What I have been working on

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: What I have been working on

Post by Khemehekis »

Larryrl wrote: 18 Sep 2021 00:14 Started another conlang. This one is called primitive, and I already have about 416 words so far in about 2-3 hours. [:D] Once I figured out my concept, this conlang is practically writing itself. Turned the language into a spreadsheet matrix. It has the same grammar as English. I will post a link to what I have so far, possibly tomorrow. [:D]
Os primitive made out of aUI-style roots? (Going by the name here.)
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Larryrl wrote:It has the same grammar as English
So a relex?
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Titus Flavius wrote: 18 Sep 2021 20:48
Larryrl wrote:It has the same grammar as English
So a relex?
aUI has a pretty Englishy syntax too, which was one of the reasons I wondered if primitive was like aUI. (Another reason was the name -- words built out of "primitives")?
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Edited

The new idea is a bust. It was flawed from the beginning, so I took down the links. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thank goodness Shu is coming along so well. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Finally, finished the verbs and now am back in the Br's of the other parts of speech.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

I am trying to write a computer program that works as a lexicon creator. I am about to try to build a find/ find and replace function for it. The first couple of versions did not go so well. So, it's back to the drawing board for search and find for now. [:D] Also, it is a temporary program, as it does not allow Unicode characters.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

You can use http://akana.conlang.org/tools/awkwords/ and http://zompist.com/gen.html. They support Unicode (but I don't know if all, however certainly Shu letters will work). I personally prefere Awkwords.
XIPA
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Titus Flavius wrote: 26 Sep 2021 00:20 You can use http://akana.conlang.org/tools/awkwords/ and http://zompist.com/gen.html. They support Unicode (but I don't know if all, however certainly Shu letters will work). I personally prefere Awkwords.
Yes, I've used awkwords before. The program I was referring to, was one I am creating called Larlex, which is short for Larry's Lexicon creation program. It is one that lets me type in my words and save them. It has three columns, one for the natlang, one for the conlang, and one for the part of speech.

So far, my find and replace routine had to be removed, as it did not work like I wanted it to. Originally, the find routine worked. I had it tell me which of three columns, the word was found in, and what number the word was in the list from 1 to 100000. But I wanted it like Microsoft Excel spreadsheet does, where it would find and pull up the word to the center of the column. Also, I wanted it to find again, and to find and replace. I have not given up on that function, I will keep writing code until I get it just how I want it. However, for just typing in words in the Latin alphabet, it is ok.

My biggest problem with the word generators, is that they do not do very many words at a time, and you always have to give it the input it needs to work with such as vowels and consonants. Even the ones I've written myself, eventually if I tell them to generate too many words at one time, I end up with a word duplicated 10 to 12 times. [:D] The good thing about, it is that with the ones I program, the alphabet for a particular conlang is already in there and I just tell it to generate a certain number of words, with a certain number of letters in them. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

You can save your settings, set up to 9999 words and filter duplicates in awkwords.
XIPA
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Adding more words today. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Still adding more words.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

It will be several days before I post again,I am at a stand still until I receive my used dell computer I bought with Windows 11 pro on it. My old Dell is dying a slow death. Sometimes I can barely get the mouse pointer to move. KI will have to re-install a lot of my apps, and also re-establish all of my login cookies. This should be interesting. I did manage to get q few more words added to Shu yesterday before the slow down happened again [:'(]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Turns out the new used computer came early, a whole 6 days early. Now as soon as I get a office package that works like ms office, I will be ok. Can't find my office install cd. It's in its plastic case somewhere. I will install it again as soon as I find it. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien »

Man, many of you guys are another level from me. The amount of work and detail that goes into making your conlangs and conworlds truly something unique is staggering.

Me, I'm just like "here's a conlang that's a lot like IE" and "here's a con-nation that looks kinda like California and Spain". Oh well. [xP] I'll try to let it motivate me rather than make me incredibly jealous.

I've been working on compiling vocabulary lists and coming up with derivational affixes. [:)]
Last edited by KaiTheHomoSapien on 16 Oct 2021 20:13, edited 3 times in total.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I'll try to let it motivate me rather than make me incredibly jealous.
You can let it do both!
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

KaiTheHomoSapien wrote: 16 Oct 2021 06:10 Man, many of you guys are another level from me. The amount of work and detail that goes into making your conlangs and conworlds truly something unique is staggering.

Me, I'm just like "here's a conlang that's a lot like IE" and "here's a con-nation that looks kinda like California and Spain". Oh well. [xP] I'll try to let it motivate me rather than make me incredibly jealous.

I've been working on compiling vocabulary lists and coming up with derivational affixes. [:)]
Don't be Jealous of me, be jealous of some of the guys on another level from me, cause there are some,a whole bunch. Anyway Welcome Frien d. I certainly hope youj stick around for the fun. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Ok guys, go to the l,ink in this thread and download the newest copy of the grammar.

The computer died a slow death. [:'(] Ordered a used one for under $200.00 complete with windows 11 pro on it. [:D]
Computer came in Friday. It was supposed to be next Wednesday. [:D] [:D] Anyway, so I plugged in my external hard drives where all of my important data is. I was eager to get back to Shu. Lost my install disk and product key for Ms office 2007 or 2009 I forget which version it was anyway. Decided to migrate the Shu over to quattro pro spreadsheet from the word perfect people. Big mistake. Messed with it, added some words. Found a really low price on office 2019 pro. It was like $50 something. I bought it set it up, and would you believe quattro removed all of my 2nd set of vowels, the ones with the breve above them. There were five, then I had a y with a curcumflex (rooftop) over it. It got damaged as well. So I was left with question marks for the ng character and regular a e i o and u for the ones with the breve over it. [:'(] Loaded it up in the new office excel 2019, and I just got it fixed and uploaded the newly rebuilt grammar. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Well, I now have 4827 words in Shu. I will post in the proper thread when I reach 5000. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

Still adding words to Shu. It never gets old. I'm even starting to learn some of the words through repetition of using them when I write in my paper journal, as well as my digital one. [:D] When I get my maroon programming language interpretor finished, might add some of those keywords to shu, as each keyword is a speific color and I know there are a bunch I do not have yet. Then, I will most likely add the Shu words for the keyword colors to my programming language, so it will allow the user to code in English, or Shu. [:D]
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu
Larryrl
sinic
sinic

Post by Larryrl »

I have been working on adding more words to Shu along with my other projects and various appointments to Dr's and such. Seems my time is split. IO also spend time trying to learn more words in my language too.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Bu mac zoom pana shem.
Me too sexy for shirt.
Kle mac bu run
So sexyI hurt

Beef steak is good
wos pis ho tu