A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Re: What I have been working on

Post by Frislander »

OTʜᴇB wrote:
Frislander wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:I can't have a [st] cluster, but I can have [ʃr̆], so I'd use that as it is the closest I can get.
What about an epenthetic high-vowel?
That would also work, yielding either [ʃɪt] "ʃit" or [ʃiːt] "ʃiit", though I doubt a person would hear [st] and decide there is a vowel there.
Japanese people do that all the time...
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Frislander wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:
Frislander wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:I can't have a [st] cluster, but I can have [ʃr̆], so I'd use that as it is the closest I can get.
That would also work, yielding either [ʃɪt] "ʃit" or [ʃiːt] "ʃiit", though I doubt a person would hear [st] and decide there is a vowel there.
Japanese people do that all the time...
The problem with that is the fact that each consonant in my alphabet gets paired with a vowel. In previou posts I explained that the five latin sounding vowels a e i o and u were split up among 20 consonants, so if I have a word like abigail I run it through translation program I wrote for names in my language and as such the vowels become consnants and when the process is done you get Fmwpfwj which is the written word which becomes Famiwupefawuja when spoken.

Then, I have to set about deleting the (v)(c) pairs I do not want in an effort to shorten it down. After that, sometimes it ends up written the same as another word already in use and so I have to modify it some way so it is not spelled the same as any other word. I am thinking about adding a prefix to it that is only used for names. That way it could become the first part of the name.

OK, I have got it. "Ŧ" and "ŧ" is the prefix for names and it is pronounced Ŧɑʊ like the letters thou in the English word thousand.
This ensures that no name will be the same as any other word.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

OTʜᴇB wrote:
Frislander wrote:
This right here is pure gold gold.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 87,413 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

OK, so I have modified the language a bit more tweaking it somewhat. Now, some of the one syllable words which are numbers, double as pronouns. Before the first number in a string, the Ŋ (ENG) number identifier is required and again after the number string. So if you hear or see the number string identifier, then you know it is going to be either a number or a string of numbers. If one of the number words that double as a pronoun is not in a number string or have the identifier before or after it, then it is a pronoun.

PRONOUN SPELLING ENGLIISH PRONOUN
N NE I
N NE ME
NĎ NEĎ MY MINE
J JA YOU
JĎ JAĎ YOUR YOURS
V VE SHE
VĎ VEĎ HER HERS
W WU HE
WĎ WUĎ HIM HIS
Z ZU WE
Z ZU US
ZĎ ZUĎ OUR OURS
G GA THEY
G GA THEM
GĎ GAĎ THEIR THEIRS
C CHO IT
CĎ CHOĎ ITS
R RI ONE
RĎ RIĎ ONES

I did this so that the pronouns would be only one syllable.

I also began adding names to the language as well, but they will not always be little words. Some have 4 or 5 syllables. It cannot be helped as each consonant is paired with a vowel. So, no two consonants come together except in the written word and then when spoken the double consonant becomes "zhɑʊ". In my previous posts you will find a link to my grammar and dictionary document in pdf format. For those who have the earlier versions, the new one is available. I update it often as changes are made.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Khemehekis wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:
Frislander wrote:
So, you're well above the number of the conlanging beast, and I'm well under it. :mrgreen:
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

Khemehekis wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:
Frislander wrote:
I didn't know what that was. The internet said it was in that part of the vowel table, and those were the ones that were there. So the comment helped in that I now know I have an incorrect definition, but I think a correct definition would be a bit more helpful.
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

OTʜᴇB wrote:
Khemehekis wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:
Frislander wrote:
I didn't know what that was. The internet said it was in that part of the vowel table, and those were the ones that were there. So the comment helped in that I now know I have an incorrect definition, but I think a correct definition would be a bit more helpful.
A correct definition would be a bit more helpful? I think you completely missed the crux of my comment.

If you didn't understand it, try saying [ʃɪt] out loud, unless you're in a school or library. (Warning: NSFW!)

Also, notice the color I used for the second "gold".
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 87,413 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Frislander
mayan
mayan

Post by Frislander »

Khemehekis wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:
Khemehekis wrote:
OTʜᴇB wrote:
Frislander wrote:
A correct definition would be a bit more helpful? I think you completely missed the crux of my comment.

If you didn't understand it, try saying [ʃɪt] out loud, unless you're in a school or library. (Warning: NSFW!)

Also, notice the color I used for the second "gold".
You haven't called him out for the epenthetic long vowel yet!
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Ok, so Nagala went bust as it were, but I re-purposed it and several other language attempts into a better one called Dalig. Now i have a problem of since I based it on the American English vowels, and the Latin vowels, I have 1 o, 4 A's 2 E's 2 I's and 2 U's. So a lot of characters with funny stuff on them. Some are long vowels, some are semivowels, and one of my A's is a diphthong. I tried to get help by emailing someone I found that was a bit of a linguist. No help there turns out his English is British English, and he wondered why I based my language on the English vowels. Hah, I did it so I would not have to have only 5 vowels and extremely long words. [xD]

However, in an effort to not have so many acute and circumflex marks, I modified it slightly it now looks like this.

CONSONANTS IPA SOUND
/B/ B AS IN BACK
/Ĉ/ tʃ CH SOUND IN CHECK AND CHURCH
/D/ D AS IN DRY, DRAW, DESIGN, AND DUET
/F/ F AS IN FOSSIL, FAIL, FRAME, AND FINGERPRINT
/G/ G AS IN GO
/H/ H AS IN HAIL, HIEROGLYPHICS, HOSTAGE, AND HIT
/J/ dʒ AS IN MAGICIAN, SYRINGE, JEEP, AND MESSAGE
/K/ K AS IN KEY, KNOCK, KANGAROO, AND KAYAK
/L/ L AS IN LIZARD, LEARN, LAMP, AND LIBRARY
/M/ M AS IN ME, MISCHIEF, MOTOR
/N/ N AS IN NIGHT, NEWSPAPER, NIGHTMARE, AND NOODLE
/Ŋ/ ŋ AS IN SONG
/P/ AS IN PUPPY
/R/ R REGULAR ENGLISH R SOUND.
/S/ S AS IN START, SCRIPTURE
/T/ T AS IN TILE, THERMOMETER, TONGUE, AND TOY
/V/ V AS IN VIOLIN, VOLCANO, VACCINATION, AND VOTE
/Z/ ʒ S SOUND AS IN PLEASURE

VOWELS SOUND
/Ă/ æ SHORT A SOUND AS IN CAT, CAMOFLAUGE, CAMPAIGN
/A/ ɑ: THE SOUND IN HOP, GARAGE, CHOP, FATHER, PAW, AND BINOCULARS
/E/ e AS IN ELM, ELEVATOR, JELLYFISH, PENTAGON, AND DENTIST
/I/ i I AS IN MACHINE
/Ĭ/ ɪ AS IN IT, GIFT, INFLATE, SPINACH, AND CEREAL
/O/ oʊ AS IN OH, DOMINO, GHOST, PILLOW, AND STETHOSCOPE
/U/ u: LONG U (Ū) SOUND AS IN YOU, SALUTE, TOOTHBRUSH, GOOSE, BOOT, AND COSTUME
/Û/ ɜ:ʳ THE EAR SOUND AS IN LEARN, THE UR SOUND IN HURT AND TURN, AND THE OR SOUND IN WORK.
/Y/ J AS IN YOKE, YAWN, YACHT, YES AND YOGA.

I feel better about it. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Lao Kou
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Lao Kou »

Well, you've done the IPA, which should keep those folks somewhat at bay. I've never been averse or adverse to the "as in" approach; in fact I relish it (he said, opening himself to "this is why IPA makes life easier" criticism). I think, however, I would aim at more cardinal values of American English, which you've claimed as your standard ("See, in my idiolect, <cat> is pronounced [pθʊ̈b]." -- Puhlease! talk to the hand.). But picking words with different stress accents just sets yourself up for the "IPA! IPA! IPA!" crowd. "camouflage" (which is how that's spelled, by the way) and "campaign" as cardinal values?!

This is where the IPA protagonists win, I'm afraid. Though raised in a burb of Boston, and I flatter myself to think I speak a fairly generic American English, some of these are just not the same. If you'd narrowed your example field a little, we'd be totes on the same page, and it's a tough sound to nail down anyway. I presume to know where you're going with this, but I doubt "garage" and "binoculars" are especially helpful.

"Machine" is the only English /i/ word out there?

"Inflate" and "cereal" are not great cardinals. And why not just "scope"? And I'll guess "costume" may pose a problem or two.

IPA, IPA, yadda, yadda. But for the "as in" stuff, just stick to the <e> in "get" (and Lao Kou will now go back and review his "as in" pronunciations, which he, by the way, loves) [:P]

Ĉ over Č is a fun choice. (not sarcasm)
道可道,非常道
名可名,非常名
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Lao Kou wrote:Well, you've done the IPA, which should keep those folks somewhat at bay. I've never been averse or adverse to the "as in" approach; in fact I relish it (he said, opening himself to "this is why IPA makes life easier" criticism). I think, however, I would aim at more cardinal values of American English, which you've claimed as your standard ("See, in my idiolect, <cat> is pronounced [pθʊ̈b]." -- Puhlease! talk to the hand.). But picking words with different stress accents just sets yourself up for the "IPA! IPA! IPA!" crowd. "camouflage" (which is how that's spelled, by the way) and "campaign" as cardinal values?!

This is where the IPA protagonists win, I'm afraid. Though raised in a burb of Boston, and I flatter myself to think I speak a fairly generic American English, some of these are just not the same. If you'd narrowed your example field a little, we'd be totes on the same page, and it's a tough sound to nail down anyway. I presume to know where you're going with this, but I doubt "garage" and "binoculars" are especially helpful.

"Machine" is the only English /i/ word out there?

"Inflate" and "cereal" are not great cardinals. And why not just "scope"? And I'll guess "costume" may pose a problem or two.

IPA, IPA, yadda, yadda. But for the "as in" stuff, just stick to the <e> in "get" (and Lao Kou will now go back and review his "as in" pronunciations, which he, by the way, loves) [:P]

Ĉ over Č is a fun choice. (not sarcasm)
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have never been one to preach about the IPA. I can see it's benefits, but I also see that it is very time consuming chasing site after site on the internet to find the right sounds you want when making a conlang. I found a good script on omniglot's a-z index of languages. It is called bagoyin or some such spelling. I modified it heavily to write my Dalig. It can be found here in my drop box https://www.dropbox.com/s/elzh7l8yjes93 ... t.jpg?dl=0

as I move along with my language, I will post the language itself to my drop box account, and I will post the link. So far I have a little over 1300 words.

Ĉ over Č would be a fun choice except it's missing a Ć it should be Ć over Ĉ over Č this way they know where the accent falls. After all, we would not want anyone having trouble with our language. [B)] No, but seriously, I thought about writing my script in groups of 2 like YĬTĈ would be written with the Y above the Ĭ, and the T would go above the Ĉ beside the first two letters like this:

YT
ĬĈ.

It is easier on paper if you do not have a fixed width font on your computer. However sometimes, the word would have an odd number of letters, and would require a single letter at the end. I even thought about making a small square to be a place holder for the odd letter at the end so every symbol would be the same height. It would certainly make it hard to read for those wanting to snoop into someone's private thoughts. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Well, I took out some English words from my example words for my sounds which a new friend recommended I do, and he was right it's much better now.

I also modified my script to include a place holder as words are now written in groups of 2 with one going above the other. It is still written right to left, however because some words have an odd number of letters, we use the place holder to keep the odd letter the same height as the rest.

My next thing to work on is just to copy and paste English words from anywhere and everywhere and do a search in my spreadsheet as to whether or not they exist, and if they do not, then I will need to add them. That is actually to me the most time consuming part of it. At 1300 words, I've already got a fairly nice grammar set up for it. It just needs more words. Also I am thinking that the language will consist of mostly prose as far as songs and poems go. There may be some words that rhyme, but it will be an accident if they do. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
mira
greek
greek

Post by mira »

Larryrl wrote:/A/ ɑ: THE SOUND IN HOP, GARAGE, CHOP, FATHER, PAW, AND BINOCULARS
I'm so glad you had IPA for that. Those words are [hɒʔ̆p ɡæɹɪʔ̆d͡ʒ t͡ʃɒʔ̆p fɑðɜː pɔː bɪnɒʔ̆kʲəlɜ̆z] for me so your <A> could have been any of [ɒ ɪ ɑ ɔː ə ɜ̆].
Larryrl wrote:ɜ:ʳ
I believe this should be written a little more like [ɜ˞ ː]
website | music | she/her | :gbr: native :deu: beginner
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

There are still some special characters in my language, but not near as many as there was. I went from 13 vowels down to 9, so I feel OK about it. also am using a trial of an excel add in. It is kutools. One of the features is I can highlight a spreadsheet column full of words and tell it to reverse the words, which allows me more of my ready words to be used in my language. Some words are made up by me, and some are generated using a computer program I wrote. Some conlangers say that word generators cause the language to be harder to learn than if you picked out the words off of the top of your head. Not sure one way or the other about it as I have not tried to learn a conlang being too busy creating the ones I was working on which have now all been combined into Dalig (pronounced Dɑ:LiG).

It now has 1,365 rows on my word list sheet. However that includes my prefixes, suffixes, and verb tense / mood endings. Some of which can be use as a stand alone word. It also includes many antonyms which I am still working on. some words can be translated in to 3 or 4 English words which are synonym's , and their antonyms if I use my prefix meaning opposite, so the number of total words is far greater.

Also, I had a word for To, and from, and also a infinitive verb marker that went before the verb to indicate like to walk or to run etc. Well I made the word GI which was the word for word for To and from, and made it to also be the infinitive marker for verbs, so now it is more like the way English does it, and less like the Esperanto way. Before it was like why have two words to mean to, when one word would do nicely. [B)]

Also, I took out my Ĉ which stood for CH,now I just use CH, so I removed another special character. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Well I am further along with the language now, and have written a small grammar for it, complete with a English Dalig word list and a Dalig English word list so you can now search both ways. It is available here https://www.dropbox.com/s/gipo6qbaxpehs ... R.pdf?dl=0.

The word list is going to change as I continue to refine the language, but for now it is as it is

So I got tired of the verb tense and mood endings being stand alone words like ket es, so it is now ketes. The verb tense and moods are now suffixes that go unto the root verb. Am also adding more new words. I am up to like 1600 or something.

Also created a naming language which I just called namelang temporarily. It is far a new conrealm called the federated states of Neukronia. This is for an alien story. Maybe I'll turn it into an alien murder mystery series. We'll shall soon see.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Ok so once again it has been a while since my last post but I have been keeping busy. I am creating a new conlang, based on a book called purpose and structure of an experimental language. In the book, the author made some phonemes to mean certain basic things, and made words by combining phonemes. I did the same thing but mixed up the phonemes, and added quite a few more. I really liked his attempt and I wanted to try my own without it being a mirror image of his project. Here is where I run into my problem with my Pylak language. I'm getting to the point where two and three letter phonemes are being used by me, which one or more of the letters of said phoneme are used seperate and have a meaning by themselves which has nothing to do with the meaning they have together.

Example: there is an s which means similarity, but there is also a sl which means past , or in the past. sn means without st means physical life
str means favorite and shr means "that" as a joining word like he said that I blah blah blah.

Problem with this is how confusing is it and how easily can someone learning it mistake "sl" for "s"followrd by "l"? If yoju interpret them as a whole it means past, and is used for the past tense marker. If you interpret them seperately you get s means similarity and then the l means motion toward someone or something, or to go, to go to whicj would indicate two people walking or driving in the same direction possibly toward the same place. Now the way it is right now, I have one sound that means { and } and one sound that means { and }. Now the brackets go around phonemes that present the problem I just discussed like the sl, and str and others. The braces go around loan words from the native language which is used to fill in the gaps where Pylak has it's shortcomings. This way when the speaker reads the brackets, the listener can pick up on the fact that the phoneme just spoken is treated as a whole and not seperated.

So, how dod I find ways to add more phoneme combinations, to add to the language and decrease the dependancy on the national language to fill the gaps without running out of phonemes?

One thing I do like about my language is how I can use a pronoun like "Ê" "meaning one's self, one's world, pertaining to me'". If the pronoun is at thed beginning of the sets of phonemes in the sentence, then it means whoever the pronoun is referring to is doing an action. However, if it is at the end, it means whatever is happening is being done to whoever the pronoun refers to.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Now, the language is not so much like the one from that book I read, as I realized even if he addded 10 more books about the language and flushed it out totally, it would still be minimalistic. With a limited number of phonemes for meanings to throw together to make words, it's hard to comfortably speak in. Therefore I revised my strategy for the language and I tried to limit how many words were made by putting single letter phonemes together, so the speaker and reader could distinguish between those, and the two, three or four letter phonemes. I am also creating this language making use of as many 1-4 letter phonemes as possible, to aid the speaker in speaking whole sentences in less time than other languages. Also, instead of an alphabet list, my language has a list of phonemes.

This is my dictionary so far:
Spoiler:
PYLAKWORD OR PHRASE ENGLISH TRANSLATION
EISHLU A CHURCH, A PLACE TO WORSHIP
IM A CONNECTING POINT; AN INTERSECTION
AST A CURRENT AREA
OD A DIFFERENT PART
ĂTRU A DISTANT LINE; A DISTANT CONNECTION
OTRU A DISTANT PART
IWU A DROP OF WATER
STREISHLU A FAVORITE CHURCH, A FAVORITE PLACE TO WORSHIP
STREISHMU A FAVORITE GATHERING PLACE
EISHMU A GATHERING PLACE
TSO A HESITATION; A SLOWING
ĂM A LINE OF CONNECTION; A ROAD, A PATH
ACRU A MODERN
CRI A PIECE OF WOOD
NI A RESPONSE
ISHT A SPARK; A POINT OF FIRE
ĂWU A STREAM OR RIVER
ĂL A SUPPORTING LINE; A SUPPORTING CONNECTION
ŘO ALL
ABRU AN ANCIENT AREA, AN ENDURING AREA
OCRU AN ANCIENT PART; AN ABIDING PART
AFLU AN EPHEMERAL OR RECENT AREA
AEIOFLU AN EPHEMERAL OR RECENT REALM OR PLACE
ÊSNU AROUND ME
GRATRU AWAY FROM HER
GLATRU AWAY FROM HIM
PLATRU AWAY FROM IT
TRÊ AWAY FROM ME, MOVEMENT AWAY FROM ME
STU TSU DEATH, DEAD
TAK DID YOU SEE?
TACHU DID YOU THINK?
KA BLU SMU FRU GLA CLU DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE WILL SAY
[EI]L DOOR
GRAFRU EMANATING FROM HER, AROUND HER
GLAFRU EMANATING FROM HIM, AROUND HIM
PLAFRU EMANATING FROM IT, AROUND IT
FRÊ EMANATING FROM ME, AROUND ME
FLU FOOD
GLALĂ HE CONTINUED TO MOVE TOWARD ME
GRA STU TSU DAT HE IS DEAD
GLA ŘUSHU HE IS DISLOYAL
GLA DAT ŘEIO HE IS EVIL
GLATSDAT HE IS NOT MOVING
GLA DAT FRU SPU HE IS SINGING / HE IS MAKING MUSIC / HE SINGS / HE MAKES MUSIC
GLA DAT FRU SMU HE IS TALKING / HE IS SPEAKING / HE TALKS, HE SPEAKS
GLA LÊ HE MOVED TOWARD ME
GLA TSU HE STOPPED MOVING
GRAEISHLU HER CHURCH, HER PLACE TO WORSHIP
GRAFLU HER FOOD
GRA EISHMU HER GATHERING PLACE
GRASTU HER LIVING BODY
GRAO HER PART
GRABRU HER RESOLVE
GRANA HER RESPONSE
GRACRU HER STRENGTH
GRAW HER SYMPATHY HER EMPATHY
CHUGRA HER THOUGHTS
GLA EISHLU HIS CHURCH, HIS PLACE TO WORSHIP
GLA FLU HIS FOOD
GLA [EI] SHMU HIS GATHERING PLACE
GLA SHNU SLU DAT CLU HIS LANGUAGE IS FUTURISTIC
GLA SHNU SLU DAT DAT HIS LANGUAGE IS MODERN
GLA SHNU SLU DAT SLU HIS LANGUAGE IS PRIMITIVE
GLASTU HIS LIVING BODY
GLAO HIS PART
GLABRU HIS RESOLVE
GLANA HIS RESPONSE
GLACRU HIS STRENGTH
GLAWU HIS SYMPATHY HIS EMPATHY
GLACHU HIS THOUGHTS
WHAKGRA HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE HER
WHAKGLA HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE HIM
WHAKPLA HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE IT
WHAKÊ HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE ME
TSUGLA HUSBAND (HIM BOUND TO HER) HUSBAND OTHER THAN ME
TSUGLAÊ HUSBAND (ME BOUND TO HER)
Ê STU TSU DAT I AM DEAD
ÊDATTSO I AM HESITANT
ÊTSDAT I AM NOT MOVING
ÊFRUSPU I AM SINGING / I AM MAKING MUSIC
ÊFRSMU I AM TALKING / I AM SPEAKING
Ê GO YA I FEEL EMPTY
Ê GAI I HAVE
Ê SLOTS I HESITATED
Ê GRAP I OPPOSE HER
Ê GLAP I OPPOSE HIM
Ê PLAP I OPPOSE IT
ÊK PLA YA Â I PERCEIVED THAT IT LACKED MONEY
ÊTS I STOPPED MOVING
Ê WĂN DAT PLA TRU I WANT TO GET AWAY FROM IT
Ê SLU WĂN GLA TRU Ê I WANTED HIM AS FAR AWAY FROM ME AS POSSIBLE
ÊWĂNSLUPLATRU I WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM IT
Ê WĂNSLU LU I WANTED TO GO
ÊST I, ME AS I AM RIGHT NOW; I, ME, NOW
ÊG I, ME IN GENERAL
ÊK I, ME, SPECIFICALLY
PLA EISHMU IT GATHERING PLACE
PLA STU TSU DAT IT IS DEAD
PLA DAT ŘUSHU IT IS DISLOYAL
PLATSDAT IT IS NOT MOVING
PLA FRU SPU IT IS SINGING / IT IS MAKING MUSIC
PLA FRU SMU IT IS TALKING / IT IS SPEAKING
PLA TSU IT STOPPED MOVING
PLA EISHLU ITS CHURCH, ITS PLACE TO WORSHIP
STUPLA ITS ;LIVING BODY
PLAFLU ITS FOOD
PLAEIOL IT'S NEARBY
PLAO ITS PART
PLABRU ITS RESLOVE
PLANA ITS RESPONSE
PLACRU ITS STRENGTH
PLAW ITS SYMPATHY HER EMPATHY
CHUPLA ITS THOUGHTS
ÊTH MAYBE NEAR, WITH, ON OR AROUND ME
IÊ MONE; ONE OF MINE; ONE PERTININENT TO ME
ÊEI MY SPECIFIC PLACE
ÊWTÊ MY BURDEN
ÊEISHLU MY CHURCH, MY PLACE TO WORSHIP
ÊCH MY FEELINGS, MY SYMPATHY, MY EMPATHY
FLÊYA MY FOOD IS LACKING; I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT; IT DOES NOT TASTE GOOD
FLÊ MY FOOD; THAT WHICH NOURISHES ME
EISHMÊ MY GATHERING PLACE
GÊÊ MY GENERAL UNDERSTANDING
SHNÊDAT MY LANGUAGE IS
STÊ MY LIVING BODY
Ê FLEI DAT YA MY PANTRY OR CUPBOARD IS TOTALLY EMPTY / I HAVE NO FOOD
ÊO MY PART
ÊCRU MY RESOLVE
ÊN MY RESPONSE
ÊKUCHU MY SPECIFIC UNDERSTANDING
ÊSHTU MY SPIRIT, MY WILL
ÊBRU MY STRENGTH
ÊGO MY THOUGHT; MY INTELLECT
TAI GRAL NEAR HER
TAI GLAL NEAR HIM
TAI PLAL NEAR IT
TAI Ê NEAR ME
RUGRA ON HER
RUGLA ON HIM
TSUPLA ON IT
TSÊ ON ME
IA ONE ANOTHER
PUGRA OPPOSITION TO HER
PUGLA OPPOSITION TO HIM
PULAP OPPOSITION TO IT
PÊ OPPOSITION TO ME
OĚ PART OF THE VALUE OF AN EAR WHICH IS THE REALM'S CURRENCY
[PYLAK] PYLAK (THE NAME OF THIS LANGUAGE)
YA RELETAVLY EMPTY
GRALĂ SHE CONTINUED TO MOVE TOWARD ME
GLA STU TSU DAT SHE IS DEAD
ÊKGRASHUYO SHE IS DISLOYAL
GRATSDAT SHE IS NOT MOVING
FRGRASPU SHE IS SINGING / SHE IS MAKING MUSIC
FRGRASMU SHE IS TALKING / SHE IS SPEAKING
GRALÊ SHE MOVED TOWARD ME
GRA TSU SHE STOPPED MOVING
RI SOME GOOD, PARTIALLY GOOD
EIOEIO SOME PART OF
SMĂSPRU TELEPHONE
SPLUSPRU TELEVISION
ĂS THAT CONNECTION THAT LINE
IS THAT ONE
OS THAT PART
EIS THAT PLACE THERE
YÊ THAT WHICH I LACK, OR IS MISSING FROME ME, MY EMPTINESS
II THE CENTER
Ř THE OPPOSITE (USED TO TURN LONG INTO SHORT ETC.
ĂV THIS CONNECTION THIS LINE
IV THIS ONE
IKV THIS PART
EIV THIS PLACE HERE
EIYA TOTALLY EMPTY
BLU SLU SMU FRUGLA WHAT DID HE SAY
BLAOK WHAT DID YOU SEE?
BLU DAT SMU FRUGLA WHAT IS HE SAYING
BLADAT Û WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?
BLASLU Û WHAT WAS YOUR PROFESSION?
BLACLU Û WHAT WILL BE YOUR PROFESSION?
BLUSMUFRUGLACLU WHAT WILL HE SAY
TWU DAT Ê? WHERE AM I
TWU DAT WHERE IS
TWU DAT GLA WHERE IS HE
TWU DAT GRA THU WHERE IS HER HUSBAND?
TWU DAT GLA THI WHERE IS HIS WIFE?
TWU DAT PLA WHERE IS IT
TWU DAT Ê THU WHERE IS MY HUSBAND?
TWU DAT Ê THI WHERE IS MY WIFE?
TWU DAT GRA WHERE IS SHE
KVASLUK WHO DID YOU SEE?
TSUGRAÊ WIFE (HER BOUND TO ME)
TSUGRA WIFE (SHE BOUND TO HIM) WIFE OTHER THAN MINE
SCUGRA WITH HER
SCUGLA WITH HIM
SCUPLA WITH IT
SCÊ WITH ME
Ê DAT JO I AM RUNNING, I RUN
Ê CLU JO I WILLL BE RUNNING, I WILL RUN
Ê SLU JO I WAS RUNNING, I RAN
Ê DAT JO FA SPU I AM FAST DANCING
Ê CLU JO FA SPU I WILL BE FAST DANCING
Ê SLU JO FA SPU I WAS FAST DANCING
JO SPU FAST MUSIC
ŘU JO SPU SLOWMUSIC
Ê DAT ŘU JO FA SPU I AM SLOW DANCING
Ê CLU ŘU JO FA SPU I WILL BE SLOW DANCING
Ê SLU ŘU JO FA SPU I WAS SLOW DANCING
Ê CLU ŘU JO FA SPU SCU Ê SO I WILL BE SLOW DANCING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND
Ê CLU JO FA SPU SCU Ê SO I WILL BE FAST DANCING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND
Ê DAT MU FA SPU I AM DANCING
Ê CLU MU FA SPU I WILL BE DANCING
Ê SLU MU FA SPU I WAS DANCING
GROI AND
GLOI BUT
TROI OR
Ê MAI TOI MY BUTT HURTS
Ê MAI DAT TOI MY BUTT IS IN PAIN
Ê SOI ROI TOI MY UPPER BACK HURTS
Ê ŘU SOI ROI TOI MY LOWER BACK HURTS
Ê Ĕ A I LOVE YOU
Ê Ĕ GLA I LOVER HER
Ê Ĕ GRA I LOVE HIM
GRA Ĕ GLA HE LOVES HER
GLA Ĕ GRA SHE LOVES HIM
JOI Ê DO YOU LOVE ME
JOI GRA Ĕ GLA DOES SHE LOVE HIM
JOI GLA Ĕ GRA DOES HE LOVE HER
GLA Ĕ Ê HE LOVES ME
GRA Ĕ Ê SHE LOVES ME
Ê CHU MOI Ê DAT I THINK THEREFORE I AM
NOI Ê DA TE Ê DA CHU IF I DID NOT EXIST(LIVE) I WOULD NOT THINK
EISHMUFLU A RESTAURANT
FLUWĂ PLATE
ĜWULĂ GLASS
ĜNĂWULĂ CUP
JÊ EARTH, GROUND
SHT FIRE
GRÂ GREETING
SH LOYALTY
SHL WORSHIP
SHM GATHERING, GROUPS
Ĕ LOVE / HATE
Ĭ HOPE
WĂN WANT / DON'T WANT
GO FEELINGS IN GENERAL
TOI PAIN, IN PAIN; HURT, HURTS
BOI HAPPINESS, HAPPY;; SADNESS, SAD
KOI MAD, ANGRY
LE FATHER
JE MOTHER
WE SISTER
RE BROTHER
YE AUNT
ZE UNKLE
ZA COUSIN
ZI NIECE
ZO NEPHEW
PE STEP
PI GREAT
SI GRAND
SO GIRLFRIEND
VAI BOYFRIEND
DAI FIANCE
FAI FIANCÉ
TWAI INLAW
BAI HALF RELATION (HALF BROTHER ETC.)
SV READING, READ
ANG WRITING, WRITE
MO STUDYING, STUDY
ZÊ CRYING, CRY
BA HURTING, HURT
ÊNG SLEEPING, ASLEEP
BE HELPING HELP
TSE LIKING, LIKE, ENJOYING, ENJOY
TE LIVE, EXIST, ENHABIT
SHN LANGUAGE
SM WORDS
SP MUSIC
XA PICTURES, PAINTINGS
DE FINGERS
GE EYES
ME HEART
NE ARMS
ZHE HEAD
RET LEGS
HE FEET
KAI ELBOW
LAI KNEES
PAI WRIST
MAI BUTT, ASS, RUMP
HEDE TOES
POI BONE, BONES
ROI BACK
EI AN AREA; A PLACE; AN OBJECT WITH EMPHASIS IN TWO DIMENSIONS, SOME
Ă A LINE; A CONNECTION BETWEEN TWO POINTS, BETWEEN TWO THINGS, BETWEEN TWO INDIVIDUALS, BETWEEN AN INDIVIDUAL AND A THING, CONNECTED IN CONECTION
I A POINT; A SINGLE OBJECT; AN INDIVIDUAL WHEN EMPHASIS ON THEIR EXISTANCE WITHIN THIS UNIVERSE IS INTENDED, ONE POINT; ONE
O A PART OR ASPECT OF SOMETHING ELSE; PART OF OR AN ASPECT OF
VA NORTH
VE SOUTH
VO EAST
NO WEST
NAI LEFT
HAI RIGHT
WAI UP
RAI DOWN
SAI CENTRAL
TAI NEAR
SOI UPPER
GLA MALE, HE, HIM, PERTAINING TO HIM
GRA FEMALE, SHE HER, PERTAINING TO HER
PLA IT, PERTAINING TO IT
Ê I, ME, PERTAINING TO ME
A YOU, YOUR, OERTAINING TO YOU
THU HUSBAND
THI WIFE
TO WE, US, OUR
PO THEY, THEM, THEIR
U VOWEL TO GO BETWEEN HARD TO PRONOUNE LETTER COMBINATIONS
{ AND } OPEN AND CLOSE BRACES FOR NATIONAL LANGUAGE WORDS WHICH GO WITH PYLAK WORDS.
STR DENOTING FAVORITE
E MADE FROM
SC WITH
SN AROUND
SHR THAT (JOINING WORD)
Û JOB, PROFESSION, WORK
F USED FOR
GA IN
KE FROM
FA TO
DA NO, NOT
R ON
GAI HAVE / DO NOT HAVE
MOI SO, THEREFORE
NĂ LESS, TO A LESSER DEGREE
SET THE
L MOTION TOWARD SOMEONE OR SOMETHING, TO GO, TO GO TO
M MOTION THROUGH; MOTION FROM ONE PLACE TO THE OTHER
TS MOTION BOUND OT RESTRAINED
TR MOTION AWAY FROM SONEONE OR SOMETHING, TO LEAVE
FR RADIATION, EMANATING FROM
JO RAPID MOTION
KV WHO
BL WHAT
TW WHERE
SW WHEN
PR REASON, WHY
WH HOW, IN WHAT MANNER
JOI WHETHER
NOI IF
P OPPOSITION
D DIFFERENCE
S SIMILARITY
V EQUIVALENCE
BR DENSE SUBSTANCE SUCH AS STONE
CR DURABLE ORGANIC SUBSTANCE SUCH AS WOOD
FL NOURISHING SUBSTANCE, ESPECIALLY FOOD
ST PHYSICAL LIFE
Ĝ SMALL / LITTLE / SIZE
SPL VIEWING
SPR DEVICE
ZH LISTENING
H SUBCONSCIOUS THOUGHT OR SUBLIMINAL PERCEPTION
N RESPONSE
T UNCERTAUNTY
G GENERAL PERCEPTION
K SPECIFIC PERCEPTION
KA PEN
NA PENCIL
TA RULER
PA WEIGHT, WEIGH
SA BOOK
HA NEWSPAPER
WA BED
RA LINNENS FOR THE BED
FE HOUSE, DWELLING
EIO GOOD
W WATER
CH THOUGHTS
Ā THE REALMS MONEY
Ě EAR, THE NAME OF THE REALMS CUrRANCY
Ŭ TIME
KĂ TOOL
LĂ HOLDER
SL PAST, A DAY IN THE PAST, YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK / WAS, WERE
DAT PRESENT, NOW, TODAY / AM, IS ARE
CL FUTURE, TOMORROW, NEXT WEEK, LATER/ BE, BEING BEEN
I hope to get feedback and see how well received the latest conlang is.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Lambuzhao
korean
korean

Post by Lambuzhao »

Larryrl wrote: 09 Jun 2019 06:37 Now, the language is not so much like the one from that book I read, as I realized even if he addded 10 more books about the language and flushed it out totally, it would still be minimalistic. With a limited number of phonemes for meanings to throw together to make words, it's hard to comfortably speak in. Therefore I revised my strategy for the language and I tried to limit how many words were made by putting single letter phonemes together, so the speaker and reader could distinguish between those, and the two, three or four letter phonemes. I am also creating this language making use of as many 1-4 letter phonemes as possible, to aid the speaker in speaking whole sentences in less time than other languages. Also, instead of an alphabet list, my language has a list of phonemes.

This is my dictionary so far:
Spoiler:
PYLAKWORD OR PHRASE ENGLISH TRANSLATION
EISHLU A CHURCH, A PLACE TO WORSHIP
IM A CONNECTING POINT; AN INTERSECTION
AST A CURRENT AREA
OD A DIFFERENT PART
ĂTRU A DISTANT LINE; A DISTANT CONNECTION
OTRU A DISTANT PART
IWU A DROP OF WATER
STREISHLU A FAVORITE CHURCH, A FAVORITE PLACE TO WORSHIP
STREISHMU A FAVORITE GATHERING PLACE
EISHMU A GATHERING PLACE
TSO A HESITATION; A SLOWING
ĂM A LINE OF CONNECTION; A ROAD, A PATH
ACRU A MODERN
CRI A PIECE OF WOOD
NI A RESPONSE
ISHT A SPARK; A POINT OF FIRE
ĂWU A STREAM OR RIVER
ĂL A SUPPORTING LINE; A SUPPORTING CONNECTION
ŘO ALL
ABRU AN ANCIENT AREA, AN ENDURING AREA
OCRU AN ANCIENT PART; AN ABIDING PART
AFLU AN EPHEMERAL OR RECENT AREA
AEIOFLU AN EPHEMERAL OR RECENT REALM OR PLACE
ÊSNU AROUND ME
GRATRU AWAY FROM HER
GLATRU AWAY FROM HIM
PLATRU AWAY FROM IT
TRÊ AWAY FROM ME, MOVEMENT AWAY FROM ME
STU TSU DEATH, DEAD
TAK DID YOU SEE?
TACHU DID YOU THINK?
KA BLU SMU FRU GLA CLU DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE WILL SAY
[EI]L DOOR
GRAFRU EMANATING FROM HER, AROUND HER
GLAFRU EMANATING FROM HIM, AROUND HIM
PLAFRU EMANATING FROM IT, AROUND IT
FRÊ EMANATING FROM ME, AROUND ME
FLU FOOD
GLALĂ HE CONTINUED TO MOVE TOWARD ME
GRA STU TSU DAT HE IS DEAD
GLA ŘUSHU HE IS DISLOYAL
GLA DAT ŘEIO HE IS EVIL
GLATSDAT HE IS NOT MOVING
GLA DAT FRU SPU HE IS SINGING / HE IS MAKING MUSIC / HE SINGS / HE MAKES MUSIC
GLA DAT FRU SMU HE IS TALKING / HE IS SPEAKING / HE TALKS, HE SPEAKS
GLA LÊ HE MOVED TOWARD ME
GLA TSU HE STOPPED MOVING
GRAEISHLU HER CHURCH, HER PLACE TO WORSHIP
GRAFLU HER FOOD
GRA EISHMU HER GATHERING PLACE
GRASTU HER LIVING BODY
GRAO HER PART
GRABRU HER RESOLVE
GRANA HER RESPONSE
GRACRU HER STRENGTH
GRAW HER SYMPATHY HER EMPATHY
CHUGRA HER THOUGHTS
GLA EISHLU HIS CHURCH, HIS PLACE TO WORSHIP
GLA FLU HIS FOOD
GLA [EI] SHMU HIS GATHERING PLACE
GLA SHNU SLU DAT CLU HIS LANGUAGE IS FUTURISTIC
GLA SHNU SLU DAT DAT HIS LANGUAGE IS MODERN
GLA SHNU SLU DAT SLU HIS LANGUAGE IS PRIMITIVE
GLASTU HIS LIVING BODY
GLAO HIS PART
GLABRU HIS RESOLVE
GLANA HIS RESPONSE
GLACRU HIS STRENGTH
GLAWU HIS SYMPATHY HIS EMPATHY
GLACHU HIS THOUGHTS
WHAKGRA HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE HER
WHAKGLA HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE HIM
WHAKPLA HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE IT
WHAKÊ HOW DID YOU PERCEIVE ME
TSUGLA HUSBAND (HIM BOUND TO HER) HUSBAND OTHER THAN ME
TSUGLAÊ HUSBAND (ME BOUND TO HER)
Ê STU TSU DAT I AM DEAD
ÊDATTSO I AM HESITANT
ÊTSDAT I AM NOT MOVING
ÊFRUSPU I AM SINGING / I AM MAKING MUSIC
ÊFRSMU I AM TALKING / I AM SPEAKING
Ê GO YA I FEEL EMPTY
Ê GAI I HAVE
Ê SLOTS I HESITATED
Ê GRAP I OPPOSE HER
Ê GLAP I OPPOSE HIM
Ê PLAP I OPPOSE IT
ÊK PLA YA Â I PERCEIVED THAT IT LACKED MONEY
ÊTS I STOPPED MOVING
Ê WĂN DAT PLA TRU I WANT TO GET AWAY FROM IT
Ê SLU WĂN GLA TRU Ê I WANTED HIM AS FAR AWAY FROM ME AS POSSIBLE
ÊWĂNSLUPLATRU I WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM IT
Ê WĂNSLU LU I WANTED TO GO
ÊST I, ME AS I AM RIGHT NOW; I, ME, NOW
ÊG I, ME IN GENERAL
ÊK I, ME, SPECIFICALLY
PLA EISHMU IT GATHERING PLACE
PLA STU TSU DAT IT IS DEAD
PLA DAT ŘUSHU IT IS DISLOYAL
PLATSDAT IT IS NOT MOVING
PLA FRU SPU IT IS SINGING / IT IS MAKING MUSIC
PLA FRU SMU IT IS TALKING / IT IS SPEAKING
PLA TSU IT STOPPED MOVING
PLA EISHLU ITS CHURCH, ITS PLACE TO WORSHIP
STUPLA ITS ;LIVING BODY
PLAFLU ITS FOOD
PLAEIOL IT'S NEARBY
PLAO ITS PART
PLABRU ITS RESLOVE
PLANA ITS RESPONSE
PLACRU ITS STRENGTH
PLAW ITS SYMPATHY HER EMPATHY
CHUPLA ITS THOUGHTS
ÊTH MAYBE NEAR, WITH, ON OR AROUND ME
IÊ MONE; ONE OF MINE; ONE PERTININENT TO ME
ÊEI MY SPECIFIC PLACE
ÊWTÊ MY BURDEN
ÊEISHLU MY CHURCH, MY PLACE TO WORSHIP
ÊCH MY FEELINGS, MY SYMPATHY, MY EMPATHY
FLÊYA MY FOOD IS LACKING; I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT; IT DOES NOT TASTE GOOD
FLÊ MY FOOD; THAT WHICH NOURISHES ME
EISHMÊ MY GATHERING PLACE
GÊÊ MY GENERAL UNDERSTANDING
SHNÊDAT MY LANGUAGE IS
STÊ MY LIVING BODY
Ê FLEI DAT YA MY PANTRY OR CUPBOARD IS TOTALLY EMPTY / I HAVE NO FOOD
ÊO MY PART
ÊCRU MY RESOLVE
ÊN MY RESPONSE
ÊKUCHU MY SPECIFIC UNDERSTANDING
ÊSHTU MY SPIRIT, MY WILL
ÊBRU MY STRENGTH
ÊGO MY THOUGHT; MY INTELLECT
TAI GRAL NEAR HER
TAI GLAL NEAR HIM
TAI PLAL NEAR IT
TAI Ê NEAR ME
RUGRA ON HER
RUGLA ON HIM
TSUPLA ON IT
TSÊ ON ME
IA ONE ANOTHER
PUGRA OPPOSITION TO HER
PUGLA OPPOSITION TO HIM
PULAP OPPOSITION TO IT
PÊ OPPOSITION TO ME
OĚ PART OF THE VALUE OF AN EAR WHICH IS THE REALM'S CURRENCY
[PYLAK] PYLAK (THE NAME OF THIS LANGUAGE)
YA RELETAVLY EMPTY
GRALĂ SHE CONTINUED TO MOVE TOWARD ME
GLA STU TSU DAT SHE IS DEAD
ÊKGRASHUYO SHE IS DISLOYAL
GRATSDAT SHE IS NOT MOVING
FRGRASPU SHE IS SINGING / SHE IS MAKING MUSIC
FRGRASMU SHE IS TALKING / SHE IS SPEAKING
GRALÊ SHE MOVED TOWARD ME
GRA TSU SHE STOPPED MOVING
RI SOME GOOD, PARTIALLY GOOD
EIOEIO SOME PART OF
SMĂSPRU TELEPHONE
SPLUSPRU TELEVISION
ĂS THAT CONNECTION THAT LINE
IS THAT ONE
OS THAT PART
EIS THAT PLACE THERE
YÊ THAT WHICH I LACK, OR IS MISSING FROME ME, MY EMPTINESS
II THE CENTER
Ř THE OPPOSITE (USED TO TURN LONG INTO SHORT ETC.
ĂV THIS CONNECTION THIS LINE
IV THIS ONE
IKV THIS PART
EIV THIS PLACE HERE
EIYA TOTALLY EMPTY
BLU SLU SMU FRUGLA WHAT DID HE SAY
BLAOK WHAT DID YOU SEE?
BLU DAT SMU FRUGLA WHAT IS HE SAYING
BLADAT Û WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?
BLASLU Û WHAT WAS YOUR PROFESSION?
BLACLU Û WHAT WILL BE YOUR PROFESSION?
BLUSMUFRUGLACLU WHAT WILL HE SAY
TWU DAT Ê? WHERE AM I
TWU DAT WHERE IS
TWU DAT GLA WHERE IS HE
TWU DAT GRA THU WHERE IS HER HUSBAND?
TWU DAT GLA THI WHERE IS HIS WIFE?
TWU DAT PLA WHERE IS IT
TWU DAT Ê THU WHERE IS MY HUSBAND?
TWU DAT Ê THI WHERE IS MY WIFE?
TWU DAT GRA WHERE IS SHE
KVASLUK WHO DID YOU SEE?
TSUGRAÊ WIFE (HER BOUND TO ME)
TSUGRA WIFE (SHE BOUND TO HIM) WIFE OTHER THAN MINE
SCUGRA WITH HER
SCUGLA WITH HIM
SCUPLA WITH IT
SCÊ WITH ME
Ê DAT JO I AM RUNNING, I RUN
Ê CLU JO I WILLL BE RUNNING, I WILL RUN
Ê SLU JO I WAS RUNNING, I RAN
Ê DAT JO FA SPU I AM FAST DANCING
Ê CLU JO FA SPU I WILL BE FAST DANCING
Ê SLU JO FA SPU I WAS FAST DANCING
JO SPU FAST MUSIC
ŘU JO SPU SLOWMUSIC
Ê DAT ŘU JO FA SPU I AM SLOW DANCING
Ê CLU ŘU JO FA SPU I WILL BE SLOW DANCING
Ê SLU ŘU JO FA SPU I WAS SLOW DANCING
Ê CLU ŘU JO FA SPU SCU Ê SO I WILL BE SLOW DANCING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND
Ê CLU JO FA SPU SCU Ê SO I WILL BE FAST DANCING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND
Ê DAT MU FA SPU I AM DANCING
Ê CLU MU FA SPU I WILL BE DANCING
Ê SLU MU FA SPU I WAS DANCING
GROI AND
GLOI BUT
TROI OR
Ê MAI TOI MY BUTT HURTS
Ê MAI DAT TOI MY BUTT IS IN PAIN
Ê SOI ROI TOI MY UPPER BACK HURTS
Ê ŘU SOI ROI TOI MY LOWER BACK HURTS
Ê Ĕ A I LOVE YOU
Ê Ĕ GLA I LOVER HER
Ê Ĕ GRA I LOVE HIM
GRA Ĕ GLA HE LOVES HER
GLA Ĕ GRA SHE LOVES HIM
JOI Ê DO YOU LOVE ME
JOI GRA Ĕ GLA DOES SHE LOVE HIM
JOI GLA Ĕ GRA DOES HE LOVE HER
GLA Ĕ Ê HE LOVES ME
GRA Ĕ Ê SHE LOVES ME
Ê CHU MOI Ê DAT I THINK THEREFORE I AM
NOI Ê DA TE Ê DA CHU IF I DID NOT EXIST(LIVE) I WOULD NOT THINK
EISHMUFLU A RESTAURANT
FLUWĂ PLATE
ĜWULĂ GLASS
ĜNĂWULĂ CUP
JÊ EARTH, GROUND
SHT FIRE
GRÂ GREETING
SH LOYALTY
SHL WORSHIP
SHM GATHERING, GROUPS
Ĕ LOVE / HATE
Ĭ HOPE
WĂN WANT / DON'T WANT
GO FEELINGS IN GENERAL
TOI PAIN, IN PAIN; HURT, HURTS
BOI HAPPINESS, HAPPY;; SADNESS, SAD
KOI MAD, ANGRY
LE FATHER
JE MOTHER
WE SISTER
RE BROTHER
YE AUNT
ZE UNKLE
ZA COUSIN
ZI NIECE
ZO NEPHEW
PE STEP
PI GREAT
SI GRAND
SO GIRLFRIEND
VAI BOYFRIEND
DAI FIANCE
FAI FIANCÉ
TWAI INLAW
BAI HALF RELATION (HALF BROTHER ETC.)
SV READING, READ
ANG WRITING, WRITE
MO STUDYING, STUDY
ZÊ CRYING, CRY
BA HURTING, HURT
ÊNG SLEEPING, ASLEEP
BE HELPING HELP
TSE LIKING, LIKE, ENJOYING, ENJOY
TE LIVE, EXIST, ENHABIT
SHN LANGUAGE
SM WORDS
SP MUSIC
XA PICTURES, PAINTINGS
DE FINGERS
GE EYES
ME HEART
NE ARMS
ZHE HEAD
RET LEGS
HE FEET
KAI ELBOW
LAI KNEES
PAI WRIST
MAI BUTT, ASS, RUMP
HEDE TOES
POI BONE, BONES
ROI BACK
EI AN AREA; A PLACE; AN OBJECT WITH EMPHASIS IN TWO DIMENSIONS, SOME
Ă A LINE; A CONNECTION BETWEEN TWO POINTS, BETWEEN TWO THINGS, BETWEEN TWO INDIVIDUALS, BETWEEN AN INDIVIDUAL AND A THING, CONNECTED IN CONECTION
I A POINT; A SINGLE OBJECT; AN INDIVIDUAL WHEN EMPHASIS ON THEIR EXISTANCE WITHIN THIS UNIVERSE IS INTENDED, ONE POINT; ONE
O A PART OR ASPECT OF SOMETHING ELSE; PART OF OR AN ASPECT OF
VA NORTH
VE SOUTH
VO EAST
NO WEST
NAI LEFT
HAI RIGHT
WAI UP
RAI DOWN
SAI CENTRAL
TAI NEAR
SOI UPPER
GLA MALE, HE, HIM, PERTAINING TO HIM
GRA FEMALE, SHE HER, PERTAINING TO HER
PLA IT, PERTAINING TO IT
Ê I, ME, PERTAINING TO ME
A YOU, YOUR, OERTAINING TO YOU
THU HUSBAND
THI WIFE
TO WE, US, OUR
PO THEY, THEM, THEIR
U VOWEL TO GO BETWEEN HARD TO PRONOUNE LETTER COMBINATIONS
{ AND } OPEN AND CLOSE BRACES FOR NATIONAL LANGUAGE WORDS WHICH GO WITH PYLAK WORDS.
STR DENOTING FAVORITE
E MADE FROM
SC WITH
SN AROUND
SHR THAT (JOINING WORD)
Û JOB, PROFESSION, WORK
F USED FOR
GA IN
KE FROM
FA TO
DA NO, NOT
R ON
GAI HAVE / DO NOT HAVE
MOI SO, THEREFORE
NĂ LESS, TO A LESSER DEGREE
SET THE
L MOTION TOWARD SOMEONE OR SOMETHING, TO GO, TO GO TO
M MOTION THROUGH; MOTION FROM ONE PLACE TO THE OTHER
TS MOTION BOUND OT RESTRAINED
TR MOTION AWAY FROM SONEONE OR SOMETHING, TO LEAVE
FR RADIATION, EMANATING FROM
JO RAPID MOTION
KV WHO
BL WHAT
TW WHERE
SW WHEN
PR REASON, WHY
WH HOW, IN WHAT MANNER
JOI WHETHER
NOI IF
P OPPOSITION
D DIFFERENCE
S SIMILARITY
V EQUIVALENCE
BR DENSE SUBSTANCE SUCH AS STONE
CR DURABLE ORGANIC SUBSTANCE SUCH AS WOOD
FL NOURISHING SUBSTANCE, ESPECIALLY FOOD
ST PHYSICAL LIFE
Ĝ SMALL / LITTLE / SIZE
SPL VIEWING
SPR DEVICE
ZH LISTENING
H SUBCONSCIOUS THOUGHT OR SUBLIMINAL PERCEPTION
N RESPONSE
T UNCERTAUNTY
G GENERAL PERCEPTION
K SPECIFIC PERCEPTION
KA PEN
NA PENCIL
TA RULER
PA WEIGHT, WEIGH
SA BOOK
HA NEWSPAPER
WA BED
RA LINNENS FOR THE BED
FE HOUSE, DWELLING
EIO GOOD
W WATER
CH THOUGHTS
Ā THE REALMS MONEY
Ě EAR, THE NAME OF THE REALMS CUrRANCY
Ŭ TIME
KĂ TOOL
LĂ HOLDER
SL PAST, A DAY IN THE PAST, YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK / WAS, WERE
DAT PRESENT, NOW, TODAY / AM, IS ARE
CL FUTURE, TOMORROW, NEXT WEEK, LATER/ BE, BEING BEEN
I hope to get feedback and see how well received the latest conlang is.
what about concepts like "great", "many", "large", "more" ???

:con: Plyak
SHNÊDAT ÊBRU
SHNÊDAT ÊWTÊ
Nachtuil
greek
greek

Post by Nachtuil »

Larryrl wrote: 06 Jun 2019 07:19 So, how dod I find ways to add more phoneme combinations, to add to the language and decrease the dependancy on the national language to fill the gaps without running out of phonemes?
I don't do these kind of languages myself because I think it would be hard to try to find highly restrictive and workable systems to express the entirety of human experience but I'll try to offer some advice.

1. You may just need to have longer words and make certain phonemes be more general in meaning. Perhaps you can reserve one vowel, perhaps a central vowel like schwa act as a meaningless spacer vowel to let you glue multiple syllables and retain clear consonant information.
Instead of sto have seto. (With e being a schwa). This way you could also make distinctions between morphemes like st+o and s + t + o and leave the meaning clear. In this way you could build multisyllabic words as long as necessary that are both clearer in meaning and more pronounceable. Doing this, your effective 'syllable' length is essentially infinite. One 'syllable could be "steteskemedeyo" for example. The final vowel is the only meaningful one. (Kind of ugly but it's just an example.) (Edit: Wait no.... actually it's grown on me haha)

Such a system would presume that "steskeko" and "skesteko" would have different meanings so the order would be important not just the components.

2. Perhaps putting other restrictions on your syllable structures will aid clarity.

Say you have only onset clusters and no codas. "stosta" would always mean sto+sta and never stos+ta for example.

If I were doing it I might try to take this route.

3. If you do make syllables only have onsets, I would take advantage of the range of possible diphthongs for vowels including vowel length.
Let's say you had the following vowel qualities: /i a u/ with 'e' being used as the schwa spacer vowel.
You could have vowel length represented by double vowels /ii aa uu/ and
dipthongs /ai au ui ua ia iu/. This would give you 12 vowels to build syllables off of instead of just 3 (or 5 whatever)
You could further combine them adding /aii auu uii uaa iaa iuu/ and add 6 more. I myself wouldn't go the next and have /aai/ etc myself.That's a total of 18 vowels to build syllables with. /ia/ and /ii/ need not at all have related meanings just because they share an i for example.
If you think this is a lot, such systems are quite able to be used by humans. For example some languages have 5 tones with five vowel qualities. That's 25 potential vowel phonemes right there.

Anyway, combined you would have infinite possible "syllable" units without ever running out of phonemes.

(Edit: Bonus point)
4. Exploring possible consonant combinations not in English but able to be pronounced can further add to your options. Additional combinations without additional phonemes!
Examples : tsa ksa tla dza bza gna tna
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Since the last time I posted, as per my usual, I abandoned the minimalistic language in favor of a new one. I found a video showing a conlang from someone else, and how he created it in a unique way. He used some of Esperanto's ideas like the grammatical endings for words and such, but over all the way he was going was awesome, so I decided to take some of his better ideas and incorporate them into a new language, although not in the same way he did. My language is called Pailak which is pronounced ( pa:i:la:k).

I have grammar endings for my nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs, prepositions, and also conjunctions. Interjections do not have a grammatical ending, so for them I use the apostrophe to show that they do not have a special ending. the apostrophe is never pronounced, it is only typed or written. That is why particular care is to be placed on them so as not to confuse them with other parts of speach because they can end in any letter, and even ones that are grammatical endings for the other parts of speech.

Right now, I have almost eight hundred words in this language. This is because I did not reuse many words from my previous conlangs for words for this one. It has 3 verb tenses past, present and future. It also has a conditional mood for sentences like "I would go to the dance, if my dance partner would."

I will post more about this project as time goes on and I get more work done on it. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu