Hālian's Alleged Scratchpad

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Hālian's Alleged Scratchpad

Post by Hālian »

I'm finally joining the cool kids in 2011 and getting myself a scratchpad. Expect clonging and worldbuilding stuff to be posted here intermittently. Or not.

To start out:

Nouns in the Lessan language are collective-singulative, with a polysingularizing noun class system, listed and exemplified below:
  1. Sacred concepts: deities, radioactive chemicals, most magic/psionics terminology
  2. Persons: names of sapient species, personal names, names of ethnic groups, sophont body parts
  3. Pack animals: birds, termites, fish, animal body parts
  4. Wild animals: dragons, boars, shellfish, cuts of meat
  5. Fruits: includes all native food plants, even if not fruit
  6. Plants: trees, moss, algae, non-native food plants
  7. Things: "other", includes qualified nouns from other classes like "red hair" or "broken bone"
  8. Abstract concepts: locatives, diminutives, infinitives, some magic/psionics terminology, most scientific terminology
  9. Animate singulars: singularizes classes 2, 4, 5
  10. Inanimate singulars: singularizes classes 3, 6, 7
  11. Abstract singulars: singularizes classes 1, 8
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Re: Hālian's Alleged Scratchpad

Post by Hālian »

Including by reference this post about number words in Classical Āirumāli, and soliciting feedback on everything that was, is, & will be in this thread.
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Hālian »

Also this post about number words in Lessan, along with a brief overview of the language that mostly duplicates what's in the OP of this thread.

TODO: assign a meaning to every possible single-syllable Lessan word.
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Hālian »

Hālian wrote: 06 Feb 2021 07:50TODO: assign a meaning to every possible single-syllable Lessan word.
[info] Progress report: 237/312!

Seeking feedback on word choice and suggestions, with the guidance that this language is for forest- and jungle-dwelling, predominantly premodern, psionic space elves on a terraform moon.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I feel like there was a post that mysterioulsy vanished. Maybe it was just a dream. As requested (in my dream), some feedback on the presentation and the language.
The noun class system looks cool, I would just like to see some examples in context. I have to admit that I don't know if I understand the table in your last post. Is this conlang oligosynthetic? Why do you organise the meaning in a phonological chart?

On the presentation: I don't like clicking links, I must admit. I also like a small explanatory text with conlang stuff and if possible some examples on the usage. Honestly, I am not so much a fan of scratchpads, but de gustibus non est disputandum.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

Your Hoennese Realm link leads to commercial spam.
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Hālian »

eldin raigmore wrote: 21 Mar 2021 01:27 Your Hoennese Realm link leads to commercial spam.
Oop, I forgot to change it when I had to change Hoenn's URL. It's been fixed now.
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Hālian »

Creyeditor wrote: 20 Mar 2021 21:17I have to admit that I don't know if I understand the table in your last post. Is this conlang oligosynthetic? Why do you organise the meaning in a phonological chart?
Because I intend for every possible syllable to also be a word. Oligosynthesis is an interesting idea.
WeepingElf
sinic
sinic

Post by WeepingElf »

Hālian wrote: 21 Mar 2021 03:25
eldin raigmore wrote: 21 Mar 2021 01:27 Your Hoennese Realm link leads to commercial spam.
Oop, I forgot to change it when I had to change Hoenn's URL. It's been fixed now.
No, it isn't.
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Hālian »

WeepingElf wrote: 21 Mar 2021 14:26
No, it isn't.
Guess who has two thumbs and is irredeemably stupid‽ :mrgreen: I had updated the Website field of my profile but not my signature. Now both should point to the right place.
WeepingElf
sinic
sinic

Post by WeepingElf »

Hālian wrote: 22 Mar 2021 06:26
WeepingElf wrote: 21 Mar 2021 14:26
No, it isn't.
Guess who has two thumbs and is irredeemably stupid‽ :mrgreen: I had updated the Website field of my profile but not my signature. Now both should point to the right place.
I see. I was relating to the link in your signature. Not that there was much to see yet on your site, but it is better than a web site unrelated to your conworld and selling baby dolls ;)
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
Hālian
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Hālian »

Including by reference this post listing the phonology of Lierean, one of my other Alliance clong ideas.