Swear words!

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
decem
greek
greek

Swear words!

Post by decem »

Time to show off the taboo words of your conlang, hooray!

Please excuse me if there's already a thread on this, I searched for it before and did not find any, so here's mine:

If you're easily offended by swear words, I suggest you read no further.

Here are a few in Cagiesian:

bradir
/bɾa.'ðiɾ̥/
v. to f*ck

brado / brada
/'bɾa.ðu/ /'bɾa.ða/
n. c*ck; tw*t; c*nt; motherf*cker

mehirda
/mɛ.'iɾ.ða/
n. sh*t

mehirdir
/mɛ.iɾ.'ðiɾ̥/
v. to f*ck something up
[tick] : :gbr: | [:D] : :deu: :fra: | [:S] : :esp: :ita: :bra: | conlang sxarihe
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Re: Swear words!

Post by Creyeditor »

Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
Ossicone
vice admin
vice admin

Post by Ossicone »

It's lucky number 13 I believe. [;)]
Nortaneous
greek
greek

Post by Nortaneous »

Fiálls céy falcaksenéicern, bácc viás váic lat mfálra?
[ˈfjæʰɬs tsɵɥ fɐɫtsɐ̥kɕɪ̥ˈnɪjtɕɪɳ ˈbaʰts ˈvjæts ˈvæjtɕ ɫɐʔ ˈmaɭɐ]
shit~NMZ<PASS.ADJZ> 2P shit-whore=TOP, Q fuck<PASS.ADJZ> fuck-NMZ-DIM from OPT-shit-PASS.IPFV
What the fuck do you think you're doing, you piece of shit?
(lit. You turd of a shit-whore, what the fuck are you trying to shit from your shriveled dick?)
decem
greek
greek

Post by decem »

Nortaneous wrote:Fiálls céy falcaksenéicern, bácc viás váic lat mfálra?
[ˈfjæʰɬs tsɵɥ fɐɫtsɐ̥kɕɪ̥ˈnɪjtɕɪɳ ˈbaʰts ˈvjæts ˈvæjtɕ ɫɐʔ ˈmaɭɐ]
shit~NMZ<PASS.ADJZ> 2P shit-whore=TOP, Q fuck<PASS.ADJZ> fuck-NMZ-DIM from OPT-shit-PASS.IPFV
What the fuck do you think you're doing, you piece of shit?
(lit. You turd of a shit-whore, what the fuck are you trying to shit from your shriveled dick?)
Tameno!
Harsh!
[tick] : :gbr: | [:D] : :deu: :fra: | [:S] : :esp: :ita: :bra: | conlang sxarihe
Maraxxus
sinic
sinic

Post by Maraxxus »

Ha ha, oh boy; I've certainly come to the occasion of creating a few swearwords for Maxédri in the past.

tüpel - stupid one, one without comprehension [directed]
turwa - shit [undirected exclamation]
butrá - to fuck [directed, usually with a subject attached]
faltoffor "blue-born" - bastard born [adj.] [directed]
sicci - piss [undirected exclamation]
lekka - ass [undirected exclamation]
šóh - cunt [undirected exclamation]
gekt - dick [undirected exclamation]
peqet - jerk, fucker, asshole [directed]
kaldviat - An undirected exclamation used when showing disgust.
pöveğ - A directed exclamation used when showing disgust.
paskàn - Holy shit,fuck,crap // Oh my fucking god | Showing extreme surprise.
papač - idiot [directed]
svàgan - whore, slut [directed]
:nld: :eng: :hun: :fra: :deu:
:con: Maxédri
:con: Faljüdax
mbrsart
sinic
sinic

Post by mbrsart »

I don't have an extensive vocabulary of profanity, but here goes. (And my convictions require my self-censorship for some of this.)

:con: Hra'anh
I'll start with the tamer ones.
  • dur'belakh - "whiteskin". It has the same weight as the n-word. Whiteskins live undersea, and the land dwellers associate them with the "savage" Tribal hra'vakh, who are in reality just as civilized as the non-Tribals; they just have a bunch of different systems.
  • dur'ashakh - "blueskin". No direct English calque, but it plays on the notion that people with blue skin are somehow weird. (Normal skin color is dark green.) It carries the same weight as "retard".
  • astan - "damned". Literally, it means "cursed". It carries much more weight than the current English word. It's rarely if ever used as an interjection, only as an intensifier modifying a noun.
  • bizize - "whore". This usage didn't come about until the intermixing of human and hra'vakh cultures. The word literally means, "having given up one's freedom." Prior to the intermixing of cultures, it was used as a derogatory term for overachieving students, evolving from its former usage as "slave", or "criminal/prisoner", much like "copsik" in the Larry Niven universe. Now it's like the Spanish "puta". This can plug into the "she...ze" construction to get "she bizize," which means, "What a whore."
  • faila - "foreigner". The hra'vakh are xenophobic. To be called a foreigner is a grave insult. The insinuation is that you are mentally incompetent, incapable of grasping even the simplest aspects of language.
  • kurkha - "half-breed". This literally means "rotten". One famous use is by the Ipf'akh (the high priestess) herself to describe the reason for her distaste in Earth's first ambassador to Hra, Julianne Flaherty. Julianne was the first human-hra'vakh hybrid, born in the late 2010s, when the hra'vakh were supposed to be invisible in society. The hra'vakh agent on Earth at the time thought himself to be infertile, but he was proven wrong.
  • pulo - "brainless/contemptible/otherwise undesirable person". Similar in weight to "cabrón". One of the most insulting things you can say to a hra'vakh is, "she pulo ze", which, though it literally means, "what an idiot", is roughly equivalent to "f*** your mother". The worst thing you can say to a hra'vakh is next.
  • "Esh karle shitai!" or "Esh karpe shitai!" - This literally means, "Go f*** your sister" or "Go f*** your brother" depending on the gender for which "karfe" is declined. Hra'vakh taboos on incest are extremely strong, at least in the "civilized" world.
  • kherko! - This is a vulgar interjection that has been bled of all meaning. All that remains is the taboo that governs its utterance. It is speculated that it once meant something like shitaik, but since it originated during the Dark Age, there is no way to track its evolution.
:con: Hra'anh | :eng: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :grc: [:|] | :heb: [:|] | :epo: [:S] | :deu: [:S] | :ita: [:S] | :bra: [:'(] | :fra: [:'(]
Click
runic
runic

Post by Click »

There is a swearword in Kaipói that can be used to insult everyone. I like to translate it as "psychobitch".
  • licáti
    [ħɯ̀.z̪á.ʤì]
    psycobitch
Ànradh
roman
roman

Post by Ànradh »

Iriex
<lac>
/läʃ/
'damn/curse'
Much the same strength as English 'damn' but used somewhat differently in that what is being 'damned' needs to be specified.

<hurlox>
/húr.lɑχ/
'fool/foe'
Rarely used as an insult and more often as an interjective.
Calling someone a 'hurlox' in Iriex sounds similar to calling someone a 'fuck' in English; the meaning's clear but it doesn't quite sound right.
Sin ar Pàrras agus nì sinne mar a thogras sinn. Choisinn sinn e agus ’s urrainn dhuinn ga loisgeadh.
Toks
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Toks »

Wikilret currently has two mild "swear words".

ësa /i.sa/
1) inter. an exclamation of frustration; similar to "damn it!"
2) inter. has come to be used as a pergorative; similar to "Idiot!" or "Asshole!"

ïgo /aI.go/
inter. a mild exclamation of surprise; similar to “Oh my god!” or “Holy shit!”
Hālian
sinic
sinic

(scrapped)

Post by Hālian »

(scrapped)
Last edited by Hālian on 28 Jan 2016 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
Image Safir Alliance
Image Hoennese Realm
Plusquamperfekt
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Plusquamperfekt »

Three very offensive ways to say "I don't need my teeth anymore and I would like you to break them all." in Miwonša :mrgreen:
(Don't read the spoilers if you are easily offended. You have been warned. [:P] )

---

(1) Maškiman khočni nanžiwšai wa krišmai matiwšak!
Translation: I am going to
Spoiler:
rape
your
Spoiler:
sister
on the
Spoiler:
grave
of your
Spoiler:
mother

(2) Yežisjanšli pjunsiwa matiwšai lhoro kwasjan cunšlanti wa špjanšpi!
Translation: In order to make your
Spoiler:
mother
Spoiler:
pregnant
one just needs to
Spoiler:
cum
into a
Spoiler:
garbage container

(3) Maškiman khašči wa krišmai matiwša kručanšak!
Translation: I am going to
Spoiler:
shit
on the
Spoiler:
grave
of your
Spoiler:
whore mother
Prinsessa
runic
runic

Post by Prinsessa »

Ossicone wrote:It's lucky number 13 I believe. [;)]
Hey, don't be so conformist conservative! Thirteen is my favourite number. :'c

Also, people have got to stop wasting pretty syllables on swears in conlangs and natlangs! Spanish 'mierda' is really euphonic. It can't possibly sound like a harsh swear word to my ears. :( Or 'astan' above. Even 'satan' is pretty pretty, sound-wise (no surprise it looks very similar to 'astan' I suppose).

You've gotta make your swears uglier. :'c
Corphishy
greek
greek

Post by Corphishy »

A cool synonym in Saipačn is ňür /ɲyr/ which means monster, also means asshole/douchebag
Aszev wrote:A good conlang doesn't come from pursuing uniqueness. Uniqueness is usually an effect from creating a good conlang.
Project Garnet
(used to be Bulbichu22)
mbrsart
sinic
sinic

Post by mbrsart »

Whenever the topic comes up, I think of the Merovingian in The Matrix Reloaded.

"I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculer ta mère. It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it."
:con: Hra'anh | :eng: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :grc: [:|] | :heb: [:|] | :epo: [:S] | :deu: [:S] | :ita: [:S] | :bra: [:'(] | :fra: [:'(]
Curlyjimsam
sinic
sinic

Post by Curlyjimsam »

I only have one at the moment, I think. tlog (a shortening of the more polite term atlog or watlog, from Early Takan atlok "Atlian", which also yields modern Greater Atlian allo) is an offensive term used in Viksen for a person from Atlia.
The Man in the Blackened House, a conworld-based serialised web-novel
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

mbrsart wrote:"It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it."
He must have meant like in this video. [>:)] Silky smooth.
Jonnyboi17
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Jonnyboi17 »

Dormouse559 wrote:
mbrsart wrote:"It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it."
He must have meant like in this video. [>:)] Silky smooth.
YES!!! I WATCHED THE VIDEO AND UNDERSTOOD SOME OF THE CURSE WORDS!!!!! by ex-brother-in-law was French Canadian and he would always say the Tabanac thingy and the Coleis thingy (I don't know how to spell it!)
Hanerawi dulekiay
“People of Heaven”
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Jonnyboi17 wrote:YES!!! I WATCHED THE VIDEO AND UNDERSTOOD SOME OF THE CURSE WORDS!!!!!
Woo! Good job. [:)]

Here's a transcription:
Jocelyn, la marionnette qui sacre, wrote:Ah ben ostie. Ostie de tabarnak de câlisse. Estie de saint ciboire. Estie de crisse d'estie de tabarnak de câlisse d'estie chu brûlé mal dans le cul. Mal à tête. Ostie de câlisse de tabarnak de crisse d'ostie vie de chien. Ostie que chu tanné. Ostie que chu tanné, tabarnak!
If it's been in a Catholic church, the Québécois have made a swear word out of it.
Egerius
mayan
mayan

Post by Egerius »

Some Buonavallese profanity.
lu putanu < PVTÁNVS - bastard
putanu sene lo cabo - idiot/asshole literally 'headless bastard' - probably an ancient colloquial way of implying incest.
cabossemu < CAPUT SÉMIS (regularised), fool, idiot, dumb person (literally: half-head)
Languages of Rodentèrra: Buonavallese, Saselvan Argemontese; Wīlandisċ Taulkeisch; More on the road.
Conlang embryo of TELES: Proto-Avesto-Umbric ~> Proto-Umbric
New blog: http://argentiusbonavalensis.tumblr.com