Weird Dream Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
LinguistCat
sinic
sinic

Re: Weird Dream Thread

Post by LinguistCat »

It's interesting that while your dream is obviously Bible based, the rat and the ox are the first two animals in Chinese astrology.
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis »

elemtilas wrote: 12 Mar 2021 17:30 In search of the apple pie no doubt!
[xD]
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 72,500 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis »

LinguistCat wrote: 12 Mar 2021 20:32 It's interesting that while your dream is obviously Bible based, the rat and the ox are the first two animals in Chinese astrology.
I was thinking about that after I woke up. A combination of cultural traditions, as my dreams often are. The Year of the Ox was big news when it began earlier in 2021.

I was thinking of making that into a Kankonian creation myth, changing Adam to Khari, the first male human on Kankonia, but then I remembered that the Kankonians had never domesticated the cow, so ancient Kankonians wouldn't've known about oxen. Maybe it can be a creation myth on some other planet with a human bioswath . . . or maybe a culture on Damta.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 72,500 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

Mar 16

We were being driven across a bridge perhaps about thirty miles long, enclosed on all four sides, but made of a metallic lattice material such that the surrounding ocean water was visible on all four sides. It looked something like http://pabappa.com/pics/fish/tuxie.jpg and http://pabappa.com/pics/fish/tuxie2.jpg but was the same on all sides. But the person who had set up our trip had hired a chef to drive the vehicle, and he clearly was not up to the job.

Twice within the dream we ended up on top of the bridge ... that is to say, we were on top of the tube, such that if we drove too far to one side we would fall into the ocean. The first time, he was also going backwards at the time, and I remember thinking of it as happening three times because during his first attempt to get us back inside the tube he actually got us even further off course and almost ran into the water.

The dream passed into a stage where I was complaining with the other passengers about his driving skills, and it was revealed he had been hired by a woman .... though not his wife or any close relative of his .... solely because he was a very good cook, and had apparently worked in space at some point and used that as his qualification for how to drive the vehicle. We had thus arrived safely, although somewhat late, and didn't want to return to our homes in the same manner.

This may have been the same dream that later involved a sort of card game, in which various people were being mentioned, two of whom were notorious for hating the other characters, including each other. One of them with the name Mel___ was being described as being the worst, and he could not understand the metaphor of backstabbing, as he presented the other unlovable person with a ceramic showing the two of them making friends, with a knife suspended in an area of gelatin surrounding both of them (these were somewhat like lava lamps). Yet the host then moved on and said that neither of them could compare in any way to Romney, by which he meant the real Mitt Romney, who was also a playable character in this card game. Romney was not as interesting as the other two .... he merely had swindled his consitutents out of billions of dollars by accepting bribes from donors, and retained all of this money after his retirement from the Senate. There was an illustration of Romney after he was voted out office, still with his billions of dollars, and the host said "Why can't I drown in this?" because Romney in this particular illustration was being drawn as if to elicit sympathy.

Mar 17
At a Chinese restaurant in a school-like building. I remember being glad that we had two Chinese restaurants on campus, and they were quite different from each other.

This dream was quite long and I wont type it all up here unless I come back to edit this post later .... mostly Im posting this to point out that during the middle of the dream, the computerized menu malfunctioned, turning entirely into Greek. It was a lot like what had happened in this dream, but I was unaware of the irony, and the dream continued on for quite some time after this scene. I remember the exact feeling "I just dreamt about this sort of thing, and now it's happening" .... it shows that in my dreams, I rarely if ever realize that I'm dreaming. And in a few cases, at least with the more mundane dreams, I wake up thinking they were real and don't realize it until hours later.
I'll take the theses, and you can have the thoses.
Evni Öpiu-sä
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Evni Öpiu-sä »

In my dream, my father drove a collision because he saw a shiny Mew (a terribly rare Pokémon) and he had to catch it quickly or it would disappear.
:fin: - C2
:eng: - ranges from A2 to B2
:swe: - ranges from A1 to A2
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I dreamt of going to church and being admired by a group of old friends that I had completely forgotten. Now that I think of it, they might have been strangers posing as old friends, but they found my watch that I lost at the swimming pool and told me that I could probably get it fixed. Also, in my dreams people usually don't speak, but I explicitely remember the Spanish word 'reloj' from this dream.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]