ChronoGrapher - A Worldbuilding tool

A forum for guides, lessons and sharing of useful information.
ChronoGrapher
rupestrian
rupestrian

ChronoGrapher - A Worldbuilding tool

Post by ChronoGrapher »

I wanted to share a worldbuilding tool that I have created.
ChronoGrapher is a webtool for writers and worldbuilders.
It boasts a full wiki-engine, with freeform note-taking.
It allows you to structure and format your text and images just like any of the major wiki engines out there, extended with additional automation features.
Its private, and you own your own data, storing it in google drive, ensuring that you will always have full access to your own creations.
If and when you want too, you can share your working folder with friends and collaborate freely.
It also has support for interactive maps, a tilegrid editor and a robust time tracking and calendar systems.

If you want to know more there is a short overview video.
Feedback is invaluable and I would love for you to check it out and tell me what you think.
The playground is open for all.

Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Re: ChronoGrapher - A Worldbuilding tool

Post by Creyeditor »

That looks similar to the dream Sal had here.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
ChronoGrapher
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by ChronoGrapher »

That's a little crazy, am I just an NPC dreamt up to complete his dream?
But yeah, that's part of what the tool's aim is, to let power-users easily build at a certain point in time.
Torco
sinic
sinic

Post by Torco »

I like it *though it'd be even cooler if the map was a hex-on-a-sphere, as opposed to a mercator. a few other ideas

painting a world unto it, I felt the need to paint features instead of tiles: like, where my mind went was 'okay, where's the land button? it would be more intuitive a model where, say, you have three big kinds of tile: land, ocean and ice. then you add features to those tiles, so that a tile can have, I don't know, land=True, mountain=True, forest=True, and then the sprites have also those features, and the program just goes "okay tile 1 has True, True, False so i'm gonna draw mountainland_sprite.gif" or something.

of course, the model can be as complicated as one wants: land can't have mountain, probably <or maybe it can, and you draw a small island in it>. it can be made two-tiered, two, with a biome identifier that gives you the background colour of the thing, city and town can be features... huge win in user-friendlyness, and not that hard to code. also, I'm kind of not finding the pan tool, is there one?

Oh, no, I sound entitled and judgemental, like the people i used to code payroll formulas for... not my intention, it's a pretty cool thing to have writen, I'm impressed! the JS shows, it's fast af.

if it's useful, here's a screencap of how it looks on my opera