The Esseintial Ch’eweyõw̌e Blog

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
DesEsseintes
mongolian
mongolian

Re: The Esseintial Ch’eweyõw̌e Blog

Post by DesEsseintes »

Aevas wrote: 15 Oct 2020 21:05I enjoyed reading this (which is to say the posts from this year, since I figured the previous ones were out of date). I too like the general esthetic of the language. The various processes give it an extra layer of depth without going overboard.

Thanks! I’m glad someone read it and liked it!
Could you elaborate on the unaccented syllables are pronouned? Like what is the pitch of the first syllable in wetéyo?

I’ll try to elaborate on that properly at some point but wetéyo is H-H-L.
Also, since there is no accent mark in the name Ch’eweyõw̌e, can I assume that the accent is on the nasal vowel?

That has been my assumption too, but the name may be outdated, and marking accent on nasalised syllables is as of yet an unsolved issue.
If these refer to an ejective p, then that is missing in your phoneme inventory.

Thanks for the catch. I’ve been vacillating since conceiving of this language whether to include ejective p or not. We shall have to assume it’s in for now, based on those examples.
Finally, what is the reasoning behind the apostrophe vs the hacek? At first glance it looks like apostrophes are for ejectives and clicks, and haceks for sonorants. But then you have <l'>, which goes against this (if it's due to the ascender, then the same question would go for <c'>).

Purely aesthetic. I like haceks over the continuants but l-hacek is not something I can stomach so I just went with the inconsistency.

Thank you for your comments!