A forum for game threads.
Additionally:shimobaatar wrote: ↑25 May 2020 20:49 kviunande
- The present participle of a verb deriving from Proto-Germanic *kwiknaną.
- Modifies the head of the noun phrase, and therefore takes the feminine nominative singular agreement suffix -e.
Some additional information that may be helpful:
- The head of the noun phrase.
- Made up of four morphemes, but only one root: fra-stän-od-hed.
- The first morpheme is descended from Proto-Germanic *fra-.
- The second morpheme is not descended from Proto-Germanic *standaną or *stāną.
- The fourth morpheme is equivalent to the English suffix -hood, but was borrowed from Middle Low German rather than directly inherited from Proto-Germanic *haiduz.
- The root of frastänodhed is -stän-.
- frastänodhed is a noun derived from the past participle of a verb.
- As far as I can tell, the verb that frastänodhed is derived from is not reconstructed for Proto-Germanic. It was a later development. Originally, the root -stän- was a noun.