Symbols of Concultures

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: Symbols of Concultures

Post by elemtilas »

Snyexarosha wrote: 18 Mar 2021 03:15 (I wish I could upload the grayscale images I made to show you, but sadly I am not sure how to upload photos because I am inept...) Obviously, it's up to you and there is no right answer.
I'd actually like to see them!

An easy way to handle images is to upload them to Postimages and use the image link button above the CBB editing pane to insert into a message here.
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Snyexarosha wrote: 18 Mar 2021 03:15 The vermillion does pop a little more, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. I think it just means that the two hues are closer to being perfect opposites on the color wheel, which in my opinion can hurt the eyes a little. If you look at the images in black and white, you can actually see that the vermillion is about the same shade as your teal, while the Persian red is noticeably darker. Having a variety of dark and light shades is generally a better design strategy, so I would suggest Persian red. (I wish I could upload the grayscale images I made to show you, but sadly I am not sure how to upload photos because I am inept...) Obviously, it's up to you and there is no right answer.
It's hard to say because this is a digital flag and not a physical one, which obviously isn't going to be as brightness-perfect and uniform in shading. Ultimately I chose persian red because I don't like orange reds

little nitpick but, it's not teal, it's turquoise. Teal is closer to green while turquoise is closer to blue.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Snyexarosha
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Snyexarosha »

elemtilas wrote: 18 Mar 2021 03:25 I'd actually like to see them!

An easy way to handle images is to upload them to Postimages and use the image link button above the CBB editing pane to insert into a message here.
Thank you for the tip! Here is the vermillion on turquoise:
Spoiler:
And here is the Persian red:
Spoiler:
The vermillion almost blends into the background shade, but the red has a little more contast, which is good.
Ahzoh wrote: 18 Mar 2021 03:50 Ultimately I chose persian red because I don't like orange reds
I think that's a perfectly good reason to go with one and not the other!