Tunawixo Language

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Arzemju
cuneiform
cuneiform

Tunawixo Language

Post by Arzemju »

The Tunawihyo /tʊːŋawiʍoʔ/ language is the first primitive language of my conworld 'Huesŝoka Tajki'o' (which is the name of the two part of the conplanet). It is now the official language but some Tunawiwans (in english) inhabitants speak some dialects where pronunciation of words change (although not alot) in small villages of the conplanet. Here is the phoneme inventory, I am currently developping the lang as I am posting, so do not ask for too much.

Consonants
/p/ <p>
/b/ <b>
/t/ <t>
/d/ <d>
/k/ <k>
/g/ <g>
/h/ <h>
/m/ <m>
/n/ <n>
/ŋ/ <ñ>
/s/ <s>
/ʃ/ <ŝ>
/χ/ <x> - /ʍ/ has evolved into /χ/
/l/ <l>
/w/ <w>
/j/ <y>
/r/ <r>

Vowels
/a/ <a>
/e/ <e>
/i/ <i>
/ɔ/ <o>
/u/ <u>

Pronouns (Possessive form is added to a verb or a pronoun to mark the possesion (I becomes mine)
Personal: gi wi xi ŋde ndwi hu
Possesive(suffixes): -i -iw -xa -wañ -wu -ayd
Translation: I you.SG he/she/it we youPL they

Verbs
In Tunawikhan, there are four verbal tenses: Continuous present (I am and I will ever be), Simple present (I am right now), Past (I was), Future (I will be). Verbs drops their infinitive to add the adequate suffixe:
Infinitive: -awd
Continuous present: -an
Simple present: -uln
Past: -agn
Future: -oyk

Numbers
0-10 nakaw aka det war kun geg axu eŝt dew pat tsar
100 añdred
1000 newl

To form 11 to 19: add the 1-9 root and add the -tsar suffix.
To form 20,30 to 90: add the 2,9 root and add the tsar- prefix.
To form 200, 300 to 900: add the 2,9 root and add the -sit suffix.
To form 2000, 3000 to 9000: add the 2,9 root and add the -newl suffix.
1284 = 1000-200-80-4 (yes, you must add a minus between parts).
Last edited by Arzemju on 26 Aug 2010 22:50, edited 6 times in total.
Fluent: :fra: :eng: | Learning: :esp: :tgl: :epo:
Ave94
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Tunawihyo Language

Post by Ave94 »

Is there any reason you have <hw, hu, hy> but no plain <h>? Is there an interesting historical explanation for having three ways to write /ʍ/?
Arzemju
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Arzemju »

Ave94 wrote:Is there any reason you have <hw, hu, hy> but no plain <h>? Is there an interesting historical explanation for having three ways to write /ʍ/?
The language in itself isn't phonetic, that has to do with evolution of words, but the official government uses three different letters to transcribe /ʍ/, depending on their origins (this is VERY complicated, better not try to enter in this ^^). Latin translitteration uses three digraphs using <h>. <h> is only present in those digraphs, the /h/ isn't a phoneme in the language.
roninbodhisattva
MVP
MVP

Post by roninbodhisattva »

Arzemju wrote:The language in itself isn't phonetic
I think you mean that the writing system is not phonetic, as languages can't be 'phonetic' or 'non-phonetic'. Every language has phonetics...
but the official government uses three different letters to transcribe /ʍ/, depending on their origins (this is VERY complicated, better not try to enter in this ^^)./quote]
I'd actually really like to hear about the origins. I bet a lot of other people would like to as well :D
Arzemju
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Arzemju »

roninbodhisattva wrote:
Arzemju wrote:The language in itself isn't phonetic
I think you mean that the writing system is not phonetic, as languages can't be 'phonetic' or 'non-phonetic'. Every language has phonetics...
but the official government uses three different letters to transcribe /ʍ/, depending on their origins (this is VERY complicated, better not try to enter in this ^^)./quote]
I'd actually really like to hear about the origins. I bet a lot of other people would like to as well :D
Yes I mean't a word like "an" could have phonetic value as /wen/ or something like this, like english does.

Now I have to invent a whole conculture and philisophy for them to give origins for words :(
I'm sorry but I really can't do this now, I just have no insipration and I will try to work on it later. Thanks for your comprehension.
Arzemju
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Arzemju »

First post edited with some additions.

Samples:

Be'agân'i Pƕanse, ug poguweân'i Eŋgelse.

I am french, but I speak english.

Diwgen be'agulnwa nsiwern, ƕi gembe'agulnwa i'ewte.
The dog is black, he is not white.