Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
elemtilas
runic
runic

Re: Other Creativity

Post by elemtilas »

Torco wrote: 13 Mar 2021 20:50 Heyy... I'm not super into progrock but this is banging! I wish my computer ran the new flight sim, or hell even KSP! it gives me that kind of vibe.
Concur!
Vlürch
sinic
sinic

Post by Vlürch »

Sounds comfy! I can imagine floating in space listening to this, but not necessarily in a spaceship or anything but maybe just as well as an alien that can survive without oxygen and withstand the conditions, without caring about what kind of a planet it eventually ends up drifting to... for some reason I always think of stupid things like that when I listen to music and think of what it makes me think of. [:$] Anyway, the balance between "organic-sounding" and "mechanical-sounding" is just right if that makes sense, really clean all around without sounding robotic. Reminds me a bit of Keoma (especially their EP "Otvot's Orbit"), which is great. Even though it's instrumental, it doesn't feel like it's missing vocals like a lot of instrumental rock/metal often does imho.

What do you do in the band? Sorry for asking such a stupid question...

Since I never noticed this thread before, but it exists, so I guess it might be fine if I post some of my music as well?

Here's one song from my latest album, and here's another. The first is kinda proggy black metal with (slight) influences from Indian classical music and a few ambient parts with nature sounds. The second is mostly typical black/death metal. Instruments other than guitar, bass and electric harp (taishōgoto) are just soundfonts and VST's. Not linking the full album because I kinda regret the order of the songs lol.
cedh
MVP
MVP

Post by cedh »

Thanks a lot for this feedback, I'm glad you like it!
Vlürch wrote: 13 Mar 2021 21:55 What do you do in the band? Sorry for asking such a stupid question...
Well, there are only four instruments in the band, and two of them are of the same type [:D]
I play the guitar (on 90% of this album it's the one on the left ear).
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis »

I think these creatures would listen to music like Cedh's! I like it!

It reminded me of M83, a band I love. [<3] Cedh, were you inspired by any dream-pop?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 72,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

I just spent 12 hours straight (though the night) making this

I've been finding a lot of the melodic parts of my writing seem to convey a sense of yearning (to me at least), so I made this one about friends and partners that live far away and the various feelings that come with it, like loneliness and desperation, but also hope and perseverance.

... I couldn't figure out a better way of wording that that didn't sound pretentious [:D] it's fun sounds for your ear holes (if you're into this kind of stuff). My style is like electronic-y dubstep-y stuff but with some flashy music theory mixed in to keep things interesting.
website | music | they/she | :con: current
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

mira wrote: 25 Apr 2021 11:06 I just spent 12 hours straight (though the night) making this

I've been finding a lot of the melodic parts of my writing seem to convey a sense of yearning (to me at least), so I made this one about friends and partners that live far away and the various feelings that come with it, like loneliness and desperation, but also hope and perseverance.

... I couldn't figure out a better way of wording that that didn't sound pretentious [:D] it's fun sounds for your ear holes (if you're into this kind of stuff). My style is like electronic-y dubstep-y stuff but with some flashy music theory mixed in to keep things interesting.
Well, you certainly woke my cat up! :mrgreen: