ConIPA

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
lsd
greek
greek

ConIPA

Post by lsd »

As non-human language conlangers have you tried to create a conIPA ,with sounds that don't exist in earthly languages...
Pabappa
greek
greek

Re: ConIPA

Post by Pabappa »

When I was writing science fiction I had a language called Fojy that humans could speak with great difficulty, because it was meant as an interspecies language and humans weren't the ones in control of standardizing it. I never decided whether it had evolved naturally or whether it was an artificial creation by a committee like what Esperanto is to us. I guess I could have written it in IPA, but instead I created my own system that used only capital letters and used new glyphs like the Pluto symbol for a voiceless linguolabial stop. There were also fifteen tones, which I think I marked with dots after each vowel, but maybe I used dots both before and after each vowel because they were contour tones. On top of all that, every syllable could either be pharyngealized or not, which I marked with an "X" type of symbol below the vowel. I never called it an IPA because I didn't really write much about the culture or the situation of the humans that were speaking the language, but it wasn't really a Romanization either.
Makapappi nauppakiba.
The wolf-sheep ate itself. (Play)