Lexember 2021

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Re: Lexember 2021

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien »

Sorry I'm late to the party but I'd been debating whether to use a previously-introduced conlang or use this as an opportunity to introduce a new language like I did last year with Arculese. I've opted for the latter and will be using this Lexember to introduce Tamagic, a heretofore unseen conlang of mine. Tamagic is a Mantic language and thus a relative of Lihmelinyan and Arculese, but more distantly related. I've allowed myself to be freer here without feeling so enslaved to IE as a source. It is only very loosely based on IE (specifically Tocharian).

Since this language isn't well-developed, there probably won't be many sentences here:

1st

nezáltham - /nɛ.'zal.θəm/ - "I speak"

2nd

kértnām - /'kɛrt.naːm/ - "I listen"

3rd

aušírnām - /au̯.ʃir.naːm/ - "I call, shout"

4th

meltsnéyū - /mɛlʦ.'ne.juː/ - "language" (from méltsin "tongue" + -eyū "abstract noun-forming suffix") (cf. Lih. mélgis "tongue")

5th

óñinke - /'o.ŋin.ke/ - "house" (cf. Lih. ánkas)

6th

šéntam - /'ʃɛn.təm/ - "I clean" (cf. Lih. sándami)

óñinkam ašéntenc "they were cleaning the house"

house-ACC clean-3.PL.IMPERF

/'o.ŋin.kam ə.'ʃɛn.tɛnʨ/

cf. Lih. ánkan esándant with the same meaning

7th

písnikar - /'pis.nɪ.kar/ - "knife" (from písñam "I cut")

8th

poskáñe - /pos.'ka.ŋe/ - "maid, scullion"

Finally, a small sentence:

"The maid put the knife on the table"

pisnikáram poskáñe konaíkyei nemútules

knife-ACC maid-NOM table-LOC put-3.SG.PAST

/pis.nɪ.'kar.əm pos.'ka.ŋe ko.'nai̯.kjei̯ ne.'mu.tʊ.les/

písnikar is neuter, but in Tamagic, neuter nouns have gained distinct accusative forms (borrowed from the masc./fem.) not found in most Mantic languages where neuters are noted for having identical nom. and acc. forms.

Tamagic has a very small phonological inventory and lacks voiced stops entirely. The name "Tamagic" is from a Lihmelinyan exonym (Tamágis, a city in White Manter).
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 9 - Yélian

Three words today, as they are closely related to one another.

restæntad [ɾəsˈtœntɐd] - dental floss
Etymology: rester "tooth" + rantad "thread"

restænced [ɾəsˈtœŋkəd] - braces
Etymology: rester "tooth" + anced "cap, hat"

restæsúl [ɾəstəˈsuːl] - tooth-ache
Etymology: rester "tooth" + asúl "pain"

Cimavanat, îyin, u yélicuró væpesavat sanim restæncedgòican èpa agiravat restæntad pèmi tifò pès aran! Ruclat roselein restæsúl èpa vat sanet civaseliut!
[kɨˈmaːʋɐnɐt, ˈiːɕɨn, u ˈʃeːlɨkʉˈɾoː vəˈpeːsɐʋɐt ˈsaːnɨm ɾəsˈtœŋkəˌdɔʊ̯kɐn ˈɛpɐ ɐˈxiːɾɐʋɐt ɾəsˈtœntɐd‿ɛmi tɨˈɸɔ̈ː pɛs ˈaːɾɐn | ˈɾuklɐt ɾɔ̈ˈseːlɛɪ̯n ɾəstəˈsuːl ˈɛpɐ vɐt ˈsaːnət‿ɪʋɐˈseːlɪ̯ʉt]
NEG-forget-JUS.2PL, child-PL, TEMP evening-COL remove-JUS.2PL 2PL.POSS braces-loose-PL and use-JUS.2PL floss week-ENUM three-DIST to baseline | otherwise FUT-get-2PL tooth_ache and DEM 2PL.OBL NEG-VOL-get-INV.3SG.INAN
Remember kids, remove your removable braces every evening and use floss at least three times a week. Otherwise you'll get a tooth ache and you don't want that!
Last edited by Iyionaku on 09 Dec 2021 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Lorik
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Lorik »

Lexember 9th - Lohdan
kinar ['kinɑɾ] Noun
1 Fireplace
2 Campfire
Example:
Pâvî ka horra kinar-duc, na-bruvânâ!
['pɑ:vi: kɑ 'Rorɑ 'kinɑɾ duk nɑ bɾu'vɑ:nɑ:]
put.SG.IMP more wood fireplace-at 1SG-be.cold-SG.PRS
Put more wood in the fireplace, I'm cold!

kinarun [kinɑ'ɾũ:] Noun
Torch
Etymology: kinar (campfire) + -un (diminutive), literally meaning "small campfire".
Example:
An turado sîlâ kuruva, sivârî id kinarun.
[ɑ̃: tu'ɾɑdo 'si:lɑ: ku'ɾuvɑ si'vɑ:ɾi: id kinɑ'ɾũ:]
DEF.SG outside be-SG.PRS dark grab-SG.IMP INDF.SG torch
It's dark outside, grab a torch.

radirun [ɾɑdi'ɾũ:] Noun
Candle
Etymology: radir (fire) + -un (diminutive), literally meaning "small fire".
Example:
Na-dâhî lhâphir ka radirunin.
[nɑ 'dɑ:Ri: 'ʎɑ:fiɾ kɑ ɾɑdiɾu'nĩ:]
1SG-need-SG.PRS buy-INF more candles
I need to buy more candles.
Native: :bra: | Fluent: :eng: :fra: | Intermediate: :rus:
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Day 9

Hannaito (Entry 9):

hou /hou/ [ˈhou̯] (intransitive)
Verb:
1. to work, to toil, to labor/labour, to be employed
2. to be occupied, to be busy, to be engaged, to pay attention, to focus, to be devoted, to be invested, to put in effort
3. to operate, to function, to be effective, to work properly
4. to last, to persevere, to remain, to stay
5. to exercise, to jog, to run, to walk quickly, to dash, to hurry
6. to look for work

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaito *gul "to search, to seek, to hunt, to look for, to chase, to follow, to pursue".

KaiTheHomoSapien wrote: 09 Dec 2021 08:28 Sorry I'm late to the party but I'd been debating whether to use a previously-introduced conlang or use this as an opportunity to introduce a new language like I did last year with Arculese. I've opted for the latter and will be using this Lexember to introduce Tamagic, a heretofore unseen conlang of mine.
Welcome! No need to apologize! [:)]

Also, I can definitely relate to your "dilemma" regarding which language to use.
KaiTheHomoSapien wrote: 09 Dec 2021 08:28 Since this language isn't well-developed, there probably won't be many sentences here:
Ah, no worries. I'm in a similar position myself.
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

9m Lexembr
detaxion /ˌde.takˈsjɔn/
- synthesis, amalgamation, combination, creation of something complex or coherent by combining simpler things;
- transmutation, transfiguration, modification, affecting the structure or composition of a substance or work;
- (chemical) reaction, conversion, process by which substances are changed into others through combination and decomposition

Etymology: borrowed into Boral in the late sixteenth century from Scholastic Latin dētaxiō "chemical reaction", popular variant of dētactiō by analogy with nouns such as connexiō "junction". This dētactiō is a nominalisation of verb dētingō "I affect, cause to undergo a transformation or reaction", from tangō "I touch, arrive at, affect". The alchemical sense is original; extension to other contexts is in evidence by the time of the Long Peace.

Comburnç no's for detaxion con ignifex magn hastous.

/kɔmˈbɪ.rn̩ts noz fɔr ˌde.takˈsjɔn kɔn ˌaj.niˈfɛks mɛjn hasˈtuz/
[kʊmˈbɪːnts noz fɔː ˌde.tɐkˈsjɔn kɔn ˌaj.nɪˈfɛks mɛjn hɐˈstuz]
burn-nmlz neg=be.3s only synthesis with oxygen very fast
Burning is just a very fast reaction with oxygen.

excerpt from Albick Medicine in the Workshop Decades, Part V: Alchemick Detaxion, one of the volumes in a series released by the Conster Health Edifice and funded by the anthracite administration's Ministry for Health. This volume was written by Dr Harold Westcamp and published in 1994, with additions by his deixist collaborator Marcathow Cox.

…use copper in their fecundation projects, showing a surprisingly-modern understanding of the unity of zoia [micro-organisms] and edifice life (that is, comprehending that substances noxious to the one were apt to have a similar effect on the other.

But however helpful the counter-zoic properties of copper (as well as the less-effective jast [zinc] and silver), truly safe handiwork could not be achieved without liquid diffruction. Wine and other fermented drinks had been noted as a preventative of infection since the medieval period, and the wider availability of distilled lembick [ethanol] in the sixteenth century allowed Arnoutszen to recommend it in his great treatise.

The advances of the Long Peace led to the discovery of yet more effective solutions. The saltpetre mills (built to provide a source of the gunpowder component in the absence of natural deposits) of Zampanagar and neighbouring Tacday Ancore [1] made use of sea wrack as a raw ingredient. In 1778, according to the reports of the overseer at the Contare mills, a purplish vapour was seen rising from disposal vats in which the waste was treated with vitriol. Named for the colour of the crystalline residue formed as the element accumulated, news of the discovery of tin-sow (literally "indigo element") travelled west over the next decade, and writers in Latin eventually settled on the name janthine, from the…

[1] polities in South East Asia, roughly coterminous with southern Vietnam and Cambodia.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

Image Atili: usimvahna /ˌu.ʃimˈvɑχ.nʌ/ - windmaker (etym. urusim "winds" + vah make + -na (nominalizer)). Windmakers are sailors who steer ships by redirecting the wind in the right direction using the etawsim ("wind aether"). Despite the name, most windmakers can't actually create wind where there is none, and ships must beware becoming becalmed. In addition to steering, windmakers also act as navigators, using specially coded charts that show important features like water depth, currents, and annual wind patterns. The knowledge of how to read these charts is a trade secret of the Windmakers' guild (usimvahnavi).
Last edited by Mándinrùh on 11 Dec 2021 03:39, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Leczêmbirèu 9 - Camnorese
piret - knife
Bonus:
virnâre - subtract
virnaremnagn - minued
virnareztagn - subtrahend
Laksambanra 9 - Unnamed Infixing Language
piret - sword
ɬék-tep-per 9 - pāˀ-llātʰ
ⁿdṹ - to dwell, to live
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Day 8:
Xőiʰ /ɕøi˥˧/ "child"

Day 9:

Hnwàʰ /ʰnwa˧˩/ "baby"
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Lexember 9

Weddisch
lean
/lɛːn/
1. salary
2. wage

Yemya
djen
/d͡ʝen/
1. money
2. cash
3. currency

Borrowed from Middle Chinese 錢 /d͡ziᴇn/
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Añoþnın
eksuþ n. [ˈʔɪksuθ] (ekısutu) Newborn baby; baby under a year old. MC ɪksut ~ -kɨstu, from AC akasūtū, of uncertain origin. The Lohılwéh cognate tłetłhé' /t͡ɬét͡ɬèhéʔ/, and Cıéthíıųécıųe féssoecıue /fésːwèt͡swè/ suggest that the AC form was originally *kakasūtū, although that form is not attested. A connection to kisūtu "child" (itself of uncertain origin) is plausible. Potentially both kisūtu and *kakasūtū were borrowed from two separate related languages.

vtr. [ˈnɵ] () Prepare food, prepare something for cooking (e.g. peel vegetables, drain blood from a pig, steep sago). MC nɨ ~ -n, AC , from PB * "wash, clean (an object)".
Nek, ısısıh ñi nek: "Inıhuhto ñuktoñ ısuþnı nič o ıñıhsıs nı čutniñ kasıñča kasnı bın su!"
[ˈnɪːːk | ˈʔʉsʉsʉh ɲi ˈnɪk || ˈʔʉnʉhuhto ˈɲuktɔɲ ˈʔʉsuðnɵ ˈnit͡ʃ | o ˈʔʉɲʉhsʉs ˈnɵ ˈt͡ʃudniɲ ˈkɐsʉɲd͡ʒɑ ˈkɐznɵ ˈbʉn su]
nek ıs-čısese-ko ñi nek: 'ınsı-ıkukoto ñukoto-ñı ıkısutu-nı nič o ıñı-kosısı nı čutana-ñı kasıkıno-ča kası-nı bın su.'
thus PAST.IMPFV-ask-1SG 3SG.DAT thus: NONP.IMPFV-stop behave-2SG newborn.baby-DAT like and NONP.PFV-start prepare cut-2SG water.rat-PROX tooth-DAT 2SG.POSS using
"And then I said to him, 'Stop acting like a baby and skin this water rat with your teeth!'"

Hohetłéneyéyesénı Lohılwéh

'we' [ʔwéʔ] vtr. Go, walk. – vintr. Function, work properly. PHLCF *kútù, from an unattested form of AC akūtu without the initial syllable, from PB *akútu "walk". Cf. Cıéthíıųécıųe, Féthíıvéfe kute.

we [wé] prep. Moving towards, (moving) in the direction of. PHLCF *ú, AC ū, from PB *ú "to, towards". Cf. Cıéthíıųécıųe , Féthíıvéfe .

wene [wénè] n. (pl. wenóne /wénónè/) Tiny insect; fly, gnat, mosquito. PHLCF *úrè (pl. , AC ūra, from PB *údu̯a "gnat". Cf. Cıéthíıųécıųe huh.

Sekai

datǔ /dà.tǔ+L/ adj. Crazy, mad. n. An insane person. PN *dàtu̯é+L, from PB *datu̯éda.

á /á/ n. Urine. PB *áá, from a reduplication of PB *akú.

Ckyo·ka

ytɨjo·s /ʎ̥˔tɨ.ɟɔːs/ n. Plane (for woodworking). From ytɨ "smooth" + causative verbaliser -jɨ + tool class marker -os.

so·grɨjɨ /sɔːɡ͡ʟ̝ɨɟɨ/ vtr. Fire (from a job), lay off; break up with someone in a relationship. From so· "alone" + person class marker -grɨ + causative verbaliser -jɨ.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 10 - Yélian

tòitivel [ˈtɔʊ̯tiʋəl] - voluntary work (in an association etc.)
tòitivelas [ˌtɔʊ̯tɨˈʋeːlɐʃ] - voluntary, unpaid
Etymology: tòi "free, unbound" + tivel "work" (only in compound words) + adjectivizer -as

crevétivel [kɾəˈʋeːtiʋəl] - voluntary, honorary work (in politics, as an honorary president etc.)
Etymology: crevél "heritage, legacy" + tivel "work" (only in compound words)

USAGE NOTE I: crevétivel is only used for voluntary and unpaid department, office or government positions. tòitivel, on the other hand, is used for non-official voluntary positions, like treasurer in a sports club, city cleaning initiatives, demonstration leaders etc. There is also a word that already existed prior to this challenge which is related. zulbar (Southern) and tiùlbar (Northern) are only used for "forced voluntary work" as a penalty in jurisdiction.

USAGE NOTE II: the adjective tòitivelas is not used together with tivela "to work". "I work voluntarily as X" is usually translated as "I am doing X volutarily" or "I am voluntarily X", as displayed in the example sentence.

Piytaqueta, Sandi pertòitivelasbit a'pacʻu renim o'sangi o'vánitbal.
[ˈpa̯iːtɐˌkeːtɐ, ˈsandi pəɾˌtɔʊ̯tɨˈʋeːlɐsbɨt ɐˈpakʔu ˈɾeːnɨm ɔ̈ˈsaŋgi ɔ̈ˈvaːnɨbɐl]
time-new.SUP, PROP INGR-voluntary-COP.3SG.ANIM DEF.ANIM=ombudsperson 1PLEX.POSS DEF.GEN=club DEF.GEN=handball
Lately, Sandy has started to work voluntarily as the ombudswoman of our handball club.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Lorik
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Lorik »

Lexember 10th - Lohdan
nînar ['ni:nɑɾ] Transitive verb
To water (a plant).
Example:
Ra-dâkâ ûkrâ nînar anin rikanin hogad.
[ɾɑ 'dɑ:kɑ: 'u:kɾɑ: 'ni:nɑɾ ɑ'nĩ: ɾikɑ'nĩ: 'Rogɑd]
2SG-have-SG.PST forget-SG.PSTPART water-INF DEF-PL plant-PL today
You forgot to water the plants today.

phelârir [fœ'lɑ:ɾiɾ] Intransitive verb
To wash, to clean oneself, to take a bath.
Example:
Na-dâhî phelârir.
[nɑ 'dɑ:Ri: fœ'lɑ:ɾiɾ]
1SG-need-SG.PRS take.a.bath-INF
I need to take a bath.

dâgrir ['dɑ:gɾiɾ] Transitive verb
To wash, to clean, to bathe (only used with living beings, such as pets and children)
Example:
Lôssáv, dâgrî vi lohun. Ku-sîlâ ninratada!
['lo:sɑ:v 'dɑ:gɾi: vi lo'Rũ: ku 'si:lɑ: nĩɾɑ'tɑdɑ]
Lôssáv wash-SG.IMP 2SG.POSS.SG pony 3SG-be.SG.PRS muddy
Lôssáv, go wash your pony. It's covered in mud!

palînir [pɑ'li:niɾ] Transitive verb
To wash, to clean something.
An holód vîrô sîlar palînî nalu erú.
[ɑ̃: Ro'lo:d 'vi:ɾo: 'si:lɑɾ pɑ'li:ni: 'nɑlu œ'ɾu]
DEF.SG main.room must-SG.AOR be-INF clean-SG.PSTPART every day
The main room must be cleaned everyday.
Native: :bra: | Fluent: :eng: :fra: | Intermediate: :rus:
zyma
korean
korean

Post by zyma »

Day 10

Hannaito (Entry 10):

hasso /haʔso/ [ˈhas.so] (intransitive)
Verb:
1. to live, to dwell, to reside, to inhabit
2. to be stored, to be kept, to be placed, to belong
3. to spend, to pass (time)
4. to be still, to rest, to meditate
5. to feel comfortable, to feel at home, to fit in
6. to stay, to visit, to lodge, to board, to sojourn
7. to exist, to be situated
8. to be characteristic of, to be innate
9. to live or spend time in a particular way
10. to act habitually, to be habitually

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaito *garrô "to lie (down), to rest".

teese /teese/ [ˈteː.se] (intransitive)
Verb:
1. to live, to be alive
2. to survive, to persevere, to endure
3. to make a living
4. to subsist, to live on, to live off, to depend on
5. to be remembered, to have a legacy
6. to be lively, to be enthusiastic, to be energetic, to be excited, to be passionate, to show interest
7. to breathe

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaito *têrse "to breathe, to live".
The user formerly known as "shimobaatar".
(she)
Shemtov
runic
runic

Post by Shemtov »

Day 10:
Nhàìⁿ /ɳãĩ˩/
Mason's trowel

Day 11:
Kwéúʰ /kʰweu˥˧/
"Mortar (Material)"
Many children make up, or begin to make up, imaginary languages. I have been at it since I could write.
-JRR Tolkien
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

10m Lexembr
harmonir /ˌar.moˈnɪr/ [ˌɑː.mʊˈnɪː]*
- to align, line up, match, to be in alignment or otherwise in an orderly configuration;
- to fit together, mesh, interlock, to be of complementary shapes;
- to dovetail, square, go, to not disagree with or contradict each other or the surrounding context;
- to agree, concur, conform, to be of the same mind;
- (in music) to harmonise, to play at a consonant interval or to provide a counter-melody;
- (in linguistics) to assimilate, to alter in phonetic character so as to approach a neighbouring sound

*not to be confused with ammonir /ˌa.moˈnɪr/ [ˌa.mʊˈnɪː] to warn, presage, caution, to be an omen or early sign of something bad

Etymology: thirteenth-century attestation as armognir, verbal derivation of noun armogn "agreement, alignment". The initial <h> was reintroduced later after the Latin etymon harmonia "harmony, concord"; around this time (the early sixteenth century) we also see a reintroduction of the musical sense.

Y sodal all'oc roncaf mortal harmonen noc.
/i soˈdal aˈlɔk rɔnˈkaf mɔrˈtal ˌarmoˈnɛn nɔk/
[i sʊˈdaw ɐˈlɔ ʀʊŋˈkaf mʊːˈtaw ˌɑː.mʊˈnɛn nɔk]
def element to.def=s.prx mystery deadly align-impf.3p neg
The pieces of this murder mystery didn't fit together.

[taken in translation from Conjugation, Operation e Diabolica in Musica: Y Commouð Deviant Primal (The Early Deviance Movement), a 1970 historical review written by Borlish popular historian Catrin Veçount. Part of a congeries of related books published in this year by academies as part of the Long Future project, an endeavour to commemorate the anniversary of the 1850 Laic Declarations of Belgrade. These marked a significant realignment in the religious policies of nations worldwide, and heralded the beginning of the Good Game period.]

…listeners from Deganny to Baldran found themselves enchanted. In this chapter we shall undertake an overview of the changes in instrumentation, in musical structure, in melodic and harmonic structure, in con- and disjuncture from the earlier styles, and the detaxion of global traditions with vicine particularities (with a view to tracing a throughline to the musical motives of the incipient complexes of Ubiquity and Vicinity).

In light of Monçating's facility with the instrument, let us begin in the pipe family with the torriot. Before the nineteenth century, the (precursors to the) torriot and similar low-pitched pipe instruments generally had a range of less than two doublings and the lack of modern reedmaking techniques severely limited their volume. It was only with the advent of pedal holes—adapted from mechanisms pioneered with the Madray peria nadaswarm some decades earlier—that torriot players could reach both its famed low notes (and finally be worthy of the name "little thunder" [1]) and the startingly clear alto range.

No composer delighted more in the torriot than Mollam Bushta, ally of the early Deviance movement and brother of the famed lady explorer Poshack Nerwaman (the tales of whose travels…

[1] This etymology (relating it to Norse þórr "thunder) is disputed, although the alternative in Latin taurus "bull" is no less controversial.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Leczêmbirèu 10. - High Camnorese
r̄toŕ [r̩.tɔ˞] - household slave, servant
Cognate to Camnorese artuz with the same meaning.
Borrowed into Pallath as rrɨ-tóːˀ, a humble 1sg pronoun.
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Lexember 10

Weddisch
rek
/rɛk/
1. rake

rekke
/rɛkə/
1. to rake

Yemya
svattra
/sʋɑtːɾɑ/
1. bed
KaiTheHomoSapien
greek
greek

Post by KaiTheHomoSapien »

9th

fletéssar - chair (from flétam - "I sit")

fletéssari flétam

"I am sitting in the chair" (this is about the level of sentence I am able to construct right now lol)

10th

yunákam - I cook

preview of verbal conjugation:

yunáks - you cook
yunákt - he/she/it cooks
yunákamas - we cook /ju.'na.ka.məs/
yunákc - you (pl.) cook /ju.'nakʨ/
yunákanc - they cook /ju.'na.kanʨ/
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

Image Atili: sinka /ˈʃiŋ.kʌ/ - novice, the first stage of priesthood. Novices are people who have dedicated themselves to serve the Atili Orthodoxy but have not yet experienced alavasma ("revelation" or "new understanding"). After the alavasma, a novice becomes a full priest (bigzus). Some novices advance after about a year, but it is not uncommon for someone to remain a novice for ten or twenty years, and some never advance.

In a church, novices are typically responsible for building upkeep, cooking, and administrative functions, though novices may also act as apprentices to specially trained priests (such as physicians). This leaves full priests able to focus more on the spiritual and mystical functions of the church. In academic settings, novices are typically devoted to studies, but novices who have finished their studies often act as teachers.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 11 - Yélian

vínquanut [ˈviŋkɐnʉt] - curriculum vitae, CV [Southern Standard]
curículo [kʉˈɾiːkʉlɔ̈] - curriculum vitae, CV [Northern Standard]

Etymology I: loan translation from "curriculum vitae"; vinqua "to live" + nut "path"
Etymology II: from Latin curriculum vitae

Ièlov, cigúvenas "yityesai perani minca" pun sao vínquanut! Alevats vat reyut palanlocan aquis secarúi, cut a'sarevoran inuvat civasanʻi!
[ˈɪ̯eːlo, kɨˈguːʋənɐʃ ɕɨˈt͡ʃeːsaɪ̯ ˈpeːɾɐnɨ ˈmiŋkɐ pʉn saʊ̯ ˈviŋkɐnʉt | ɐˈleːʋɐt͡s vɐt ˈɾeːʃʉ‿ˈpaːlɐnˌloːkɐn ˈaːkɨs səkɐˈɾuː, kʉt ɐsɐˈɾeːʋɔ̈ɾɐn ɨˈnuːʋɐt kɨʋɐˈsanʔi]
no NEG-write-JUS.2SG "PST-chill-1SG month-PL-ENUM five" in 2SG.POSS {CV} | of_course DEM do-INV.3SG.INAN person.PL-many after school, but DEF.ANIM=boss-PL regardless NEG-VOL-read-3PL
No, don't put "I chilled for five months" in your CV! Of course many people do that after school, but bosses still don't want to read it.