Weird Dream Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Dormouse559

Re: Weird Dream Thread

Post by Dormouse559 »

I was playing an arcade game that looked like Galaga inside an arcade, but the screen was entirely filled with enemy ships, and it was called Atari. I went outside with a companion, maybe two (my dad at some point joined me and my companion, or my companion became my dad). We were in San Francisco in the daytime. As we walked we met a giant tooth that had a working face and could move around. It was sad because, as my friend lamented, it had lost its brain. This had happened when something had knocked off a large part of the tooth. That area was visible as a dark smudge like dirt on its enamel. My companion was upset because the tooth had recovered its brain, but put it in its stomach instead of in its head. We might have somehow gotten its brain into the right place, making it happy again.

After that, my dad, grandfather and I walked around. It became apparent that my grandfather was upset about his balding head and gray hair, and my dad went away for a moment. I secretly followed him. He went to a house where a woman ran a hair-dyeing business. He left to get Grandpa, and I stayed behind. The front door had a list of services stuck to it in the form of magnets, then the woman who owned the business came out and began taking the magnets off the door. After she finished, I went inside to ask if the business was closed. I found the woman, who was middle-aged and sitting in a armchair knitting. When I asked my question, I put my arm around her shoulders and addressed her as “Granny.” She calmly but firmly rebuked me for calling her that, and I apologized. She asked about my house and what kind of door a specific room there had. The name she used was unfamiliar, and I had trouble understanding what she meant at first. I eventually decided she meant my living room and said it had no doors. At that time, the doorbell rang; my dad had gotten back to the store with my grandfather. The woman opened the door (my father smiled at me when he saw I was already there) and asked what my father wanted. He said he wanted her to dye my grandfather’s hair so that it looked natural and masculine. She took my father and me to the back of the shop and had us change our shirts. My alarm rang, and I woke up.
Bristel
sinic
sinic

Post by Bristel »

Can't get into details (I've forgotten the fine details), but my dream last night was some kind of ungodly mixture of SimCity, Minecraft, a Breakfast Club remake film, a snakelike monster that buried itself into the earth and upon defeat left behind treasures, a girl who was possessed with demons, and another demon man who had 4 arms and 4 legs.

It was a cool dream up until my friend and I defeated the "Naga" and were attacked by the scary baleful girl and her limb-ful friend.
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīqua cupiditāte illectus hōc agō.
[tiː.mɔ.tʉɥs god.lɐf hɑwk]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Bristel wrote: Breakfast Club
Don't you forget about me...

a girl who was possessed with demons,
Is this person someone you know/are acquainted with?

If you had to pick a character from a film or cartoon,
which character would she look most like?

What tipped you off that she was possessed and not just, say, supremely evil?

Was she blocky (like Minecraft), smoother cgi (like Simcity) or "real"?
and another demon man who had 4 arms and 4 legs.
Was he holding anything in his hands?
What color was his skin?

It was a cool dream up until my friend and I defeated the "Naga" and were attacked by the scary baleful girl and her limb-ful friend.
Damn surprise-ender bosses [}:(]

Bristel wrote: Breakfast Club
[+1]
Bristel
sinic
sinic

Post by Bristel »

The girl was not an acquaintance, my dreams rarely detail people I don't know that clearly, but she was short, with maybe wavy black hair. Maybe she looked a bit like the Hex Maniac class of trainers from Pokémon X and Y.

I don't know if she was possessed or just evil. I went with possessed when I woke up and recalled the dream.

People or things weren't necessarily in the Minecraft or SimCity rendering styles, just certain aspects of the game worlds (flying around, some blockiness of the cave, chests, being able to check the "zoning" of an area à la SimCity, the Naga was something I've seen in a Minecraft mod pack). I'd say everything else was "real" fidelity. The people of the "Breakfast Club" remake were all real human looking to me.

The 8 limbed man was not holding anything, just attacking me by wildly flailing and crawling about. The color of his skin was probably Caucasian. :P

(Yeah, I know, fuckin end boss surprises, just as I was able to get rid of the Naga and the girl, the limby freak had to pop out.)
[bɹ̠ˤʷɪs.təɫ]
Nōn quālibet inīqua cupiditāte illectus hōc agō.
[tiː.mɔ.tʉɥs god.lɐf hɑwk]
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

You can dream about people you see everyday on the streets, not neccessarily anyone you know.

Reminds me when I had a dream where I was running backwards being chased by weird vampire people who wore leather suits like they were Hellraiser characters, sadly there was no Pinhead. And before you ask, know I diodn't know what they looks looked like, though I had the "feeling" they may have had skin like Freddy Kruegers, not sure. There was one female of these vampire people though...

Initially it was first person, but eventually it had the appearance like I was in some sort of videogame like Temple Run, only the "camera" of my dreams was slanted I geuss 45 degrees to the left, and not front facing. There was this guy with his arms outstretched that would come in from behind me time to time, I of course, jumped over every time.
Again I was running in a direction *backwards*.

Then I somehow end up in a playground sandbox-like town square where there were people surrounding an elephant about as tall as my knees. Then I woke up.

It's nowhere near as weird as Yestersday's dream where I was confronted by a demonic grey goat that was apparently speaking my conlang in a demonic voice, I was too speaking my conlang, but not in a demonic voice.
None of the words exist, but it "felt" like my conlang Vrkhazhian.
It said something weird and random though... can't remember what...
"People on the moon spy apples and call them Freddies"?

Then it apparently rammed me for no reason and I woke up.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Ahzoh wrote: a demonic grey goat that was apparently speaking my conlang in a demonic voice
Have vou been playing or do you know about the Goat Simulator?
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Egerius wrote:
Ahzoh wrote: a demonic grey goat that was apparently speaking my conlang in a demonic voice
Have vou been playing or do you know about the Goat Simulator?
What's that?
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Ahzoh wrote:What's that?
Hac cabra. No joke, it's real.
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Ahzoh wrote:I was confronted by a demonic grey goat that was apparently speaking my conlang in a demonic voice, I was too speaking my conlang, but not in a demonic voice.
I already dreamed in English (not my L1) and Japanese (and i'm pretty sure it was all nonsense), but one dreaming in its own conlang takes foreign language dreaming to a whole new level
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

What’s your L1? Japanese?

And yeah, I often dream in English despite my L1 is Croatian.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

Portuguese. Normal dreaming material, didn't even mention it. I am pretty sure my Japanese dreaming was nonsense mainly because i'm not fluent in Japanese yet.
Click wrote:And yeah, I often dream in English despite my L1 is Croatian.
Yeah, exactly.
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

loglorn wrote:
Ahzoh wrote:I was confronted by a demonic grey goat that was apparently speaking my conlang in a demonic voice, I was too speaking my conlang, but not in a demonic voice.
I already dreamed in English (not my L1) and Japanese (and i'm pretty sure it was all nonsense), but one dreaming in its own conlang takes foreign language dreaming to a whole new level
I know right?
I think it's cool!
Also, I am not an it!
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

You could as well be a bot.
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

I once dreamt in my conlang, Polish and Latin. It was weird. Like Harry Potter and his angry Aunt or something. I still remember most of the dream which is at least three months old.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Ahzoh wrote:
loglorn wrote:
I know right?
I think it's cool!
Also, I am not an it!
Congrats for not being an "it", and for recalling that you used your own :con: in a dream.
See if you can answer the following questions about the dream.

Was there anyone else in the dream with you and the goat-demon?

Where did this conversation take place?

What sorts of actions were you and the goat-demon engaged in (arguing, fighting, casting a spell together)?

How was your dream-self's mood (e.g. anxious, irritated, calm, heroic, angry) ?

How was the goat-demon's mood?

How were you speaking your :con: -
hastily, slowly, chantingly, repeatedly, haltingly, out loud, softly?

How did the goat-demon speak in :con: ?

Do you remember anything of what the goat-demon said in :con: ?

Write down ANY THREE words in :con: you remember hearing from the goat-demon:

Did it use words that the real you were unfamiliar with, but which seemed to make sense to the dream-you?

Do you recall anything of your dream-self's utterances in :con: ?

Write down ANY THREE words in :con: you remember hearing from your dream-self:

Did your dream-self use :con: words that were unfamiliar to the real you, but which seemed to make sense to the dream-you?

[:)]
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Egerius wrote:I once dreamt in my conlang, Polish and Latin. It was weird. Like Harry Potter and his angry Aunt or something. I still remember most of the dream which is at least three months old.
Impressive for recalling that you used your own :con: in a dream.

Was there anyone else in the dream with you?

Where did this conversation take place?

What sorts of actions were you engaged in ?

How was your dream-self's mood (e.g. anxious, irritated, calm, heroic, angry) ?

How were you speaking your :con: -
hastily, slowly, chantingly, repeatedly, haltingly, out loud, softly?

Do you recall anything of your dream-self's utterances in :con: ?

Write down ANY THREE words in you remember hearing from your dream-self:

Did your dream-self use words that were unfamiliar to the real you, but which seemed to make sense to the dream-you?
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Lambuzhao wrote:
Egerius wrote:I once dreamt in my conlang, Polish and Latin. It was weird. Like Harry Potter and his angry Aunt or something. I still remember most of the dream which is at least three months old.
Impressive for recalling that you used your own :con: in a dream.

(1) Was there anyone else in the dream with you?

(2) Where did this conversation take place?

(3) What sorts of actions were you engaged in ?

(4) How was your dream-self's mood (e.g. anxious, irritated, calm, heroic, angry) ?

(4) How were you speaking your :con: - hastily, slowly, chantingly, repeatedly, haltingly, out loud, softly?

(5) Do you recall anything of your dream-self's utterances in :con: ?

(6) Write down ANY THREE words in you remember hearing from your dream-self:

(7) Did your dream-self use words that were unfamiliar to the real you, but which seemed to make sense to the dream-you?
Short recap:
(The first two sentences happened really - just with me as the victim. The rest is fiction.)

My brother finally could use my aunt's laptop, because our little cousin was using/blocking it all the day (we're in the dining room, BTW).
My brother used it for five minutes, as our aunt came and said: "This thing needs a break!", shut the laptop off and my brother went off pretty pissed.
I stood up and said: "But my brother was online for, like, five minutes! Our cousin was playing all the freaking day!" (All in Polish)
Then I and my aunt had an argument, I accused her like my dad would do, said "Lo/ li mandrhás!" (You'll leave him! in Romanz) twice as she shouted and I drew a(n) HP-like wand and we had a duel in the garden behind the house.
My aunt was constantly trying to Avarda kadavra me and I always defeated her with the spell "Demándo patrónum" (instead of Expecto patronum), which threw a wolf or a chinchilla at her.

Then I woke up.
gach
MVP
MVP

Post by gach »

This morning I dreamt of a camera and monitor device that lets you look forward when having to walk sideways while carrying long objects. In the dream this was demonstrated to be very good for the safety when doing the carrying in narrow winding corridors. Fair enough, this seemed logical, but why not just look where you are going?

Another great dream I had a while ago featured a boy sitting on the passenger seat of a pick-up and looking through the rear window at a magpie on the back of the car. The boy tried to communicate with the magpie by holding written messages in the window. This made the magpie a bit dumbfounded and it finally reached with its wing a sing of its own reading "I can't read".
ImageKištaLkal sikSeic
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Post by DesEsseintes »

I dreamt I was online using some webpage I found to type ı̨, yet no matter how many times I tried, the ogonek always displayed detached from the bottom of the ı, causing much frustration.

I think I should take a break from conlanging...
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

In a dream I had, some people were commenting on a man's appearance, calling it "faded". They also said it in dream-French, so called because the word they used was "moulant", which actually means "tight-fitting". Where did that come from?