Ghoster's Conlangs [Split]

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Ghoster
cuneiform
cuneiform

Ghoster's Conlangs [Split]

Post by Ghoster »

So, there are three conlangs that I've been developing for quite some time now (even though one of them is still a beta thing as I struggle to make a satisfying correlation between the script, phonotactics and grammar) and they all have their own scripts of which I want to share with you.

First of them is Padmaran:
This conlang is more or less agglutinative and heavily based on consonant roots. Consists of many consonant phonemes (pharyngeal, palatalized and so on) but very few vowels. It makes extensive use of five different numbers (among which there's a "nullar number" used in negations of nouns). In its most classical form it has nine cases as well.
The script actually doesn't contain any vowels whatsoever (it only marks that a word begins with a vowel, but doesn't really specify which one), instead it marks grammatical information about a given word through symbols on the "tail" of the word.

Second one is Shangri:
This one is basically a weird mixture of isolating and polysyntetic structures giving something that covers a lot of ground on the linguistic typologic spectrum. The phonetics are quite simple (however it does use rather unique sounds such as alveolar percussive that can even be palatalized in certain enviroment). It makes use of uncommon aspects of verbs as well as turns half of its vowels into approximants in every second word.
The script is an abugida with an "-a" attached to every consonants (unless supported by a semicircle, which means that there's no proceeding vowel) marking vowels for accent and length.

The last one is Imfursa:
This one is still in the first phases of development. It's a agglutinative-fusional language with fairly simple phonetics, yet very far-going liaison, elision and other consonantal assimilations. Grammaticaly speaking it's very similar to romance or semitic languages, sometimes even nahuatl.
The script functions very simply: it's an alphabet marking palatalizations on the consonants and, well, it is just filled to the brim by ligatures. They're everywhere, surounding vowels and even stretching throughout the words swirling under and above the vowels.

So, I'd like to have your opinion on this one. What do you think about these?
Native: :pol:; Advanced: :usa: :chn: :nld:; Intermediate: :esp:; Lower intermediate: :deu: :rus: :fra: :nor:; Beginner: :jpn: :kor: :hkg: