Damta: A collaborative world

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Nachtuil
greek
greek

Re: Damta: A collaborative world

Post by Nachtuil »

Okay cool. :) Just to give us some space to "play in".

I really am not sure where the technology is at a given point relative to our own.I think technology could move faster or slower really and in different rates and directions compared to our own world. If we treat our worlds as roughly the same we'd be at about PS 12020 right now. So actualy PS 14 000 would be.... the year 4000 AD hahah. Probably after PS 12500 or PS 13000 is quite sufficient. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just how far along you want your languages to have evolved by the time that happens.

It is so cool we have a mention in the Frathwiki.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Nachtuil wrote: 10 Nov 2020 17:27 It is so cool we have a mention in the Frathwiki.
[:)] The way I see it, so many collaborative projects begin with great enthusiasm and then disappear into the uttermost voids almost immediately. We see it happen here in CBB with some frequency. On very rare occasions one comes across an actual collaborative project that is actually very successful -- I've seen only a couple, and have been involved in only one. (Tried to get a couple others going that didn't work out so well!) That's just the way of it, as people come and go and interests wax and wane.

But I sincerely congratulate you guys for reaching so many milestones! You made it over the one month hurdle, and here you are a year later, still working on it! You've got a neat little wiki going and a diverse group of contributors that has kept everything afloat. I thought that was well worth writing an article on Frath.

I hope to see your wiki expand, and perhaps see some artwork, more maps, in world lore and the like!
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis »

elemtilas wrote: 29 Oct 2020 07:05
Khemehekis wrote: 29 Oct 2020 04:20
k1234567890y wrote: 28 Oct 2020 16:42 Just updated something for Likepeg people, sorry for the hiatus
Yay! Hopefully we'll see some more soon.

Does someone want to find Miranda Brawner on the web and invite her to return to her collaboration?
If she's the same one, there's a Miranda Brawner active at alternatehistory.com.
Yeah, I saw her too. Does anyone want to join that forum and send her a message that Damta still waits for her?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 67,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote: 29 Oct 2020 11:38 Also

I am having an idea of sharing the Querlongs, a group of non-human aliens from my conworld(s) with Damta.
I love it! I see this happening during the last two millennia of our timeline, when the Damtans enter the age of space travel.

By the time we've gotten all the past history fleshed out, we should know what the other planets in Damta's solar system, the other stars in Damta's galaxy, and the planets that orbit those other stars are and what they are called.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote: 31 Oct 2020 16:33 I have written that Kompalia is a pioneer in contacting non-human extraterrestrial civilizations, but I am not sure if this is ok for you all.

Also I want to keep the mechanism of FTL drives unexplained as of now, is it ok for you all?
Those are both fine by me!

Do we have an idea of which country will invent cerebral reality? Or is it probably a country that we haven't created yet?
♂♥♂♀

k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Khemehekis wrote: 11 Nov 2020 08:20
k1234567890y wrote: 31 Oct 2020 16:33 I have written that Kompalia is a pioneer in contacting non-human extraterrestrial civilizations, but I am not sure if this is ok for you all.

Also I want to keep the mechanism of FTL drives unexplained as of now, is it ok for you all?
Those are both fine by me!

Do we have an idea of which country will invent cerebral reality? Or is it probably a country that we haven't created yet?
can I adopt it for Kompalia? or you people feel it is better to put it in other countries?
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.