triple Baka (Full Song).
:fin: - C2
:eng: - ranges from A2 to B2
:swe: - ranges from A1 to A2
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Parasite [O.O] [tick]

I have a habit of reading the Wikipedia synopses of movies I don't plan to see. I didn't have plans to watch "Parasite", so I went ahead and read the plot a few weeks ago. Then on Sunday my dad suggested we go see it. And even with what I could remember of the story, I found myself enthralled.
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

España 1936 not bad !
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien »

Listening to Romanian pop music and every time I do I am convinced it is the most euphonic European language.
Evni Öpiu-sä wrote: 16 Feb 2020 11:45 I both listen to and watch Hatsune Miku: Triple Baka (Full Song).
Good one [:D]
Tanni
greek
greek

Post by Tanni »

Listening to Relaxing Foggy Forest (Virtual Drive) / Rain Storm and Thunder Sounds. Unlike other rain videos, this one shows actual movement through the forest. Wonderful! I wish I were there, right in this weather.
My neurochemistry has fucked my impulse control, now I'm diagnosed OOD = oppositional opinion disorder, one of the most deadly diseases in totalitarian states, but can be cured in the free world.
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

Sequor
sinic
sinic

Post by Sequor »

Classics nerds are the most adorable. The guy in the middle answering a lot of the questions for Team B is a very active user on a certain Latin web forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJasX0TNnc

Back when this guy joined the forum, we didn't believe he was just 14 years old, because he was so good at Latin already... (Nothing exactly surprising in general terms, but nowadays almost no one starts learning Latin when they're 9 years old or so.)
hīc sunt linguificēs. hēr bēoþ tungemakeras.
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien »

Ser wrote: 07 Mar 2020 19:56 Classics nerds are the most adorable. The guy in the middle answering a lot of the questions for Team B is a very active user on a certain Latin web forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJasX0TNnc

Back when this guy joined the forum, we didn't believe he was just 14 years old, because he was so good at Latin already... (Nothing exactly surprising in general terms, but nowadays almost no one starts learning Latin when they're 9 years old or so.)
Neat! Reminds me of my participation in the NJCL.

I went to a school that started teaching Latin in 6th grade (age 11), but that is admittedly rare. My high school taught Latin but is now considering phasing it out because so few students are electing to study it. [:(]
kiwikami
roman
roman
Location: Oh, I don't know, I'm probably around here somewhere.

Post by kiwikami »

I'm in a chorus that's singing Tureja Liepa, and now I've just been listening to a ton of sutartinės. I love polyphony so much.
Edit: Substituted a string instrument for a French interjection.

:eng: :mrgreen: | :fra: [:)] | ASL [:S] | :deu: [:|] | :tan: [:(] | :nav: [:'(]