Lesson/Guide Requests

A forum for guides, lessons and sharing of useful information.
SomeoneSomewhere
sinic
sinic

Re: Lesson/Guide Requests

Post by SomeoneSomewhere »

Hakaku wrote:Are you looking for anything specific in terms of a guide? Phonology? Morphology? Dialectal differences? Quirks?
I wasn't looking for anything specific! But if you want to do something specific by all means do it!
:eng: Native speaker! | :fra: Learning, slowly but surely! | :cym: Dabbling in!
Pirka
roman
roman

Post by Pirka »

I am very interested in a (davvi-/North) Sámi guide. Of course, the chances of someone actually composing one are slim, but maybe someone could provide English resources.
MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

SomeoneSomewhere wrote:If anyone could do a French guide that'd be great! Or if you don't want to do a guide just a French Q&A? I'd do an English one but I think it's probably pointless, for obvious reasons.
:-)

I may only be in french III but I'm one of the best in my class and I'm pretty sure I'm good enough to be qualified to teach, at the very least, french I stuff w/out any trouble(though I know french II and almost half the school year of french III, but from what you said, I'm guessing you'd be more around the french I area probably)
"I warn you. If you bore me, I shall take my revenge."

-Professor J.R.R. Tolkien
Sankon
sinic
sinic

Post by Sankon »

MrSan wrote:
SomeoneSomewhere wrote:If anyone could do a French guide that'd be great! Or if you don't want to do a guide just a French Q&A? I'd do an English one but I think it's probably pointless, for obvious reasons.

I may only be in french III but I'm one of the best in my class and I'm pretty sure I'm good enough to be qualified to teach, at the very least, french I stuff w/out any trouble(though I know french II and almost half the school year of french III, but from what you said, I'm guessing you'd be more around the french I area probably)
That would be very nice! I've always wanted to learn French but never had to motivation to go looking for resources.
SomeoneSomewhere
sinic
sinic

MrSan wrote:

Dude if you could do that you'd be helping me and many others soo much, it'd be a really generous offer! I [+1] what Sankon said! Merci !
MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

Okay. So how formal do you want this to be? Like, for instance, I can easily make this a formal ''teacher and students'' thing, assign homework, make a class website, the whole shebang,

or

I can also easily just cover certain areas you want to learn in a very nonformal way.

and really any level in b/w.

So it's kinda up to you all how we'd go about this. But I'd have no problem teaching what I know.

Visinoid
roman
roman

Post by Visinoid »

Aside from the 3 native French speaker, like me, Hakaku and Yiuel already registered on the forum. @_@ I'm too lazy to make a wall of text about French anyway, so you're more than welcome to do it. I'll correct if anything's wrong anyway.

Also, HI!!!! Have you presented yourself somewhere? :D Newcomers have the bad habit to simply pop here out of nowhere... :|
MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

Visinoid wrote:Aside from the 3 native French speaker, like me, Hakaku and Yiuel already registered on the forum. @_@ I'm too lazy to make a wall of text about French anyway, so you're more than welcome to do it. I'll correct if anything's wrong anyway.

Also, HI!!!! Have you presented yourself somewhere? :D Newcomers have the bad habit to simply pop here out of nowhere... :|

Cool. Merci.

SomeoneSomewhere
sinic
sinic

MrSan wrote:Okay. So how formal do you want this to be? Like, for instance, I can easily make this a formal ''teacher and students'' thing, assign homework, make a class website, the whole shebang,

or

I can also easily just cover certain areas you want to learn in a very nonformal way.

and really any level in b/w.

So it's kinda up to you all how we'd go about this. But I'd have no problem teaching what I know.
I think the formal way would work more, personally. I wouldn't have a clue what to ask you to teach me! :P But if anyone else disagrees, speak now or forever hold your peace! xP Dude really THANKS for doing this! [:D]
MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

Well, as it was really only you and the other guy, I guess I'll just wait for him to respond and then I'll start preparations from there.

Sankon
sinic
sinic

Post by Sankon »

I would prefer more formal lessons, yeah, but not the generic "oh hmm these are phrases you use to greet people hey we'll teach you how they're constructed grammatically 134139 lessons in k? just take our word for it, k?" and "hmm these people are idiots so we'll teach them like 3 year olds k? mmhhmm".

That always bothered me. [¬.¬]

I would want something more in-depth, something more fast-paced.
Sankon
sinic
sinic

Post by Sankon »

And on another note:

I was thinking of maybe doing a set of lessons teaching Latin, if anyone's interested. The Latin thread in IOL is very very bleak... [:'(]
MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

I wouldn't mind learning latin. Lesson exchange?

Visinoid
roman
roman

Post by Visinoid »

Sankon wrote:And on another note:

I was thinking of maybe doing a set of lessons teaching Latin, if anyone's interested. The Latin thread in IOL is very very bleak... [:'(]
PLEASE DO.

Whoops caps. -_^
MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

Sankon wrote:I would prefer more formal lessons, yeah, but not the generic "oh hmm these are phrases you use to greet people hey we'll teach you how they're constructed grammatically 134139 lessons in k? just take our word for it, k?" and "hmm these people are idiots so we'll teach them like 3 year olds k? mmhhmm".

That always bothered me. [¬.¬]

I would want something more in-depth, something more fast-paced.

Okay, I think I understand what u 2 want. I'm gonna start planning a lesson and try it and if there's something you or the other guy would like to be changed, let me know and I'll adapt the lessons based on your input(I'll try not to sound like I'm teaching u like 3 year olds or idiots)

MrSan
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by MrSan »

Yeah, I find myself often writing the occasional word in IM. It happens. At least I'm not doing whole sentences in it and misusing words(like where, were, we're; to, too, two; their, they're, there; etc)

Avo
greek
greek

Post by Avo »

Visinoid wrote:

PLEASE DO.
Totally! [+1] [:D]
míkl
sinic
sinic

Post by míkl »

Avo wrote:
Visinoid wrote:

PLEASE DO.
[+1] I would like that, too.
:eng: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :fra: [:'(] | :zaf: [O.o]

Focus: :est:
Relapsing (from time to time: Svenska is all-consuming): :swe:
Interested: Pretty much everything else.
Sankon
sinic
sinic

Post by Sankon »

míkl wrote:
Avo wrote:
Visinoid wrote:

PLEASE DO.
[+1] I would like that, too.
Well, I guess I'll brew up some lessons.