Other Creativity

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Other Creativity

Post by Khemehekis »

vampireshark wrote: 02 Aug 2021 20:36 Also, in less creative (though maybe still pretty) things, this just went online.
So you're really a Larry? Cool. Like larryrl or Larry Rogers!
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

vampireshark wrote: 02 Aug 2021 14:08While true, the photo generator I have available and used for the TEF 5 and 10 notes is perhaps a bit restricted with the clothing and appearance options, though I specifically went for some more "neutral" hairstyles and appearances that tried not to scream "too modern"... but, well, you're talking to someone who was born in 1990, so my reference point is perhaps a bit too recent.
As someone who will probably have fictional people who he wants to put faces to at some point, may I ask what generator you use?

And that liquid crystal photo is mesmerizing. I immediately thought of a chameleon when I saw it.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Khemehekis wrote: 02 Aug 2021 22:47
vampireshark wrote: 02 Aug 2021 20:36 Also, in less creative (though maybe still pretty) things, this just went online.
So you're really a Larry? Cool. Like larryrl or Larry Rogers!
Indeed. Named after my grandfather, in fact! Though the difference is that he was "Larry", and my legal first name is "Lawrence", which was deliberately chosen so that I'd have something more "formal" to appear on my degree certificates... but there was never a thought that I'd end up in French-speaking countries for extended periods.
Dormouse559 wrote: 03 Aug 2021 00:51 As someone who will probably have fictional people who he wants to put faces to at some point, may I ask what generator you use?
I use one called "MetaHuman Creator", which is designed for the game industry and not too hard to use. (It's also free for noncommercial purposes and under certain other things with their license.)

Though I made an easy fix to the banknotes: struck the dates, so no pinpointing eras.
Dormouse559 wrote: 03 Aug 2021 00:51 And that liquid crystal photo is mesmerizing. I immediately thought of a chameleon when I saw it.
Same here, especially the top half. As bonus points, it's from a somewhat failed experiment.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna,
I'll be wearing a river's disguise;
The hyacinth wild on my shoulder,
My mouth on the dew of your thigh...

Looking for subjects to appear on banknotes. Inquire within.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Your face mask is very azure mullety argent.

Are you from Washington or Sunderland West or Tyne and Wear or Durham County?

…..

Anyway; very enjoyable piece of music!
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

vampireshark wrote: 03 Aug 2021 14:34 Indeed. Named after my grandfather, in fact! Though the difference is that he was "Larry", and my legal first name is "Lawrence", which was deliberately chosen so that I'd have something more "formal" to appear on my degree certificates... but there was never a thought that I'd end up in French-speaking countries for extended periods.
Ah non ! Quel dommage ! [xD]

Thank you for sharing the generator! I’ll look into it [:)]
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

eldin raigmore wrote: 04 Aug 2021 05:28
Your face mask is very azure mullety argent.

Are you from Washington or Sunderland West or Tyne and Wear or Durham County?
I'm am not. I'm much further south west. I just liked the pretty stars,,,, also it's a little large so it hides loads of my horrible face which I like! [:D]
Anyway; very enjoyable piece of music!
I'm very glad you enjoyed it!
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

i redrew the borders of the 50 states to my own liking, corresponding to the National Weather Services' forecast regional boundaries.

Image (edit: if the image doesnt show up, the link will still work)

This is a project that stands by itself, not part of any conworld, though I could whip up an electoral map just for fun to see how things would play out with the new borders. CA, FL, and TX are all broken up, but New York remains and may in fact be the most populous state now.

I favored Native American names except in the West, including some names I'd never heard of before.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
When I see you pointing at me, I know I'm in trouble. (Play)
Backstroke_Italics
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Backstroke_Italics »

I love it. I'm a sucker for an electoral map, so if you ever get around to it, please post it.

Meanwhile, I made a blog where I review newly published books by first-time authors. It's mostly an exercise in masochism.
I did it. I made the world's worst book blog.
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

So my intention was to only post the one musical thing because I didn't want to feel like I was just plastering my music wherever I could, but I felt the need to make an exception for this one because I think it actually has some relevance to this place because the lyrics are in a conlang!

Not one of my own unfortunately (maybe one day; that would be cool). The lyrics for this are in ✨Toki Pona✨

Same deal as before: loud electronic noises, only I've learned plenty more about production since the last one so this one's considerably louder than the previous one. Also forgive the vocal mixing; I'm really not that experienced with it (this is probably like the 3rd time I've mixed vocals), I can't sing, and I needed it to not sound like me for cringe-mitigation reasons [:)]

Enjoy! <3
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Vlürch
greek
greek

Post by Vlürch »

mira wrote: 23 Sep 2021 03:36Enjoy! <3
Sounds cool! The vocals don't sound at all bad to my ears, they fit the track just fine how they are. Maybe a little bit "dry" and low in the mix at times, but of course vocals don't always have to be front and centre anyway. The drums are very punchy, which is nice, and the synth sounds are just as good as those used by big electronic artists. It's also catchy, like, I bet it'll pop up in my head occasionally as an earworm and I'll drive myself crazy wondering what song it is haha.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

I like money.
Spoiler:

eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Looks a little bit like a Varo commercial!

But more artistic.
vampireshark
sinic
sinic

Post by vampireshark »

Behold: more money.
Spoiler:
Also, on a more scientific note, I designed some cover art for a recent publication that got accepted as a supplementary journal cover for that issue.
Spoiler:

Salmoneus
MVP
MVP

Post by Salmoneus »

This doesn't really qualify as 'creativity', but if anybody's interested in F1, and tomorrow's title decider, I went down a rabbit hole and pulled together a run-down of all the previous F1 title deciders (don't worry, only a short paragraph each!). It may be of interest to somebody; it probably won't be.
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

a test of digital engraving...
(the final version was lost at the end of 2021 during a hd crash...)
SLiV
sinic
sinic

Post by SLiV »

Last week I made a little space horror gamejam game called You Will Return.

It's about space explorers who return to their home planet after thousands of years, only to find the place completely barren. The only remaining structure is an underground vault whose walls and floor are covered in the symbols of an old language. They hope to find some way to discover what happened to their ancestors by translating these messages, but it seems something predatorial is still alive inside.

Image Image Image

I'm really pleased with it, especially the core concept:
Spoiler:
It's a nuclear waste storage facility a la Yucca Mountain, and the messages are warnings to stay away.
I expect some of you here to pick up on that quite fast, but for the general public it might be too subtle, even after the reveal. Oh well.

To keep the game accessible and to make the story work, all the translations are scripted. And because I only had a week, I kept it linguistically very simple: it's an isolating SVO mush of Dutch, English and French words (the source contains such beauties as "LOC DIT X NEG MORT HOUD LOC" and "WY BOX DIT LYK VEILIG") with a custom alphabet, written right to left. And the glyphs on the floor are gibberish.
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating
Lorik
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Lorik »

SLiV wrote: 25 Jan 2022 18:28 Last week I made a little space horror gamejam game called You Will Return.
Very nice game! Took me 87 tries to finish it.
Native: :bra: | Fluent: :eng: :fra: | Intermediate: :rus:
SLiV
sinic
sinic

Post by SLiV »

Thanks!
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating
aliencadaver
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by aliencadaver »

Results of today's art practice! This is one of the characters from the story that I'm building my conworld and conlang for - her name is Orisai (full name Orisai VII Ilisaf). Her glowing freckles are natural, her horns and eyes (+ brows) are body modifications, and the eye glow is just something fun I was drawing for dramatic effect. Time spent on this was about two hours.

Last edited by aliencadaver on 23 Feb 2022 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Image Image have you read something weird today? Image Image ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
lsd
greek
greek

Post by lsd »

an attempt to write the name of my conlang on a tablet...