Practicing a Custom Alphabet

If you're new to these arts, this is the place to ask "stupid" questions and get directions!
s0200311
rupestrian
rupestrian

Practicing a Custom Alphabet

Post by s0200311 »

I am working on a language... OK maybe not working on a LANGUAGE, more like working on an alphabet... So in this PDF you can see what I have so far. The first column is the representation of my language using ENGLISH characters, they will each get their own custom character eventually... Then the next column shows the phonetic sound of the letter. The next 2 columns is a set of semi random words from a word generator and their spelling using the phonetics from my language... Kind of like how (I think) Japanese has a phonetic alphabet for spelling words from other languages. I was hoping for some feedback! How should I be practicing my phonetic alphabet? Thank you for any suggestions!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... output=pdf
Park Bom
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Practicing a Custom Alphabet

Post by Park Bom »

we have no access to it.
[:)]
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

The file doesn't open :)
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
s0200311
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by s0200311 »

That's irritating. What type of coding does the

Code: Select all

feature take? HTML perchance? If so I can code the table in...
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

s0200311 wrote: 06 May 2021 16:11 That's irritating. What type of coding does the [‍code] feature take? HTML perchance? If so I can code the table in...
The issue appears to be the privacy settings on your Google document. They are probably set so only you can view it. Try this: Open your document. Click on the "Share" button in the upper-right corner. In the dialog window, click the text that reads "Change to anyone with the link". Copy-paste the link highlighted in green.