A new technology for an old world (Alternate future)

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
KiKi Tampusa
cuneiform
cuneiform

A new technology for an old world (Alternate future)

Post by KiKi Tampusa »

This world is old but immature. It was invented by a nine year old (me).
All I have done is look at technology and certain laws or social pushes that would occur. To avoid a Wall-e effect that might occur with this technology http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WALL-E.
The technology this world treasures is based on compressed light. It is light compressed to such a point that it reaches a state of pure energy. This energy is then put into liquid and then solid form. You can touch and hold it in this state; it is completely harmless. This object is called glema. (Lame name sue me.) This energy is eternal and impossible to destroy. Even a black hole can’t destroy it. It can grow and shrink and transport to any place. It is also the only substance capable of accessing a universe called the Info-verse.
This micro-verse is a sub-universe of ours. It has recorded history of all things taking an image of the universe in its entirety every tp. The image is in full of all things. It is seen in 6 inch spheres. All things that occurred in the universe can be viewed in all the way down to the sub atomic level.
The power source is also programmable. It can be manipulated to the point where it becomes a computer. Hello singularity. This object is unable to be recreated again unless it itself makes more (Only one can be created without it.) This means that if this were a nuke only America could have it. The object is able to make more though they will deteriorate after only a thousand years.
My other universe for now called floating world is a pocket dimension of ours and is one of many that was created by the object for humans. It can only create universal laws at the start never later.
It pretty much sucks right now but more is to come.
What are Klingon speakers doing? They are engaging in intellectually stimulating language play. They are enjoying themselves for languages sake, art for art’s sakes. And like all committed artists, they will do their thing, critics be damned.
Arika Okrent
KiKi Tampusa
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: A new technology for an old world (Alternate future)

Post by KiKi Tampusa »

This is a mild sketch of what a star ship would look like. It would be ruffly the size of Manhattan Island.
Last edited by KiKi Tampusa on 11 Jan 2011 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
What are Klingon speakers doing? They are engaging in intellectually stimulating language play. They are enjoying themselves for languages sake, art for art’s sakes. And like all committed artists, they will do their thing, critics be damned.
Arika Okrent
KiKi Tampusa
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by KiKi Tampusa »

Wow I thought this would get some response, snide remarks, praise, suggestions, questions, the want to add something.
Arika Okrent
KiKi Tampusa
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by KiKi Tampusa »

Again, nothing?
Arika Okrent