What did you accomplish today?

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
kiwikami
roman
roman
Location: Oh, I don't know, I'm probably around here somewhere.

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by kiwikami »

Real life linguistics-related accomplishment:
Started getting a ton of participants for my dissertation research. Exciting. Slightly terrifying. Why am I, a person who in general does not like talking face-to-face with strangers, doing sociophonetics? Why did I make these decisions? Why have I not yet abandoned academia to work as a SCUBA instructor?

More relevant conlang-related accomplishment:
Alál's noun dictionary has hit 1500 entries and is maybe a third of the way through existing roots. Newest additions include various interpretations of HIR, including hısar (HISAR2) 'funeral parlor', hıár (HIR1) 'mourning period', and hıḳàarı (HIḳàR2) 'keening', itself with the derived hıḳàṭur (HIḳàṬUR2) 'professional mourner'. Cheerful stuff.

I also did some looking into what the most and least common declension patterns were for all these nouns. A2, N2, N3, and U2 were the most common; I1 and U1 were the least. Though N2 and N3 can both be divided into N2A/U/I and N3A/U/I depending on how exactly they were derived, so it isn't really fair to class them as one pattern each. I'm not surprised about all the A2s; I'd noticed there are a lot of C(C)aCa-patterned nouns in the oblique column of the spreadsheet. In the process I had to error-check a bunch of N-declension ones I'd accidentally labeled as their respective normal, vowel-based ones, and stumbled across the word for laundry ḳíḷaım which I'd completely forgotten deriving from 'cloth' and 'mushy matter'. Honestly I think every language should have a 'mushy' infix.
Edit: Substituted a string instrument for a French interjection.

:eng: :mrgreen: | :fra: [:)] | ASL [:S] | :deu: [:|] | :tan: [:(] | :nav: [:'(]
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

I successfully managed to digitize all 170 currently-extant glyphs in the CT cuneiform mode of Atski.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
CT = Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

it seems i cant attach external images anymore, so i will just link it:

http://pabappa.com/pics/fish/climates.png

Ive been spicing up the climates of my planet since they were so boring before, and since Ive moved the focus time of my writing backwards by about 4500 years, and had been planning on having a changing climate all along, I had the opportunity to retool what I had planned for the earlier climates to be.

This planet has its eccentricity about 0.45, which greatly overwhelms the axial tilt (about 16 deg), meaning that the whole planet has its hot and cold seasons at the same time, apart from some areas far out to sea which don't change that much, and perhaps the extreme polar regions (which are also ocean).

Humans, and for that matter vertebrates, cannot survive in the bottom climate, and hence the area is completely barren and nobody makes their habitat there, but various animals do show up during the ephemeral winter where there is lots of snow, which melts in spring and then boils away soon afterward.

In the top climate, there are hardy trees that are able to withstand the extreme heat since it lasts only a few weeks each year. Humans retreat further up into the mountains, and thus have an advantage over most animals, and can live there. Nonetheless, birds are common because they can also flee to cooler climates during the summer and then return when the temperatures are milder.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
When I see you pointing at me, I know I'm in trouble. (Play)
w.a.zantema
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by w.a.zantema »

I made my first ever irregular verb in my first conlang!
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

w.a.zantema wrote: 24 Sep 2021 22:44 I made my first ever irregular verb in my first conlang!
Congrats! :mrgreen:
Ahzoh
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Ahzoh »

Made a text sample:

Nardis kūnēse, kitîs nakābna le Daras Lumbūñu nakūsi.
[ˈnɒr.dis kuːˈnæː.sæ kiˈtiːs nɒˈkɒːb.nɒ ˈlæ dɒˈrɒs lumˈbuː.ŋu nɒˈkuː.si]
"I, who am Narad, will create a son and he will be the father of humanity."

Mamûs kūnēse, pitûs nakābna le Naras Lumbūñu nakūsu.
[mɒˈmuːs kuːˈnæː.sæ piˈtuːs nɒˈkɒːb.nɒ ˈlæ nɒˈrɒs lumˈbuː.ŋu nɒˈkuː.su]
"I, who am Mamu, will create a daughter and she will be the mother of humanity."

An excerpt from from a stele called the Oath of Creation, regarding the two moon deities, who created humanity.

And in the spoken register:
Anu, Nardi, kitê nakābna le Dar-Lumbā nakūsi.
[ˈɑ.nu ˈnɑr.di kiˈtɛː nɑˈkɑːb.nɑ lɛ dɑrˈlum.bɑː nɑˈkuː.si]

Anu, Mamû, pitâ nakābna le Nar-Lumbā nakūsu.
[ˈɑ.nu mɑˈmuː piˈtɑː nɑˈkɑːb.nɑ lɛ nɑrˈlum.bɑː nɑˈkuː.su]
Last edited by Ahzoh on 24 Nov 2021 22:01, edited 4 times in total.
Image Śād Warḫallun (Vrkhazhian) [ WIKI | CWS ]
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

Ahzoh wrote: 27 Sep 2021 22:17 Made a text sample:

Mamût kūnēsa, kitît nakābna le Dar-Lumbūk nakūsi.
[mɒˈmuːt kuːˈnæː.sɒ kiˈtiːt nɒˈkɒːb.nɒ ˈlæ dɒr.lumˈbuːk nɒˈkuː.si]
"I who am Mamu, will create a son and he will be the father of humanity."

Nardit kūnēsa, pitût nakābna le Nar-Lumbūk nakūsu.
[ˈnɒr.dit kuːˈnæː.sɒ piˈtuːt nɒˈkɒːb.nɒ ˈlæ nɒr.lumˈbuːk nɒˈkuː.su]
"I who am Narad, will create a daughter and she will be the mother of humanity."

An excerpt from from a stele called the Oath of Creation, regarding the two moon deities, who created humanity.

And in the spoken register:
Anu, Mamû, kitê nakābna ye Dar-Lumbā nakūsi.
[ˈɑ.nu mɑˈmuː kiˈtɛː nɑˈkɑːb.nɑ jɛ dɑrˈlum.bɑː nɑˈkuː.si]

Anu, Nardi, pitâ nakābna ye Nar-Lumbā nakūsu.
[ˈɑ.nu ˈnɑr.di piˈtɑː nɑˈkɑːb.nɑ jɛ nɑrˈlum.bɑː nɑˈkuː.su]
I like this!
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Made the declension system in proto-lang:
Vowel-final, polysyllabic declension

Code: Select all

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		mānas	mānane	mānahe	mānahis
Abs		māna	mānan	mānah	mānahi
Gen		mānak	mānanu	mānahu	mānahik
And in its descendant:

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		mānā	mą̄ne	mānǣ	mānǣ
Abs		māna	māną	mānā	mānǣ
Gen		mānak	mą̄n	mānǣ	mānǣk
Vowel-final, monosyllabic declension

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		sas	sane	sahe	sahis
Abs		sa	san	sah	sahi
Gen		sak	sanu	sahu	sahik
And in its descendant:

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		sā	sane	sǣ	sǣ
Abs		sa	są	sā	sǣ
Gen		sak	sąn	sǣ	sǣk
Consonant-final, monosyllabic declension

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		pate	patis	patas	patane
Abs		pat	pati	pata	patan
Gen		patu	patik	patak	patanu
And in its descendant:

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		pate	pǣt	patā	pąne
Abs		pat	pæt	pata	patą
Gen		pat	patik	patak	pąn
Consonant-final, polysyllabic declension

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		batake	batakis	batakas	batakane
Abs		batak	bataki	bataka	batakan
Gen		bataku	batakik	batakak	batakanu
And in its descendant:

Sg	Pl	Sg Def	Pl Def
Erg		bāke	bǣk	bākā	batąne
Abs		batak	bǣk	bāka	bāką
Gen		bāk	bākik	bākak	batąn
Sound changes:
Spoiler:
ahe ahi ahu > ǣ
aho > ꜵ̄
Syncope:
In words with three or more syllables the penultimate vowel drops, even if it's long
VN > V̨ / _[C#]
Vs Vh > V̄ / _[C#]
Word-final {i u o} disappear, leaving umlaut:
i-umlaut:
a > æ
u o > i
u-umlaut:
ꜵ æ > a
i o > u
o-umlaut:
a > ꜵ
i u > o
If the umlauting vowel was long, the umlauted vowel also becomes long.
w j > v z
r ɫ l > l w j
g > ɦ
aw aj > ꜵ æ }
æw æj > a e }
ꜵw ꜵj > o a } } /[C#]
ew ej > u i }
w j > 0 / [iuo]_ }
---
<ꜵ æ> are [ɒ æ], <i u o> are [i ɘ u].
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Yagia1
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Yagia1 »

Today, I finalized a Swadesh list for my conlang Vayardyio. You can check it https://www.dropbox.com/s/1168ewjl23ok8 ... t.pdf?dl=0! (First word = my nickname [xD] )
conlang: Vayardyio.
Affacite iago Vayardyio fidigou dicronésara !

native: :nld: fluent: :eng: :fra: :deu: can read: :ita: :esp:
SLiV
sinic
sinic

Post by SLiV »

I made a new conscript for Imperial and, after struggling with Inkscape and FontForge for a while, whipped up a pixel art font:

Glyphs:
p b t d k g
m n ts j f s
sh h l y/w a e
i u ia ua -o i*
-o* -n -ng - - -

Samples:
- - - lung ming jai
wei shiang nai huan shi yi
wa duen kao mao gen

The glyph i* is used when the phoneme /i/ does not precede or follow another vowel. The glyph -o* is used when the phoneme /o/ and its preceding vowel follow a vertical consonant glyph such as p, t, k. The script is inspired by Trantanese and thus by Chinese and Hangul.
:nld: native | :eng: fluent | :deu: :fra: :esp: reading | :lat: :grc: translating
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

This:

I had the day off work today, so I redid CT cuneiform again.
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Lately I've been adding several new plant and animal words to my Kankonian dictionary. Some are derived (compound words, etc.), while others are supposedly borrowings from the creatures' native names in local languages.

fkufwi rahat: butterfly weed (Asclepias tuberosa) (lit. "orange milkweed")
fkufwi na tetetzas: another name for butterfly weed (lit. "milkweed of butterflies")
durdharum: geophiloid (durd, dirt, soil + harum, centipede)
yulel-kiul: white-eyelid mangabey (Cercocebus) (yulel, eyelid + kiul, white)
gasaphor: kipunji, highland mangabey (Rungwecebus)
gyardran: salad burnet
frumpharar: burnet (any member of Sanguisorba)
starak-yakte*: spadebill (starak, beak + yakte*, triangle)
starak-daltzud: shoveler, shovelbill (starak + daltzud, spatula)
byaraihat: wedgebill (Psophodes)
lipopo: yellow plum (Ximenia americana)
lipoponakhi: olacaceous (lipopo + nakhi, (taxonomic) family)
shoermaksekis blan: Indonesian coelacanth (lit. "brown coelacanth")
shoermaksekis wowum: gombessa, West Indian Ocean coelacanth (lit. "blue coelacanth")
tzevu Boboertakvivik: Irrawaddy dolphin (tzevu, dolphin; Boboertakviv, Boboertakviv (coastal region of Southeast Dumang) + -ik, suffix for nationality, language, or residence)
yimara: female lamb, chilver
bokhro: male lamb
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Yagia1 wrote: 30 Nov 2021 21:29 Today, I finalized a Swadesh list for my conlang Vayardyio. You can check it https://www.dropbox.com/s/1168ewjl23ok8 ... t.pdf?dl=0! (First word = my nickname [xD] )
Nice, but what ever happened to yimégo, your word for "worm" that was derived from Khemehekis?
♂♥♂♀

MissTerry
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by MissTerry »

I installed SIL Keyman thing onto my computer, so I can easily type IPA. That way I can use IPA to share how to actually say/pronounced Humarayan stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxLVgVjVmx4

It's a really cool program. It works great on MS Word, and even in this forum.

Now that I have Keyman installedː today, I accomplished using IPA to map out the sounds of the Humrayan alphabetː

Phonemes In The Humrayan Alphabet

Anglicized Transcript Letters will be in angle brackets <...>
IPA pronounciation will be in slashes /.../
Followed by example or further explanation

< A > = /ɑ/ = As in the Spanish word “Mala.”
< AA > or < Ā > = /ɑːː/ = Like when something shocking happens and you say “daaaamnǃ”
< AH > = /əh/ = Like when you nod your head in agreement and say “uh-huh.” The /h/ in /əh/ is pronounced.
< B > = /b/ = Typical [b] sound.
< BH > = /bᵊh/ = Not /bʰ/ but /bᵊh/ where there is a very brief and soft schwa after the [b].
< C > = /c/ = It sounds like [ch] as in the English word “church” but it is a very soft [ch]. When this letter comes before another consonant, it becomes a glottal stop /ʔ/ shortening the vowel before it. Thus, for exampleː < bacbabaa > = /bɑʔ.bɑ.bɑːː./.
< D > = /d/ = Typical [d] sound.
< DH > = /dᵊh/ = As in the way to say “Buddha” in tradtional Classical Sanskritː /Bud.dᵊha/.
< E > = /eː/ = Like the [e] in the Spanish “te amo.”
< G > = /g/ = Standard [g] sound.
< GH > = /gᵊh/ = Not an “aspirated” [gʰ], but /gᵊh/
< I > = /i/ = As in the Italian word “Italiano.”
< II > or < Ī > = /iːː/ = It is an extended or prolonged /i/ sound.
< J > = /d͡ʑ/ = It’s like a softer < j > sound.
< JH > = /d͡ʑᵊh/ = A quick and soft schwa sound is uttered after the /d͡ʑ/.
< K > = /k/ = This is a continental < k / c / q >, meaning as most European languages make the /k/ sound, as in the < q > in the Spanish word “que,” or the /k/ in the French word “canard,” or as in the Italian word “capisco.”
< KH > = /kᵊh/ = Continental < k > followed by a quick/soft schwa and then a breathie /h/ sound.
< L > = /l/ = Typical /l/ sound, as in the English word “Low.”
< LL > or < Ḷ > = /ɭ/ sound, where the tip of the tongue touches the top of the roof of the mouth.
< LH > = /lᵊh/ = Not an “aspirated” /lʰ/; both the [L and H] are pronounced.
< M > = /m/ = Is a typical [m] sound. But after a vowel, the < m > nasalized the vowel before it. And so the Humrayan word “Agham” meaning “I” for boys is pronounced as /ɑ.gᵊhɑ̃ᵑ/ where the second [a] is nasalized and the [m] becomes a barely noticable /ŋ/. And the word “Humrayan” is pronounced as /’hũᵑ.rɑi.jɑn/.
< N > = /n/ = Unlike Classical Sanskrit, the [n] is not nasalized.
< NH > = /nᵊh/ = Both the [N and H] are uttered.
< NG > or < Ṇ > = /ŋ/ = Like the < ng > in the English word “Sing.”
< O > = /ɔː/ = As in the Spanish words “nosotros no somos pendejos.” It shouldn’t be like the [Posh/British/Southern California] English “ew” sound where we say “Show” as “shew” /ʃeu/ or “oh /eu/ my god.” I’m from Southern California.
< P > = /p/ = It is a continental /p/ you find in Spanish, French, Italian, etc. As in the French word “poisson.” Not the apirated [p] sound of our English language.
< PH > = /pᵊh/ = Not an aspirated /pʰ/, but a continental /p/ followed by a very soft and quick schwa and then an /h/, but it comes out sounding very similar to a /pʰ/.
< R > = /r/ = Is quick trill, as in the Spanish word “Pero.”
< S > = /s/ = Typical [s] sound.
< SCH > or < Ṣ > = /ʂ/ = Like you’re saying “shhh” to tell someone to be quiet.
< SH > or < Ś > = /ʃ/ = The tongue is in the position to make an /s/ sound. Sound like the Mandarin Chinese [sh] sound.
< T > = /t/ = It is a continental /t/, which is also the /t/ sound in the word Chinese word “tofu” as a Chinese person would say it.
< TH > = /tᵊh/ = Not an aspirated /tʰ/. Both the [T and H] are pronounced.
< DT > or < Ṭ > = /ʈ/ = This is like the Hindu [t] sound, where the tip of their tongue is at the roof of the mouth like you're going to make the /d/ sound; which is why I transliterate that sound as a “DT.”
< DTH > or < ʈᵊh > = The Hindu [t] sound with an [h] sound.
< U > = /ʊ/ = Like the [oo] in the American English word “foot,” or like the [u] in the Thai phrase “khun thai.”
< UU > or < Ū > = /uːː/ = Like the [u] sound in the Mexican Spanish word “fútbol” but prolonged.
< V > = /v/ = As in the English word “volcano.”
< VH > or < F > = /f/ = Makes the [f] sound like the [f] in the words “french fries.”
< W > = /w/ = As in the [w] in the Thai greeting “Sawadi Ka.”
< Y > = /j/ = As in the German word “Jahr,” or like the [y] in the English word “you.”
< TS > or < Z > = /tᵊs/ not /t͡s/ as in the Italian word “pizza.” It is a continental /t/ followed by an /s/ with a subtle schwa in between.
MissTerry
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by MissTerry »

Today I gave the list of modern words and concepts Khemehekis gave to me a serious and contemplative look. The list presents itself as a huge challenge because Basha Humrayan is an ancient language. But so is English. But English has Greek and Latin as its go-to languages to obtain new roots to create and invent modern neologisms for science and technology. Humrayan doesn't. These days I don't have a second conlang to use as my go-to language. How do I obtain new roots to create new words that describe modern civilization?

After pondering about this all day, the answer came to me! Hebrew and Arabic!

Hebrew and Arabic have a unique and interesting way of making new words. They begin with a Triconsonantal Root, and to make new derivative words, they add various vowel around the three consonants! Very clever indeed!

I decided to borrow that concept. And so I tried it out with the first two words in the list Khemehekis gave to me: Electronics and Battery.

I already had a seed word which means "shock / spark," which is Jyo+. I had the word Bhuda which means "light / brilliance." I got rid of the vowels in Bhuda to isolate the consonants which gave me Bh-D. I used Bh-D to make a new root: Bhod, which has no meaning but is related to the word Bhuda. I snapped the Jyo+ with the new root plus the noun suffix +a, and got Jyobhoda, which now means "electricity." I also already had the suffix +iksa which means a "thing which pertains to." I added that suffix to the new word and get: Jyobhodiksa which ends up meaning "electronic thing." I put the +i to pluralize it and now have "Jyobhodiksai" which means "electronics," where now, that new word has its own unique root word.

To make the word "battery" I took the Humrayan word for a "rock" which is Siloscha < SiLoṢa > I alter that word a bit by removing a vowel to get a new root: < SLoṢ > which has no meaning but is now given the meaning of a "cell." I added to the new word the preexisting Humrayan word Barha which means "work / energy" and get "Sloschbarha," which is the new Humrayan word for "battery!"

That's what I accomplished today. I made my first two modern civilization words for Humrayan. Basha Humrayan is evolving! And with the incremental evolution comes the need for a new rule of grammar: new roots may be created in order to help create new words the language needs so long as the following three criteria are adhered to: 1) That such new roots must be derived from words/lexemes already present in the language, 2) That the consonants of the word or lexeme being used to generate new roots be isolated from the vowels and said consonants be re-used, 3) The letters [c] and [m] may be incorporated into the new roots as those two letters alter the sounds of vowels and are often silent themselves in certain placements of a word, & 4) That such new roots are given meaning or significance which is in some way related to, associated, or correspond, or correlate with the word or lexeme it was derived from in ideation and/or notion and/or abstract concept/thought.
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

This morning at 7 AM I had an ultrasound sonogram of my kidneys done.
Maybe now I can devote some attention to my conlangs and my neography and my conworld!
MissTerry
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Post by MissTerry »

Today I added about 100 new words to Humrayan! I spent a few hours working on the word list Khemehekis gave me:

I learned today that grouping words into categories like how Khemehekis does it is way easier on your brain and makes the creation of new words faster! The first few words were challenging. But with a sound and rational method of deriving new roots [if such is needed] and combining existing words to make descriptive neologisms, the process of creating the new modern civilizational words became easy. It was fun to figure out how to make each English word/concept into Humrayan.

I only needed to create a small few new roots words, otherwise, I used existing Humrayan words. One new root word I had to make was "Shokra" which means "disc/disk." Shokra came from the Humrayan word "Shakra" which means "circle," which is obviously derived from the Sanskrit "Chakra." I used old words and gave them new meanings also. For example, the word "Kujatum" means to "chirp / to make bird sounds," which comes from the Sanskrit word "Kuja" which means to chip also. Kuja+lla ends up meaning a "beeper." The suffix +lla is the agent suffix [like +er in English].

It took me a while, but I figured out how to make the word "internet/web" in Humrayan. I used a seed word "Myu" which means "that which pertains to computers," which is used like the prefix Cyber+ in English. To that I added the word "Ajla," which means "Field." So the Humrayan word for the "internet, the web, cyberspace" literally means "cyberfield." Ajla comes from the Humrayan root word "ajl" by the way, which means "to be flat," and comes from the Sanskrit word "Ajra" which also means "field." Ajra is genetically related to the English word "Acre," as well as the root "Agri" in "Agriculture," which literally means to "cultivate a field." The Sanskrit word Ajra meaning Field is also distantly related to the Hebrew word "Arah" which also means "Field."

Now I can use Humrayan to talk about myself being a user of this forum:

Anam myuajlaskinas eh chobobora myuganu as. /ˈɑn.ɑ̃ᵑ mju.ɑd͡ʑ.ˈlɑ.ski.nɑs eh cɔː.ˈbɔː.bɔːrɑ ˈmju.ga.nu ɑs/

1. Anam means "I" for females.

2. Myuajlaskinasː myu+ajla+aska+ina+s = Myu means "that which is related to computers / cyber." Ajla means "field." Myuajla means "cyberspace." The suffix +aska is a Demonymic suffix meaning a person who is a member of a nation, race, tribe, folk, or group. +aska is related to the demonymic +ski you see in the word "Ruski" meaning "Russian," or the +sk in the demonym "Dansk" meaning "Danish," also the English +ish suffix. +Ina comes from the Sanskrit suffix +ini, as in the word Yogini meaning a female yogi, and means "female/girl." +s is the indefinite article. Thus: myuajlaskinas basically means a "female user / a girl who is an active user/member of cyberspace."

3. Eh: Means "of / Belong to."

4. Chobobora: Cho+Bo+Bo is how you say the alphabet letters CBB [Cee Bee Bee] in Humrayan. The suffix +ra means that what it is appended to is either an abbreviation or spoken initials.

5. Myuganu: Myu+gana+u. Myu means "things pertaining to computers / cyber." Gana comes from the Sanskrit root word GN/Gana which means "group / gang," and corresponds to the word "forum" which in the old days in Rome meant a group or gathering of people. Myugana means "forum" on the internet. +u is the definite article. Thus: Myuganu = The Forum.

6. As: Asat with the +at dropped, means "is."

Basha Humrayan now as 16,600 words! That's what I accomplished today.
Man in Space
roman
roman

Post by Man in Space »

Created some chemistry terminology for CT.

móm ĝ kélen hydrogen (lit. 'mother of water')
móm ikłe hága deuterium (lit. 'a mother twice over')
móm ikłe isë tritium (lit. 'a mother thrice over')
móm ĝ ḫuú oxygen (lit. 'mother of breath')

ëslug 'tungsten' (lit. 'hardy', adjective used substantively)
lugna sígna 'uranium' (lit. 'yellow metal'; often understood to be U-238 in opposition to U-235, below)
móm n raáḫ 'U-235' (lit. 'mother of division')
naglugna 'depleted uranium' (lit. 'stonemetal')

kélen hún standard water (lit. 'dark water')
kélen suú heavy water (lit. 'true water')
Twin Aster megathread

AVDIO · VIDEO · DISCO

CC = Common Caber
CK = Classical Khaya
Kg = Kgáweq'
PB = Proto-Beheic
PO = Proto-O
PTa = Proto-Taltic
STK = Sisỏk Tlar Kyanà
Tm = Təmattwəspwaypksma
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

@MissTerry, @Man in Space: Oh, how fun, both of you!

MissTerry has since been sent the entire LCV.
♂♥♂♀

Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I created several new animal adjectives in Kankonian today. Got 25 new words, including haraishomi (hylobatine), vatolupi (pelecanine), gmomari (hystricine), and bosumi (ailuropodine). All the animal adjectives (canine, feline, equine, ovine, porcine, etc.) just add the adjective suffix -i to the common name of the animal. Nothing special.
♂♥♂♀