Damta: A collaborative world

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Damta: A collaborative world

Post by brblues »

I've put a bit more history up on the wiki, and there are over 600 words, plus a couple of grammar articles on the CWS page for Early Bokisig.

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues »

@Khemehekis

I'm currently putting some cities onto my map, and also want there to be two cities in a kingdom called Nedusu that is descended from the Txabao people coming to the area (around PS8300, the cities may have been founded later).

Would you mind coming up with two good truly native Txabao names for them? In case you need some inspiration based on physical features, I am linking a picture of the map including city names. Your actual Txabao empire would be to the west of the huge mountain range, which I have called Kadolekom (ka-dole-kom, meaning: eternal-mountain-forest) in Early Bokisig.

Khemehekis
mayan
mayan

Post by Khemehekis »

For Nedusu City #1 . . . Qi'ushhad, or "yucca town".

For Nedusu City #2 . . . 'Abraxanzakob, or "south of the mountains".
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues »

Amazing, thanks!

brblues
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by brblues »

I've further amended my history of the Bokisig Confederation, sometimes a bit drastically, and added two maps (sadly a grid line shows up quite prominently as a black bar in large zooms such as these). I also think I might push the timeline for when Early Bokisig changes into Classical back a bit. That way I also get to make one more descendant, the language spoken in a political entity arising from a merger between the population of the western highlands and the Nëdusu kingdom, descendants of the Txabao people from that first migration. I imagine it will be a descendant of Early Bokisig very heavily influenced by Txabao.