Random musings on World of Fuhe concultures

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Shemtov
runic
runic

Random musings on World of Fuhe concultures

Post by Shemtov »

NB: This post is longer "Canon", as I have thrown out The Qíʳ Bȁˀ Gàˀⁿ from my "Canon"
The Qíʳ Bȁˀ Gàˀⁿ /t͡ɕʰi:˥ pɛ˩˧ kɑ̃˩˧ are a loose collection of city-states situated in the Kiruhatsu Mountains, to the Northeast of Fuhe.
Their religion is meant to be a mixture of Dharmic Religions and Mayan Religion.

They have a strong tradition of astrology, with a solar Calander of 365 days, that consists of 12 months of either 30, 31, 32 days. In most years, six of the seven months in which the equinoxes and solstices do not fall in have 30 days, the months in which the equinoxes and solstices fall have 31, and a month which corresponds to the 12-year Zodiacal Cycle has 31 days. However, if the corresponding month has an equinox or solstice, it has 32 days that year. In a leap year, a month that is also not the Zodiacal month has an extra day added towards the end, always the month before the Zodiacal month. The leap day is a festival called "The Herald of the Zodiac". The First Month roughly corresponds to Julian May-June, since it is the month before the Summer Solstice, corresponding to Gemini

In addition to the Zodiacal cycle, there is also a 7-year Planetary Cycle, in the order Saturn, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, Sun, and Moon.
The added day is always the 1st day of the week corresponding to the year's planet, which is counted out of the number of the month's days, while the Herald is the last such day of the previous month. Thus, in their reckoning, there are 4 months of 31 days, 5 of 30, plus one or two months with an "intercalated day".

The last year that should be a leap year before the last year of the 84-year combined cycle is not a leap year, with the 84th year's (Moon-Taurus) Zodiacal month having 33 days, with the Month of Taurus's last 4 Moon-Days (Saturdays) being intercalated days, celebrated with great festivity.

The exact cosmological and theological reasons given for this cycle will be explained in a latter post.
Last edited by Shemtov on 21 Nov 2023 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Re: Random musings on World of Fuhe concultures

Post by Shemtov »

NB: This post is longer "Canon", as I have thrown out The Qíʳ Bȁˀ Gàˀⁿ from my "Canon"
T
Note: The Exact year was specified by the name of the Ruler of the city-state at the end of the 84-year cycle, with dates written at the same time as the events being referred to as "The cycle after the cycle of King/Prince etc. so-and-so" In time, many City States' Religious Authorities attained regional recognition, so City-states of that region would agree to use the name of the High Pontiff of the City-state with that influence, so for example, all the City States of the North-Central region would all record a date as, say, "The 15th day of Capricorn, Year of Saturn-Gemini, of the Great Cycle after the Cycle ended by Tïáˀ son of Hèʳ-Bàùʰ the Precociously Ascendant, Grand Pontiff of Hmïőˀ Hmïőʰ Shéⁿ Kúʰ".
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

The World of Fuhe has gone through a major reworking. I had considered creating a Ver 2.0 of this thread, but I want to preserve the evolution of the World in a traceable way.
-JRR Tolkien
lurker
sinic
sinic

Post by lurker »

Nice calendar. I was lazy and just said there's exactly X planetary rotations per orbital period and divided the two numbers to get the length of a day.
⠎⠀⠜⠎⠾⠌⠺⠀⠍⠭⠌⠉⠀⠬⠽⠬⠽⠌⠚
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

lurker wrote: 21 Nov 2023 21:28 Nice calendar. I was lazy and just said there's exactly X planetary rotations per orbital period and divided the two numbers to get the length of a day.
Thanks. I actually created the conceit that my conworld is an alternate version of Earth, with different continents, which means I can use Earth astronomical data to create calendars. I'm actually thinking that while I have "deleted" the The Qíʳ Bȁˀ GàˀⁿCulture, the same basic system also fits the Zeigouŋdeizese Culture.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Before I explore Zeigouŋdeizese Religions, which are various schools of thought in a system I will call Weidjitaakic Spirituality, I want to discuss an aspect of the World of Fuhe that is key to understanding Weidjitaakic Spirituality. For all concepts that I discuss I will give the Fuheko and Zeigouŋdeizese names.

The tectonic plate that Fuhe and Western Waan is on has a special connection to the life that exists on it, thus producing an energy that can be tapped into by Humans and used, called Ki in Fuheko, and Łaab’i in Zeigouŋdeizese The main knowledge of harnessing Ki/Łaab’i is in Fuhe, though the Zeigouŋdeizese do have some knowledge. The unique expression of Ki/Łaab’i on Waan, being near the boundary, is that, while, Zeigouŋdeza is located on the southern part of the island and is c. 50 degrees north, the entire island has a tropical environment.

When Ki/Łaab’i builds up, a form of sentient or semi-sentient beings, called Kami in Fuheko, and Cisic'u in Zeigouŋdezese, arises. Many people groups, including those following Weidjitaakic Spirituality, see the Cisic'u as deities, but the Kami/Cisic'u choose not to give a clear answer as to their origin; in fact, I may make it (As believed in Fuhe) that though they know, they CANNOT, as part of their nature, answer that question to humans. The Kami/Cisic'u adapt to their environment, though they are more powerful in areas less changed by humans. They have some knowledge of the future, especially of their area around them. They may be seen as the Ki/Łaab’i manifesting as genii locii.

There is more to Ki/Łaab’i and Kami/Cisic'u then I have explained here, but this is what I need to explain before I post on Weidjitaakic Spirituality.
-JRR Tolkien
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Weidjitaakic Spirituality was a cluster of religions practiced in Greater Zeigouŋdeiza, though they also had much of their formative ideas from Greater Hic'ag, and thus many Weidjitaakic ideas were expressed using Hic'agese loanwords, often duoblets of native Zeigouŋdeizese words (since both are members of the Peninsular-Serelian branch of the Waanic Language Family), and also loanwords from Hanese, since Zeigouŋdeiza and Hic'ag were Hanese colonies/client states, and thus many Weidjitaakic ideas came from Hanese religion. This post is the first in a series on Weidjitaakic Spiriyuality, this one focusing on Cosmology and the Common Holy Texts, the Three Weidjitaak.

Weidjitaakic Spirituality is based on a Pantheistic understanding of the universe, that is, the universe is one divine soul, called Zili'aatimwiñaak. Zili'aatimwiñaak is believed to "contract" itself in various forms, the current "Universe" of Zili'aatimwiñaak having seven layers or Yuyujim (sing: Yujim):

The Surrounding Pure Yujim, a layer of pure Zili'aatimwiñaak;

The Surrounding Łiin Yujim, where the Łiin, a Trinity of deities, Father, Mother and Child, abide.

The Cisic'u Yujim, inhabited by the Cisic'u, who were seen as intermedieries between the Łiin and Humans.

The Human Yujim- the visible world.

The Alaatzi Yujim, where the Alaatzi, those humans holy enough to fuse back into pure Zili'aatimwiñaak await fusion.

The Core Łiin Yujim, the "inner abode" of the Łiin

The Core Pure Yujim, a "core" of pure Zili'aatimwiñaak.

There was also believed to be various "Holes" in the Yuyujim, connecting the two "Pure Yuyujim", and these correspond to places on Earth that act as sort of a group of Axes Mundi called Waandeiza (note that most groups call these "The Surpreme Waandeiza", believing that certain graves of Alaatzi- based on the sects' individual interpretation of the Doctrine of Alaatzi-, and also inhabitations of certain Cisic'u are "Minor Waandeiza" or "Lesser Waandeiza")

Knowledge of Zili'aatimwiñaak is believed to be availible to all sentient beings who seek it in a form called "Weid", which may be translated as "The Self-Evident Universal Truth and Knowledge", and it is revealed to humans as the Three Weidjitaak; that is, those three texts are the shortest and most efficient way to express Weid in human language; and thus these texts were written by "the natural state of things". The Three Weidjitaak are poems, one a Hymn to Zili'aatimwiñaak, expressing basic cosmology and truths about reuniting with Zili'aatimwiñaak, One an instruction to Humans on proper worship and ethics, and One a hymn to the Higher Cisic'u, speaking of the Łiin and the nature of the Cisic'u.

In addition to allowing one to reunite with Zili'aatimwiñaak, ethics and rituals also "preserve" the current state of Zili'aatimwiñaak, as the current state of having sentient beings that have free choice in their knowledge of Weid is seen as the "kindest" state possible or at least comprehensible to humans. Ritual mainly consists of worship of Cisic'u and Alaatzi.
-JRR Tolkien