Presentation of the Deyryck

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Presentation of the Deyryck

Post by Threr »

Deyryck

Hi everybody! I'm going to present you the Deyryck today!

In my conworld, Deyryck is basically a language created to be learnt and spoken by all the species in the universe. So the phonetics I'm going to present you are only the way the characters are adapted to earth. But spoken by a species who wouldn't have the same way to speak than us, or who wouldn't even communicate by "speaking" then it would "sound" differently.

The characters are divided into two main different groups : The strong and the weak.

Almost every letters has got a strong or a weak version of itself. Here are the strongs :

As it's in french (sorry 'bout that), I'll explain what are the columns :
1 > IPA
2 > Keyboard
3 > Example (which ain't really good as most of'em are french)
4 > Ryck (that's the name of the alphabet)

I'd like to precise two of them :

The 'ç' (/θ/) : it's written like an 's' (/s/) with a little round above it, this means it's the auxiliary of 's'. An auxiliary is another way to say a character.
For example :
"Sil" could be pronounced /sil/ or /θil/

The 'µ' (/x/) : it's written like an 'r' (/ʁ/) with a little 'h' (/h/) above it. This means it is the access to the 'r'. This isn't really important for now.

Now, here come the weak group :

The column that's been added("Forte") between the "Clavier" (Keyboard) and the "Exemple" (Example) is one for the equivalent character in the Strong group.

Now comes a particular group : The weakest :

These are basically the Weak equivalent of a weak character.

Then, the vowels :

Depending of the region (in the conworld), the vowels belong or don't belong to Weak and Strong groups. As it doesn't have any real influence, it's better to take that they don't.

All this being said :
Deyryck, in Deyryck, is actually spelled : "Dèyrik" (/dɛjrik/)

The name of a character is its pronunciation plus "ôn".
Examples :
T = tôn
D = dôn
P = pôn
Ô = ôôn

Some rules :

When two strongs follow each others, the first one is pronounced /t/, if the two strongs are tôns, then the first one is pronounced /k/.
Examples :
Lassa /latsa/
Latta /lakta/

When two weaks follow each others, the first one is pronounced /d/, if the two weaks are dôns, then the first one is pronounced /g/.
Examples :
Lazza /ladza/
Ladda /lagda/

Language :

The basis :

A basic sentence :

CTCGR : Context Target Core Goal Reaction

A sentence always describe an event.

Context: The context of the event

Target: The target of the event

Core: The core of the event (most of the time, an action or a description)

Goal: The intention behind the sentence itself

Reaction: The reaction of the environnement to the event

The pronouns (simple forms) :
  • I : 1SG
  • Ti : 2SG
  • Aro : 3SG
  • Cèr : 1PL
  • Lo : 2PL
  • Arès : 3PL
  • Idéta : It / This
  • Gû : It~
Gû is here for the sentences like "It's forbidden.", "It's rainy.".

A lot of them have got contractions :
Aro > ro
Cèr > èr
Arès > ès
Idéta > id

One pronoun stand for almost all type of pronoun :

Dajarkam = House
Idajarkam = My house
I id a = It's me.
Irama a = I watch.
I hope my English was understandable. ^^
Last edited by Threr on 23 Oct 2019 14:01, edited 4 times in total.
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Re: Presentation of the Deyryck

Post by Lambuzhao »

A great first effort, Threr!

You have a lot to here to understand.

I was wondering,
Could give two or three example-sentences for how these particles work:
The comma : 'o'
The interrogative comma : 'on'
Tahamaya!

PS: for the exclamatory particle...say I wanted to add it to 'tahamaya' for emphasis. Would the result be:

tahamaya u
OR
tahamayu

Which is more correct?
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

Thanks! ^^

Explanation deleted as the whole subject was wrongly explained to begin with...
Last edited by Threr on 12 Feb 2017 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

Now the 'o' words :

These are the words come from the old Deyryck, there're remaining of how the language used to work. There're three different way to handle them.

1) Keep on using the 'o' form :
You may simply have a strong believe and the context of your sentence to precise their use :
Iékto a = I fight (at war)
Iékto da = This is my war.

2) You may add an 'a' at the end to make it a common form :
Iéktoa' = I fight (at war).
Iéktoam da = This is my war.

WARNING : Do not switch the 'o' for an 'a'. Most of the time the 'o' words has already a words like them with an 'a' instead of the 'o' :
Loko > loka ; but loka : like a little bit and loko : hate

3) You may treat them like is the 'o' was 'a'.
Iékto a = I fight (at war).
Iéktom da = This is war.

BUT this may cause trouble when you have a description:
Loka(action) > Loki(description)
Loko(action) > Loki(description)
In these cases, you'll mostly contract the 'i' in a 'w' which give something close to the second way of handling them :
Loko(action) > Lokwi(description)

As you might have understand form all that, the end of the words determine which type of word it is. Here are the different endings :

Laka > ACTION: love
Lakam > THING: Love
Lakios > DESCRIPTION: beloved (Contracted : Laki)
Lakitohos > COMPARISON (+): more beloved (Contracted : Lakit)
Lakotohos > COMPARISON (-): less beloved (Contracted : Lakot)
Lakias > PERSON: Lover (Contracted : Lakis, plural : Lakiasn > Lakin)
Lakitahas > MASTER: Best Lover~ Husband~ (Contracted : Lakiat and sometimes Lakat)

Some common contractions :

i+vowel = y+vowel
Iméri a = Imérya

o+vowel = w+vowel
Ifio a = Ifiwa

a+a = a'
Irama a = Irama'
Last edited by Threr on 12 Feb 2017 19:55, edited 3 times in total.
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

Goals

Goals are a type of element as well as a part of a sentence. They're used to describe to intention of the sentence itself.

Basic goals

The basic goals are simple to understand but essential to understand sentences.

"A" is the most common of all goals. It may even seems that it's the only one that's ever used. It basically means that the sentence has been said for the fact of being said, without any special intention or, at least, without the will to express it.

Example :

Ti irama a

"O" is the second most common of all goals. It is mainly called the incomplete or partial goal. It basically indicates that an idea isn't over or is going to be completed.

You may compare them as the punctuation which is almost correct. Although you must be careful as they will often implies much more.
Last edited by Threr on 12 Feb 2017 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Threr wrote:In my conworld, Deyryck is basically a language created to be learnt and spoken by all the species in the universe. So the phonetics I'm going to present you are only the way the characters are adapted to earth. But spoken by a species who wouldn't have the same way to speak than us, or who wouldn't even communicate by "speaking" then it would "sound" differently.
By whom was it created? Also, I assume different species could only communicate with one another via writing?
Threr wrote:The punctuation is audible, there are :
The dot : 'a'
The comma : 'o'
The question mark : 'an'
The interrogative comma : 'on'
The exclamation mark : 'u'
The interrogative exclamation mark : 'un'

So a sentence like this : "Dyi tkohos ?" is simply impossible. That'd be "Dyi tikohos an".
Would you consider these discourse particles, of sorts, or at least something similar?
Threr wrote:Some common contractions :
When are contracted forms of any kind/in general used instead of the "full" forms?
Threr wrote:These are complex as hen contracted they don't keep their meaning. Now, the first one in this list, is the most difficult to get.

The first thing to know is that "a" and "o" are the singular of "â" and "ô".
Now, the "a" oppose "you" and "I", which means if "I" is the subject of the sentence, the actual subject will be "you".
"O" will serve for the third person in those cases.

If the third person is the subject of the class, '"o" is for the first person and "a" for the second.
How did the system get to be this way?
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

shimobaatar wrote:By whom was it created? Also, I assume different species could only communicate with one another via writing?
The Deyryck works the same way its direct ancestor. It has two "cores", the one of the language and the core of tolerance. The core of tolerance is there to hold every evolution of the language, it's part of the language but is also some kind of cocoon for the next one. The Deyryck was born from its ancestor this way, just with time, until it was ready to be a language on its own.
Now I said it was a created language. Because it was a bit different this time. The Deyryck was born from the Dèykrik. But when the peace was voted, the common language had to be made out of the main languages (question of respect). So a group was formed out of different people speaking the other main languages of the time (Ikji, Fikji, Dèymaat, Katakar) and they modified Dèyrik a lot. Which brought to it an "constructed" aspect.
shimobaatar wrote:Would you consider these discourse particles, of sorts, or at least something similar?
There already are some. I'll get to it when I'll talk about key and accentuation.

shimobaatar wrote:When are contracted forms of any kind/in general used instead of the "full" forms?
Any time. Just like you'd write "I'd like" instead of "I would like". Sometime they can be slang too.

shimobaatar wrote:How did the system get to be this way?
Good question.

It started with one form. "fia" which would be translated "He sees". Though, it was mostly used by people to talk about the one they're talking to, mostly because of war. So it changed its meaning. Then, as the first form was still quiet useful the "fio" contraction was artificially created.
From that point, it was then an obvious evolution that the plural would be "ô" for "o" and "â" for "a". And that fia would change depending on weither there was "i" or "ti" as pronoun. These are usual Deyryck's odds.
The particular case with "aro" was decided afterward as it sounded stupid to have a contraction that would work with only a part of the pronoun.

Actually there's even another form that "used to" (it still exist, just never used) exist : vio/via/viô/viâ.
This is simple a passive form of this contraction. It became slang as the children started to say "vio" istead of "fio" while not contracting.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Threr wrote:The Deyryck works the same way its direct ancestor. It has two "cores", the one of the language and the core of tolerance. The core of tolerance is there to hold every evolution of the language, it's part of the language but is also some kind of cocoon for the next one. The Deyryck was born from its ancestor this way, just with time, until it was ready to be a language on its own.
Now I said it was a created language. Because it was a bit different this time. The Deyryck was born from the Dèykrik. But when the peace was voted, the common language had to be made out of the main languages (question of respect). So a group was formed out of different people speaking the other main languages of the time (Ikji, Fikji, Dèymaat, Katakar) and they modified Dèyrik a lot. Which brought to it an "constructed" aspect.
Hmm, interesting. It seems you have things quite thoroughly planned-out. Although, there are some things I'm not sure I understand. If possible, could you perhaps further explain the general setting in which this language is spoken?
Threr wrote:Any time. Just like you'd write "I'd like" instead of "I would like". Sometime they can be slang too.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant to ask about the connotations behind contracted vs. non-contracted forms. Would the situation be similar to that in English, with non-contracted forms like "I would like" sounding more formal?
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

shimobaatar wrote:Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant to ask about the connotations behind contracted vs. non-contracted forms. Would the situation be similar to that in English, with non-contracted forms like "I would like" sounding more formal?
I'm going to holyday like right now, so I won't answer the other question before I'm back.
For this one, let's yes and no. It depends on the contractions, some would sounds like "I would like", some other would sounds like "gotta", and other might be difference between the "gotta" with a proper "t" sound and the one more british a bit like /gɑ'ə/. I'll explain these in details when I'll be back.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Threr wrote: I'm going to holyday like right now, so I won't answer the other question before I'm back.
Threr wrote:I'll explain these in details when I'll be back.
No worries! I hope you enjoy your trip!
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

I'm back.

So. Let's take some examples.

There are three possible connotations with a contraction, a regional connotation, a good/bad connotation, and no connotation at all.

If you say : "Ti ilaka a" which means "I love you.", you'll sound more like "I am experiencing a feeling of love for you.", because this is heavily formal.
When you're talking to someone in particular in Deyryck you'll mostly use the passive form.
So the correct sentence would be "Tilagka a".
Technically you're saying : "You are loved.". But this passive form uses the contraction of idea which make the subject disappear. Anyone would understand "I'm in love with you.".
This "contraction" has absolutely no connotation, it's just normal. (Though you'll sound like someone who's never have a social life if you don't use it ^^)

Then comes the most common form "Tlagka'", which would be just like "I love you.".
This is a regional connotation. That'd sound like you're more from the southern regions.

In England a possible equivalent could be when you hear someone said "Look at me shoes." instead of "Look at my shoes.".

And finally you could say it "Tlagk' ".
Basically, it's a bit like when you write "Lov U".
And here you've got a good/bad connotation, if you say "Tlagk' " people will look at you as someone with a bad education.

I hope I'm clear. Do you want to know more?

If possible, could you perhaps further explain the general setting in which this language is spoken?

I'm not absolutely sure I understand the question, just tell me if I'm not answering it at all.

Dèyrik is used to be a language that every inhabitant of the empire could use. Its way of working is translatable to species using different way of talking. It's meant to be the language of the people, easy to learn and use. It is used as a language in the street, or to talk with friends and family. Though if you want to write a book, or an article in the news, etc... you'll have to use the Fikji, which a more complex and complete language.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Welcome back!
Threr wrote:This "contraction" has absolutely no connotation, it's just normal. (Though you'll sound like someone who's never have a social life if you don't use it ^^)
Then isn't that the kind of connotation that his type of contraction has, though?
Threr wrote:I hope I'm clear. Do you want to know more?
I think it's clear, but if you have more you want to explain, feel free to do so.
Threr wrote:I'm not absolutely sure I understand the question, just tell me if I'm not answering it at all.

Dèyrik is used to be a language that every inhabitant of the empire could use. Its way of working is translatable to species using different way of talking. It's meant to be the language of the people, easy to learn and use. It is used as a language in the street, or to talk with friends and family. Though if you want to write a book, or an article in the news, etc... you'll have to use the Fikji, which a more complex and complete language.
Sorry, it is a difficult question to phrase correctly, so hopefully I can restate it in a way that makes more sense.

When I ask about the setting, I mean where and when the language is spoken. What is this empire? How does it work? Where is it? Is it in our universe, or another universe? If it's in another universe, does that universe work somewhat like our own, or does it work in a completely different way? What kind of lives do the speakers lead? What kind of technology do they use? If you had to compare the time period in which they live to a time period on Earth, would the most accurate period for comparison be in Earth's past, present, or future?
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

shimobaatar wrote:Then isn't that the kind of connotation that his type of contraction has, though?
I think so.
shimobaatar wrote: I think it's clear, but if you have more you want to explain, feel free to do so.
I probably will, but not all at once, I'm going to forget to many of them if I do so.
shimobaatar wrote:Sorry, it is a difficult question to phrase correctly, so hopefully I can restate it in a way that makes more sense.

When I ask about the setting, I mean where and when the language is spoken. What is this empire? How does it work? Where is it? Is it in our universe, or another universe? If it's in another universe, does that universe work somewhat like our own, or does it work in a completely different way? What kind of lives do the speakers lead? What kind of technology do they use? If you had to compare the time period in which they live to a time period on Earth, would the most accurate period for comparison be in Earth's past, present, or future?
Dèyrik is the official language of the ikian empire which is the most enormous and known empire of my conworld. I don't know if it is said before, but I'm before all interested in conworlding. I've started to invent languages in order to have them fit my world.
The ikian empire is composed by other empires. It belongs to the gods. Every god has a region of the universe belonging to him. All those gods serve a Neo which is basically a god's god. And the Neos are supposed to serve the emperor. And the emperor has all the power, as long as the gods' council agrees with his decisions.
Where it is? My conworld is basically Aras. In the world of Aras is the Catakrypte (or kontakatakripotassé in Dèyrik), in which is the world of Antôrsioa. This is the main part of my world. Only the deepest southern regions of this universe don't belong to the ikian empire. (cf image)
My world doesn't work the way ours does at all. Though I don't know if it's the right place to talk about it.
Depending on which planet, which part of the universe, which region, and which time you take, the technology used isn't the same. Some species can use technologies that make space travelling an easy and free part of their lives, others still use animals' backs to walk from one of their countries to another.

The Dèyrik is a language that had multiple versions. The one I'm introducing here is the Tahari Dèyrik. (The only version that came after this one is the Dèyrik mé Iki) The first version of the Dèyrik appeared in the first time of the first age : the godlike time. And the Tahari Dèyrik appears at the beginning of the fourth age.

Knowing there are thirteen ages in Antôrsioa's history. To use it's like it started with the old Egypt and lasted until the middle of the middle age.

Here are some drawings I made to make it more clear :

shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

So, do I understand correctly that your conworld is a universe, rather than a planet, and that this empire covers most of the universe? Are the regions of the empire planets, groups of planets, galaxies, groups of galaxies, or something else? What powers do these gods, Neos, and emperors have? How many of each are there at once (I assume there's only one emperor at once)?
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

shimobaatar wrote:So, do I understand correctly that your conworld is a universe, rather than a planet, and that this empire covers most of the universe? Are the regions of the empire planets, groups of planets, galaxies, groups of galaxies, or something else? What powers do these gods, Neos, and emperors have? How many of each are there at once (I assume there's only one emperor at once)?
You understand well, my conworld is even actually some kind of multi multiverse... ^^"
And the empire cover most of one of the universes, yes.

The regions are changing a lot. The gods created the world in order to use it as a game. So the gods fight each others through mortals and have their regions growing. Most of the time, their regions are groups of galaxies.
They have all power on their region, if the emperor agree.
What I call a god is a "Nûhnis" in Dèyrik and a Néo is "Néwis".
Being a Newis or a Nûhnis is set at their birth and is totally unpredictable. Though the gods (both Nûhnin and Néwin) stopped breeding a long time ago, and stopped at the number of 4000.
There is a total of fifteen Néwin. (So there are 3985 Nûhnin)
There is one emperor or no emperor from time to time.
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Ahh, OK, thank you for your explanations. [:)]
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

Plural

Plural can be a little tricky in deyryck as they are many plural and as they're also used to create the interrogation of a sentence.

Plural suffix

The plural starts with a suffix : -n.
You can basically apply it on any element of the language. Yet, it is most commonly found on filian words.

Example:

Dajarkam: house
Dajarka(m)n: houses

It's important to keep in mind that the plural will, most of the time, only appear if there is a need for precision.

Exemple:

Past dajarka: two houses (the number already makes the plural explicit)

Plurals

There are three other main plural forms that you can find.
  • -nt: The individual plural: every part of the group is concerned by itself.
  • -nd: The grouped plural: members (not necessarily the entire group) of the group are concerned.
  • -nq: The strongly grouped plural: the group as a single entity is concerned.

Interrogative form

This part might be a little weirder. Every sentence as a goal that tells its intention. By making it plural, you indicates the expectation of another goal, which means you're expecting another sentence, an answer, most likely. That's why the plural is used to create the interrogative form in deyryck.

Example:

Tivèdla a = You eat.
Tivèdla an = Do you eat?

Other interrogative forms

As for the plural, the interrogation can also be more precise thanks to four other forms :
  • -bn: Request: asking for one's action.
  • -pn: Information request: asking of one to give information.
  • -dn: Validation: asking whether an information is correct or not.
  • -tn: Approbation: asking for one's approbation/confirmation.
Last edited by Threr on 07 Jun 2022 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

Marian form

Marian form is a simple type of form that appear when a word is put between two other words. This is a rather simple thing. Yet, it has some interesting properties in deyryck as it allows you to describe a larger group by describing the word in the middle.

Let's take this example :

I need blue books and papers.

You may assume that both the books and papers have to be blue or the only the books have to. In English as in Deyryck, there are many ways to be more precise.
But in Deyryck the most common one will be to describe 'and'.

I need books blue'and papers.

Blue will then describe the whole group.

This form is widely used with "mi". Mi is the word used to have a remote subject in Deyryck. "Ti irama' " would become "Mii ti mirama' ".

Let's say you know want the subject to be : "Ro ta i" (he and I).

You'll have :

"Ro mita i ti mirama' "

This is very simple concept, but it is used almost all the time and it many many different ways.
Threr
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Threr »

:: Types of words ::

Deyryck does not differentiate words based on their functions. Indeed there are no nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. The goal of this post is to explain the different classes of words that the Deyryck uses.

This is going to be a long post...

:: Guig ::

First off, the way Deyryck defines a "word" can be very different from our own. A word is any part of a sentence that carries a meaning on its own. It is not restricted to a sequence of letters. In order to make the distinction clear, I will use the Deyryck term "guig" when referring this definition and word for a more common definition.

Here is how different that can be:

nid ra ikopôn da == I will come for her.

The words are: "nid", "ra", "ikopôn", "da".
The guigs are: "nid", "ra", "a"(from ra), "i", "ko", "pôn", "ikopôn", "nid ra", "nid ra ikopôn da", "da", "d"(from da), "a"(from da).

Yes, the entire sentence is considered a guig. It's not just a question of what those words mean, it has important implications.

For instance, I could say:

nid ra ikopôn dam ilékona == lit. I don't like "I will come for her".

And that would be a valid sentence. (It is mostly useful when using more advanced features such as bilôns, so I want linger on the correct way to translate it)

:: Levels ::

The first and most important type of class of guigs is the level. Every guig in Deyryck is associated with a level which is a number from 0 to 10. There could theoretically be levels lower or higher, but that would be hard to imagine. The level of a guig defines its precision. The greater the level the more the meaning of the guig is going to be precise.

We could describe them as follow:
  • Level 0: Nuance
  • Level 1: Idea
  • Level 2: Domain
  • Level 3: Notion
  • Level 4: Precision
  • Level 5: Specificity
  • Level 6: Image/Reference
  • Level 7: Exact information
  • Level 8: Slang/Cant
  • Level 9: Thorough information
  • Level 10: Definition
There is (unsurprisingly) a direct link between the size of a guig and its level. Level 0 guig are often made of a single character and are very important.

For instance, there are vowel couples like a/ê for feminine/masculine. They will allow phrases such as: "san t'ê" (~ladies and gentlemen). Many guig will be created using combination of higher level guig with level 0 nuances. Those cannot be found in a dictionary but are definitely legion.

Most guigs are either 4 or 5.

:: Origins ::

Deyryck is a language with a lot of history and many different influences. Thus guigs can have many different origins. And a guig origin might have a great impact on how a guig is used or will behave. Because of that Deyryck uses the origin of guig as a class to separate them. It would take a lot of time to describe all origins here, so I will focus on the most important ones.

:: Phark ::

When I say Deyryck it is actually a shorter name for "Tahari'Dèyrik" which is the Deyryck that appears during the fourth age. There has been many different "Deyryck" before it. The guigs of Phark are fairly recent. Phark Maria is a noble (halfgod) mathematician and philosopher very famous in the capital. He invented a series of guigs to simplify some part of the language. Those guigs quickly spread through the empire and became part of the language. They're the latest "cool kids".

Those guigs became popular and were created because of a new era of Deyryck where the use of numbers and what would then be called the "marian form" (in reference to Phark) were predominant. So their behavior revolve a lot around those two.

:: Adarans ::

Adaria is a huge "planet" (not a planet, but not the place to talk about it) that is home to the city of Sablèh. Because of that it is both the capital of the ikian empire (where Deyryck is used) and the whole universe. Therefore the guigs that become popular on Adaria tends to spread quickly and become popular. Those guigs are called the adarans.

The adaran guigs are amongst the most used guigs there are but they don't really have a common theme. Like Phark's guigs they tend to be mostly synthesizers (talk about that in a sec).

:: "o" guigs ::

The "o" guigs are guigs that ends with "o" (except for kohos). They are guigs that survived through the ages and originated from the Deykrik, first language of the ikian empire. They usually refer to big things or important ideas. Although it is completely legal, it is rare to see them altered by other guigs. They tend to have broader meaning and are slightly lower levels than the mean. For instance, "imio" is the theme for the "world" but can also mean "conquer".

:: Filians ::

The filian guigs are the guigs that got normalized and have the most common origins (ikji, fikji, dèyroko, maat). They almost always end with an "a". Some common exceptions are "kah" and "sprah".

They have a lot of properties. The most common being their ability to create a "descriptive" form by changing the final "a" for an "i". Which can then be used with other guigs to create many different forms.

:: Emfilians ::

The emfilians are filians whose not normalized form prevailed through time and remained. A common example is "témériat" (rabbit). They all have to be handled in a different way, but since they kept their form because of their use people always know how.

There are also words that became emfilians either out of respect of despise. For instance, Àntôrsioa (yeah it end with an "a", but is considered emfilian) which is the name of the universe or inéstrias (honor, an important value for the ikians).

Some emfilians are filians at the same time depending on the region. For instance "adjokû" (equivalent of an "hour") is used as "adjoka" is most northern regions of the empire.

Kah and Sprah cited earlier are NOT emfilians, they are considered a subnormalization.

:: FDD ::

The ikian empire has two languages: Deyryck and Fikji. In my conworld, languages are separated into two kinds: dèyan and kjyan. The dèyan are languages that focus on intention whereas kjyan focus on information. So Fikji is more of an administration language. Still its words are of higher level than most Deyryck words. So some of them are used in their different forms in Deyryck as well. This is called the Fikji Dèr Dèyrik (FDD).

:: Synthesizers ::

Deyryck's grammar is called a "bird" and its guig the "plumage". The bird is very straightforward and easy but it does not offer much possibilities. So the guigs will alter it to offer more options to the speakers. A guig that alters the bird is called a synthetizer.

Synthesizers could be considered a class of guig, but technically, every guig is a synthesizer. What makes a guig a synthesizer is how it's used not an intrinsic aspect. Still I talked about synthesizers earlier as if it were a type of guig. Indeed most Phark and Adaran guigs were designed to be used as synthesizers. But that doesn't mean they will and can be used normally. No guig is restricted to a specific usage.

Yet, when used as synthesizers, different behavior can be extrapolated. Those are used as classes for guigs.

:: Marks ::

Marks are designed to attach to other guig to alter their meaning. Marks are mostly suffixes and prefixes. They will either start or end with an "ê". This is where they are supposed to be attached. This "ê" tends to be omitted whether marks are used as synthesizer or normally.

Marks that are meant to be used as prefixes are called premarks (PRE_M). Marks that are meant to be used as suffixes are called postmarks (POST_M).

Examples:

méta == day
(ê)pôn == future
méta(ê)pôn == tomorrow/another day

kohos == coming
sôz(ê) == opposite
sôz(ê)kohos == departure

sôz ramé == Look at the opposite (direction).
pôn ramé == Watch the future.

(Deyryck is very context dependent, translations can vary.)

:: Introductions ::

Introductions are similar to marks but don't have the "ê" and are detached from the guig they affect.

Introductions that come after the guig are called postintroductions (POST_S). Introductions that come before the guig are called preintroductions (PRE_S).

ni == moment in time
métapôn ni ikohos a == I will come tomorrow.

nid == beneficiary
nid pôn ramé == Watch (it) for the/your future.

:: Marian ::

Explained in the previous post. They are the marians (MARI_S)

:: RADs ::

The Relative Adaran Descriptors use the numbers to express various level of a theme (proximity, certainty, etc.). Their behavior is complex and would require a post of its own.

:: Pure Synthesizers ::

A Pure Synthesizers (PURE_S) is a synthesizer that has a behavior that is part of no other category.

:: Super Synthesizers ::

A Super Synthesizer (SUPER_S) is a synthesizer that has more than one behavior as a synthesizer. They can be fully pure, partially pure or not pure at all.

That list does not end there, but I do. I'm tired and if you've read up to that point, you most probably are too.