Lexember 2021

A forum for all topics related to constructed languages
Glenn
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Lexember 2021

Post by Glenn »

This thread has inspired me to attempt Lexember for the first time, by taking a new stab at my embryonic conlang Chusole, which has technically existed for a long time, but never gotten past the beginning stages. I have no idea if I can actually keep it up for the rest of the month, but I will see what I can do.

While this is the first time I have managed to post, I have actually been following along, and have words for Days 1-5, but I do not know if it would be a breach of etiquette to post them after the fact (if so, feel free to let me know). In the meantime, below is my contribution for Day 6.

Day 6: Chusole

elinno /‘e.li.n:o/ – compound (housing for an extended family)

elim /‘e.lim/ – family, normally referring to a patrilineal extended family, including grandparents, adult sons with their wives and children, and sometimes other relatives

(elim -> elin- before no due to regressive assimilation of adjoining nasals)

no /no/ – home, hearth, homeland

Note: I am uncertain about the stress system for Chusole; I have represented it as a stress accent above, but I have long envisioned it as a system primarily based on pitch, with (at a first approximation) one syllable with high pitch per word, thus /é.li.n:o/ rather than /'e.li.no/; however, my own English-flavored pronunciation tends to turn it into a stress accent anyway. :roll:

P.S.: Hello, everybody! I am a long-time member of both the ZBB and CBB (although chiefly as an appreciator of conlangs, rather than a conlanger); while I still lurk on both boards, I hardly ever post on either. Hopefully, this thread will help change that...
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Añoþnın

suɂnı [ˈsuʔ.nɵ] vtr. (Underlying suɂonı.) To move something around, stir, push. MC suɾɾɨ~-sɾɔɾ, from AC sūruri, from PB *ti̯áu̯du "move around" + causative *-gi.
kek [ˈkɪk] vtr. (Underlying kekı.) To poke, touch using an implement. MC kɪk~-kkɨ "touch with a tool", from AC kakā "eat (with a utensil)", from PB *kaká "eat".

Enjoy this SVC:
Iñıhı suɂnıþ buɂ uñ kaɂkiɂ beɂsiɂ su.
[ˈʔʉɲʉhɵ ˈsuʔnʉθ ˈbuʔ ʔuɲ ˈkɐk’iʔ ˈbɪʔsiʔ su]
ıñı-kekı suɂonı-te bu-nı uñ kanokino benisi-nı su
NONP.PFV-poke stir-3PL sago-DAT inside pot stick-DAT using
"They stir the pot of sago with a stick."

Hohetłéneyéyesénı Lohılwéh

tłotłénu [t͡ɬó.t͡ɬé.nù] n. Cauldron, large pot. PHLCF *t͡ɬóɾùt͡ɬéɾù, from AC kārukaru, from PB *kádukadu, full reduplication of *kádu "hot". Cf. Cıéthíıųécıųe fifféh.
weyé [wé.d͡ʒé] n. Womb. Haplologised from earlier weyeyé; PHLCF *úd͡ʒèd͡ʒé, from AC ūñēña, from PB [*]údeu̯de[/i] (earlier **úde.ude, a reduplication of *úde "?womb"). Cf. Cıéthíıųécıųe thoegıegıé, Féthíıvéfe thoevevé.

Sekai

a+L/ n. Needle, pin. PN *á+L, PB *akúku "spear".
áú /á.ú/ n. Plantain, cooking banana. PB *áɾú, PB *ku̯ádedu.

Ckyo·ka

ra·lo·s /ʟaːlɔːs/ n. Tablecloth. From ra·- "cloth, material" + -la flat object classifer + -o·s skin/outer layer classifier.
skytɨla /sc͡ʎ̥˔tɨla/ n. Trapdoor; a horizontal opening with a hinged lid. From skytɨ "door" + -la flat object classifer.
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

Glenn wrote: 07 Dec 2021 04:09While this is the first time I have managed to post, I have actually been following along, and have words for Days 1-5, but I do not know if it would be a breach of etiquette to post them after the fact (if so, feel free to let me know).
Not at all! It's perfectly normal to post catch-up entries. (I'll probably do it tomorrow.) Looking forward to reading more about Chusole :mrgreen:
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 7 - Yélian

tureal o'tivel [tʉˈɾeːɐl ɔ̈ˈtiːʋəl] - job interview
Etymology: tureal "talk to get to know one another; initial meeting; date" + tivel "work"

Cu Mancs, bai æ'tívosarorupas. Mariya yimiatgúvenet ívatauni ti èpabetál yiperuît cu tureaun o'tivel tistemé!
[kʉ ˈmans, baɪ̯ əˈtiːʋɔ̈ˌsaːɾɔ̈ˌɾuːpɐʃ | mɐˈɾa̯iː.ɐ ɕɨmɨ̯ɐˈguːʋənət ˈiːʋɐtaʊ̯nɨ tiː ˌɛpɐbəˈtaːl ɕɨˈpeːɾu.ɨt‿ʉ tʉˈɾeː.aʊ̯n ɔ̈ˈtiːʋəl ˌtistəˈmeː]
at PROP, have.1SG DEF.CONC=career-wrong | PROP PST-only-write-3SG application-PL-ENUM three and_then PST-invite-INV.3SG.ANIM at initial_meeting-PL DEF.GEN=work in_all_instances
I am clearly in the wrong career path. Maria only sent three applications and she was invited for the interview in all of them!
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Kobardon

rōg-
rōga /rógà/ noun matt, mattress, cover
arōg /àróg/ intr I cover myself, I hide
arōgo /àrógò/ trans I cover s.th.
rōgar /rógàr/ adj covered, hidden
rōgat /rógàt/ adv while covered, while hidden
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

Image Atili: hazovahna /ˌχɑ.ʒoˈvɑχ.nʌ/ - builder (etym. hazo "building" + vah make + -na (nominalizer)). Most buildings in Teremi are made of stone, mud bricks, or mud reinforced with reeds and grasses, as trees suitable for building are uncommon in much of the country. These materials are often whitewashed as a means of reflecting the harsh sun.

Where space is limited, as it is in much of Temrabolya, for instance, it is not uncommon to see new houses getting built on the flat roofs of older homes. These second- or third-story homes, called huhunes ("towers" or "necks") are accessed either by ladders or by elevated lelentovnye, raised streets formed of bridges between adjacent rooftops.

This unusual architectural pattern earns Temrabolya the nickname hon-hon huhunesi dirinal, "The city of 20 thousand towers."
Last edited by Mándinrùh on 09 Dec 2021 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Lorik
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Lorik »

Lexember 7h - Lohdan
holód [Ro'lo:d] - Noun
1 The main room of the house
2 The most important part of something

Example:
Ban dâkâ hînâ id loho sâhir an holód?
[bɑ̃: 'dɑ:kɑ: 'Ri:nɑ: id 'loRo 'sɑ:Riɾ ɑ̃: Ro'lo:d]
who do-SG.PST let-SG.PTCP INDF.SG horse enter-INF DEF.SG main.room
Who let a horse into the main room?

The houses of the Lohtûrin are typically two-storey buildings divided into a main chamber ("holód"), one or more bedrooms ("dûrartur"), one or more restrooms, a storage room and a stable ("dûkav").
The main chamber is typically the biggest room of the house, taking up a big part of the ground floor. It is typically connected to the stable.
Native: :bra: | Fluent: :eng: :fra: | Intermediate: :rus:
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Day 7

Hannaito (Entry 7):

deuzuu /deuduu/ [ˈdeu̯.zuː]
Noun:
1. rope, cord, cable, string, thread, yarn, band, twine, wire
2. string (of a musical instrument)
3. noose; execution, capital punishment, death sentence, death penalty
4. belt, sash
5. vein, artery
6. vein (in rock), grain (in wood)
7. muscle, sinew, tendon
8. ray, beam (of light) ​
9. stream, brook, creek, canal
10. a unit of length
11. pulley, hoist, winch

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaito *dewdûl "hemp, straw, plant fiber".

Glenn wrote: 07 Dec 2021 04:09 This thread has inspired me to attempt Lexember for the first time, by taking a new stab at my embryonic conlang Chusole, which has technically existed for a long time, but never gotten past the beginning stages. I have no idea if I can actually keep it up for the rest of the month, but I will see what I can do.
Glenn wrote: 07 Dec 2021 04:09 P.S.: Hello, everybody! I am a long-time member of both the ZBB and CBB (although chiefly as an appreciator of conlangs, rather than a conlanger); while I still lurk on both boards, I hardly ever post on either. Hopefully, this thread will help change that...
Welcome! We're happy to have you join us. [:D] Best of luck!
Dormouse559 wrote: 07 Dec 2021 08:31
Glenn wrote: 07 Dec 2021 04:09While this is the first time I have managed to post, I have actually been following along, and have words for Days 1-5, but I do not know if it would be a breach of etiquette to post them after the fact (if so, feel free to let me know).
Not at all! It's perfectly normal to post catch-up entries. (I'll probably do it tomorrow.) Looking forward to reading more about Chusole :mrgreen:
​[+1] Indeed, please feel free!
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

Leczêmbirèu 7 - Camnorese
irren - employment, work
Loanword from High Camnorese rren, meaning "work" from Common Camnorese *zəɣərɪt, meaning "labor, work". A cognate is (Low) Camnorese "zagarit" [ˈzâˌɣárɪt] meaning "effort".
Bonus word:
iruarziten - cigar
Loanword from High Camnorese ŕuarstn̄, meaning "cigar" from Common Camnorese *zoːrə + kərtən meaning "leaf + pipe". A cognate would be (Low) Camnorese **zôracartan **[ˈzûraˌkǎrtǎn]
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

7m Lexembr
mannaç mauser /maˈnats moˈzɛr/ [mɐˈnats mʊˈzɛː]
- a region in which bananas are grown, a locale known for banana export;
- sun belt, any region known for particularly balmy, warm or sunny weather

Etymology: literally "banana-ish lands". The noun mannaç "realm, lands, domain" is somewhat archaic in general use but can be employed humorously (here it was chosen presumably for the alliteration); it descends from an Old Boral manazȝ or similar, meaning "land holding, domain of a lord". It is a nominalisation of verb maner "to stay, remain" (cf. modern remanir), from Latin maneō in the same sense.

The word mauser is a productive adjectival extension of maus "banana, plantain", which is first attested in Boral in 1397 N (though there is no consistent usage until at least a century later). It is borrowed somehow through the European trade mesh (some suggest a British intermediary but it is impossible to be certain) from Arabic مَوْز (mawz) "bananas"; confusion as to the word's gender in Boral's neighbouring languages suggests it came north along various routes.

Il aurn cogmað fait ag manaç mauser mivocan.
/ɪl orn̩ kɔjˈmaθ fet ɛj maˈnats moˈzɛr ˌmi.vo ˈkan/
[ɪl oːn kʊjˈmaθ fet ɛj mɐˈnats mʊˈzɛː ˌmi.vʊˈkan]
3p have-pst.3p holiday do-ptcp.pst to.def lands banana-adj Mivockan
They had gone on holiday in the sun belt of Mivock.

paragraphs excerpted from the 1902 compendium On the Cities of the Corvine Concert before the Landfall, a reference work written by Saxon author Witkind Defenter (originally in Saxon as Bezug der Cräherbundstädde for'n Ancuft) on behalf of the Bardwick Library of Trade.

…goods through the Amagre Gap, making Middlesea fruits more available in whole form—with some speculation that even more distant foods like Bamackon mause and gorray nuts [1] could occasionally be found.

Meanwhile, the Borlish city of Axbane (or Ausbagn in the Boral, which descends from a Latin Aquīs Balneī "at the bathing waters"), which had been connected across the Rustigh [2] to the mainland since the establishment there of the originally-Flemish Order of Saint James in the eleventh century, flourished as the meeting grounds for both the trade meshes of the stadbund as well as the Borlish fleet. Exports of Jaibos breweries' renowned beers and ciders aside, the throughput of the Axbane port is thought to account for over a third of European trade outside the Middlesea by 1400 N (after which point it loses some ground to cities in the outer tallaths of Wales and to the incipient Vascon ascendancy).

The late fourteenth century also sees this Borlish city develop a particularly close relationship with Bremen, whose mayor…

[1] Bamackon standing in for a major population centre in 14th-century western Africa, suzerain in particular over parts of the coast to its south. Mause and gorray nuts refer to bananas and kolanuts, respectively.

[2] The strait of water between the south coast of Borland and the north coast of Willemy.
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
VaptuantaDoi
roman
roman

Post by VaptuantaDoi »

Añoþnın
añkıþ [ˈʔɐɲkʉθ] n. (Underlying añekıto). Axe. MC ɐñkɨt~-ñɪktɔ, AC ēñakatu, from PB *édekatu.
Iñuɂ ñečah ñıñkıþ nıɂnı uñ keč ınbuhe ık saɂnı o soč kaɂ ısneþne.
[ˈʔʉɲuʔ ˈɲɪt͡ʃɐh ˈɲʉɲɡʉθ ˈnʉʔnɵ uɲ kɪt͡ʃ ˈʔʉmbuhe ʔʉk ˈsɐʔnɵ o ˈsɔt͡ʃ kɐʔ ˈʔʉznɪðne]
ın-ñunı ñetası-ko ñı-añekıto nıne-nı uñ keč ın-bukeke ıku-∅ sane-nı o soče kaɂ ıs-netıne-∅
PAST.PFV-pick.up throw-1SG PL-axe water-DAT POSTPOS because PAST.PFV-do urinate-3SG floor-DAT POSTPOS 1SG.POSS hut-DAT of night when PAST.IMPFV-be.drunk-3SG
"I took his axes and threw them into the river because he had taken a piss on the floor of my hut last night when he was drunk."

Hohetłéneyéyesénı Lohılwéh
eyetłé' [é.d͡ʒè.t͡ɬéʔ] n. Axe. PHLCF *éd͡ʒèt͡ɬétù, AC ēñakatu, from PB *édekatu. Cf. Cıéthíıųécıųe, Féthíıvéfe hefféte.
yi'uhwé [d͡ʒí.ʔùh.wé] vtr. Listen to, understand something. PHLCF *d͡ʒékùsí, AC ñēkusi, from PB *ékuti. Cf. Cıéthíıųécıųe gıetthí, Féthíıvéfe vetthí.

Sekai
kásatô /ká.sà.tɔ̂/ n. Thatch used for making rooves; a roof made of thatch; metaphorically a house/home. PN *kásàtɔ́èá, from PB *káti̯a-tu̯a i̯éku̯a "house grass".

Ckyo·ka
cnila /xni.la/ n. Roof tile. From cni "clay" + -la "flat object classifer".
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Lexember 7

Three for one today for Weddisch, since the words are all closely related.

Weddisch
bord
/boɾd/
1. table
2. side of ship
3. plank of wood (now rare)

mêtbord
/metboɾd/
1. dining table

wrytbord
/vɾɛɪtboɾd/
1. desk

Yemya
dvar
/dʋɑɾ/
1. door
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Lexember 8 - Yélian

aranvídiʻo [ˌaːɾɐnˈviːdɨʔɔ̈] - minimum wage
Etymology: aran "base, baseline" + vídiʻo "wage"

A'valaryélian yiperbarvet pi un'aranvídiʻo roperlinut pès Ŧi 3,35.
[ɐˈvaːlɐɾˌʃeːlɪ̯ɐn ɕɨpəɾˈbaɾvə‿pi ʉnˌaːɾɐnˈviːdiʔɔ̈ ɾɔ̈pəɾˈliːnʉ‿pɛs ˈtuːləni ti‿vəd‿miŋkɐˈteːɾa]
DEF.ANIM=government-shellian PST-announce-3SG that DEF.INAN=minimum_wage FUT-raise-INV.3SG.INAN towards PROP-ENUM 3.35
The Shellian government has announced that the minimum wage will be raised to 3.35 silver (around $8.46)
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Kobardon
rag-
raga /ràgá/ n a round table (either for sitting on the ground or for standing)
arag /áràg/ intr I sit/stand at a table
arago /áràgó/ trans I sit/stand at a table with s.o.
ragar /rágár/ adj at a table, relating to tables, circular, disc-shaped
ragat /ràgát/ advwhile sitting at a table, conjointly, amicably
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
Lorik
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Lorik »

Lexember 8th - Lohdan
gavari [gɑ'vɑɾi] - bucket
torov ['toɾov] - pan
tarôdir [tɑ'ɾo:diɾ] - to cook
tarôdiv [tɑ'ɾo:div] - dish
Native: :bra: | Fluent: :eng: :fra: | Intermediate: :rus:
shimobaatar
korean
korean

Post by shimobaatar »

Day 8

Hannaito (Entry 8):

bau /bau/ [ˈbau̯] (transitive)
Verb:
1. to wash, to clean (an object or part of a building)
2. to clear, to erase, to wipe, to remove
3. to tidy, to arrange, to organize
4. to launder, to wash and smooth clothing
5. to peel, to skin, to prepare ingredients for cooking
6. to cleanse, to purify (ritually)
7. to redeem, to justify, to validate, to vindicate, to exonerate, to acquit, to absolve, to forgive

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaito *bel "to wave, to wipe, to rub, to clear".

bauve /baube/ [ˈbaʋ.ʋe]
Noun:
1. a spot along a river used for washing clothes
2. laundry room, washhouse, a public building for doing laundry
3. clothesline, drying rack, a place for clothes to dry after being washed
4. sink, washstand, wash basin (as a stationary piece of furniture, especially when used to wash clothes, food, dishes, etc.)
5. court, courthouse, courtroom

Etymology
From bau, from Proto-Hannaito *bel "to wave, to wipe, to rub, to clear", + -be, from Proto-Hannaito *beli "ground, place".

tauhin /tauhin/ [ˈtau̯.ʝĩn] (transitive)
Verb:
1. to wash, to clean, to bathe (a person or animal)
2. to brush (teeth or hair)
3. to apply perfume or cosmetics to
4. to beautify, to adorn, to make presentable, to improve someone's physical appearance
5. to embalm

Etymology
From Proto-Hannaito *tawhêm "to wash, to clean".

tauhinbe /tauhinbe/ [ˈtau̯.ʝĩmˌbe]
Noun:
1. bath, bathhouse, public bath
2. washroom, bathroom
3. sink, washstand, wash basin (as a stationary piece of furniture, especially when used for personal hygiene)
4. dressing room, vanity, dressing table
5. mortuary, morgue

Etymology
From tauhin, from Proto-Hannaito *tawhêm "to wash, to clean", + -be, from Proto-Hannaito *beli "ground, place".
Jackk
roman
roman

Post by Jackk »

8m Lexembr
disceir /diˈxir/ [dɪˈçɪː]
- to not appear, be missing, to not show up at the right time or place;
- to depart, abandon, leave, especially unexpectedly or ahead of time;
- to fail, not make it, to miss a target or standard with ill effect;
- in linguistics, to lenite, to undergo lenition and soften, or else to undergo syncope (disappear from the interior of a word or phrase)

A verb of the -r conjugation, patterning after leir "to read" (past participle disceut /diˈxawt/).

Etymology: a thirteenth-century borrowing into Middle Boral of Latin discēdō "I leave, retire, not fulfill, deviate, vanish, die", adapted to the model of native words like acceir < accēdō "I approach" and occeir < occidō "I die". Originally referring only to people, its usage broadened over time; the sense in linguistics is in the Norman French cognate discire, from the seventeenth century in Jan Tacquerai's Divergence of the Roman Tongues.

Hour alcot son ty cosvour disceint?
/ur alˈkɔt sɔn ti kɔˈsvur diˈxint/
[ʊː‿ʀɐˈgɔt sɔn ti kʊˈzvʊː dɪˈçint]
time how.much be.3p 2s.gen cousin be.missing-ptcp.prs
How long have your cousins been missing?

excerpted from Ghendaline Cecchino's scholastic quire Tightrope Walking: a Linguistic History of Boral, a work (published originally in Napolitan as Funamblisme: n'Istorio Lingual d'e Isule Bural) distributed via the Edizore Università Napule in 1991 and chronicling the various changes in the Borlish language from the Roman period to the modern day.

…a borrowing from Norse or English by considering which softenings have occured within the word—but be careful! If you don't know the source of the loanword precisely you can fail to take into account its original pronunciation. For example, one might suppose Boral fruyar "to dance" must be a very early borrowing from Old English frician, to have done away with the /k/ completely. But in fact evidence of Sothbar dialect particularities suggests that in the proximate source the verb was already pronounced /ˈfriːjːan/, from which we can only conclude that the word enters Boral at some point after the evolution of /dʒ/ (textual evidence dates it to at least the ninth century).

Later on (see chapter 6) we will also see how sound changes have no memory—later sound changes can reverse the effects of earlier ones, even centuries later. The most impressive example of this process in Boral must be the early deletion of Latin <v> between vowels (hypothesised to have been underway even in the late Classical period), together with the circa seventeenth-century insertion of <v> to break up hiatus between /o/ and another vowel. For example, the Latin novellus "young, newly made" yields Old Boral noel "fresh, newborn", and Modern Boral novel "new". Often, however, such reversals affect only a portion…
terram impūram incolāmus
hamteu un mont sug
let us live in a dirty world
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

Image Atili: dantana /dʌnˈtɑ.nʌ/ - healer (etym. danta "heal" + -na (nominalizer)). Atili healers use the etamïrus ("life aether") to heal injury or illness. Most healers in Teremi come from one of the 36 healer families called dadantanavi. A dantanavi is usually employed by a noble house with a typical contract lasting six generations. These contracts, often paid up front, sell for enormous sums of money. In order to keep themselves scarce and thus demand higher contracts, most healers will have only one child with whom they will share their family's secret techniques. When a healer has multiple children, they will usually teach all children some basic techniques, and the one who shows the greatest aptitude will be chosen to learn the more secret advanced arts. The selected child is called a kimidantana ("chosen healer" or "student healer"), and other children are sent away so that the kimidantana can be taught in secret.

BONUS WORD:
Image Atili: zilïte /ʒɨˈɫɨ.tɛ/ - physician (etym. zi "person" + lïte "courage"). Anyone who cannot afford the services of a healer must settle for a physician. A much more open profession, children who do not become the kimidantana, called vavatlenam ("those who are sent away") often choose to become physicians in order to make use of the basic etamïrus practices that they were allowed to learn before being sent away. Physicians often take up residence in churches or the keeps of minor nobility who cannot afford a healer contract, but some prefer to set up practices in large cities or to teach at the university hospital in Temrabolya. In addition to using basic healing magic, physicians also make use of various remedies, antidotes, and potions.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

Jackk wrote: 08 Dec 2021 22:27 8m Lexembr
disceir /diˈxir/ [dɪˈçɪː]
- in linguistics, to lenite, to undergo lenition and soften, or else to undergo syncope (disappear from the interior of a word or phrase)
I love to see linguistic terms in conlangs!
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
spanick
roman
roman

Post by spanick »

Lexember 8

Weddisch
buitsche ~ buike
/bœɪd͡ʒə/ ~ /bœɪkə/
1. clothes hanger

Literally “little bow” from bow plus the diminutive suffix -tsche/-ke, which triggers I-umlaut.

Yemya
ola
/olɑ/
1. awl