Forum News discussion/feedback thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Forum News discussion/feedback thread

Post by Mándinrùh »

eldin raigmore wrote: 12 Nov 2021 01:45
Mándinrùh wrote: 11 Nov 2021 14:40 I was looking through the smiley flags and realized we have :us-ms: (flag of Mississippi). Mississippi has since changed its flag. Should this get replaced with the new flag?
in my opinion yes. Do you know how?
Nope. I posted here in the hopes of getting the attention of somebody who does.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Mándinrùh wrote: 12 Nov 2021 03:09
eldin raigmore wrote: 12 Nov 2021 01:45 in my opinion yes. Do you know how?
Ask an administrator or a moderator. The user list ought to show you who those are, if i recall correctly.
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

Mándinrùh wrote: 12 Nov 2021 03:09
eldin raigmore wrote: 12 Nov 2021 01:45
Mándinrùh wrote: 11 Nov 2021 14:40 I was looking through the smiley flags and realized we have :us-ms: (flag of Mississippi). Mississippi has since changed its flag. Should this get replaced with the new flag?
in my opinion yes. Do you know how?
I think maybe Ossicone might be the best person to get in touch about it. I've no idea about that sort of background work, and suspect it's beyond the reach of the Moderators, but it seems to be something the Admins are able to handle (so Ossicone and Aevas). Hope that helps, and if I'm wrong, Ossicone/Aevas, just let me know [:)]
You can tell the same lie a thousand times,
But it never gets any more true,
So close your eyes once more and once more believe
That they all still believe in you.
Just one time.
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

If you want the icon replaced, you need to make the new icon.
Post that and I can update it.
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

I've removed the old Mississippi icon. If someone wants to make a new one with the new flag we can add that, but on the other hand I don't think I've ever seen this icon used to begin with?
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Aevas wrote: 24 Nov 2021 08:31 I've removed the old Mississippi icon. If someone wants to make a new one with the new flag we can add that, but on the other hand I don't think I've ever seen this icon used to begin with?
Ooh, an excuse to procrastinate? [:P] Will this work? Image
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

Dormouse559 wrote: 24 Nov 2021 20:00
Aevas wrote: 24 Nov 2021 08:31 I've removed the old Mississippi icon. If someone wants to make a new one with the new flag we can add that, but on the other hand I don't think I've ever seen this icon used to begin with?
Ooh, an excuse to procrastinate? [:P] Will this work? Image
Hah! Yes, of course. I'll fix it when I have some time to spare (I imagine there's no real rush here) [:)]
Vlürch
greek
greek

Post by Vlürch »

Since the subject of flag icons is being discussed, were the flag icons for Afghanistan and Karachay-Cherkessia that I made missed/forgotten to be added or was it a decision not to add them? Just seems weird to have flags for some republics of Russia but not all of them, and other countries but not Afghanistan. But maybe they weren't good enough quality? And now Afghanistan's flag is de facto the Taliban flag again, so... uh... uhhh...

But anyway, here they are just in case:
Image <- Afghanistan (even though now it's de facto outdated)
Image <- Karachay-Cherkessia

Since it also looks like there's no flag icon for Adygea, Altai, Bashkortostan, Buryatia, Chuvashia, Kalmykia, Mari or Mordovia either, I now made ones for them too:
Image <- Adygea
Image <- Altai
Image <- Bashkortostan
Image <- Buryatia
Image/Image <- Chuvashia
Image <- Kalmykia
Image <- Mari
Image <- Mordovia

The Adygea one is really messy, though, because it has so many stars in it and they had to be just one pixel... the Bashkortostan one doesn't have much definition, either, but it's recognisable? Two versions of the Chuvashia one because if I made sure to fit the stars/suns into it, they're only one pixel and I'm not sure which is better and more identifiable; the tree should have three thingies, but it'd have covered the entire blob so I only put two. The Mari one is also a mess since there's no way the bear could fit in such a tiny box so it's just random pixels (I tried to cram the sword in as just one line), but it should still be identifiable I think.

EDIT: Made the highlights on the top left less bright on the ones where they stuck out too much.
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

Vlürch wrote: 11 Dec 2021 19:45 Since the subject of flag icons is being discussed, were the flag icons for Afghanistan and Karachay-Cherkessia that I made missed/forgotten to be added or was it a decision not to add them?
I would guess "missed/forgotten". I'll put it on my to-do list..!
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Extremely stupid but it looks like the Q&A thread in Linguistics and Natlangs is unpinned, unlike the other subfora. Is that a mistake?
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Aevas
admin
admin

Post by Aevas »

qwed117 wrote: 22 Aug 2022 01:34 Extremely stupid but it looks like the Q&A thread in Linguistics and Natlangs is unpinned, unlike the other subfora. Is that a mistake?
Must be. I've fixed it now, thanks for catching it!
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

I don't know if anyone else has gotten this recently, but I've not been getting notifications for new posts in threads that I'm subscribed to on the Board

For example, I'm subscribed to most of the Quick Questions threads on the forum, so I'd hop on a couple of times a day, and usually I'd have a new notification or two each time. Recently, though, I've noticed that several of these threads are being posted in, but I'm not getting notifications

I'm still getting notification for being quoted in threads, just not for threads being posted in. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

EDIT: These are my current notification settings:

I can't see a reason why notification would have stopped
Just one time.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I’m also having troubles with not getting notifications about threads I’ve subscribed to.
It seems every thread I subscribed to since sometime before 10/26/2022, I do not get notified about.
Has something changed?
Omzinesý
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Omzinesý »

Somebody else may have already said.
When I try to post a new message, I get a note 'The page does not work'. When I reload the message has been send anyways. I saw that somebody had doubleposted so I think I am not the only one with the problem. That has been happening for a while.
My meta-thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5760
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

Omzinesý wrote: 16 Mar 2023 17:18 Somebody else may have already said.
When I try to post a new message, I get a note 'The page does not work'. When I reload the message has been send anyways. I saw that somebody had doubleposted so I think I am not the only one with the problem. That has been happening for a while.
I, too, encounter similar issues.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Me, too.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Creyeditor wrote: 16 Mar 2023 19:35
Me, too.
And I. Ich auch. Moi aussi. Yo tambien.

I didn’t mention it before because I thought the not-getting-notified issue was worse.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Creyeditor wrote: 16 Mar 2023 19:35
Me, too.
And I. Ich auch. Moi aussi. Yo tambien.

I didn’t mention it before because I thought the not-getting-notified issue was worse.

Edit: See? It just happened again!
sangi39

Post by sangi39 »

I've been getting this now for, I think, a couple of weeks maybe. I assumed it was just a problem on my end [:P]

This page isn’t working
cbbforum.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

sangi39 wrote: 14 Mar 2023 00:08 I don't know if anyone else has gotten this recently, but I've not been getting notifications for new posts in threads that I'm subscribed to on the Board

For example, I'm subscribed to most of the Quick Questions threads on the forum, so I'd hop on a couple of times a day, and usually I'd have a new notification or two each time. Recently, though, I've noticed that several of these threads are being posted in, but I'm not getting notifications

I'm still getting notification for being quoted in threads, just not for threads being posted in. Has anyone else noticed this as well?
Also looks like I might not be getting notifications for being quoted

I am still getting them for PMs though
Just one time.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Today there were several new posts to threads I have subscribed to, and several to threads I have bookmarked, and a few to threads where I’ve both subscribed and bookmarked.
Today I received no notifications at all!
WTF is going on?