Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Other Creativity

Post by qwed117 »

Spoiler:
Foolster41 wrote:I've never shared my painting here, have I? I've started painting miniatures. I've been doing it for almost a year now. Sadly I'm not very good at it, their a bit sloppy and the paint kind of cracks.

(They are huge and no way to scale here (no timg tag), so you'll have to see them in the album)

The rest of them are in an album here

I also did some building for a foam sword. It's not quite finished yet, but this is what I have so far:

(Sorry so big. The table's not mine, it's a friend I met through the foam sword fighting group)
Could you make the pictures smaller, they way too large
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
Foolster41
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Foolster41 »

qwed117 wrote: Could you make the pictures smaller, they way too large
There, I made them smaller, though it's later instances of the images, so quotes of the originals won't be changed.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Foolster41 wrote:I've never shared my painting here, have I? I've started painting miniatures. I've been doing it for almost a year now. Sadly I'm not very good at it, their a bit sloppy and the paint kind of cracks.
Spoiler:
(They are huge and no way to scale here (no timg tag), so you'll have to see them in the album)

The rest of them are in an album here

I also did some building for a foam sword. It's not quite finished yet, but this is what I have so far:
Spoiler:
E: Made them smaller
I think they look quite impressive!
Foolster41
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Foolster41 »

shimobaatar wrote: I think they look quite impressive!
Thanks! :)
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Spoiler:
The colored version of an older pic of mine
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

I can't show any of it as it's sound, but I've been working on a set of piano pieces that I'm going to arrange for a string quarted and then a small orchestra and keep going until I have Symphony No. 1... Classical composition is really hard [xP]
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

OTheB wrote:I can't show any of it as it's sound, but I've been working on a set of piano pieces that I'm going to arrange for a string quarted and then a small orchestra and keep going until I have Symphony No. 1... Classical composition is really hard [xP]
OuO! nice (:

speaking of music composition, I have ever thought to design a kind of notation that uses only ASCII symbols and thus is easy to be used online...
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

k1234567890y wrote:
OTheB wrote:I can't show any of it as it's sound, but I've been working on a set of piano pieces that I'm going to arrange for a string quarted and then a small orchestra and keep going until I have Symphony No. 1... Classical composition is really hard [xP]
OuO! nice (:

speaking of music composition, I have ever thought to design a kind of notation that uses only ASCII symbols and thus is easy to be used online...
You've designed one? If so please do show and tell.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

(from other thread)
Aszev wrote:Share and discuss awesome flags, flag designs, and flag policies!

New Mexico simply has an awesome looking design.
HA! Complete grokkage achieved [:D]

Well, after I cooked some truly tasteable verdolagas con huevos y salsa, my son made a victory/excellence/sublime bliss motion with his hands in the form of a bird...
Spoiler:
Y'know, like Russell from Up! and General Monger from Monsters vs Aliens.

It got me thinking, 'Hey, that might be an interesting symbol for a flag. A red and golden-yellow flag, similar to :us-nm: and :cat: and :vie2:

Luckily, after some snipe-hunting on the 'Net,

I have come up with not one but two flag designs, with I think I will use for United Vdao and Zahaas.:

I am partial to the second one, but who knows...

[:P]

Still partial to the second for the Vdaon Republic. I may use the first for the Union of Vdau and Zahaas (?)
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

(moved from another thread)
Another flag long overdue is the tricolor Flag of Rozwiland.

I have two versions below. First is the more traditional Triune Triocolor Flag:

where each moon represents one of the three major Kelikens: Carga Nor to the west, Hozwe to the northeast and Kepquai to the south. Carga Nor is also the religious capital for the Rozwi pagan pantheon (though each deity has his/her own special sacred town or city), Kepquai is the religious centre for Ozayoughadism, and Hozwe is the capital for the Divine Doctrine of the One True Faith.

The next flag was adopted after the Nomalization of Tirga {which I think occurred in approx. Çarak year 2149 .

In it, the eight stars represent the Nomes of Rozwiland: Omeg Ha, Hozwe, Daqa'a Zi, Kepquai, Re'ge, Virrin, Carga Nor and Mundanè.

Hooray for Rozwiland!
:mrgreen:
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

The last banner/escutcheon/coat of arms/sigil is that of Yawbeth Major.

Funnily, the motto around the inside rim is supposed to read

:con: Iveriki

HЭZƷ ΘЭΥ HЭZƷ ꞚAƷZλЭΥƷ ΗѠӬΜ ЭΘИΥ

One God, One King, One People

But MS-Word Art had a complete hissy-fit with the Avdira font, and I cannot insert nor rotate the 'one king'.
So, what happens?

Yawbeth Major (via modern technology) defenestrates its consitutional monarchy in one fell swoop [xP]

HЭZƷ ΘЭΥ ΗѠӬΜ ЭΘИΥ

One God , One People

And becomes a good-fearing Laic Democracy!! [;)]

Hooray for Yawbeth!

PS: The bipedal simurgh-peafowl-cockatrice in the middle has a special name, Digaor (pl. Digaorum) or huvni in Rozwi. It is, however, the theriomorphic representation of the ruxinjiliqš, which are the Doctrinist and Ozayoughadist archangels. In pictorial representations of the Divine Throne of Holy Wisdom, the Throne is flanked by two of these, though legends say they are myriad in number.
Last edited by Lambuzhao on 31 Jul 2016 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Excellent work, Lambuzhao!
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

Several music videos made by me about 3 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqmwFSOKA_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oebd5HmaZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWnX2MpOjI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux8SaF9RXwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKZwKvpNLxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh2XEvNsWlc

the songs were not composed by me, these songs were Slovak folk songs, I have ever made songs from other cultural areas, maybe I should continue?
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

I truly have come full circle.

Today I made a sort of decent (partly from memory, partly from a pic on an auncient postcard) flag of King of Prussia, which, I ween, is based on the old Flag of Prussia:

I liked the elongated, almost swanlike s-curve of the neck of the bird (an eagle?). The bird reminds me of the Ukrainian tryzub (trident). The deep cobalt blue and white field with the touch of old gold in the crown is really nice to me.
I made a newer version, using a phoenix as the bird, and without the baubles/coins on the crown:

It doesn't have the gentle s-curve of the neck, but me likey. [:)]
I am defs using this for some kingdom on Tirga...hmmmm.... [;)]

Oh yes... why I have come full-circle. Well, this flag flew at the King of Prussia Plaza (now Mall), the sprawling Basilica to the Almighty Dollar, rife with money changers, shillers, cramers, and mongers.

Nowadays, I avoid that place like the plague (which is easy b/c, as of ca. 1990, there has never been sufficient parking). Wasted way too many quarters in the Spaceport Arcade there. [B)]

Oh, and apparently, the Mall (specifically the Court, I think) is one of the locations in M. Nox Shalayman's new flick Split. I think he touches on a (sub)urban legend about freakies who live behind the walls of the mall and steal unsuspecting mall-rats for all sorts of ultra-violence. Whooo, creeples!

But I saw the flag waving on a postcard, and I thought I'd give it a wing.
Last edited by Lambuzhao on 28 Jul 2016 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Fantastic as always, Lambuzhao!
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Graçi mulde tãde, amique!
Tænchej Ðj, Vfœnter!

:mrgreen:
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Lambuzhao wrote:But I saw the flag waving on a postcard, and I thought I'd give it a wing.
This postcard?

Anyway, the original looks like a bat hanging from a crown. I like New And Improved!!!!!! version better!
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

elemtilas wrote:
Lambuzhao wrote:But I saw the flag waving on a postcard, and I thought I'd give it a wing.
This postcard?
The very one!

Anyway, the original looks like a bat hanging from a crown.
{Johnny, what can you make of this escutcheon?}
A goose...or a stork... or a Quetzalcoatlus... dangling from the crown.
[xP]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oAQOvOEXY

The beak had more of a teardrop/gentle hook like Mrs. Partridge's partridge in the intro to The Partridge Family.

It bears more tinkering.
I like New And Improved!!!!!! version better!
It certainly is closer to the (supposed) original. [;)]
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

I made a new profile picture that's confusing to look at. I might put some anti-aliasing on it though as it has really hard edges as I did it pixel by pixel
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

OTheB wrote:I made a new profile picture that's confusing to look at. I might put some anti-aliasing on it though as it has really hard edges as I did it pixel by pixel
It is a bit confusing to look at, but I like it, and it sounds like you put a good deal of work into it.