What kind of conlanger are you?

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Re: What kind of conlanger are you?

Post by Khemehekis »

Torco wrote: 28 Jun 2021 08:25
Khemehekis wrote: 28 Jun 2021 08:02
Torco wrote: 28 Jun 2021 06:29
So these people are saying that the majority of conlangers don't even plan to stick with their languages? They make, scrap, make, scrap, make conlangs for fun?
me tbh
Hmmmm. Are you going to scrap your wonderful elephant-people someday?
uwu!

I don't so much scrap as... shelf, i suppose. the slon are part of the first mayor conworld I built, which I still visit sometimes. I always think I'll someday collate and systematize that old place, but I never end up doing so. It was cool, with month-long days and engineered religions.
Someday . . .

It's been a while since I worked on the Hitans or the Mensinghians.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 78,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Khemehekis
runic
runic

Post by Khemehekis »

Whatever happened to Marduk? He joined and posted for one day in May of 2021 then he hasn't signed in since.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 78,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
tikoo
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by tikoo »

I am a loyalist it seems. I learned aUI from Weilgart and then after 3 years began to amend it. It needed logical corrections no matter his genius. It's still coherent with his form and linguistic theory. My work is settled, and I'll make no further advancement. I have known his students and have students of my own. When they are interested to ask of it, I tell them my work has no authority. It may be further amended. Also, I connected with his daughters. They did not like that I messed with their genius father's project. They only asked I offer an originality of perspective and expression otherwise we would have copyright troubles. It is a 3S language. Weilgart did not invent this. It's very old. It's reasonable to be loyal to it since it's still useful and alive in the world mind.

This old way of language is relational to baby babble as well to trance religious tongues. It has a priori elements. I amended the aUI with respect.
Znex
roman
roman

Post by Znex »

Znex wrote: 14 Aug 2013 15:06 I'm relatively new to conlanging, having only really thought about doing it in the past few months, however it seems to me that I'm becoming a filler.

I already have three main proto-languages in mind for my conworld:
Whelp that didn't last for very long!

I'm very much a scrapper, with maybe bits of perfectionist.
:eng: : [tick] | :grc: : [:|] | :chn: :isr: :wls: : [:S] | :deu: :ell: :rus: : [:x]
Conlangs: Hawntow, misc.
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

I'm a perfectionist/filmstabber.

I started conlanging 13 years ago with a language called Andish. That went through three complete overhauls over the next five years (the third version was renamed to Teremazhi). Then I worked on Redentran for a couple years, tossed it, and did another revision of Teremazhi. After that, I spent another couple years working on Bwángxùd. Then I resurrected Teremazhi as a once-again fully rewritten language now called Atili, which is in its third major revision.

I've also dabbled with several "future English" conlangs, but none of these have made it much past phonology.
Creator of Image Redentran
Creator of Image Bwángxùd
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Titus Flavius
sinic
sinic

Post by Titus Flavius »

I have changed. I'm now a loyalist and a filmstabber, and a bit of filler.
ω - near-close near-back unrounded vowel.
XIPA
:pol: :mrgreen:
:eng: [:)]
:esp: [:S]
:lat: [:'(]