You

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Runomso
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: You

Post by Runomso »

Alias(es): Runomso I guess [:P]
Date of birth: September 28th
Interests: languages, animes, video games, biology, psychology (a bit)
Favorite music: metalcore
Political ideology: I don't care
Conlangs: Ukiku and some other "unimportant" ones
Other hobbies: drawing, writing; nearly everything that has to do with creativity
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Good question.
native: German
know good: English
learning: Spanish
interested in: Japanese

My conlang: Ukiku
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

DesEsseintes wrote:I wish you a speedy recovery, eldin.
Echoing other posters before me, it's encouraging that you're already posting on here. [:)]
Thanks! Micamo, Thaen, DesEsseintes, et al.
I graduated from "full liquid" to "pureed" a few days ago, and this coming Wednesday I'll graduate from "pureed" to "soft"!
May not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but I'm looking forward to it like a kid looks forward to Christmas.

And:
Welcome, Runomso!
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan

Post by k1234567890y »

eldin raigmore wrote:
DesEsseintes wrote:I wish you a speedy recovery, eldin.
Echoing other posters before me, it's encouraging that you're already posting on here. [:)]
Thanks!
I graduated from "full liquid" to "pureed" a few days ago, and this coming Wednesday I'll graduate from "pureed" to "soft"!
May not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but I'm looking forward to it like a kid looks forward to Christmas.

And:
Welcome, Runomso!
come around soom :)
Runomso wrote:Alias(es): Runomso I guess [:P]
Interests: languages, animes, video games, biology, psychology (a bit)
Favorite music: metalcore
Political ideology: I don't care
Conlangs: Ukiku and some other "unimportant" ones
Other hobbies: drawing, writing; nearly everything that has to do with creativity
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Good question.
Wilkommen beim CBB Forum
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Runomso
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Runomso »

And:
Welcome, Runomso!
come around soom :)
Danke! Thank you very much [:)]

elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

eldin raigmore wrote:Not sure what thread this should go in; I decided on this one, perhaps incorrectly.

I had baryiatric (I know I'm misspelling it; I think my spelling ought to be the correct one) surgery a week ago yesterday morning.
I'm doing just fine now.
Didn't see this earlier, but I also wish you a speedy recovery!
But I was in the hospital a day longer than plan because I had to be intubated and spend the first 24 post-op hours in ICU.

I slept through all the excitement, though. When I recovered consciousness I was peeved by the tube and by having both my wrists bound, but that didn't last long, and after I was extubated and my right wrist was unbound I felt fine.
Okay -- this explains the sign language proposal in the other thread! A little personal experience here. I guess between us (you patient me nurse), we've got both sides covered, then. [;)]
Here's what happened (I'm just assuming someone is interested):

I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure.
Not a good combination, to be sure. I'm sure we all hope this procedure will help get you to the point where neither of these will so much of a concern!
I was my surgeon's second procedure that day; his first patient had multiple procedures and complications and the surgery went on for two and a half hours longer than planned.
It happens. I certainly don't mean to be flippant -- but sometimes things go wrong, and the next person in line has to wait. It's never a pleasant wait; and I certainly hope your hospital had some kind of liason that could let you know what's keeping your surgeon away!
Hospitals put a lot of fluid in surgical patients pre-op.
They certainly give "some" -- without knowing how much you got, it would be difficult for me to say whether or not you got "too much" or whether or not the amount was appopriate.

Keep in mind, though, that you had nothing to eat or drink since midnight the night before -- and most people do not wait til 1145pm to bolt down that last steak and potatoes with a couple litres of coke! Most people come to the hospital already fasting a good twelve hours. If the case before you is going long, then you'd easily be pushing 15 hours without so much as a sip of water. The amount of fluid they give you will be determined at least in part by your size as well as time -- it may seem like a lot, but think about how much you'd normally drink between six am and noon -- for me, that could easily be 64 + ounces of fluid. I will say it is always a bit of a heartbreak to have to deny someone a sip of water when they're pretty clearly dying of thirst; or to listen to them beg for a chip of ice to suck on. But eating and drinking before general anaesthesia is a strict no-no. The alternative is extremely horrible: when you put things in your stomach, you turn on all that acid production. Normally this is not a problem, but with the medications they give to you -- muscle relaxants especially -- all that nice acid will just flow right up your esophagus and down into your lungs. Acid and lungs don't get along very well. And, being asleep and completely relaxed, you would have no defense against that -- you wouldn't be able to cough or swallow or anything. And it would just sit in there for hours. Bad joss all around.
So I had 2.5 hours' worth of extra fluid in me when I went under.
I'm hoping they asked, during that time, -- or that you had the sense to ask! -- if you wanted to go use the bathroom! We like to avoid urinary catheters as much as possible (best way to avoid a UTI is to not introduce anything up anyone's urethra if at all possible). But there are other factors that might indicate one in your case.
Having sleep apnea, I reacted to the anesthesia by stopping breathing.
That's as expected. Everyone stops breathing once they start with the meds. But that's what the tube and the ventillator are for: they breathe for you. Sleep apnea certainly makes the process more dangerous: all the extra tissue in the back your throat falls back and makes it much harder for them to see your airway.
Most people's blood-pressure goes up when they stop breathing.
Yes. Other medications are given to stabilize blood pressure. Obviously, some folks react differently, or have a more extreme reaction!
Since I was already hypertensive, my blood-pressure really skyrocketed.

Since I had more fluid in me than was planned for, this pushed fluid into my lungs and I started getting pulmonary edema.

Also, I began to go into diastolic heart failure and/or congestive heart failure.
[:'(] Sorry to hear all that! It's always a sad thing when someone goes in for a surgery designed to help them become healthier; and they end up with another bad problem in stead! That's the scariest thing I've heard you say yet! I hope that you took your b.p. meds that morning (usually hypertension patients are on some kind of diuretic -- that would have helped get rid of some of the fluid); I would also hope that they would have given you something for fluid management during the procedure as well.
Apparently they extubated me one time that I don't remember. My sister, who went with me, says that I woke up (which I think probably overstates my state-of-consciousness at the time).
Yeah. "Waking up" can mean several different things, and being fully conscious and aware really isn't one of them! There are certainly differenlt levels of awareness -- some of your parts may be more aware than others; there are also the effects of medications to think about. If they kept you intubated, they probably also kept you pretty well narcotised. You would have been pretty oblivious to everything. What your sister describes is probably your body kind of waking up. Well before a patient can understand and follow commands, you might have squirmed around a bit, maybe tried to lift your arms up, maybe kicked your legs a bit. Eventually, even when some part of your mind was able to process and follow commands (like "open your eyes" or "open your mouth") You (the person we can actually talk with) might still be quite unaware and would not remember. So yeah, some part of you "woke up", but You might still have been wandering other paths somewhere!
They say I got very agitated because I was still on the verge of pneumonia with the fluid in my lungs so I was re-intubated and knocked back out.
Could be. That could certainly exacerbate. Some people, as I said, react differently to medications; some anaesthesiologists have a little less finesse than others. It is an art as much as or even more than it is a science. Waking up agitated is pretty common -- some people wake up just as smooth as new milk, they pop their eyes open and start talking just as if they never went to sleep (before falling asleep again for another while!); other people wake up swinging their fists and literally trying to jump off the bed. Most people fall somewhere along the continuum in between.
Then I woke up in a lot of discomfort, not because of any of that, but because it felt like the damn urinary catheter wasn't working.
Yep. They are not designed for comfort, really. One effect of having a catheter shoved up there is that you feel like you have to pee all the time; and other is that you can't!
With a tube between your vocal cords you can't make a sound; with a tube between your lips nobody can read your lips.
I don't know of any sign-language where a speaker never needs to move at least one hand; anyway I don't know how to speak a sign-language, though I've been interested in Ameslan (American Sign Language, similar to Danish SL and French SL rather than to British SL).
So the ICU personnel would bring me a pen/pencil and a notepad.
But I couldn't see what I was writing; besides, you can't write very much or very well when you can't move anything above your wrist.
So they never understood what I wrote.
They really should have tried to explain things better, and perhaps a little more frequently. Especially as you were regaining consciousness.
At least they frequently did things to let me know they were still there. I didn't even have a call-button; if they'd been behind my back and silent for too long I'd have panicked. But they didn't let me panic, and that situation (intubated and both wrists bound and no call-button) didn't go on for hours.
That's good at least! I'm sure they had your wrists strapped to keep you from reaching up to grab the tube; and they probably wanted you to be a little more awake before undoing the straps. Even when still not-quite-back-among-the-living, awakening patients can still hear and can still understand. I think they perhaps could have done better to explain and reassure, verbally, even if you aren't quite able to talk or communicate effectively.

Ah! I see later you describe what procedure you had done: I've never seen a "sleeve gastrectomy", but understand what you described. That's pretty major, even if it's laparoscopic.

Of course, you don't need me to tell you this is really the opening salvo; that many bariatric surgery patients regain lost weight; that the road ahead is not easy; etc. It may or may not be much consolation, but I'm sure everyone here will keep you in mind, will pray for you and hope you win the fight in the end!

Hope this helps understand some of the reasoning on the Other Side!
Avo
greek
greek

Post by Avo »

Runomso wrote:Location: Hessen, Germany
You're from Germany's bestest state and your birthday is four days after mine. You seem like a decent person.
Runomso
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Runomso »

You're from Germany's bestest state and your birthday is four days after mine. You seem like a decent person.
You've seen through me. [;)]

eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

elemtilas wrote:
(1) Thanks! I can tell you really understand.
(2) Wow, Padraig! I never knew you are a nurse!
elemtilas wrote:…. I'm sure they had your wrists strapped to keep you from reaching up to grab the tube; and they probably wanted you to be a little more awake before undoing the straps. ….
I had various I.V.s etc. in both arms and both hands. AIUI my arms were restrained to keep me from accidentally pulling those out or otherwise wrong.
The tube was not uncomfortable. FAIK it would have hurt going in*; but I slept through that.
*(Actually, since I coughed up bloody phlegm for two or three days after I was extubated, I'll bet it would have hurt going in. But it didn't hurt just being there.)
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

eldin raigmore wrote:
…. I'm sure they had your wrists strapped to keep you from reaching up to grab the tube; and they probably wanted you to be a little more awake before undoing the straps. ….
I had various I.V.s etc. in both arms and both hands. AIUI my arms were restrained to keep me from accidentally pulling those out or otherwise wrong.
The tube was not uncomfortable. FAIK it would have hurt going in*; but I slept through that.
*(Actually, since I coughed up bloody phlegm for two or three days after I was extubated, I'll bet it would have hurt going in. But it didn't hurt just being there.)
Yes about the IVs as well. Bad joss pulling those out too! As for the breathing tube, yeah that shouldn't hurt while in -- but pulling it out improperly will also be painful. There's (usually) a little balloon down at the end that helps keep it in place when inflated. Pull the tube out while inflated and you can hurt your vocal cords. Anything you pull out prematurely will, of course, have to be shoved back in, and at double the pain! [}:D]
Hælæif
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Hælæif »

Alias(es): Hælæif, Eardstapa, Ash, other.
Date of birth: Top Secret
Interests: Anthropology, ancient European culture, more general culture, philosophy (specifically of language, perception, pantheism, etc), reading (mostly poetry or philosophy), music, history (specifically accurate history. There´s so much nonsense/biased rubbish about. Drinking. Various random things that take my interest, so simply put curiosity?
Favorite music: A lot. Metal, rock, jazz, classical, neofolk, vikingarock, ambient, prog, punk. Ask. Music is life.
Political ideology: Well... Nationalist. All I can say really. I don't support the current govt, nor any of the so called British nationalist parties. Otherwise my views come from various aspects of the so called 'spectrum'.
Conlangs: Étlang. It's honestly a new hobby, though I've been interested in the idea, and languages for a long, long time.
Other hobbies: Did I mention drinking? Well, drinking.
Religion: Pantheistic. I'd define myself as a philosophical pagan, if you will. Though I appose much of so called 'reconstructive' paganism or new age ideas (well... most of it has been pulled out of their ***cracks as far as historicity is concerned, most of it is pure nonsense, plus it fundamentally misses the point of said philosophical views. Myth isn't literal, there isn't a flying chariot, nor is it all metaphors, and yes the big bang theory is a 'myth'.) And this is merely my opinions, I don't mean to infringe upon others views or be rude. (Though some opinions are more correct than others! :p)
Real langauges: Fluent in English, reasonably okay with Icelandic (I used to be fluent but uh... Noone would speak it to me and I stopped reading at all for a while :c), beginner in Swedish and Finnish, dabbling in Greenlandic and Old English and actively (re)learning Icelandic and occasionally Finnish or Swedish, though I don't have much spare time these days.
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Homeless or dead probably.
Favourite Philosophers: Wittgenstein, Merleau-Ponty, Nietszche, Kierkegaard, Socrates.
Okay so I added some extra things but I'm bored of studying.
Spoiler:
Fluent- Eng
Intermediary- Icelandic
Beginner- Swedish, Finnish, Welsh, Japanese, Italian
Dabbling in- Old English
Interested in- Why don´t you ask?
Nayvela Nuvela
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Nayvela Nuvela »

Alias(es): Nayvela Nuvela.
Date of birth: 9/2/1999.
Interests: Writing (poetry and prose), conworlding, philosophy, obscure history, singing. I'm sure I could list others, but these are the major ones.
Favorite music: All kinds, but especially Romantic and Impressionist.
Political ideology: Generally democratic liberalist, but unsure and/or apathetic.
Conlangs: One main, called Tekeū; many less-detailed languages for other projects.
Other hobbies: Piano improvisation, music composition, and writing.
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Working as a music teacher, hopefully. Truthfully unsure.
Edit: Typos corrected.
Last edited by Nayvela Nuvela on 23 May 2015 06:33, edited 2 times in total.
Rāhloihnu nōhùš čiha
ipbu ùv avlivùkeih obdo
avçoboe apārha kiha
kù če avçoboe ovha hëho.
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Welcome to the CBB, Nayvela Nuvela! [:D]
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Nayvela Nuvela wrote:Other hobbies: Piano improvisation, music composition, and writing.[/b]
Have you tried your hand at constructed music at all? I don't (just) mean creating a nice melody for a conculture, but I mean actually thinking about your concultures' musical system -- instruments, tonescape, allowable scales, tonic architecture, musical architecture and what constitutes music itself. And then composing music from that. If you have, do you have any to share?
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Welcome, welcome

Hælæif, Runomso, and Nayvela Nuvela!

:con: Rozwi
Ozavito Evungbitisi!

:con: Sadraas
Än Hundœrt Þusend Uökemsghte!

:gle:
Cead mille failte!

:eng:
100,000 Welcomes!
Zontas
greek
greek

Post by Zontas »

I think i should update this since i just recently returned from hiatus.

Alias(es): Zontas (formerly Helios, Xados, Umega, Ojo, Lantern, Izzard, OLIXU)
Birthdate: 6/2/1997.
Interests: Acting (voice, commercial, presenting, film), (screen)writing, non-superhero comic books, diplomacy and world history, internet reviewing, indie music, art history, subcultures, indie-arthouse games, singing, music production, sailing, cybersecurity, electronics, physics, neurobiology, chemistry, business law, trains.
Favorite music: House, Disco, Downtempo, Jazz, Vaporwave, Chiptune, Psychedia, Indie Pop, Alternative Pop, Alternative Rock, Primus, Groove Metal, English Folk, Klezmer, Prog Rock, Neo-Euroclassical.
Political ideology: Left-Wing Pseudo-Anarchist. Unsure how i feel about economics, tho.
Conlangs: Upperdreamy is in development.
Other hobbies: Acting, playing bass guitar, reading non-superhero comics.
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Working as an actor/ translator/ media mogul and being a beloved internet reviewer. Or working as a vagabond mountebank/ translator with my friends across Europe.
Last edited by Zontas on 09 Jun 2015 02:16, edited 2 times in total.
Hey there.
Nayvela Nuvela
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Nayvela Nuvela »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

:con: Tekeū
Kutiēlao çwëùbtinùùv!

Also, welcome back, Zontas!
elemtilas wrote:
Nayvela Nuvela wrote:Other hobbies: Piano improvisation, music composition, and writing.[/b]
Have you tried your hand at constructed music at all? I don't (just) mean creating a nice melody for a conculture, but I mean actually thinking about your concultures' musical system -- instruments, tonescape, allowable scales, tonic architecture, musical architecture and what constitutes music itself. And then composing music from that. If you have, do you have any to share?
I have, actually. I've musical styles for most of my concultures, even the ones I really need to work on more. For my main conculture, Tekeūla, I have this block of text:
Spoiler:
What first may strike Western viewers about Tekeū music is its brilliant, alien-sounding texture and variety. Indeed, most Tekeū music is definitively not a unified, seamless whole; it's a multirhythmic entity with spirit of its own.
A common technique is what's known as bavo, in which each musician lends his own technique and unique style into a traditional song. Improvisation is a foundation of Tekeū music, and individualism is even more valued.
In a traditional bavo, two or more musicians will each decide upon the tone that will become the basis for the piece. They then play the piece, each musician working with a different mode and rhythmic type- even childrens' songs contrast 3 to 2.
Four types of scales are common in this music: tritonic (including 5-2-5 and 3-3-6), tetratonic (including 2-6-3-1 and 2-4-1-5), hexatonic (including 3-2-1-2-2-2 and 2-1-4-2-1-2), and septatonic (1-1-1-4-2-1-2, sort of a spinoff of hexatonic).
With these scales typically come metrical units; a triple-meter 5-2-5 musical voice is called a lunava, 3-3-6 a lunai. A four-meter 2-6-3-1 is an onai, 2-4-1-5 a onava. A six-meter 3-2-1-2-2-2 is a ugai, 2-1-4-2-1-2 a ugava. Six-meter septatonic is ugaibù.
As well, separate names may be used to denote the specific accent patterns. A six-meter organized into two threes is a oagai; organized into three twos, it's a tugai. A five meter or scale (or alternating 2-3 line) is a talo, a seven-based a bùbavo.
A three-meter where the accent is on the second beat is a tunù; on the third, it's a lunù. A second-accented two-beat is a tunù as well. A line with a shifting or nonexistant meter or scale is a navagai.
Traditional instruments are the voice, the hexatonic flute, the pitched drum, gongs, and the straght coronet; harps were imported from Bikarika and are distinctively pentatonic-flavored, and unpitched percussion/other woodwinds came from the north.
Traditional religious music, on the other hand, is greatly influenced by the slow, heavy style of the Belga, and traditionally uses a septatonic scale not far off from our minor (still referred to as an ugaibù). However, different intervals (namely fourths and minor seconds) are deemed "perfect".
And so on. I have a piece of Tekeūla religious music composed during the early imperial age (close, technologically, to out High Middle Ages) for gong, baritone/bass voice, and harp.

https://soundcloud.com/avatisticanarchy ... u-nohush-i

Lyrics should start around 23 seconds in, but don't because my composing software does not like words; lyrics, pronunciation guide, and approximate translation in spoiler below:
Spoiler:
Rāhloihnu nōhùš čiha
ipbu ùv avlivùkeih obdo
avçoboe apārha kiha
kù če avçoboe ovha hëho.

Kanu tëla ladoki hwëberi
çunohu gūçdù obdo gidu
bāno čayoto va, oboti
kù huhay ipbu gūçšelakë.

Alge gaorvùnutā tie
gaorvùnubùtā bulakë
egke higùlao čivùnuùt
ip al, intùùt dō kùokë.

Rāhlobenu nōhùš čiha
anuhë givùdu gùboeçù
avçoboe, apārha, kiha
bùvùdu va nōhalha higù.

(<č>=[tʃ], <š>=[ʃ] <ç>=[ç], <ā>=[a:], <ù>=[ʊ], <ë>=[eʲ])

Do not fear the Grim Reaper;
only for a moment does it hover over
your heart; icy, knowing
the life within your ancient heart.

King or teacher you may be
but its night will come over
people as it does the sun;
life, then a moment later our dusk.

Resentment will not build now-
truly will not build our hands’ strength;
fighting with dreams does not kill them-
in time, they tear away pieces of our minds.

You, do not fear the deadly reaper;
because it will come to your life if
your icy, knowing heart
will end like a cloudy dream.
As well, a piece of Bikarikan music from its classical period (around our Hellenistic era), also influenced by the Belga. This shows in instrumental choice; a keyboard-ish instrument I've chosen to represent with a piano's sound:

https://soundcloud.com/avatisticanarchy/the-ghasts
Rāhloihnu nōhùš čiha
ipbu ùv avlivùkeih obdo
avçoboe apārha kiha
kù če avçoboe ovha hëho.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

I think i should update this for no particular reason

Alias(es): tlampusao (Kala), lampuṣavanī (Vanga, prob. DAT.SG), Leumbojao (Himmaswa), Lambusjá (Plague’s :got: or :gom: ), Ramputıahu (Nınuıntı), lapnojjawa (Ketzumin), Añeyahatosama (Rireinutire), Lambutjaj (Ejnoq), Lambudjāvos (Aloha), Lam (Géarthnuns); A Nudger of grammar beyond the googleable dribs and drabs, the true unsung hero of this community, boy sorcery-GEN, His Lordship the Chief Grand Admiral of the Mighty and Noble Afghan Navy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Phila ... derailment
[O.o] [:(]

Birthdate: I'm as old as my feet, and a little older than my teeth. Which puts me somewhere in the early 1970s.

Interests: Nudging grammar beyond the googleable dribs and drabs, learning some of your conlang,
freaking you out by learning some of your conlang, helping you to think of something you might not have thunk before in your conlang, and Sorcery.

Favorite music: If it comes out of a radio or Youtube or a CD or a cassette or a record or even a phonograph or an amp, but especially from an actual musical instrument and/or vocal tract, chances are I will listen to it. At least once.

Political ideology: I think I came out as a slightly to the right authoritarian on one of those quizzes we did a while back. Whatevs.

Conlangs: Rozwi, Sadraas, Yauchuan, Çedara, Iveriki, Gavik, Hwa-An, and soon, a little bit of your conlang! [;)]

Other hobbies: Spending time with my hijo unigenito, singing, cooking, cheesemaking, dreaming, gardening, walking in the Woods, gourmandizing, romancing. I like eating noodles more than I probably should. I'm also a big fan of stuffed leaves (dolmades, golumpki, etc), dumplings (gyoza, pierohi, empanadas, pastelillos, etc), and dessert (especially Greek desserts, cheesecake, and associated yumminesses). A nice single-malt Scotch, or Wine. Occasionally. [;)]

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully, alive & with all my full capacities, and pretty much enjoying all the things I enjoy, with less of the bullshit I have to put up with now. Ooh, and I hope to learn some more Chinese and Arabic, eventually. And mayhaps another natlang or two. Oh yes, I will also become the Master Control Program. And/or Zardoz. Just you wait and see! :mrgreen:

PS:
While here on the CBB, I have been asked numerous questions, especially, but not only, on the Conlang Conversation Thread. Some of the more squadelphious questions include:

1) Clearly you know nothing about (insert).
2) How do you know (insert lang. feature of your own :con: ) could (insert something you haven't thought of)?
3) Did you just curse us all to Infernity?
4) You are probably a wizard, right?
5) Do you really know the secrets of cheesemaking?
6) What does that mean?
7) Are you a wizard?
8) How did you come up with that?
9) Who here is the master and who is the student?
10) Is your dissertation available on-line?
11) Can you speak all languages?
Sḿtuval
greek
greek

Post by Sḿtuval »

My other post in this thread was kind of vague so here you go:

Alias(es):
Date of Birth: July 30, [insert how old you think I am here]
Interests: conlanging, linguistics, technology, engineering, video games, most art (but I'll die before I let you drag me to a museum), movies (mostly slapsticks)
Favorite Music: I like more music from the 80s than I do from this century. It really bothers me how a lot of songs (from any decade) are about love. Can't they think of something else to sing? Maybe that's just the stuff I've heard though. I'm sure there are a lot of songs about stuff like death, so...
Political Ideology: I'm not against political parties, but I am against arbitrary arguing between them that results in nothing ever getting done. I'd add more to this section, but I'm afraid of somehow offending someone.
Conlangs: Kauzasian (main one I'm working on), Ydtobogȧntiaky language family (which Kauzasian is a part of), and about twenty other scrapped langs
Other hobbies: singing in the shower, drawing, conworlding, spamming my friend's Skype with the same word over and over
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Anywhere with a mirror (ba dum tss) I'll probably have a job that pays well and I'm happy in, but I'll most likely still be single. Hopefully I'll speak fluent Russian by then.

I probably seem worse here than any other thread. [xD]
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
qwed117
mongolian
mongolian

Post by qwed117 »

Sḿtuval wrote:My other post in this thread was kind of vague so here you go:

Alias(es):
Date of Birth: July 30, [insert how old you think I am here]
Interests: conlanging, linguistics, technology, engineering, video games, most art (but I'll die before I let you drag me to a museum), movies (mostly slapsticks)
Favorite Music: I like more music from the 80s than I do from this century. It really bothers me how a lot of songs (from any decade) are about love. Can't they think of something else to sing? Maybe that's just the stuff I've heard though. I'm sure there are a lot of songs about stuff like death, so...
Political Ideology: I'm not against political parties, but I am against arbitrary arguing between them that results in nothing ever getting done. I'd add more to this section, but I'm afraid of somehow offending someone.
Conlangs: Kauzasian (main one I'm working on), Ydtobogȧntiaky language family (which Kauzasian is a part of), and about twenty other scrapped langs
Other hobbies: singing in the shower, drawing, conworlding, spamming my friend's Skype with the same word over and over
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Anywhere with a mirror (ba dum tss) I'll probably have a job that pays well and I'm happy in, but I'll most likely still be single. Hopefully I'll speak fluent Russian by then.

I probably seem worse here than any other thread. [xD]
I think I know why singing in the shower is crossed out [;)]
Spoiler:
My minicity is [http://zyphrazia.myminicity.com/xml]Zyphrazia and [http://novland.myminicity.com/xml]Novland.

Minicity has fallen :(
The SqwedgePad
gestaltist
mayan
mayan

Post by gestaltist »

I don’t think I have posted here yet, so here it goes:

Alias(es): none of importance
Location: not so far away from the old royal castle of the Kings of Poland
Date of birth: October 20, '81
Interests: The underlying mechanisms of reality - especially of human reality. Women (currently: one specific woman. [B)] )
Favorite music: the Beatles, then everything else from the 60’ then Queen, then grunge, then blues/jazz/rock then latin music
Political ideology: I-don’t-careism™
Conlangs: proto-Ardanian, Lirsh, and some nooblangs/sketches not worth mentioning
Other hobbies: salsa dancing, cooking, programming, foreign cultures and languages
Where do you see yourself in ten years? Living a comfortable and boring life. Unless I am being pessimistic: then I envision Poland as a nuclear wasteland after an invasion by Putin’s Russia.