Some Snippets from The World: Yeola-Camay

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: Some Snippets from The World: Yeola-Camay

Post by elemtilas »

Khemehekis wrote: 16 Jul 2020 01:24 Kejap? At first I thought, "What a delicious sauce this is!"

Then it struck me: Kejap is a multiversal cognate to the Amoy word ketchup.

I always enjoy reading about what people eat and drink in conworlds.
Could I entice your discerning palate with some delectable recipes?
Khemehekis
mayan
mayan

Post by Khemehekis »

elemtilas wrote: 06 Aug 2020 05:52 Could I entice your discerning palate with some delectable recipes?
Yes! [<3]
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Khemehekis wrote: 06 Aug 2020 06:50
elemtilas wrote: 06 Aug 2020 05:52 Could I entice your discerning palate with some delectable recipes?
Yes! [<3]
Yes yes!
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

A Teleranian Recipe

An unusual find is a recipe written in Talarian. Cookery is mostly a learnt art and since recipes are commonly handed down orally from generation to generation, they are only very rarely written down. This one came from a letter.

(...) matrâmmehe parctanihan wakâ takam ra camtawarsnacartanacactohawehham. hacniyyanihanta stató çça - haretaqalffaffrucarca pusaçucarcahe watarcahe fflawocernanarcahe heytnarcahamtar heleyyamcahe salnôscahe alfersamcahe pipalamcahe pamptrasalnasâtamcahe : ra wawweysi alpatanihan : saltapawecawatarcahe : ra qaçyyapar alpatanihan. calcanitahan ççarató çça - haretaqalffaffrucâlfersapusaçucar, tây, xawenctó çça - wataheleyyasalnôpipalapamptrasalnasâtasaltapawecawatar. sâhtó cartanacactan. sâhtó ffrucacactancahe, tây, stantó ffrucacactanta cartanacactasihanca, tây, stantó cactôsta cartananihan, tâyhe, qecuca.

(...) and having enquired about Mother, I shall relate to thee about cooking what she calls “griddlecakes of health and happiness”. Arrange these in thy kitchen: meat & potato & water & maizecorn flour or wheaten flour & refined lard & “spicy paste” & bulbroots (i.e. garlick, onion, leek, etc) & pepper & seed of five flavours, which is called “wawwaysi” in the market stalls & “pungent water”, which is called “qashiap” in the market stalls). Chop the meat, roots, tatties into a bowl; and then, mix in the water, refined lard, spice, pepper, wawwaysi, and vinegar / qashiap. Make up a griddle cake. Make up a meatcake, and then, put the meatcake into the griddlecake, and then, put the cake onto the griddle, and then, it cooks itself.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Mmm!