Lexicon milestones

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

Iyionaku wrote: 23 Aug 2018 13:44 I feel like Khemehekis has killed this thread - no offense at all, but every small achievement pales in comparison to this incredible amount of vocabulary that Kankonian has. [:(]

That being said, I'm still proud of Caelian that has finally reached the 1,000 word mark. The 1,000st word is the root *g-lp-l, meaning "cigarette, to smoke a cigarette"
(hug)

though I might be Khemehekis-ing sometimes...I have one language(Town Speech/Urban Basanawa, but theoretically it actually has much more words...as theoretically every Sino-Japanese word in Japanese also has a legit correspondence in Town Speech/Urban Basanawa...they are just not registered yet...) and one collablang(Kavrinian, I started to take the expansion over from Ridley this year...) with 10,000+ entries...and one with 6,000+ entries(Lonmai Luna) and also one with 3,000+ entries(Mayato MKII)...
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

Iyionaku wrote: 23 Aug 2018 13:44 I feel like Khemehekis has killed this thread - no offense at all, but every small achievement pales in comparison to this incredible amount of vocabulary that Kankonian has. [:(]
[:'(]

I don't like filamenticide . . .
That being said, I'm still proud of Caelian that has finally reached the 1,000 word mark. The 1,000st word is the root *g-lp-l, meaning "cigarette, to smoke a cigarette"
Woo-HOO!

1,000 words is one of the most important and iconic milestones in the life of a conlang.

The others, I suppose, would be 100, 2,500, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, and 50,000. I'm not aware of a conlang with 100,000 words (and I'm not counting subset and superset languages).
Last edited by Khemehekis on 30 Aug 2018 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote: 23 Aug 2018 14:55 though I might be Khemehekis-ing sometimes...I have one language(Town Speech/Urban Basanawa, but theoretically it actually has much more words...as theoretically every Sino-Japanese word in Japanese also has a legit correspondence in Town Speech/Urban Basanawa...they are just not registered yet...) and one collablang(Kavrinian, I started to take the expansion over from Ridley this year...) with 10,000+ entries...and one with 6,000+ entries(Lonmai Luna) and also one with 3,000+ entries(Mayato MKII)...
Wow . . . first time I've heard my name used as a verb. I'm in the exclusive club of conlangers whose names have undergone antonomasia. (Speaking of which, k1234567890y, what were words 1-10 in Lonmai Luna? [:P] )

By the way, k1234567890y, I have a list of conlangs with over 10,000 words in their lexica. There are 45 conlangs on the list so far, but I'd like to add Kavrinian. A sample line in my list looks like this:

16,627 Arka - Seren Arbazard; spoken on the planet Kaldia

Another looks like this:

28,000 Talossan - R. Ben Madison; micronational language, Romance but lacking a consistent derivation from Latin

I googled Kavrinian and see a little on it at https://conworkshop.com/view_language.php?l=KVN . Whom should I attribute the language to? Are there any facts you think I should include on Kavrinian in its line?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

Khemehekis wrote: 30 Aug 2018 00:05
k1234567890y wrote: 23 Aug 2018 14:55 though I might be Khemehekis-ing sometimes...I have one language(Town Speech/Urban Basanawa, but theoretically it actually has much more words...as theoretically every Sino-Japanese word in Japanese also has a legit correspondence in Town Speech/Urban Basanawa...they are just not registered yet...) and one collablang(Kavrinian, I started to take the expansion over from Ridley this year...) with 10,000+ entries...and one with 6,000+ entries(Lonmai Luna) and also one with 3,000+ entries(Mayato MKII)...
Wow . . . first time I've heard my name used as a verb. I'm in the exclusive club of conlangers whose names have undergone antonomasia. (Speaking of which, k1234567890y, what were words 1-10 in Lonmai Luna? [:P] )

By the way, k1234567890y, I have a list of conlangs with over 10,000 words in their lexica. There are 45 conlangs on the list so far, but I'd like to add Kavrinian. A sample line in my list looks like this:

16,627 Arka - Seren Arbazard; spoken on the planet Kaldia

Another looks like this:

28,000 Talossan - R. Ben Madison; micronational language, Romance but lacking a consistent derivation from Latin

I googled Kavrinian and see a little on it at https://conworkshop.com/view_language.php?l=KVN . Whom should I attribute the language to? Are there any facts you think I should include on Kavrinian in its line?
cite Ridley but mention that most works are done by someone else.
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote: 30 Aug 2018 23:29
Khemehekis wrote: 30 Aug 2018 00:05
k1234567890y wrote: 23 Aug 2018 14:55 though I might be Khemehekis-ing sometimes...I have one language(Town Speech/Urban Basanawa, but theoretically it actually has much more words...as theoretically every Sino-Japanese word in Japanese also has a legit correspondence in Town Speech/Urban Basanawa...they are just not registered yet...) and one collablang(Kavrinian, I started to take the expansion over from Ridley this year...) with 10,000+ entries...and one with 6,000+ entries(Lonmai Luna) and also one with 3,000+ entries(Mayato MKII)...
Wow . . . first time I've heard my name used as a verb. I'm in the exclusive club of conlangers whose names have undergone antonomasia. (Speaking of which, k1234567890y, what were words 1-10 in Lonmai Luna? [:P] )

By the way, k1234567890y, I have a list of conlangs with over 10,000 words in their lexica. There are 45 conlangs on the list so far, but I'd like to add Kavrinian. A sample line in my list looks like this:

16,627 Arka - Seren Arbazard; spoken on the planet Kaldia

Another looks like this:

28,000 Talossan - R. Ben Madison; micronational language, Romance but lacking a consistent derivation from Latin

I googled Kavrinian and see a little on it at https://conworkshop.com/view_language.php?l=KVN . Whom should I attribute the language to? Are there any facts you think I should include on Kavrinian in its line?
cite Ridley but mention that most works are done by someone else.
Does "works" mean "words"? Or do you mean most of the work on the language?

Also, is Ridley the originator's surname (if so what's their first name?), or just a screenname? If it's a screenname, is Ridley's meatspace name known, or are they keeping it a secret?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

Khemehekis wrote: 31 Aug 2018 00:29 Does "works" mean "words"? Or do you mean most of the work on the language?

Also, is Ridley the originator's surname (if so what's their first name?), or just a screenname? If it's a screenname, is Ridley's meatspace name known, or are they keeping it a secret?
including but not just, and the name (Ultimate)Ridley is his pseudonym used online, I think.
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

OK. The line for Kavrinian now reads:

12,086 Kavrinian - Ultimate Ridley et al.; collaborative language spoken in Lhavres on the planet Sahar; most words created by others
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

I started to talk to a non-conlanging group about something related to my conworlds...mainly those related to Town Speech/Urban Basanawa and Ame(Town Speech/Urban Basanawa and Ame now belong to the same world, btw)

Also New Yamato, the country where Town Speech/Urban Basanawa is spoken, is renamed to the Nousa Kingdom, and the word Nousa is from the Ame language.
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

Wait, did you say, in this post, that Town Speech/Urban Basanawa has over 10,000 words? If so, I can add that too!

What line would you write for that conlang?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2018 07:01 Wait, did you say, in this post, that Town Speech/Urban Basanawa has over 10,000 words? If so, I can add that too!

What line would you write for that conlang?
yes...

lines? for what?
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote: 05 Sep 2018 07:03 yes...

lines? for what?
Line for my list.

Like these:

11,200 Paolanté - B. Christopher Suchsland-Gutiérrez; fictional Romance language
11,500 Interslavic - Juraj Križanic; Slavic zonal language
about 12,000 Rodinian - Rodiniye; worldlang repurposed as an artlang
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

ok (:

maybe "A West Germanic language, the fact is obscured by the writing system and the large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary"?
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote: 05 Sep 2018 07:28 ok (:

maybe "A West Germanic language, the fact is obscured by the writing system and the large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary"?
OK.

How about:

10,800 Town Speech/Urban Basanawa - UniLastation/k1234567890y; West Germanic language (its Germanic nature obscured by the writing system and the large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary)

What name should I credit you by, BTW? I like to use conlangers' real names on this list, but if you're keeping your meatspace name a secret on the Internet, I can credit you by one of your screennames.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2018 07:37
k1234567890y wrote: 05 Sep 2018 07:28 ok (:

maybe "A West Germanic language, the fact is obscured by the writing system and the large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary"?
OK.

How about:

10,800 Town Speech/Urban Basanawa - UniLastation/k1234567890y; West Germanic language (its Germanic nature obscured by the writing system and the large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary)

What name should I credit you by, BTW? I like to use conlangers' real names on this list, but if you're keeping your meatspace name a secret on the Internet, I can credit you by one of your screennames.
sure

credit me as k1234567890y
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

Cool!

Your conlang now sits in its place on the list:

more than 10,000 Loglan - James Cooke Brown; logical language with a posteriori lexicon
10,800 Town Speech/Urban Basanawa - k1234567890y; West Germanic artlang (its Germanic nature obscured by writing system and large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary)
11,000 LANGUST - Grigoriy Korolev; auxlang based on 45 "atoms", aUI-style
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2018 08:25 Cool!

Your conlang now sits in its place on the list:

more than 10,000 Loglan - James Cooke Brown; logical language with a posteriori lexicon
10,800 Town Speech/Urban Basanawa - k1234567890y; West Germanic artlang (its Germanic nature obscured by writing system and large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary)
11,000 LANGUST - Grigoriy Korolev; auxlang based on 45 "atoms", aUI-style
thanks (:

where is the list, btw?
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

k1234567890y wrote: 05 Sep 2018 08:31
Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2018 08:25 Cool!

Your conlang now sits in its place on the list:

more than 10,000 Loglan - James Cooke Brown; logical language with a posteriori lexicon
10,800 Town Speech/Urban Basanawa - k1234567890y; West Germanic artlang (its Germanic nature obscured by writing system and large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary)
11,000 LANGUST - Grigoriy Korolev; auxlang based on 45 "atoms", aUI-style
thanks (:

where is the list, btw?
You're welcome.

The list exists only in my laptop (and on Box.com).

Would you like me to PM you the list?

Would anyone like me to post the list publicly?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
User avatar
k1234567890y
mayan
mayan
Posts: 2300
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 04:47
Contact:

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by k1234567890y »

Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2018 08:36
k1234567890y wrote: 05 Sep 2018 08:31
Khemehekis wrote: 05 Sep 2018 08:25 Cool!

Your conlang now sits in its place on the list:

more than 10,000 Loglan - James Cooke Brown; logical language with a posteriori lexicon
10,800 Town Speech/Urban Basanawa - k1234567890y; West Germanic artlang (its Germanic nature obscured by writing system and large amount of Sino-Xenic vocabulary)
11,000 LANGUST - Grigoriy Korolev; auxlang based on 45 "atoms", aUI-style
thanks (:

where is the list, btw?
You're welcome.

The list exists only in my laptop (and on Box.com).

Would you like me to PM you the list?

Would anyone like me to post the list publicly?
you decide, maybe keep it to yourself
I prefer to not be referred to with masculine pronouns and nouns such as “he/him/his”.
yangfiretiger121
sinic
sinic
Posts: 324
Joined: 17 Jun 2018 03:04

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by yangfiretiger121 »

Excluding inflected forms, Sefma Zoaji, or Zoan Creole, has 153 individual words but 155 dictionary entries. Please note that phrases, such as Sefma Zoaji, are excluded from the 153 because they contain duplicated words.
Alien conlangs (Font may be needed for Vai symbols)
Khemehekis
runic
runic
Posts: 2458
Joined: 14 Aug 2010 09:36
Location: California über alles

Re: Lexicon milestones

Post by Khemehekis »

yangfiretiger121 wrote: 05 Sep 2018 15:27 Excluding inflected forms, Sefma Zoaji, or Zoan Creole, has 153 individual words but 155 dictionary entries. Please note that phrases, such as Sefma Zoaji, are excluded from the 153 because they contain duplicated words.
Why shouldn't you count such dictionary entries as words? In my lexicon count for Kankonian, I count such items as mead awaor (against the grain) and behadet hel phophors (posted trespass) as words.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 66,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Post Reply