The CBB Conlang Census

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: The CBB Conlang Census

Post by Khemehekis »

J_from_Holland wrote: Isn't it a good idea to include information about how many words the conlangs have and how far they are developed?
Good idea. Let it be known that Kankonian has over 47,500 words.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
clawgrip
MVP
MVP

Post by clawgrip »

Himmaswa so far only has something like 2300 words, so not nearly as impressive. However, the script currently has 1101 characters.
Xing
MVP
MVP

Post by Xing »

I have one semi-developed language – Waku. Relevant links are in my sig. Typologically it could be characterised as mainly analytic. I began to work on it around 2009.
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

I have Søsøzatli which is half decent. Dates from the end of 2013. There's a link to a pdf on my sig.

Søsøzatli (2013): A not very naturalistic experiment on many things. I put too much thought into fitting the stuff toghether to call it kitchen sink though.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9DLwb ... sp=sharing

Proto-Gigkpoyan (2014): Agglutinative VSO (one of the initial premises was to have Japanese tipologically backwards) with tons of very weird consonant clusters. Part of the Teles Collabworld Project.
Grammar sketch here and an incomplete lexicon here (i have twice as many words in my excel file)

Gigxkpoyan Family (2015): A rather incomplete page here. I'll make either a huge Gigxkpoyan Archithread or several dedicated gigxkpoyan thread once i actually get my lexicons running.
Spoiler:
I just saw that Himmaswa and Kankonian are older than me. [O.o]
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
J_from_Holland
sinic
sinic

Post by J_from_Holland »

loglorn wrote:I have Søsøzatli which is half decent. Dates from the end of 2013. There's a link to a pdf on my sig.

Søsøzatli (2013): A not very naturalistic experiment on many things. I put too much thought into fitting the stuff toghether to call it kitchen sink though.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9DLwb ... sp=sharing

Proto-Gigkpoyan (2014): Agglutinative VSO (one of the initial premises was to have Japanese tipologically backwards) with tons of very weird consonant clusters. Part of the Teles Collabworld Project.
Grammar sketch here and an incomplete lexicon here (i have twice as many words in my excel file)

Gigxkpoyan Family (2015): A rather incomplete page here. I'll make either a huge Gigxkpoyan Archithread or several dedicated gigxkpoyan thread once i actually get my lexicons running.
Spoiler:
I just saw that Himmaswa and Kankonian are older than me. [O.o]
Half decent? What does that mean? Is that a kind of language, or just the amount of words?
And Kankonian is also older than me. Nice to see conlangers who are about as old as me.
Idea: we're gonna communicate about ages this way on this forum... "I'm older than Kankonian." "I'm younger than Kankonian but older than Himmaswa." XD
A few years, I posted about Bløjhvåtterskyll. That's Barmish nowadays, and it's quite different from back then.
:nld: :mrgreen: | :eng: [:D] | :deu: [:D] | :fra: [:P] | :ell: [:$] | :nor: [:$]
loglorn
mayan
mayan

Post by loglorn »

J_from_Holland wrote:
Half decent? What does that mean? Is that a kind of language, or just the amount of words?
And Kankonian is also older than me. Nice to see conlangers who are about as old as me.
Idea: we're gonna communicate about ages this way on this forum... "I'm older than Kankonian." "I'm younger than Kankonian but older than Himmaswa." XD
I don't feel like I have accomplished my objectives in crafting it, specially naturalism. A lot of it doesn't feel natural. I'm quite satisfied with the derivational processes though.
Spoiler:
of you go to the You thread you can probably find my fate of birth. Don't tell anyone though. [;)]
That method of age measuring doesn't really account for eldin though [:P]
Diachronic Conlanging is the path to happiness, given time. [;)]

Gigxkpoyan Languages: CHÍFJAEŚÍ RETLA TLAPTHUV DÄLDLEN CJUŚËKNJU ṢATT

Other langs: Søsøzatli Kamëzet
prettydragoon
sinic
sinic

Post by prettydragoon »

Hi, my name is prettydragoon and I'm a conlanger.

Rireinutire dates from 2011, when the world of Rireinu and its associated cultures started taking form. Unlike one learnéd gentleman who created a world so that he could have a people to speak a certain sentence, I started with a world and its dominant culture (actually, it fell off the back of a book) and then began to craft a language to suit their biology and worldview. So Rireinutire is certainly an artlang.

Rireinu is the homeworld of a spacefaring civilisation somewhere in the Milky Way galaxy.

So what kind of a language is Rireinutire? To start with, it is a priori, which also means most of it is e posteriori. Here's a lot of relevant buzzwords in random order: nominative-accusative alignment, SOV, agglutinative, head-final, pro-drop, four genders (rational, feminine, masculine, inanimate), plural only marked in pronouns, 12 noun cases, telicity distinction in object cases, 5 vowels and 12 consonants, natively written with a syllabary.

How many words does Rireinutire have at this time? It depends. What's a word? Rireinutire is a compoundphilic language; where do you draw the line between a nonce compound and a real official permanent dictionary-quality compound? Many names are also nonce compounds, and sometimes they turn into words (cf. zeppelin, pasteurise). There are also several very productive derivational affixes. Also, what about homonymy and polysemy? Anyway, as of this writing my master list has 4,053 lemma forms and 7,585 English glosses. So let's call it an even 4k words.

Things about Rireinutire are spread haphazardly all over teh intarwebs.

A lot of stuff:
http://conworkshop.info/view_language.php?l=RIR
Some grammar right here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2988
The aforementioned master list of words:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpe3nljam10l6 ... u.xls?dl=0
♀♥♀
What is this, how you say, Rireinutire?
xroox
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by xroox »

elemtilas wrote: Tnaap
xroox: Artlang, small phoneme inventory (12 phonemes), polysynthetic, VSO, fluid-s active alignment, abugida script.
My conlang is Tnaap, not xroox D:
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

xroox wrote:
elemtilas wrote: Tnaap
xroox: Artlang, small phoneme inventory (12 phonemes), polysynthetic, VSO, fluid-s active alignment, abugida script.
My conlang is Tnaap, not xroox D:
Sorry! ... Corrected.
Squall
greek
greek

Post by Squall »

Too bad. My old threads are not updated and many of my conlangs are not described in English. [:'(]
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes or lack of knowledge when I discuss this language.
:bra: :mrgreen: | :uk: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :epo: [:|] | :lat: [:S] | :jpn: [:'(]
elemtilas
runic
runic

Post by elemtilas »

Squall wrote:Too bad. My old threads are not updated and many of my conlangs are not described in English. [:'(]
That's okay. They don't have to be described in English. Post the relevant data & links anyway...
Squall
greek
greek

Post by Squall »

• Sĩburãw - It is a grammar and a logographic writing system. It is not a spoken language. It uses ideograms, but it can be written with kanji and katakana as well.
  • Xioran (2013) - Artlang, made from the scratch, highly isolating, regular, flexible word order.
  • Japonic Latin (2015) - A combination of Japanese and Latin.
  • My unnamed Esperanto-based conlang (2014)
  • Neolatin (2014) - A conservative Romance language.
Those languages were updated in 2015. I have to review my files.
English is not my native language. Sorry for any mistakes or lack of knowledge when I discuss this language.
:bra: :mrgreen: | :uk: [:D] | :esp: [:)] | :epo: [:|] | :lat: [:S] | :jpn: [:'(]
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Taksheyut, no?
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Ketumak
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by Ketumak »

Õtari: a priori artlang (2010 et seq); Tekuo conworld. Nom-Acc. Analytic. Features noun classifiers, and much valence adjustment. Transitive clause: SVO. Intransitive clause: SV/VS. (Proto-language for Lemohai). 850 words.

(edit): The full grammar pdf is now embedded in this page, towards the bottom. There's stuff about some of my earlier work there, too.
Last edited by Ketumak on 02 Feb 2016 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Good: :fra: :esp: :por: | OK :ita:

Mohai
Omzinesý
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Omzinesý »

None of my langs are ready.
My main langs are Vtayn and Kahichali. Both have grammars on PDF, which I may publish on some day when they are ready enough. But the development threads here will do now.

Vtayn, art lang, spoken in world of Rkuom.
Fusional and somewhat agglutinative.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3363&hilit=vtayn

Kahichali, art lang, spoken in world of Kahitu
agglutinative and fusional. Polysynthetic
Interesting phonology and modal system
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2690&hilit=kahichali
My meta-thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5760
Squall
greek
greek

Post by Squall »

More conlangs:
  • Yunivah - This is an artlang designed to get words from many languages and keep etymological spelling. The pronunciation is always known, but some phonemes can be spelled with multiple manners.
  • Proto-Auxlang - This is a project of creating the easiest auxlang, a language supposed to be simple and easy to learn for most foreigners. Unfortunately, it seems that everyone here dislikes auxlangs. [:'(]
druneragarsh
sinic
sinic

Post by druneragarsh »

My more complete langs: (100+ words, some basic grammar)
Drún, Erg-Abs isolating lang from 2010-ish, had a long hiatus before being resurrected in 2015. Spoken on the Drunworld, written in the Drunscript.

Mira, Nom-Acc agglutinating lang from 2015, lots of derivational morphology, intended to be vaguely Uralic in feel. Spoken on the Drunworld, written in the Drunscript and also formerly in Inscriptional Mira, found on old grave markers.

(Next most complete langs are Eyþï, Žilèði, and Kixaḷi, all spoken on the Drunworld. None posted yet, though.)
drúne, rá gárš
drun-VOC I.ERG read

List of conlangs with links!
Refer to me with any sex-neutral (or feminine) 3s pronoun, either from English (no singular they please, zie etc are okay) or from one of your conlangs!
CWS
felipesnark
sinic
sinic

Post by felipesnark »

Shonkasika (2013) artlang, nom-acc, mostly agglutinative
CBB thread
WIP website
Visit my website for my blogs and information on my conlangs: http://grwilliams.net/ It's a work in progress!
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

My conlang history goes somewhat like this:
Faelnivian A complete nooblang that I will never mention again [;)]
Chudihr My first serious attempt at naturalism. Possibly my most developped language as far as lexicon and grammar are concerned. The most complete version of the grammar is here, and a version of the lexicon here.
An example: uehrnoţiai se uehrkodui chiaos fiŗa om. luŗai se abŗi lichtiohr ikùanichi eşu iuidutebiri ainifef isaue eşu iulofaiche.
Chudihr has two descendants: Chüi Baris and Monnush. These both have a few hundred words each, and one of my goals here was to see how different I could make them look.
An example sentence:
Chudihr - şemonkredes ambi aghdonghe.
Chüi Baris - šenkrē ambi chiüleghr kaukots.
Monnush - hōvéñil šmonreð oi viðlēr. ( < *fughi *feni *fil *şemonkredes *fughi *chùidelechihr)

Another of my languages is Besh Anglic, a hypothetical future I devised for British English, spoken in like 3000AD ish.
I pretty much derive words as I go, so there's not much documetnation.
I also have Boralian, which you can go read about here - I should probably update that again sometime. [B)]

Finally we have Torsane that I'm actively working on - I used it in the latest Conlang Relay. It looks like this:
Ba s’nuk ei a jon llu res wot ōg s’llu res inam s’llu res guwak s’llu ma – dadū jonak; b’ō ūrunte s’tebe a jon ti b’illow is.
Ti s'ubro a d'īk no dien ti; da tew graillum ber ti.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world