how do i showcase my conlang

If you're new to these arts, this is the place to ask "stupid" questions and get directions!
pizua
rupestrian
rupestrian

how do i showcase my conlang

Post by pizua »

i've been wanting to showcase here a language i've made but i don't know how to [xD],

i know it sounds silly but this forum looks very intimidating and i kinda wanna do it 'correctly'. Like, in what subforum do i even post it? so uh, any help on how i should explain it would be appreciated thanks [xP]
Weird brazilian dude who messes around on the internet. Don't mind my shenanigans [xD]
Arayaz
roman
roman

Re: how do i showcase my conlang

Post by Arayaz »

pizua wrote: 08 Dec 2023 01:12 i've been wanting to showcase here a language i've made but i don't know how to [xD],

i know it sounds silly but this forum looks very intimidating and i kinda wanna do it 'correctly'. Like, in what subforum do i even post it? so uh, any help on how i should explain it would be appreciated thanks [xP]
Hey, welcome! To showcase a conlang, all you gotta do is post a thread in the Conlangs subforum listing your overview of it. Just explain its phonology, how you form sentences, etc.

How's the forum "intimidating," may I ask?
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Makihip-ŋAħual family Kahóra Abisj
my garbage

she/her
WeepingElf
greek
greek

Post by WeepingElf »

A good place to showcase your conlang is FrathWiki. You need an account there, just click on "request account" in the top right corner, follow the instructions and wait for approval. The markup language is the same as on Wikipedia, which is explained here.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
My conlang pages
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

There is also this post, maybe that helps.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]