What did you accomplish today?

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Re: What did you accomplish today?

Post by Iyionaku »

Today I finished an overview of CBB loanwords in Yélian. I collected all the words from the "Lexicon sculpting" thread that made it into Yélian.

In total, there are a stunning 268 words (mostly roots) that made it into Yélian from one of your languages! The most words, unsurprisingly, were derived from Lao Kou's Géarthnuns language, with a total of 111 words. Most of these words are high-standard, but even some words from the core vocabulary are in there, like movro "job", derived from Géarthnuns mörvesma'uls "academy".

Runner-up is Corphishy, of whose multiple languages 41 words made it into Yélian. The entire "scoreboard" can be fine behind the spoiler tags:
Spoiler:
111 words: Lao Kou
41 words: Corphishy (notably nitya "to attack", from *ŋĩtša "to attack"
12 words: DesEsseintes (notably sia "to drink alcohol", from "to drink")
10 words: xroox (notably naityel "trousers", from naikytau "eel")
10 words: Ambrisio (notably saun "hopeful", from saun "optative marker")
9 words: Znex (notably kusta "to marry", from k'ũs "green-yellow")
8 words: Keenir (notably ignida "to get sth. started", from igdinidin "rolling")
8 words: Sangfroidish (notably cleiti "movie", from cléthi "to close up, construct")
8 words: shimobaatar (notably sokól "nut", from sokol "nut", ultimately from Géarthnuns çaugörleks "nutgall")
7 words: Linguifex (notably inca "to adopt", from iɴkʷaɪ̯̥ "biological child")
7 words: opipik (notably imkær "sibling-in-law", from in-ku "mother-in-law")
6 words: qwed117 (notably bana "to glare", from bana "light")
5 words: k1234567890y (notably natú "unknown", from nosu "foreign")
3 words: thaen (notably contor "dictator", from kontur "to dictate", ultimately from Géarthnuns gnutröks "tyranny)
3 words: Ebon (notably pelès "snack", from peless "piece of food")
3 words: misora (notably cestre "rainforest", from kestre "forest")
2 words: Rabotaju (notably bades "meat", from soṛobaḍeṣ, "to eat beef and lettuce together")
2 words: elemtilas (notably vuquán "hidden power", from wûtqanggo "people, spirits")
2 words: Dezinaa (notably alnu "tree bark", from alnu "tree bark")
2 words: guhir (notably sini "constant", from sinid "fixed; constant")
2 words: Canis (notably lausa "to lie", from іл҃авsт "to believe")
2 words: J_from_Holland (notably nasa "to doubt", from /ŋɑχɑd̪͡z̪/ "despair")
2 words: katálgk (notably làn "excited", from laanh "blood")
2 words: Nannalu (notably cumucer "pebble", from kumúkkerki "clouded mountain peak")
2 words: ummah (notably masqua "to steer", from tn-masqaħa "he drives along")
2 words: Yorra (notably bayadúr "display", from bashadux "display")
1 word: Click (rèni "mean for no reason", from rén "evil")
1 word: Tuyono (iartyagi "crab, lobster", from yarchagi "crab, lobster")
1 word: Mándinrùh (támazad "provincial capital city", from tamal "capital city")
1 word: baradsonoron (amiga "to nibble", from hamigami "to eat")
1 word: gestaltist (verdú "temple", from werdú "temple")
1 word: Khunjund (deʻay "raven", from adeâe "bird")
1 word: stonyhonu (pasa "to cut", from pasa "to cut")
1 word: thetha (asʻin "poltergeist", from asˀiníˀ "ghost")
1 word: zyx3166 (ruta "to confuse", from rurut'ir "to confuse")
I would like to thank all of you for all the inspiration and awesome vocabulary you provided!
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Thanks for posting that, Iyionaku! I had lots of fun getting an overview of all the conlangers who contributed to your language. Especially Lao Kou with his Géarthnuns. All that posting in that thread paid off.

And if you hadn't given the etymology, I would have thought sia was an Easter egg -- an allusion to the "party girl" song "Chandelier".

Meanwhile, I have finally received a copy of the 30,000 most common words in English (with 150 million running words). My next task for Kankonian will be to run the corpus lists through my own copy of Mike's corpus software (WordSmith) and get a list of the all the words that made the top 30,000 with 150 million tokens that didn't make the top 30,000 with 130 million tokens. I should have several new words after I do that.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 86,336 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
felipesnark
sinic
sinic

Post by felipesnark »

I abolished Denkurian's conditional mood, with its former functions mostly taken up by either the past or future optative. This leaves the following 11 tense-mood forms: the past, present, future indicative, subjunctive and optative and the past and future imperative. I typically include an explicit conditional mood in my conlangs so this is a departure for me.
Visit my website for my blogs and information on my conlangs: http://grwilliams.net/ It's a work in progress!
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Gondolan now has 50 pages of grammar and 140 words! The most recent topic I've been working on are pro-adverbs and modal particles.
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Khemehekis wrote: 03 Jun 2020 14:13 And if you hadn't given the etymology, I would have thought sia was an Easter egg -- an allusion to the "party girl" song "Chandelier".
Honestly, until I collected the entries from the thread, I thought that too, in fact, if I recall correctly, I even mentioned it on the board once (in the easter eggs thread maybe?). In the etymological dictionary I'm compiling I even stated it's from there. "Folk etymology" much [xD]
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Chagen
runic
runic

Post by Chagen »

Yesterday I spent a ton of time coming up with passive infinitives for Pazmat.

Today, I decided that Pazmat expresses passive infinitives by simply using a passive copula infinitive with a passive participle. Genius move, Nazoc. Something along the lines of

torrītāya naśvā "to be hit"
tārusāya naśvā "to have been hit
toravīsāya naśvā "about to be hit" (honestly I have no idea

Actually, huh. I'm not sure what to do here. Given that Pazmat has passive participles, having dedicated passive infinitives makes sense, but on the other hand, I really like periphrastic constructions and Pazmat absolutely does not have enough of those, plus my recent changes have allowed Pazma to pile on deranked verbs so long as an infinitive ends the construction. Likewise, should the passive in Pazmat now be a periphrastic construction with some kind of passive copula? Oh dear.

I think I will keep the passive infinitives but have modern Pazmat overwhelmingly prefer using participles with a passive infinitive, and leave the actual passive infinitives for set in stone phrases, maybe a few special periphrastic constructions, and ridiculously formal speech.

Also in most modern speech the participles agree with their noun in class but NOT in definiteness or case--they can be, but these are dropped as the case is assumed and an "indefinite" in Pazmat is more indifferent to definiteness than strictly indefinite.
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Gondolan (Gändölansch) now has 76 pages of grammar, and 240 words in the lexicon. It's incredibly satisfying to finally see one of my conlangs come to life in a way that all my others haven't. My overall goal for the month is around 85 pages of grammar and 1000 words, but I'mma try to pace myself.

Gondolan was my way of getting back into conlanging after two years of just.. not conlanging. Somehow it's surpassed any of my other conlangs ability to express meaning and rate of growth.
:con: Gândölansch (Gondolan)Feongkrwe (Feongrkean)Tamhanddön (Tamanthon)Θανηλοξαμαψⱶ (Thanelotic)Yônjcerth (Yaponese)Ba̧supan (Basupan)Mùthoķán (Mothaucian) :con:
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

Very nice. That's a lot of grammar but not a whole lot of words, so I think your plan to focus on the lexicon is a good idea.

Today I've been focusing mostly on religious terms, across a wide spread of languages. Like my last post here (I think), this is a very time-intensive activity, with little impressive output. The words look as if I had just made them up, as the patterns are really only visible to me. For example Leaper pʷă "angels' judgment; blessing or curse" does not look like it could be cognate to "angel" and ŋ̇k "judgment", but so it is. I'm also working up specific names for tree spirits that are often just as opaque.

In general, people on planet Teppala live close to their gods, so religious terms are often quite short. Some of the terms will be context-dependent, or may take classifier suffixes, particularly words such as Leaper's "angel", which was already highly polysemic even before I added the angel meaning to the list.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
When I see you pointing at me, I know I'm in trouble. (Play)
felipesnark
sinic
sinic

Post by felipesnark »

I'm continuing to work on revamping Denkurian's verb system. I came up with the following ways to express various aspects.
Spoiler:
Verb aspects
Continuous/progressive (‘to be doing’): progressive particle + infinitive
Ja + VERB
Ja hunot. I am eating.

Perfect (‘to have done’): perfect prefix to the verb
ma(y)- + VERB
Mahunot. I have eaten.

Prospective (‘to be about to do/to be going to do’): “be” + infinitive
bathi + INF
Bat hunothi. I am about to eat. I am going to eat.

Recent perfect (‘to have just done’): “come” + “from” + infinitive
mevathi pesh + INF
Mevat pesh hunothi. I just ate

Habitual (‘to usually/normally do’): “tend to/usually do” + infinitive
vogethi + INF
Voget hunothi. I usually eat.
I also simplified how Denkurian does conditionals:
Spoiler:
Visit my website for my blogs and information on my conlangs: http://grwilliams.net/ It's a work in progress!
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Gondolan now has 353 words in the lexicon, and another 50 in the form of pronouns, particles and etc. The grammar has definitely grown too, now sitting at 83 pages. Although adding an index beefed it up five pages so it's kinda sorta cheating.

The 353th word is Görgengkos, a realm-eater of Gondolan mythology. Although the most recently created word is actually number 350, Shio, meaning "Springtime".
yangfiretiger121
sinic
sinic

Post by yangfiretiger121 »

Parlox wrote: 10 Jun 2020 05:16 Gondolan now has 353 words in the lexicon, and another 50 in the form of pronouns, particles and etc. The grammar has definitely grown too, now sitting at 83 pages. Although adding an index beefed it up five pages so it's kinda sorta cheating.

The 353rd word is Görgengkos, a realm-eater of Gondolan mythology. Although the most recently created word is actually number 350, Shio, meaning "Springtime".
Slight fix to numbering.

Also, index with no ToC? You uncouth barbarian! (Seriously, said in jest, not as an attack.)
Alien conlangs (Font may be needed for Vai symbols)
Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

i added another 210 monosyllables to the vocabulary of Play. This is sort of the opposite of my last post .... yesterday i worked for hours to add just a few words each to a few languages that look so different from each other that one could think I just made them up ex nihilo. But today, I came up with 210 words in just a few minutes because all I had to do was look for short words in the parent language and then carry them through the sound changes, which are extremely simple, and put them into the Play dictionary.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Pabappa wrote: 10 Jun 2020 23:58 i added another 210 monosyllables to the vocabulary of Play. This is sort of the opposite of my last post .... yesterday i worked for hours to add just a few words each to a few languages that look so different from each other that one could think I just made them up ex nihilo. But today, I came up with 210 words in just a few minutes because all I had to do was look for short words in the parent language and then carry them through the sound changes, which are extremely simple, and put them into the Play dictionary.
I can't wait to be as far into my diachronic project as you are yours. It'll probably take a long while though tbh.

The Gondolan dictionary is now at 467 words, the most recent one being Tol "wheel". Gondolans grammar is at 86 pages, most of the beefing up was from describing pro-drop conditions and object shifting within pro-drop clauses.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I wrote my first sentence in Achel:

Righ phelnol beknolko.
chase girl-GP boy-GP-ACC
Girls chase boys.

Then I drew a map of Keitel's five continents and the major islands, labeling the continents. I still haven't drawn the mountains and rivers yet, though. Those are for a later day.

I named the major countries, determined the languages that were spoken in each country, and named 512 major cities that still stand to this day (five hundred twelve would be written 200 in the Keitelese hexadecimal base). Those city names are necessary to help me name chemical elements (I haven't named them all yet), and to decide where the universities will go.

Although Keitel has one-world government, in the ancient past it had many countries, each with their own cultures and languages. Here are the major countries that once existed on each continent, the major languages that were spoken there, and the modern cities that were placed in that country when Keitel had countries (an asterisk denotes that the city was that country's capital):
Spoiler:
On Braon:
  • Ach ([Early to Middle] Achel): Tlaoksouhh*, Diakhphud, Louiz, Deshcoan, Poudphud, Nailgos, Laimmuibh, Meighpuish, Muibhkajlei, Coandom, Poudsoun, Miakhmuibh, Dospoud, Chekhgos, Loksat, Zhubksat, Ksattlatl, Tlaokregh, Praibh, Raich, Armuibh, Souhhlous, Khansouhh, Ksoadphud, Ksighaps
  • Tech (Techel): Mupp'pel*, Dochan, Seim, Aochbar, Luzbit, Ksotphet, Muppkok, Gourmupp, Haksel, Kindish, Dubbel
  • Kanis (Kanischel): Khoder*, Medra, Is, Phourem, Gughlan, Zesh, Khaibor
  • Onder (Akter): Noipr*, Haptik, Beksmon, Tudron, Bhahhet
  • Bisi (Bisichel, Normenchel, Alet, Akter): Bhotis*, Budiap, Prakmod, Shouizis, Tanash, Rekaroud, Bibsain, Kanshit, Koulestar, Aditi, Toshten
  • Phuman (Phumanchel): Beili*, U'ephser, Ou'adun, Sotakh, Bhisem, Kotan, Kuima
  • Bbesti (Bbeschel): Asmar*, Maregh, Estan, Doipp, Suimesh, Sakag
  • Oikher (Bbeschel): Khoidish*
  • Zalan (Bbeschel): Zedag*, Nophon, Milsepp, Bbupes
  • Toreg (Bbeschel): Kugen*, Dorel, Lizbban
  • Hhatshet (Hhatshetchel, Achel): Utdan*, Shapti, Netsad, Lildek, Dohhgar, Abgas, Ophenout, Pouschan
  • Dun (Dunchel, Achel): Tanmei*, Usin, Gaophan
  • Laimao (Laimaochel, Achel): Biasai*, Membhan
  • Prein (Preinchel, Achel): Touphou*
  • Kaosigh (Kaosighchel, Techel, Bbeschel), Endekh*, Kakhghas
  • Aomou (Rainen, Kourish, Touti): Tiatia*, Sianri
  • Kom (Komchel, Agan): Pristepr*, Aksphad, Ghotri
  • Sheikh (Sheichel, Pros, I'onchel, Koumon, Raidephchel): Cha'as*, Korsei, Titam, Chiled, Dachich, Oksedar
  • Makak (Makakchel): Nomgor*, Breitel, Nastour, Sad, Diku, Bikim
  • Orom (Makakchel): Phutut*, Kakor, Khaimar
  • Pheniks (Bbarao): Sud*, Bbarous, Bbamphair, Rilppen, Bbulzat
  • Gulzan (Bbarao): App'ras*, Metmihh, Touhhmes
  • Zekter (Bbarao): Tungad*, Koktebb, Helsik, Eph Mairon
  • Bbaphar (Bbarao): Lolgut*
  • Ehish (Bbarao): Psephimppon*
  • Etkakh (Etkakhchel): Okkiap*
  • Sezir (Sezirchel): Tumat*, Algez, Raihhel
  • Zhekan (Zhekanchel): Solizh*, Sandar
On Phen:
  • Taolan (Taolanchel): Kishai*, Bhaopin, Usoi, Tanmo, Taipen, Phinlan, Keshian, Liantao, Teise, Ianphian, Li'opi, Hantai, Laohen, Koimao, Insen, Inten
  • Misin (Mi, Mui, Naon, Pairao, Kaphin): Rinzen*, Jirin, Kijia, Meipui, Suisoui, Pukim, Nalui, Nilain, Rijiam, Paonao, Tenzaikhi, Aonkheisai
  • North Prik (Prikpit, Jala): Prantom*, Nit'lik, Priket, Zaop'pam, Banmit, Cailit, Taojik, Latpritman, Laipou, Pouproica, Kuseiplap
  • South Prik (Prikpit): Kutimin*, Olpat, Paster, Pulpapr
  • Kouleid (Kouleidchel, Jala): Koureis*, Gadebh, Zerkit
  • Souis (Jala, Souischel, Kaimao, Shai, Nuibhu, Bhaolem, Souim): Braosh*, Bouleis, Haibhon, Noisui, Benmisan, Kankai
  • Pso'os (Psaib, Rapter, Ochlao, Pukus): Chorim*, Dendor, Gourekpa, Photus, Phona, Saptinder, Phoulu'os, Psilaosh, Kseriden, Ksilmaktos, Amprouph, Pophis, Ghopsis, Ksampson, Za'os, Lei'on, Toureidor, Tetrao, Makpos, Jhigbon
  • Boulal (Boulalchel): Ardenoud*, Melsim, Zoulot, Poutorek
  • U'os (U'oschel, Boulig): Bedros*, Nikton, Pounadras
  • Peilei (Peileichel): Borat*, Boilao, Nuisan, Siaplel, Nairgui
  • Laippi (Laippichel, Kaomao): Asppen*, Shaokimpi, Leidai, Tilanko, Karappa, Paoluimui, Kakeimppa, Danui, Ppenkao
  • Pre'abh (Prebhit, Ksoksi): Gouregh*, Mitbit, Phitsarmen, Le'asik, Coambet, Bramba, Indor Tukses, Indor Pha'os, Poumegh, Boulaiksat
  • Caiboul (Caiboulchel): Limbhot*, Ecsaiti, Kaokon, U'aitec, Todrak Bhal
  • Sulour (Sikour, Taka, Aphet, Abad, Koupikpa, Megbe, Gouraon): Danshokar*, Boudesmid, Ogbunidish, Magbadao, Maglaolao, Sunakpek, Sulu Julu, Tourash, Ratkan, Phoutikpis, Koulon, Raogon, Ligbagba, Dogroloud, Iju Jama, Jonsaid, Pokhdor, Ragbi
  • Solu'el (Laidan, Empouta, Natis, Souzhao, Taka, Gouraon): Tisangi*, U'anka, Kouribar, Kouradezh, Leilen, Torkips
  • Phoulip (Phouluk, Khem, Bainen): Kattia*, Empashin, Hekis
  • Taomao (Tao): Paipam*, Ppui'u'ei, Kaippou, Saotao, Taosao, Mimam
  • Souimao (Souimaochel): Zansuik*, Shia'ao, Poanoa'ui
  • Appa (Appachel, Nunus): Kogani*, Ilsuzu, Suston, Pabbar, Pabbetian, Musheppi, Mukhnus, Pparan, Zhalili, Sakmourdor, Loisppemit, Bbaron Sakon
  • Ksamdar (Bbarao): Sikhban*, Bhanator, Ebbulet, Raksdibh
  • Banmou (Banmouchel, Nunus): Iami*, Ustouph
  • Poulanoud (Poulanchel): Pokaok*
  • The Sandy Republic (Kha'ak, Moihhin, Khikhin): Akhrabham*, Sounid, Ismeigh, Jadu, Hhiklaotekhutl
  • East Gapha (Ardenout, Pheki): Sopham*, Baizer
  • West Gapha (Pheki, Lesaot, Bhember): Keiletit*
  • Shiap'rar (Shiap'rarchel): Pobuman*, Miakaopus, Undagnia, Choilaos, Guipui
  • Dazur (Dazurchel): Ashkaz*
  • Raph (Raba, Leiba, Solchan, Rachal, Lepibchel, Tindichel, Murad, Murab, Aoksu, Bbarao, Mestik, Tazor, Soukaip, Kalbokh, Ksebher, Kouraim, Soundi): Hinjan*, Archiad, Ge'odat, Maikbret, Aspran, Bbol, Bizbidas, Phoumoshtian, Aka Lodon, Tizmet, Ppiasedet, Lepib'brait, Ghotbrait, Ozmemoud, Emdabba, Gourlin, Zhomakh, Diphoresh, Akrasebb, Ksoldao, Kisppit'lebh, Chandaghar, Cospres, Khaplei'it, Taroach, Badjim, Noiprudi, Ppoarshem, Sebbudub, Naikhi
  • Aphisbad (Soundi): Sabdoi*, Raphran, Daokhules
  • Kamped (Soundi): Timpazhi*
  • Roklash (Soundi): Dourniash*, I'ormul, Bountarzi, Hherin, Khantobh, Phoushnamrem
  • Itez (Soundi, Itchel): Mishraph*, Breclac
  • Ikhash (Soundi): Muglesh*, Abider
On Kaos:
  • Esteph (Du'en): Razbaom*, Taimarod, Teglulis
  • Bazbbi (Bbiba, Hhar): Aobbishan*, Bbemphar, Sourahh
  • Sesphi (Mozkat, Bbiba, Soundi): Nabat*, Aobashout, Ppeisaon, Dudaraon
  • Aoki (Kiki, Soundi): Ppibben*, Jabbako
  • Ppalut (Ungad, Mokha, Techel): Somdar*, Kortaon
  • Ppama (Mokha, Techel): New Gourmupp*, Ppi'os, Lachmupp, Pporphok
  • Obru (Breiph, Cheichei, Ciji, Techel): Braotas, Jijhin, Eprazon, Ppazotei, Coiliach
  • Kaiton (Psoptan, Akter, Bbarao): Doheksar*, Dusphemon, Techoiskoi, Upron, Supron, Suphapsendis, Bbortan
  • Kheirish (Sokheirish, Bbarao): Markogh*
  • Rachlagh (Pechlagh, Achel, Techel): Ghoisil*, Cholnak, Kopaigh, Nianagh
  • The Golden Kingdom (Soumud, Ikpel, U'azha, Zoitl, Techel): Port Zhima*, Maopati, Tlekish, Buiz, Zhaklatli
  • The Southern Republic (Lobop, Tlakatl, Psoptan, Bbiba, Mokha, Achel, Techel): (in Dachembao) Haphmak*, Sorgen, Kokhren, Pakush; (in Sasep) Boisap, Pippitetl, Zheibhen, Amppar, Soidetl; (in Paolabb) New Kindish, Rochgod; (in Mekoshi) Kimaj, East Piatl, West Piatl, Shaketl; (in Kochtok) Medbar, Baobar; (in Tousai'a) Bao'ein, Soutlian, Gaphgat, Hhiatsa, Lai'am; (in Usphial) Maidod, Taiko, Kento, Mibi'od; (in West Pilan) Bi'ukh; (in East Pilan) Goureib, Pourkas; (in New Sesphi) Philos, Ppotar, Hippog; (in Iliat) I'is, Ai'om, Kaimial, Gakmus; (in Nechpar) Ladroj, Elmobb; (in Ksandouri) Souishaim, Tuzhai; (in Punhui) Touimuim, Besphud; (in Kheistlaok) Taksksat, Ppo Zon Komta, Komksat; (in Runsuk) Bhiktik; (in Shakel) Leikai; (in Ppobu) Shitikui
  • Psaiki (Tibati, Techel), Kitiras*, Ipsaigon
  • Zhoizhoi (Zhingil, Techel): Baleigoi*, Boushak
  • New Souis (Babati, Souischel, Bhaolem): Appereidi*, Ditaok, Kasa, Nasoukh, Saishman, Teizhnao
  • New Appa (Lippman, Appachel, Techel, Achel): Bbaron Nui*, Nakunak, Uppor, Phansapp, Caghlaj, Daorem
On Noudi:
  • Duda (Bekhlal, Sadi): Redzab*, Hhashlabh, Khettahh, Maintag, Ubdin, Bharmul
  • Monkias (Nou): Bbouliad*, Zuiris, Maikniam
  • Dibra (Nou): Bheskhen*, Zaidkhoushet
  • North Tousar (Hhoushi): Toumebb*
  • South Tousar (Hhoushi, Nou): Atphar*, Douphim, Dubazh
  • Di'uresh (Hhoushi, Nou, Tabil, Tebli): Okhlumoukh*, Sitphan, Neglis, Ountar, Kobhlebb
  • Nidlis (Kolaobh, Bbeschel): Emppipr*
  • Mai'as (Kourim, Aischel, Bbeschel): Hhachsa*, Saod, Bao'a
  • Renet (Denash, Senit): Lin*, Temakh, Sinim, Tedkhal, Butrun, Mastit
  • Proikla (Proiklachel, Bbarao): Jupr*, North Taobrad, South Taobrad
  • Pialdin (Joi'a, Ta'es, Bbeschel), Si'etl*, Ghaisno
  • Jhagu (Jhagchel, Nou, Techel): Taomorin*, Giglao, Chondor, Ghoureizh, Tajhjil
On Khashram:
  • Iphsebr (Phospha, Oskim, Pidar, Achel): Ksurimoph*, Aiksik, Teidan
  • Iphnouktiap (Pidar, Achel): New Armuibh*, Ksoghlogh, Ksoghksat, Pitrijetl
  • Kotka (Tlotik, Makakchel, Taolanchel): Psimakh*, Kotlkon, Souktikun, Akspetl
  • Khosuc (Bikhous, Kseimi, Koushi): Caisok*
  • Ca'ak (Uskhetl, Hhukhik, Taolanchel): Kiasak*
  • Silit (Soshik, Techel), Siskitl*, Jukuik
  • Tlachei (Hha'otl, Moktlitl): Ksopuitl*
Note the cities that were in Ach, where Achel originated:

Tlaoksouhh*, Diakhphud, Louiz, Deshcoan, Poudphud, Nailgos, Laimmuibh, Meighpuish, Muibhkajlei, Coandom, Poudsoun, Miakhmuibh, Dospoud, Chekhgos, Loksat, Zhubksat, Ksattlatl, Tlaokregh, Praibh, Raich, Armuibh, Souhhlous, Khansouhh, Ksoadphud, Ksighaps

These are the Achel words in my cities' names (noun+noun appositions are head-last; stative verbs follow the nouns they modify):

aps: gate
chekh: boom; to boom (quick growth; grow quickly)
coan: field
diakh: axe
dom: to be green
gos: lot (paved ~)
kajlei: to be grey
ksat: valley
ksigh: bank, riverbank
laim: trek; to trek
lo: sun
lous: to be sweet
miakh: shrub, bush
muibh: village, town
nail: plane (flat surface)
phud: city, town
poud: rock, stone (count noun)
puish: orchard
regh: to be orange
souhh: damp valley
soun: to be white
tlaok: land (area)
tlatl: to be happy
zhub: fruit

Khan and Ksoad are people's names. Other morphemes are dead morphemes, or refer to local plants and animals I haven't created yet.

Among the Achni place names, there is an Easter egg. Can you find it? (Hint: It refers to me.)
Last edited by Khemehekis on 01 Aug 2020 14:58, edited 2 times in total.
♂♥♂♀

Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

Gondolan has reached 91 pages of grammar, and roughly 560 words!

Also, I'm starting to be able to form basic sentences in Gondolan without referencing the lexicon or grammar. So that's nice.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Wow, your grammar is growing fast! It took years to get my Kankonian grammar up to 150 pages.
♂♥♂♀

Pabappa
greek
greek

Post by Pabappa »

Working on some even shorter words for the parent language of my main projects, which I will then trace back to a language I'm calling Primordial, spoken 11000 years further back than this parent language. It was a very conservative eleven thousand years, but nonetheless there are radical changes in every aspect of the language, so there's not much evidence that the words are even related. Nonetheless it's helping me produce new words like
dʷān "fish scale"
dəku "white rose"
lĭha "fishing boat",
and others which I value primarily because they have compound meanings but appear as atomic roots to the speakers. Even scholars who know the constituent morphemes would not be able to break these words down because of all the sound changes .... for example /lĭha/ is a compound of /lìkə/ "boat" + /à/ "fish", but was made at a time when those words were different.

Similarly I created four words for sea birds, though in this case I think what I'll do is have different words survive in different branches of the family and end up being used for the same bird, rather than having all four be meticulously preserved for four different species throughout all of that time. These peoples are very interested in fishing, but less interested in birds. Birdwatching for fun might be popular in the interior areas where birds are more colorful, ... not sure why that is .... but sea birds seem for whatever reason to be similar enough that I could have just one word for all of them, with adjectives used to distinguish the species rather than separate roots.
Kavunupupis, šiŋuputata.
GoshDiggityDangit
greek
greek

Post by GoshDiggityDangit »

I’ve recently started a couple of mini-langs for the heck of it. First, a tonal, vowel-heavy, and consonant-light language Óyok (alternatively O₃yok, pronounced [o˦jok̚]). Secondly, a descendant of Middle~Old English spoken in northern France. The second is unnamed and currently in the conceptualization stage, and Óyok has a phonemic inventory but no morphology or syntax to speak of yet.
Last edited by GoshDiggityDangit on 21 Jun 2020 04:16, edited 2 times in total.
“Like billowing clouds, Like the incessant gurgle of the brook,
The longing of the spirit can never be stilled.” ― St. Hildegard von Bingen
Chagen
runic
runic

Post by Chagen »

I finally actually worked on Paz cuisine. I guess this is more conworlding, but there are new words!

For now what I have is that it's going to be heavily inspired by Indian (mainly Punjab) and Middle-Eastern cuisine. One thing that makes it quite different from those two is that the Paz have no religious restrictions against either pork or beef, so they have things like beef curries and pork gyros.

The staple foods of the Paz are a naan-esque bread called dyegā and rice which they call śighā. Dyega is either cooked hard (ṛbadyegā) at which point it is either used dipped into sauces, crushed to add texture to things, or topped with meat/vegetables; or soft (komidyegā), whereupon it is either eaten like bread in a typical western meal or stuffed full of meat and vegetables--such "stuffed dyega", or stradadyegā, though it's often just called just called strēdrītā (lit. "stuffed [thing]") or straddegā, is quite possibly the quintessential Paz street/fast food, though a cultural debate rages on to this day: cover the fillings with curry sauce and then stuff (zudhastrēdī "curry-stuffed"), or have the sauce on the side to dip the bread in (zudhalīrī, "curry-dipped)? The former is more convenient and lets the sauce permeate the bread more, but requires a drier curry for obvious reasons, while the latter allows for a much stronger curry (though its advocates tend to "conveniently" forget that the former method is usually paired with bread that has spices cooked in it or is even dusted with them before eating). Easterners like zudhastrēdī, westerners like zudhalīrī. Maybe because their rural lives are more slow-going?

Outside of this, the typical paz drink is either rose water tea (avatvīsā lit. "rose-steeped", indef. avatvays means "a glass of rose water"), a thick milkshake-esque yogurt drink called vallūrō and I thought I was being creative there but apparently India already invented that millennia ago (Lassi)! Well, vallūrō is much sweeter, due to using honey and milk. For getting drunk, the preferred alcohol is rice wine śigghajā (from śighakajā, lit. "rice-drink"), though beer (cannā, probably related to con- "brew") is also common. Kids tend to drink milk (vartarā from vṛt- "milk, squeeze") or rose water.

This is obviously just a start and I'll need to do more research. Fun vocab-building exercise, though!
Nūdenku waga honji ma naku honyasi ne ika-ika ichamase!
female-appearance=despite boy-voice=PAT hold boy-youth=TOP very be.cute-3PL
Honyasi zō honyasi ma naidasu.
boy-youth=AGT boy-youth=PAT love.romantically-3S
Parlox
greek
greek

Post by Parlox »

So I've been collaborating on an immersion based conlang with some others, and it's produced some truly beautiful phrases.

Pepetin'la'psal'jake'hwangkejokwakeqijakwazonurogajaloganemimu'poipoi ta’a’i.
[3RD.PLUR.two.five-NEG-??"speak language of small bloody planets"-3RD.PLUR 2ND-COM-ACC]
“Our two groups of five each will not have spoken the language of crying small bloody planets with you.”