Damta: A collaborative world

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: Damta: A collaborative world

Post by elemtilas »

Khemehekis wrote: 04 May 2021 09:46 I just woke up from a dream wherein a saw a strange web and noticed a sign near a hole. Reading the sign upside-down, I could gather that "blackhead spiders" lived nearby.

I thereafter came up with this:

https://damta.fandom.com/wiki/Blackhead_spider
Nice bit of oneiroergy that.

I just hope the spiders aren't actually big enough that their redimiculiments are áctually the size of hygienic tissue!
Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil »

Titus Flavius wrote: 14 May 2021 10:50 I don't want to search the 20 pages of this thread, what's the current year on Damta? I want to put Plakian languages on Damta wiki but I need some chronology :)
So, there isn't really a current year so much as a range of time with different groups in different areas. You can see a timeline here: https://damta.fandom.com/wiki/Historical_Timeline

I still want to flesh out an image for it but the Kojikeng people for example are a future offshoot of the Txabao peoples so I want to show their general migration into the south western peninsula.

In other news, I've been working on programming a utility to convert text into IPA (assuming a 1 to 1 ratio) so for example I'm still working on figuring out how to wrap it in a user interface so that people wouldn't have to get an IDE and manually manipulate the code to tell it what files to work with. This program will be designed to accept ciphers of a certain format so that it could be used with multiple conlangs. I'd like to later make a program to apply sound changes but that isn't what this one is designed to handle, but again, not really presentable yet.

In the spoiler is an example output.
Spoiler:
1: da'ibra'
1: daʔibɾaʔ
2: muqdzib
2: muxdzib
3: muqdzibra'
3: muxdzibɾaʔ
4: muqer
4: muxeɾ
5: muqra'
5: muxɾaʔ
6: 'okadzib
6: ʔokadzib
7: 'okadzibra'
7: ʔokadzibɾaʔ
8: 'atxru
8: ʔatʃɾu
9: 'atxrubi
9: ʔatʃɾubi
10: 'atxrubi'ik
10: ʔatʃɾubiʔik
11: 'atxrubi'eu
11: ʔatʃɾubiʔeu̯
12: 'atxrubi'ou
12: ʔatʃɾubiʔou̯
13: 'atxrubi'an
13: ʔatʃɾubiʔan
14: 'atxrubi'em
14: ʔatʃɾubiʔem
15: 'atxrubi'aox
15: ʔatʃɾubiʔao̯ʃ
16: qxet
16: xʃet
17: qxet'ik
17: xʃetʔik
18: gao
18: gao̯
19: qe
19: xe
20: a'
20: aʔ
21: q
21: x
22: x
22: ʃ
23:
23:
24: 'atxrubi'aox gao. 'eqi!
24: ʔatʃɾubiʔao̯ʃ gao̯. ʔexi!
25: 'atxrubi'ou avuwkdnzxc9832yedh0p
25: ʔatʃɾubiʔou̯ avuwkdnzʃc9832yedˤ0p
26:
26:
27: da'ibra' muqdzib muqdzibra' muqer muqra' 'okadzib 'okadzibra' 'atxru 'atxrubi 'atxrubi'ik 'atxrubi'eu 'atxrubi'ou 'atxrubi'an 'atxrubi'em 'atxrubi'aox qxet qxet'ik gao qe a' q x 'atxrubi'aox gao. 'eqi! 'atxrubi'ou avuwkdnzxc9832yedh0p
27: daʔibɾaʔ muxdzib muxdzibɾaʔ muxeɾ muxɾaʔ ʔokadzib ʔokadzibɾaʔ ʔatʃɾu ʔatʃɾubi ʔatʃɾubiʔik ʔatʃɾubiʔeu̯ ʔatʃɾubiʔou̯ ʔatʃɾubiʔan ʔatʃɾubiʔem ʔatʃɾubiʔao̯ʃ xʃet xʃetʔik gao̯ xe aʔ x ʃ ʔatʃɾubiʔao̯ʃ gao̯. ʔexi! ʔatʃɾubiʔou̯ avuwkdnzʃc9832yedˤ0p
Khemehekis wrote: 04 May 2021 09:46 I just woke up from a dream wherein a saw a strange web and noticed a sign near a hole. Reading the sign upside-down, I could gather that "blackhead spiders" lived nearby.

That's really cool! Man, the desert offers many perils doesn't it!
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Ok, the 'now' in Plakian articles will be -2125 AG:)
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil »

Titus Flavius wrote: 16 May 2021 19:00 Ok, the 'now' in Plakian articles will be -2125 AG:)
Cool :)
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Nachtuil wrote: 16 May 2021 18:03

That's really cool! Man, the desert offers many perils doesn't it!
Actually, as I mention in the article, the blackhead spider is a savannah species.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
brblues
sinic
sinic

Post by brblues »

Ooft, long time without a post here!

I've been taking time of Damta for most of the year, but the grand plan still is to develop daughter languages of Early Bokisig; I have sketched out three, but not got much further in the development.

Even grander plan: I'm planning to, at some point, write a short story set in the Bokisig-sphere of the Damta world. I just wanted to pre-emptively ask if this is okay with you guys? There wouldn't be too many allusions where anything but the Bokisig could come up, but I guess at least the Neduki might be mentioned in passing [:D]
Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil »

brblues wrote: 03 Oct 2021 17:45 Ooft, long time without a post here!

I've been taking time of Damta for most of the year, but the grand plan still is to develop daughter languages of Early Bokisig; I have sketched out three, but not got much further in the development.

Even grander plan: I'm planning to, at some point, write a short story set in the Bokisig-sphere of the Damta world. I just wanted to pre-emptively ask if this is okay with you guys? There wouldn't be too many allusions where anything but the Bokisig could come up, but I guess at least the Neduki might be mentioned in passing [:D]
I have no problem with it. Let us know what you do :)

This project is still in my mind too. I just have been quite occupied and otherwise distracted from my world building and conlanging activities but I plan to continue.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

brblues wrote: 03 Oct 2021 17:45 Ooft, long time without a post here!

Ooh, I'd love to see a story like that! Complete with Neduki, of course! (They can tell tales about all their gods and goddesses!)
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

A "new" idea dor Damta that I copied from the Lehola Galaxy: reactests.

https://damta.fandom.com/wiki/Reactest

We can decide what century/decade/year it would be invented.
♂♥♂♀

Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

Wow, I had no idea this world even existed... it seems really interesting!
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Ruykkarraber languages, Izre, Ngama, Areyaxi languages, ???, 2c2ef0
my garbage

she/her
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Üdj wrote: 11 Jul 2023 04:23 Wow, I had no idea this world even existed... it seems really interesting!
'
Flavia (when she was posting as Titus Flavius) did some work on it not long ago. I haven't seen Nachtuil nor brblues on in a long time.
♂♥♂♀